Star Citizen : The Production Schedule ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts

Star Citizen was once a game , now It's Universe and building a Universe takes time , In this video CIG explains -in a logical way and general sense- how complicated it is to build a schedule for this game Universe

====================================================

=====================================================

@Wasdie@Cloud_imperium

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#2 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24894 Posts

in 2017. people still believe star citizen is real?? or am i travel back to 2014??

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 MirkoS77  Online
Member since 2011 • 17655 Posts

All I care for is 42. I've always wanted a new Wing Commander. Just get that out the door, then focus on the PU.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

this game might make me play on the pc again, if I'm still alive when it releases...

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#5 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

in 2017. people still believe star citizen is real?? or am i travel back to 2014??

It is real, its a game right now that people are playing right now. It already has more content than most AAA games released in todays day and age.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@pelvist said:
@ghosts4ever said:

It is real, its a game right now that people are playing right now. It already has more content than most AAA games released in todays day and age.

real? where is a one single footage of squadron 42? it has been announced since 2012 yet they keep delaying it. what people are playing is beta testing. its been forever beta testing. in 2020 you guys saying same thing. star citizen is real. i used to believe star citizen and SQ42 is real in 2014.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23876 Posts

As someone who is studying computer engineering in school. These techniques brought up in the video are VERY familiar. Granted, they are never the exact same, nor should they be. But it does seem like a pretty clever take on existing development structures.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I'm looking forward to playing the final build sometime in the next decade. Not saying that they will take another 10 years to release it but for me to eventualy buy a computer that can run it.

I like space exploration games. Luckily I'm able to scratch that itch with Mass Effect Andromeda which is great so far (about 17-20 hours in).

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#9 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

This will be the next Kickstarter flop

you just wait

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

So many people here with so little confidence. If any of you had actually played the beta as it evolves you will know that the game is definitely coming and it keeps improving and expanding at a rapid rate.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

I was hoping for 3.0 by the end of this month but it's Star Citizen so a longer wait is no surprise. Still a chance of Squadron 42 for the end of this year though. My guess would be an announcement in October at Citizencon, Gamescon in August is too early.

@Vatusus said:

you just wait

If the most highly funded crowd funding project ever fails (not just from a gaming point of view but of all crowd funding projects), crowd funding as a business model is screwed.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Ghosts4ever

@GarGx1 said:
@Vatusus said:

you just wait

If the most highly funded crowd funding project ever fails (not just from a gaming point of view but of all crowd funding projects), crowd funding as a business model is screwed.

it wont be fail because it wont ever release. this project is just scam.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#13 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58824 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By GarGx1

@ghosts4ever said:
@GarGx1 said:
@Vatusus said:

you just wait

I guess everything they've shown is all a fabricated lie and Chris is actually living on a tropical island with his ill gotten gains. What's it like to hate everything? Your world must be a very dark place.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

scam of the century

AnthonyAutumns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 AnthonyAutumns
Member since 2014 • 1704 Posts
@GarGx1 said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@GarGx1 said:
@Vatusus said:

you just wait

I guess everything they've shown is all a fabricated lie and Chris is actually living on a tropical island with his ill gotten gains. What's it like to hate everything? Your world must be a very dark place.

He's afraid Star Citizen will top those favorite FPS games of his.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@pelvist said:
@ghosts4ever said:

lets stop peddling this nonsense please.

lord_darkheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 lord_darkheart
Member since 2004 • 40 Posts

The film was 20 minutes long and contained less than 20 seconds of game footage, the rest was spreadsheets and gant charts. That tells me everything I need, this game is vapourware.

waahahah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#19 waahahah
Member since 2014 • 2462 Posts

@Maroxad said:

As someone who is studying computer engineering in school. These techniques brought up in the video are VERY familiar. Granted, they are never the exact same, nor should they be. But it does seem like a pretty clever take on existing development structures.

They probably have a ton of overhead using agile on such a big project. I work on a team of 7 people, if they are scrumming their mornings must be brutal.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

No one is going to really care about an up in the air scheduled game that won't release until it starts looking dated in comparison to other games. Besides it's easy to make any space sim look amazing to play. Just look at Eve Online footage but go and actually play it is boring and requires a lot of dedicated time to invest in.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#21 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

@Maroxad said:

I find their way of having offices spread around the Earth interesting. Do you know if that is a common method to work on large projects? They use the difference in time to always have some people working on certain things. When the people in the USA wake up, certain things have been finished by the other people while they were sleeping.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

This is gonna be one of the most expensive game flops of all time. the backlash is gonna be amazing to see

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 BobRossPerm
Member since 2015 • 2886 Posts
@MBirdy88 said:
@pelvist said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Yeah I mean I haven't even seen a coherent game yet. Just bits of tech slapped together and some walking and shooting nothing. Don't know where all that content is hiding.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 Desmonic  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 19990 Posts

Ah, PC's The Last Guardian :) I remeber saying this in 2014 and people getting mad :P

LordQuorthon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 LordQuorthon
Member since 2008 • 5803 Posts

lol vaporware

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 GarGx1

@bobrossperm said:
@MBirdy88 said:
@pelvist said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Yeah I mean I haven't even seen a coherent game yet. Just bits of tech slapped together and some walking and shooting nothing. Don't know where all that content is hiding.

