Star Citizen - Star Marine FPS FULL EXTENDED Gameplay

• 69 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheFadeForever
Member since 2013 • 2655 Posts

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts

@ghosts4ever: there you go

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

@the_master_race said:

Not a cinematic trailer of the single player game, so it won't count.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11792 Posts

That shotgun looks really satisfying. The zero gravity players started getting me to think about Shattered Horizon and how underrated that game was, hopefully it can live on in Star marine.

the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 the_master_race

@GarGx1 said:
@the_master_race said:

LOL

=======

Loading Video...

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#6 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24896 Posts

@GarGx1 said:
@the_master_race said:

my friend, the cinematic single player trailer they show last year. I want to see a proper SP gameplay footage. this is just another useless trailer that show nothing apart from engine and graphics.

we know squadron 42 play like this but why not show us that? what they are scared of?

the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 the_master_race

@ghosts4ever said:
@GarGx1 said:
@the_master_race said:

my friend, the cinematic single player trailer they show last year. I want to see a proper SP gameplay footage. this is just another useless trailer that show nothing apart from engine and graphics.

we know squadron 42 play like this but why not show us that? what they are scared of?

patience is a virtue my friend

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#8  Edited By Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24896 Posts

@the_master_race said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@GarGx1 said:
@the_master_race said:

today people are still waiting for half life 3 which will never come out

in 2025. people will still wait for star citizen. chris roberts continue showing beta testing every month like this.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

So is this Squadron 42? I don't really get SC in general, it all seems confusing and segregated with this one thing is MMO, another is FPS. Best I can make out is that one SC is like Eve: online and another is like Halo or something? Can they not just make 1 single game with all of these gameplay elements together?

22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 22Toothpicks
Member since 2005 • 12546 Posts

Programming the physics for this game must be a fucking nightmare.

the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By the_master_race

@pimphand_gamer said:

So is this Squadron 42? I don't really get SC in general, it all seems confusing and segregated with this one thing is MMO, another is FPS. Best I can make out is that one SC is like Eve: online and another is like Halo or something? Can they not just make 1 single game with all of these gameplay elements together?

Nope , this is not SQ42 , they wanted to show it at this year CitizenCon but plans changed and chris said it's not ready yet and they want show a better and polished version of game

the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By the_master_race

@ghosts4ever said:
@the_master_race said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@GarGx1 said:
@the_master_race said:

today people are still waiting for half life 3 which will never come out

in 2025. people will still wait for star citizen. chris roberts continue showing beta testing every month like this.

If it comes out in 2030 , I'll w8

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GarGx1

@pimphand_gamer said:

Star Citizen is an MMO, both Arena commander (single seat fighter game) and Star Marine (shown in the first video) are in fiction E-sports. arcade games within the game if you want.

Squadron 42 is a Wing Commander type single player game that will be very heavily story driven with divergent paths depending on how you play the game. You're progress from SQ42 will be carried over into Star Citizen a few ways, such as military service entitles you to UEE (United Empire of Earth) citizenship in the persistent universe as well as a starter ship and a fist full of credits to get you started.

Players will be able to jump straight into Star Citizen without playing Squadron 42 as well.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#14 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58854 Posts

Not impressed. Looks rough.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

Ewwww......... the shimmering, shader aliasing, specular aliasing....... Hurts my eyes so bad!!

Looks no better then COD!

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

@GarGx1 said:
@pimphand_gamer said:

Star Citizen is an MMO, both Arena commander (single seat fighter game) and Star Marine (shown in the first video) are in fiction E-sports. arcade games within the game if you want.

Squadron 42 is a Wing Commander type single player game that will be very heavily story driven with divergent paths depending on how you play the game. You're progress from SQ42 will be carried over into Star Citizen a few ways, such as military service entitles you to UEE (United Empire of Earth) citizenship in the persistent universe as well as a starter ship and a fist full of credits to get you started.

Players will be able to jump straight into Star Citizen without playing Squadron 42 as well.

So in SC's lore, E-sports is a popular thing people watch? So you just go and play those anytime you want? So what do you do in the main game? The Elite Dangerous stuff of explore, trade..etc? I usually find those types of things very boring. Is this going to be a monthly service MMO like Eve:Online?

They make the trailers look great and full of action, like the Giant sandworm trailer but they showed off cool things in Eve:online too only to find it's a lot of boring moments and hard to find where everyone is, never saw anything like in the trailers. I played Eve during its 14 day trial and never saw 1 other person or starship in that game...ever, it was so boring. X3 was boring too as far as things to actually do that didn't involve mining or trading.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GarGx1

@pimphand_gamer said:
@GarGx1 said:
@pimphand_gamer said:

So in SC's lore, E-sports is a popular thing people watch? So you just go and play those anytime you want? So what do you do in the main game? The Elite Dangerous stuff of explore, trade..etc? I usually find those types of things very boring. Is this going to be a monthly service MMO like Eve:Online?

