STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT II SINGLE PLAYER GAMEPLAY

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

IvanGrozny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 IvanGrozny
Member since 2015 • 1841 Posts

Looks so meh. Uninspired like all previous single player campaigns from Dice and EA. Graphics though are the best, although everything else is a snooze fest.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

Looks boring but I'm getting it regardless because I'm a sucker for Star Wars.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

that tie fighter section is awesome. that is what i want starfox to go next! but you need power to do this stuff. but at least something close to it nintendo!

JtoThaMtoThaP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 JtoThaMtoThaP
Member since 2016 • 1016 Posts

I'll get it for the eye candy alone

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#5 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts

Who on earth indulges in Star Wars to see the baddies win? That alone seems pointless. It also looks very by-the-numbers.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#6 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24880 Posts

it looks so terrible. and so easy.

lol at DICE SP campaign. "but but motives are making it" oh yeah even worse developer than DICE making SP portion.. sounds great.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

I'm excited! It's gonna be my native 4K/60 showcase for the system I'm building. I had fun with the beta too!

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Got to love these whiney ass gamers now and days, they are literally fixing all of the issues the first one had, gave it a SP as well and you cry babies still bitch about it.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46160 Posts

@Ballroompirate said:

Got to love these whiney ass gamers now and days, they are literally fixing all of the issues the first one had, gave it a SP as well and you cry babies still bitch about it.

Because it's worse than the first.

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts

Very good......finally single player.That is all i want from a Star Wars Battlefront game.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

looks good enough to me

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12  Edited By 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

Looks about what was expected,. Which is to say pretty graphics but everything else is underwhelming. It's just a straight up shooter, with a campaign dropped into the multiplayer maps. I bet it's only 3-4 hours as most recent EA shooters have been.

Such a shame. I was first excited when EA got the Star Wars license. Now I do think the multiplayer aspect has been unfairly maligned a bit (when it's actually pretty fun AND pretty graphics/amazing sound). But the single player treatment has been shameful with seemingly nothing else on the horizon? I'm sure some of us thought we'd have a KOTOR 3 by now. But let's face it, that would probably be terrible at this point with where Bioware has gone lately.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

@Ballroompirate said:

The single player campaigns are an afterthought in most shooters these days, it's been like that for a long time... and EA might even be the worst (even though their multiplayer is way better than Call of Duty, it feels like their campaigns are consistently worse).

I do appreciate it being there, but I can't remember the last time I found a DICE or EA driven shooter campaign to be interesting. Now, just the fact that it's Star Wars should help, but if it's just some random character dropped into that universe it doesn't automatically mean it's going to be interesting. Especially if it's just the standard 4 hour whack-a-mole campaign with interspersed cutscenes and forced set pieces. It might hold my interest for 1 play-through due to what will surely be high production values, after that I'll forget it's there.

What I would really love is an open world shooter (maybe even open world where you can do missions on multiple planets), maybe 20 hours, with some RPG/squad elements if they want to push some gameplay into the single player campaign. We know with side-quests such games can easily be 50-100 hours and still hold your interest *if* they are well done. If such a game is ever made, it would be amazing in the Frostbite engine if they could maintain those production values.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 55993 Posts

I'm only buying it just for the Single Player, Like I did with Titanfall 2. All I care is the Campaign alone since it's tied in between Episode 6 & Episode 7 but most of all, I wanna play the Imperial side for once. Already pre-order it through EA Origin with the discount.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#15 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26080 Posts

@davillain-: Get TIE Fighter.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58800 Posts

@davillain- said:

I'm only buying it just for the Single Player, Like I did with Titanfall 2. All I care is the Campaign alone since it's tied in between Episode 6 & Episode 7 but most of all, I wanna play the Imperial side for once. Already pre-order it through EA Origin with the discount.

Couple of games let you play on the Imperial side.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58800 Posts

@Willy105 said:

And this, ofc.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#18 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Looks pretty generic and frankly pretty boring on top of that. Doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

Looks generic as fu*k... but sadly people will still flock to buy it because it's Star Wars.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20  Edited By Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9852 Posts

I really hope Disney won't do an exlusive deal with EA once the 10 years are up. Let EA get the MP stuff, but please someone else take over the SP. This will be remembered as a lost decade for the IP. Looks embarrasing frankly.

Damn it I would love to see Platinum Games do a jedi interpretation.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 55993 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@Willy105 said:

And this, ofc.

I played TIE Fighter back in 2001. I love it.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Willy105

@uninspiredcup said:
@davillain- said:

Couple of games let you play on the Imperial side.

Don't forget The Force Unleashed.

I don't get why this is a big deal, it feels like playing as the Imperials has been extremely common in Star Wars games.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

@biggest_loser said:

Who on earth indulges in Star Wars to see the baddies win? That alone seems pointless. It also looks very by-the-numbers.

im sure she will turn to the good side or the game will end questioning the empire. On topic this looks ok.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Ballroompirate

@R4gn4r0k said:
@Ballroompirate said:

Because it's worse than the first.