In some ways SC has almost as much content as many online only shooters have at launch. SC today has 18 (I think) flyable ships of various sizes, a vast playable area (100 sextillion km give or take) two large space stations, multiple smaller stations and satellites including repair and reload stations, several playable (if limited) missions, Arena Commander, Star Marine and Murray Cup Racing.

Arena Commander is a fully fledged space fighter game with both multiplayer and single player/co-op hoard modes against either pirates (UEE ships) or Vanduul (Alien ships). It has two large maps

Star Marine is a multiplayer fps with optional armour types, a good mix of weapon types to choose from and both in gravity and EVA aspects in the maps. It has two maps, one smallish one and one larger one.

Patch 3.0 is looking to massively expand the persistent universe by adding multiple locations and planetary landing/exploration and lots more missions. It represents a major milestone in the game's development.

It's a long way from being finished though but it's slowly coming together.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

This might be the most ambitious game ever. It'll take time to relase. Like a lot of time. It actually might be too ambitious.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@GarGx1 said:
@bobrossperm said:
@MBirdy88 said:
@pelvist said:
@ghosts4ever said:

In some ways SC has almost as much content as many online only shooters have at launch. SC today has 18 (I think) flyable ships of various sizes, a vast playable area (100 sextillion km give or take) two large space stations, multiple smaller stations and satellites including repair and reload stations, several playable (if limited) missions, Arena Commander, Star Marine and Murray Cup Racing.

Arena Commander is a fully fledged space fighter game with both multiplayer and single player/co-op hoard modes against either pirates (UEE ships) or Vanduul (Alien ships). It has two large maps

Star Marine is a multiplayer fps with optional armour types, a good mix of weapon types to choose from and both in gravity and EVA aspects in the maps. It has two maps, one smallish one and one larger one.

Patch 3.0 is looking to massively expand the persistent universe by adding multiple locations and planetary landing/exploration and lots more missions. It represents a major milestone in the game's development.

It's a long way from being finished though but it's slowly coming together.

PU - a tiny play area with nothing in it... 2 bases, about 10 quests... no sandbox game in existance has so little, the distance is completely irrelevant. 18 ships that fly almost all identical and still don't really have any properly unique characteristics or roles... and still feature incomplete... not upgradable or custimizable, they mayaswell be skins (exagurated, but not far off)

Arena Commander - 2 maps after 3 years... same few modes... nowhere near the content of even the smallest of AAA multiplayer games.

Star Marines is as bare bones as it gets... even with its 2 year delay.

Patch 3.0 has been downsized and is still 2-3 months out. sure its impressive TECH ... but that like saying "oh hey, you get a few blocks of a city with basic functionality in GTA ... so big!"... no it isn't.

I don't disagree with the final message, but hell... this "Its big" is just flat out delusional. Thier pace is terrible, given how planets and content are now missing from 3.0... and we are likely only getting 2 major patches this year.... I feel they simple cannot deliver in any decent timeframe.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

not even convinced SQ42 will be out this year either, same s*it different year.

But hey, I love seeing dining room animations months on end. fml.

VIPRexona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 VIPRexona
Member since 2016 • 7 Posts

Till recently i was a die hard SC backer, CIG can do no wrong type of guy, but i have realised that this game will fail and it will fail hard. After 5 years you have devs saying they are in pre alpha, and then what was suposed to be in 3.0 in 2016, will now be in 2018 AT THE EARLIEST AND THAT IS NOT EVEN 1% of the game. No mentions of SQ42, no new multicrew stuff, so many things we have no clue about, people are getting deceived so much my head hurts. If you are smart you go and refund that money if you have invested it in SC. But i think it was worth it, the backlash will be like nothing we have seen before :)

BTW, remeber Chris Roberts Freelancer? Yeeeeaaa :))

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts
@LordQuorthon said:

lol vaporware

For a game that's vaporware, they sure show off a lot of new shit every week.