They make the trailers look great and full of action, like the Giant sandworm trailer but they showed off cool things in Eve:online too only to find it's a lot of boring moments and hard to find where everyone is, never saw anything like in the trailers. I played Eve during its 14 day trial and never saw 1 other person or starship in that game...ever, it was so boring. X3 was boring too as far as things to actually do that didn't involve mining or trading.

Yes you'll be able to play Arena Commander and Star Marine anytime you want, there's ship racing as well but that'll be more of an 'in game' thing. They'll be drop in and out features like playing a game of CoD.

In the main game it'll be somewhat like Elite Dangerous on a far smaller scale, 100 odd systems instead of billions, so you will most definitely run into other players, this will be very common. The main difference comes into the way you play, everything is first person, you are not a part of your ship but a person on it, you can get up and walk around while the ship is in motion, hell you can even get out of your ship in space and EVA. some of the missions in the PU right now involve you getting out your ship and entering satellites and space stations. Another thing the FPS core allows is multi-crew ships with various stations. For example an Idris Frigate will need a 10 man crew, seats can be filled with NPC's but a good player crew will be far more effective.

All of the 'trailers' are done in game, they are exactly what the game looks like, in fact most of them are actual gameplay including the New Horizon gameplay trailer from Citizencon 2016. The only ones that aren't actually gameplay are the early ship adverts but they were still made using the game itself. I think this is one thing that people who don't follow the game find really hard to believe but trust me, it really is the game and the visuals are being continually refined and updated.

Loading Video...

This is a long video but it is entirely gameplay and the first showing of the planet tech v1 (New horizon was V2), if you have the time and inclination watch it, it puts a lot of things into perspective. They are still working on the new planet tech so it will not be in backers hands until the Alpha 3.0 which we'll get when it's ready. 2.6 (The Star Marine video) will come first, hopefully before the end of the year but I never hold my breath waiting for updates these days.

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TheFadeForever
Member since 2013 • 2655 Posts

@scatteh316 said:

Ewwww......... the shimmering, shader aliasing, specular aliasing....... Hurts my eyes so bad!!

lol everyone who has played the PTU already known there little no post processing affects in the alpha version

BlueEyedCasva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BlueEyedCasva
Member since 2015 • 599 Posts

December 8

FantasyGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 FantasyGamer
Member since 2015 • 517 Posts

looking good

Loading Video...

kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21 kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts

The Bengal is looking so damn good.

2012 vs 2016

Can you imagine the endless amount of gameplay and sheer epicness that this ship will provide? The thing is basically a whole game in itself nevermind the rest of the ships and content in SC. And then people complain that "it's taking too long!" smh.

BlueEyedCasva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BlueEyedCasva

@fantasygamer said:

looking good

Loading Video...

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#23  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

@scatteh316 said:

The actual level of detail is far higher than pretty much any other game out there, but they are still working on new rendering features and have not finalized even their LoDing system for now. They've said that they'll address all of those aliasing issues only a month or two before actual launch. Right now they are working on getting the engine to better scale to the infinite horizon view distance on the planet, implementing new particle systems that are far better looking and more optimized, implemented new shadow, a new lighting system that apparently works better with physically based rendering, HDR effects, a new depth of field mechanic for their cinematics, and a lot of material shading. Every month in the big update newsletter the graphics team in the UK gives a nice update on all of the cool stuff they are working on.

The aliasing and shimmering really does hurt the image quality right now.

telefanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 telefanatic
Member since 2007 • 3008 Posts

This looks like shit. I stopped watching SC videos year ago because every time I saw something it just keeps on getting more and more confusing of what this game is? 5 games in one ? I wanted a solid space sim not this crap. Ill reserve my judgements for when it does come out.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Looked janky 3 years ago. Looks janky today. Star Citizen.

the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 the_master_race
@kweeni said:

The Bengal is looking so damn good.

2012 vs 2016

Can you imagine the endless amount of gameplay and sheer epicness that this ship will provide? The thing is basically a whole game in itself nevermind the rest of the ships and content in SC. And then people complain that "it's taking too long!" smh.

I can't call SC a game anymore , it's breaking all boundaries

@silversix_ said:

a lot of things changed since 3 years ago and you know it

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@silversix_ said:

How does it look janky?

