mane_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mane_basic
Member since 2002 • 537 Posts

Ok I’ll get it out the way right from the start, i know most think this game is a scam if that’s u push back and roll. If u are the ones on the side line this weekend cgi is trying planning a freefly the stress test their new tech PES. It would be helpful if a shit load of people jump in amd really push it so they can iron out it’s issues for our next patch.. if u need to know what PES does i will fill u in.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#2 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58950 Posts

Ignore it and play Elite.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15569 Posts

This game has been in "development" for 12 years now, the idea that they're still doing basic tech tests is laughable.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#4 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24921 Posts

2023 and people still think Star citizen is real?

LOL!!!.

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3024 Posts

I really need to get a new PC. Every time I see new Star Citizen stuff it blows my mind. Haven't played in like 5 years, I'm sure alot of things have changed and been added since then. Until then I'll just stick to No Mans Sky which is amazing!

mane_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mane_basic

@ghosts4ever: @Vaasman: i get u not interested and that’s cool. I just hope a few of u guys jump in to help stress the system.. this tech is one of 3 that is the main thing behind star citizen.

For those who are open minded feel free to check out that PES means for the future of gaming not just SC it’s the first of its kind tech

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58304 Posts

Yeah, highly recommend people try it out.

One of the more impressive games I've ever experienced.

It's a bit of a crapshoot if you get put onto a stable server and it is still in alpha (so, grain of salt and all that), but it can be so fun. The emergent gameplay elements, the visuals, the scope...truly impressive.

It's just taking so damn long to come out! HURRY UP!

@uninspiredcup said:

Elite is OK but the game is stale and tedious after a few hours.

Star Citizen, even in an unstable alpha, is far more impressive.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58304 Posts
@uitravioience said:

I really need to get a new PC. Every time I see new Star Citizen stuff it blows my mind. Haven't played in like 5 years, I'm sure alot of things have changed and been added since then. Until then I'll just stick to No Mans Sky which is amazing!

Everspace 2 just came out as well if you want a fun, more "arcade" experience.

Likewise there is also X4 if you want something with a lot more depth and strategy (though lacking in polish).

Can't go wrong with NMS, though 😀

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56094 Posts
@uninspiredcup said:

Na, I'll play Starfield instead😁

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3024 Posts

@mrbojangles25: I'll check those out! Thanks for the recommendations.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Nirgal  Online
Member since 2019 • 680 Posts

This game is so interesting as a social phenomenon.

I wonder if it will ever reach to beta, let alone be finished.

mane_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mane_basic

@nirgal said:

This game is so interesting as a social phenomenon.

I wonder if it will ever reach to beta, let alone be finished.

hey even as a fan i admit there's a chance this game never comes out but even if it never did the tech, they have built to get this far is mind blowing. From their planet tech to the current PES. With every major milestone in this game, it is of something never done before and is a big deal in gaming. If just one of their planned techs doesn't work this game can't come out. PES is their newest baby and us the gamers want to help them push this tech and find out how to tighten it up so we can move on to the next big tech needed to put this game in beta. so I'm here promoting the free fly. not even asking people to buy the game. just jump in and push PES to its limits.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts

Starfield is coming out before Star Citizen, let that sink in xD

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6029 Posts

Chris Roberts would like to thank you for paying for his $5 million dollar mansion.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7201 Posts

Gonna play Starfield, skip the trash.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34602 Posts

lol

12 years. Still alpha. Sells ships for hundreds of dollars. Company already swimming in money.

I'll pass. Even if the game is good and done, I'll pass hard. No fucking way I'll support such weird ass development. Found it cool at first, but then it got pretty weird after 5 years. Now it's 12 years later.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Last_Lap

@Litchie said:

lol

12 years. Still alpha. Sells ships for hundreds of dollars. Company already swimming in money.

I'll pass. Even if the game is good and done, I'll pass hard. No fucking way I'll support such weird ass development. Found it cool at first, but then it got pretty weird after 5 years. Now it's 12 years later.

Some are in the thousands yikes.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34602 Posts

@last_lap: Jebus.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BenjaminBanklin  Online
Member since 2004 • 11086 Posts

I tried it on a freefly a while back. I didn't play long but I was shocked that it was controller enabled, I highly doubt it'll ever see a console port (even without considering if the game will ever be finished or not). I mean, it's pretty ambitious but it's going to remain the most alpha-ed thing in existence

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17814 Posts

@davillain said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Na, I'll play Starfield instead😁

Pssh....casuals. Should be playing X4 instead. :P.