Just browse this: https://www.youtube.com/user/RobertsSpaceInd/videos

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

sick of hearing about this games schedule either come out or GTFO

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3726 Posts

Wow. I'm so glad I didn't spend a dime on this disaster.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Wasdie  Moderator

@ProtossRushX said:

sick of hearing about this games schedule either come out or GTFO

Almost like it's a big game.

@tjandmia said:

Wow. I'm so glad I didn't spend a dime on this disaster.

It's getting made with or without your money.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56017 Posts

I'm only interested in Squadron 42 and only pray it releases at the end of the year. (Well one can hope)

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator

@davillain- said:

I'm only interested in Squadron 42 and only pray it releases at the end of the year. (Well one can hope)

It won't. Not only are they behind on the tech side still, Chris Roberts is petty enough to want to win GotY awards and SQ42 won't with Zelda out this year.

I'm predicting a Q2 2018 launch for SQ42.

That said, it's bigger than they originally pitched by quite a bit. So at the least we're getting a big and replayable game.

I'll defend Star Citizen to the death, but even I don't underestimate the size of that man's ego.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56017 Posts

@Wasdie said:
@davillain- said:

It won't. Not only are they behind on the tech side still, Chris Roberts is petty enough to want to win GotY awards and SQ42 won't with Zelda out this year.

That said, it's bigger than they originally pitched by quite a bit. So at the least we're getting a big and replayable game.

That's cool. I got more games to keep me busy and whenever Squadron 42 releases, I'll be ready.

Can't blame Chris Roberts for trying to create the worlds best PC exclusive game in History. Everyone's gotta try to make a name for him/her self.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Wasdie  Moderator

@davillain- said:
@Wasdie said:
@davillain- said:

That's cool. I got more games to keep me busy and whenever Squadron 42 releases, I'll be ready.

Can't blame Chris Roberts for trying to create the worlds best PC exclusive game in History. Everyone's gotta try to make a name for him/her self.

The end is in sight though. Finally.

They've been sitting on a massive library of art too. It's not like now that they are finally getting over the tech hurdles they can start developing the game, the content development has been going steady for years. You don't need the tech to have your script, mocap, art for characters, weapons, clothing, buildings, and all of that stuff. So once the dam breaks on the tech bottlenecks, it's going to be a flood of content.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

@Flubbbs said:

This is gonna be one of the most expensive game flops of all time. the backlash is gonna be amazing to see

No way it would be anymore of a flop than any other space sim for the PC. There's a niche community for these games and they are big spenders and large enough to sustain the likes of Elite series, X series, Homeworld, Eve: Online and all the others. However a lot of people (average gamers especially) will no doubt realize after purchasing that it's not for them. There's always a fairly steep learning curve and long periods of mostly nothing and looking at the scale of SC, it'll be no different, perhaps worse since they're using procedurally generated landscapes on planets which means hours roaming across such landscapes will be no more entertaining than it was in No Man's Sky...less so if they don't create some interesting life and populate it with enough things to do which NMS did do btw but was repetitive. Things like trading, economy, mining..etc are the farthest thing from what Halo and Mass Effect players willl want.

Squadron 42 might do quite a bit better with typical gamers though.

-CC-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 -CC-
Member since 2006 • 2048 Posts

They are clearly in a programing black hole that they cant code out of. Only way to explain so much time and money and so very little to show for it. Glad I only got $45 in this shit show or I would have gotten a refund by now.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Wasdie  Moderator
@-CC- said:

They are clearly in a programing black hole that they cant code out of. Only way to explain so much time and money and so very little to show for it. Glad I only got $45 in this shit show or I would have gotten a refund by now.

And it's also clear who actually pays attention to the game and who doesn't with dumb statements like that.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 GarGx1

@Wasdie said:
@davillain- said:

I'll defend Star Citizen to the death, but even I don't underestimate the size of that man's ego.

Chris's ego is a very good point add that to his perfectionist side and you're very likely correct. Having said that, I can't see Star Citizen or Squadron 42 winning over all GotY awards on many mainstream, non PC game focussed, sites regardless. It's a simple fact of life for PC exclusives.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Wasdie  Moderator

@GarGx1 said:
@Wasdie said:
@davillain- said:

Chris's ego is a very good point add that to his perfectionist side and you're very likely correct. Having said that, I can't see Star Citizen or Squadron 42 winning over all GotY awards on many mainstream, non PC game focussed, sites regardless. It's a simple fact of life for PC exclusives.

I can see it winning GotY if it comes through with its promises. If it does, it'll really stand out as one of the best games ever made. Nobody will be able to ignore that even if it's only on the PC. The cards are stacked against it though. PC games are always scrutinized more heavily than console games.