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 m3dude1
Member since 2007 • 2334 Posts

jank central holy shit

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46201 Posts

Reminds me of Call of Duty Infinite Warfare gameplay footage.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 silversix_

@MBirdy88 said:
@silversix_ said:

How does it look janky?

from animations to facial expressions, gunplay etc. Looks like an indie title in alpha stage.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@silversix_ said:
@MBirdy88 said:
@silversix_ said:

How does it look janky?

from animations to facial expressions, gunplay etc. Looks like an indie title in alpha stage.

I see... good job that is exactly what it is, minus the indie bit at this point.

Just needs polish, looks pretty solid to me, considering unlike the games most are likely comparing it to... not the whole focus of a genre so over-polished and refined to a point where some companies *cough* spin out a new one every other year.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 silversix_

@MBirdy88 said:
@silversix_ said:
@MBirdy88 said:
@silversix_ said:

How does it look janky?

I see... good job that is exactly what it is, minus the indie bit at this point.

Just needs polish, looks pretty solid to me, considering unlike the games most are likely comparing it to... not the whole focus of a genre so over-polished and refined to a point where some companies *cough* spin out a new one every other year.

that's fine but the fact that most (not all) things looked this janky years ago, looks like the progress is slow af.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@silversix_ said:
@MBirdy88 said:
@silversix_ said:
@MBirdy88 said:
@silversix_ said:

How does it look janky?

that's fine but the fact that most (not all) things looked this janky years ago, looks like the progress is slow af.

The animations and gunplay is far better now than when introduced even a year ago. The Demo I think you are refering to 2 years ago ... its entire work was utterly scrapped, hence why FPS progress seems that way, but the level of detail now far exceeds what it was then. I don't see Janky animations anymore? Where are they?

I love the fact that the weapon aiming is not tied to the centre of the screen, only other game that does this currently is ARMA ... and that is much jankier than this... this is almost completely smooth considering animations are totally unified.

Plenty of time to polish/balance this aspect, ship combat/flight just had another balance/polish pass along with this release I expect the same improvement... be it at a slow rate!

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 GarGx1

@R4gn4r0k said:

Which is absolutely fine for Star Marine (an in game game/e-sport) but anyone who tries to do some FPS like that in the PU will find themselves re-spawning far away from where they were and possibly even needing a new character. Anyone who thinks differently is in for a nasty surprise.

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

@GarGx1 said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

Which is absolutely fine for Star Marine (an in game game/e-sport) but anyone who tries to do some FPS like that in the PU will find themselves re-spawning far away from where they were and possibly even needing a new character. Anyone who thinks differently is in for a nasty surprise.

people comparing it to or complainng its not as polished as cod and BF and other small map games that have been pumped out and re fined over decades are stupid when you consider the fact you can run around on whole procedural planets thousands of km wide and capital ships a Km long with mutiple floors, or a moon or a massive city etc etc with these fps mechanics without single loading screen.

Yep totally comparable. *sigh*

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

They continue to polish this turd. Should be ready by 2019. Gonna need another $50 million in pledges though.

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Jereb31
Member since 2015 • 2025 Posts

@StrongBlackVine said:

They continue to polish this turd. Should be ready by 2019. Gonna need another $50 million in pledges though.

Polishing a turd would be rehashing a game, selling it again and calling it "HD Edition" or "Remastered Edition".

This looks like normal alpha stuff to me.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 StrongBlackVine

@jereb31 said:
@StrongBlackVine said:

Polishing a turd would be rehashing a game, selling it again and calling it "HD Edition" or "Remastered Edition".

Fair enough. They haven't actually released a finished product, but people have payed enormous amounts of money for what they are getting so far. I'm not sure you can call this development Hell either because this method of funding for an AAA game is unprecedented, but they seem to be long ways off from delivering what was promised. It seems too ambitious.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

Looks a bit rough. I'm moderately excited to play it but after this year's disappointing Citizencon I'm going to be doing my best to stay level headed when it comes to all things Star Citizen. There's no point hyping myself up only to get disappointed by more delays. I'm looking forward to playing this when it goes Live next month however.

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Jereb31

@StrongBlackVine said:
@jereb31 said:
@StrongBlackVine said:

Fair enough. They haven't actually released a finished product, but people have payed enormous amounts of money for what they are getting so far. I'm not sure you can call this development Hell either because this method of funding for an AAA game is unprecedented, but they seem to be long ways off from delivering what was promised. It seems too ambitious.

People have paid enormous amounts of money for them to develop a game that is all, if people are thinking they should get a gem quickly then they are silly. Probably is a long way off of being finished, pretty obvious really. But who cares, game might take 8 years to make all up but that's not unheard of either.

