Star Citizen : dogfighting ecstasy

• 103 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#103  Edited By CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

@scottpsfan14: yeah i wasn't quite sure of the question you were asking, sorry if my explanation seemed condescending. do you mean like, the price point they're going to hit will be less?

yeah i'm on socket 1150 at the moment. intel srt is pretty awesome.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#105 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@milannoir said:

@foxhound_fox said:

@Star0 said:
I hope this isn't just a regular space shooter with an extra lick of paint...

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/about-the-game

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/project-status

Six parts to the game:

1. Hangar Module (already released and constantly getting updates, new ships and locations)
  2. Arena Commander (dogfighting module with three phases, first is out)
  3. First Person Shooter (for ground- and station-based combat/interaction)
  4. Planetside (the part of the game where they open up planets you can land on from space)
  5. Squadron 42 (fully fleshed out single player campaign with voice actors)
  6. Persistent Universe (where everyone who funded this game wants to see it end up)

There is FAR more to this game than dogfighting. It's likely going to become a home away from home for many people who play it. Creating lives and stories all their own.

That's the funny thing with Star Citizen. So many people giving their "educated" opinion, yet they have no ****ing clue what the game is really about. In a world where so many gamers (consolites?) think a video game just consists in 10 to 20 hours of gameplay (including cut-scenes) + a multiplayer deathmatch (with variants) mode, a projetc of this scope is simply incomprehensible.

I have to admit I did not pay much attention to what this game was about, I thought it was just space dogfighting, I had no idea there was so much more to the game.

That post made me look more into the game and it looks like it will incredible, WOW that got me excited.