Sadly no

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

Didn't make me want to rush out and buy it, that's for sure. Looks incredibly generic and boring.

Also, what's the super tough Tie Fighter fitted with a pair of blasters that are more powerful than an Imperial-II Class Star Destroyer's Tubolaser batteries.?

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

and this is why I said not every game needs a single player to the people who say not every single player needs multiplayer

kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts

Gotta be honest here, that really did look boring and generic af. It's like they didn't even try to make it interesting. Just make sure it's pretty and feels Star Wars-ish and that's it, gg ez money.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 R4gn4r0k

@Ballroompirate: except it is.

The first just had a lack of content.

This one has its entire progression locked behind pay 2 win random lootboxes.

Have fun with battlefront ii, but don't come running when multiplayer dies out within a month thanks to its random p2w nature...

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Ballroompirate

@R4gn4r0k said:

Have fun with battlefront ii, but don't come running when multiplayer dies out within a month thanks to its random p2w nature...

You just proved how fraking stupid you are

1. BF2 already has more content than the first, including space battles, class system (with hints of some customization), hero system with different items/customization, 12 maps (ground), 6 maps (space) compared to the 8 maps from the last one. Oh and single player this time around which is gonna show us at least some story between TLJ and FA. The first one may have lacked content but this one already doubles content.

2. It's not pay 2 win, learn the fraking meaning like every other dumbass that miss uses the meaning. You can spend $200+ on the rng boxes and not get anything worth wild (hence it's a gambling issue, not a pay 2 win issue). If it was a legit pay 2 win, it would mean you could spend $50 on a blaster that 2 shots people/heroes..that's pay 2 win, this is a whole different issue with rng boxes it's gambling in a bad way.

3. I will have fun doing sp and mp with double digit play times and I wouldn't be surprised If I clocked in a good 100+ hours into the mp, meanwhile have fun with Wolfenstein 2 The New Colossus 8-10 hour single player pleb.

/drop mic

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 R4gn4r0k

@Ballroompirate said:

dumbass

Why so agressive over a video game ?

Dude...

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 R4gn4r0k

@Ballroompirate said:

3. I will have fun doing sp and mp with double digit play times and I wouldn't be surprised If I clocked in a good 100+ hours into the mp, meanwhile have fun with Wolfenstein 2 The New Colossus 8-10 hour single player pleb.

/drop mic

Also this ?

Comon, who talks like this ?

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Ballroompirate

@R4gn4r0k said:
@Ballroompirate said:

dumbass

Why so agressive over a video game ?

Dude...

Why spouting shit you know nothing about? or did you just have the need to cry about loot boxes and ironically it's just a shit gambling system (a whole different issue than p2w).

And off topic what's even more funny is people ignoring the cosmetic items on the steam market place that go from $20 to hundreds of dollars, which the most expensive cosmetic item I've seen is a PUBG mask that's going for $900....yes $900 for a cosmetic item. But no lets cry about loot boxes.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

@quadknight said:

Looks boring but I'm getting it regardless because I'm a sucker for Star Wars.

Ladies and gentlemen, the problem.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Is the story in this game considered canon or not? That's the only thing that would convince me to buy this before Ep. Viii comes out.

Avatar image for leaderofthesaints
LeaderOfTheSaints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#35  Edited By LeaderOfTheSaints
Member since 2017 • 5 Posts

I was hoping this game would be worth a shit... Basically all EA is doing is taking people's childhoods (like mine) and smashing them into little pieces. I guess you can slap a poor ass game together and call it anything you want these days. EA needs to tell DICE this is SWB not Battlefield.. People are gonna waste money buying this shit when you could prob get all the originals for way less the money and get a game 100x better. I dont know about you guys but im not buying this ill just play the original SWB1

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

Did anyone expect anything other than a single player version of the MP with bots? They need to stop trying to create this rubbish and bring back the Jedi Knight series.

Not sure why anyone asked for this in the first place.

jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#37 jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts

Tacked on single player from EA what do you expect? Just another reason to avoid this mess of a game.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Seek and ye shall find...

Guess I am going to have to play this before the new movie comes out.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 R4gn4r0k

@DragonfireXZ95 said:

Did anyone expect anything other than a single player version of the MP with bots? They need to stop trying to create this rubbish and bring back the Jedi Knight series.

Not sure why anyone asked for this in the first place.

I don't think EA would listen to what anyone asks :p

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@Ballroompirate said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

1. BF2 already has more content than the first, including space battles, class system (with hints of some customization), hero system with different items/customization, 12 maps (ground), 6 maps (space) compared to the 8 maps from the last one. Oh and single player this time around which is gonna show us at least some story between TLJ and FA. The first one may have lacked content but this one already doubles content.

2. It's not pay 2 win, learn the fraking meaning like every other dumbass that miss uses the meaning. You can spend $200+ on the rng boxes and not get anything worth wild (hence it's a gambling issue, not a pay 2 win issue). If it was a legit pay 2 win, it would mean you could spend $50 on a blaster that 2 shots people/heroes..that's pay 2 win, this is a whole different issue with rng boxes it's gambling in a bad way.