BlueEyedCasva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By BlueEyedCasva

@quadknight said:

Looks a bit rough. I'm moderately excited to play it but after this year's disappointing Citizencon I'm going to be doing my best to stay level headed when it comes to all things Star Citizen. There's no point hyping myself up only to get disappointed by more delays. I'm looking forward to playing this when it goes Live next month however.

Considering how AC was when it first released I expect much more improvements in the upcoming months.

BlueEyedCasva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By BlueEyedCasva

@StrongBlackVine said:
@jereb31 said:
@StrongBlackVine said:

Yes long ways that there able to show off full scale procedural generated planets with sandstorms with planetary entries while working on a SP and MP with Ship battles, fps deathmatches, racing and etc which is all playable now. Get real they made tremendous progress and have shown a lot this year than any other year alone. There aiming more than tacked on MP for the sack of trying make your game more than a rental

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By StrongBlackVine

@jereb31 said:
@StrongBlackVine said:
@jereb31 said:
@StrongBlackVine said:

People have paid enormous amounts of money for them to develop a game that is all, if people are thinking they should get a gem quickly then they are silly. Probably is a long way off of being finished, pretty obvious really. But who cares, game might take 8 years to make all up but that's not unheard of either.

It not unheard but it is never seen as a positive either.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#44 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

That looks fairly dull. Other than the zero gravity stuff, the actual running around and shooting looks like a more lethargic version of modern multiplayer shooters. It doesn't help that some of the people playing must really suck, because that one dude was missing someone directly in front of them, but I was under the impression Squadron 42 was going to be some fancy/shiny version of what the old Rainbow Six games used to be. That multiplayer isn't exactly gonna make me feel that type of way.

Which has been any time the game shows its modules, its systems in a vacuum, but not on top of each other beyond "oh it's gonna be the amazingist, pls wait". The stuff in a space ship, looks rad for the most part, but the other stuff is when the game looks awkward if not entirely hoping that the visuals can carry it.

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Jereb31

@StrongBlackVine said:
@jereb31 said:
@StrongBlackVine said:
@jereb31 said:
@StrongBlackVine said:

It not unheard but it is never seen as a positive either.

Depends on the game doesn't it, if it turns out well, then it would be seen as a positive as it gave the produces time to make it.

BlueEyedCasva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By BlueEyedCasva

@jg4xchamp said:

That looks fairly dull. Other than the zero gravity stuff, the actual running around and shooting looks like a more lethargic version of modern multiplayer shooters. It doesn't help that some of the people playing must really suck, because that one dude was missing someone directly in front of them, but I was under the impression Squadron 42 was going to be some fancy/shiny version of what the old Rainbow Six games used to be. That multiplayer isn't exactly gonna make me feel that type of way.

Which has been any time the game shows its modules, its systems in a vacuum, but not on top of each other beyond "oh it's gonna be the amazingist, pls wait". The stuff in a space ship, looks rad for the most part, but the other stuff is when the game looks awkward if not entirely hoping that the visuals can carry it.

What was shown was footage from a live recording when all the players where playing in the same place and on the same voice chat so they weren't able do anything really tactical. Maybe they could have shown a more scripted footage on what potentially it can be while playing but knowing how AC was in the beginning there going be lots of improvements.

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2116 Posts

Funny how i backed this way back when for SQ42 and that's what we have seen the least of. Hoping its all gonna be worth it cuz i can care less about Star Marine.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#48 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46201 Posts

@naz99 said:
@GarGx1 said:

people comparing it to or complainng its not as polished as cod and BF and other small map games that have been pumped out and re fined over decades are stupid when you consider the fact you can run around on whole procedural planets thousands of km wide and capital ships a Km long with mutiple floors, or a moon or a massive city etc etc with these fps mechanics without single loading screen.

Yep totally comparable. *sigh*

I thought this was a small scale FPS ?

Aren't you talking about regular Star Citizen, which has ships that stretch for KMs across ?

Many online games have claimed 'no loading screens' and 'levels that stretch for thousands of KMs' but if you want this to be succesful you'd better have a decent playerbase or AI that makes this all seem populated.

Fighting on a moon that's the size of a real moon with 8v8 sounds totally boring.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@silversix_ said:

Then it's perfect for you. Afterall you love Souls series. :P

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5557 Posts

Ill never forget that huge epic moment at cit con this year.... where a generic marine rode a bike for 20mins across an empty desert... just to do a crouch sneak kill on 2 inept guards!! Totally awesomer... and totally not the game I backed. My fault for backing so early I guess... looks like the team is heading in a different direction than they originally advertised.