/drop mic

1) Space battle system that is plain shit. the PC is version is point and click. The console version is the same only slightly harder.... still overall pretty shit and uninspired.... MP rogue squadron is dumb.

2) Whoa.... I mean just whoa.... gambling or not, spending money gives you a much higher chance/faster pace of development... like those s*it mobile phone games, this practice is cancer... and you are defending it.

3) The SP will be 5 hours, you maybe one of those stubborn ones that tries to prove people wrong, but lets be fking honest shall we? You may spend 100 hours.... doesn't stop the game being generic low effort shit.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60695 Posts

I'll get it when its on sale or wait for EA Access.

BLN1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 BLN1
Member since 2017 • 128 Posts

Let's just remember, this is one segment, there's a whole campaign out there for us to play when it releases. Every singleplayer campaign has "boring" sections. Give it a chance.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 R4gn4r0k

@MBirdy88 said:

1) Space battle system that is plain shit. the PC is version is point and click. The console version is the same only slightly harder.... still overall pretty shit and uninspired.... MP rogue squadron is dumb.

2) Whoa.... I mean just whoa.... gambling or not, spending money gives you a much higher chance/faster pace of development... like those s*it mobile phone games, this practice is cancer... and you are defending it.

3) The SP will be 5 hours, you maybe one of those stubborn ones that tries to prove people wrong, but lets be fking honest shall we? You may spend 100 hours.... doesn't stop the game being generic low effort shit.

You can get your first experience and the multiplayer and came across some rich guy who's already bought multiple crates he'll be at an advantage.

I think it's clear to anyone who played the beta how pay to win and crappy the lootcrate system actually is. The starcards in Battlefront I were far from balanced, Battlefront II is on a whole other level.

So yeah that's already one point of Ballroom out of the window.

But then his final point is just going: "Nananana you are buying Wolfenstein and I'm gettin a better game you pleb" which is just not discussion worthy and at that point it's awfully clear ballroom is just trolling.

PyratRum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 PyratRum
Member since 2013 • 778 Posts

I don't understand why so many were clamoring for a campaign for Battlefront.

People acted like act Pandemic's BF and BF2 had some sort of great singleplayer. It was literally multiplayer maps with bots stringed together and this doesn't look too far from that. The draw of these games it the multiplayer chaos set in a Star Wars setting.

Black96Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Black96Z
Member since 2007 • 954 Posts

Just because you have better loot doesnt mean you have a advantage. You still need to be skillful enough to take advantage of it. Halo 5 has the Req system and everyone thought that was a Pay 2 Win.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@pyratrum said:

I don't understand why so many were clamoring for a campaign for Battlefront.

People acted like act Pandemic's BF and BF2 had some sort of great singleplayer. It was literally multiplayer maps with bots stringed together and this doesn't look too far from that. The draw of these games it the multiplayer chaos set in a Star Wars setting.

Indeed.

People liked the conquest because it made playing against bots have some sort of bigger purpose, but ultimately it was just bad bot massacres over and over.

Anyone praised SW Battlefront 1/2s campaigns, and then bashes the Dynasty Warriors & Friends games is a massive hypocrit.. its on the same level, but with guns.

Really frustrated with DICE (or the shell of a studio they are now) ... could of made a very detailed star wars game, graphics are there, but the gameplay is just praying on Nostalgia of the old Battlefronts, which were never great in the gameplay department. Space Ships should feel like proper spaceships, or at least 50% Sim 50% arcade which is what Battlefield Flight usually is. not tacky Rogue Squadron low effort bullshit

Moistcarrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Moistcarrot
Member since 2015 • 1471 Posts

I played the beta, it wasn't very fun.

CrashNBurn281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 CrashNBurn281
Member since 2014 • 1574 Posts

Jesus Christ. The loot boxes do not give you anything you couldn't achieve with time. If someone wants to waste their money to get a short timed leg up who gives a shit. Stupidest complaint ever. Gamers are cry babies.

Boring or generic may be legitimate complaints. Someone may get a temporary advantage because they spent more money than me is just retarded. Life isn't fair, video games are expensive and companies are going to find new ways to monetize things.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Willy105

@crashnburn281: Why defend a corporation so that you have a worse experience?

CrashNBurn281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 CrashNBurn281
Member since 2014 • 1574 Posts

@Willy105: I am not defending a corporation. Someone paying to get an item upgrade before me will not make me have a worse experience.

I have joined plenty of games with a progressive system that I was behind in because I didn't start at launch. It didn't make me not enjoy the game just because people had more advanced equipment.

If the system was locked behind a paywall then I would see it as a legitimate gripe. If someone wants to pay to have advancements before me then whatever. If they could pay to have something you could only get with money and it gave them an advantage, then that is also a gripe. Paying money so they do not have to grind for something makes no difference to me.