On Topic. I may dip my toe in for a free play if it's kinda working on Linux. I wont be buying anything though until they actually release Squadron 42.

mane_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By mane_basic

@osan0: nah don’t buy anything this freefly is more about pushing their new tech to help work out the kinks. They need heavy loads on the servers. As a backer who is excited for this tech to be ironed out is the only reason i am pushing the freefly …. Check out this mission to try out https://youtu.be/81CvI6ET-WY

adrian1480

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By adrian1480
Member since 2003 • 15033 Posts
@uninspiredcup said:

and even better: do it in VR, as it was meant to be played.

I was a backer in the first year of Star Citizen. I gave up on my investment years ago. Fortunately it was only a $60 starter pack or something. I can't imagine being one of the suckers that forked over hundreds of dollars hoping against hope for Chris -- a developer infamous for not being able to control his penchant for scope creep -- to actually deliver a complete product.

I'm so glad I had Elite to play during this time. I've put about 3,000 hours into Elite Dangerous and I wouldn't trade those memories for anything. And its VR experience was a revelation after playing for years with an ultra-wide and eye tracking. Far from perfect, but a truly special game. If ya'll didn't play Elite you're missing out on an experience.

mane_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 mane_basic

@adrian1480: if u own a package jump in and check out the game now. just can't play elite after playing SC it's just not the same game but i'm not hating on it just wasn't for me. i'm more of a fps guys. I have about $400 into this game and i got to say it's been worth it. i've put about the same if not maybe a little more into destiny 2 and i currently don't even play that anymore. so for me that feels like more of a waste than SC has been for me. what ver. did u stop playing at. have u landed on the planets, have u been to outposts, have u done a bunker mission? now are they polish like a finish game? o hell no.

adrian1480

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 adrian1480
Member since 2003 • 15033 Posts

@mane_basic said:

@adrian1480: if u own a package jump in and check out the game now. just can't play elite after playing SC it's just not the same game but i'm not hating on it just wasn't for me. i'm more of a fps guys. I have about $400 into this game and i got to say it's been worth it. i've put about the same if not maybe a little more into destiny 2 and i currently don't even play that anymore. so for me that feels like more of a waste than SC has been for me. what ver. did u stop playing at. have u landed on the planets, have u been to outposts, have u done a bunker mission? now are they polish like a finish game? o hell no.

I'll consider it. Part of the challenge is getting my flight stick, throttle and pedals set up. That was a B last time I had the game installed (maybe 2-3 years ago). I imagine I'll have to do it again from scratch.

Idunno. I'm just not a believer anymore. And where is Squadron 42? That was supposed to be done first, with its technology coming over to the MMO.

Honestly, the whole game is a scam, I'm sorry. The fact that people can literally buy their way to the end game should have been all we needed to know about what this game would be.

Like, imagine Destiny 2 where players could drop $1,000 and get god rolls of every weapon and exotic armor piece. Imagine Diablo 3/4/PoE starting at Paragon 100 with all the god rolls and currency you will ever need on day 1 for a small $3,000 investment, then pretending you have leaderboards that matter. Imagine playing being able to drop $5,000 on Elite Dangerous and own one of each ship, a fleet carrier, 50 billion credits, and insurance to cover any loss.

What is even the point of the games anymore if given that kind of treatment? There's a reason why none of them do. Why you have to earn what you shoot or fly in those games. Why none of those developers would allow real world currency to create a real socioeconomic imbalance in their games. This is some mobile gatcha game nonsense, in a full $60 release PC game.

The more I think about it, the more irritated I get.

mane_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mane_basic

@adrian1480 said:
@mane_basic said:

I'll consider it. Part of the challenge is getting my flight stick, throttle and pedals set up. That was a B last time I had the game installed (maybe 2-3 years ago). I imagine I'll have to do it again from scratch.

Idunno. I'm just not a believer anymore. And where is Squadron 42? That was supposed to be done first, with its technology coming over to the MMO.

Honestly, the whole game is a scam, I'm sorry. The fact that people can literally buy their way to the end game should have been all we needed to know about what this game would be.

Like, imagine Destiny 2 where players could drop $1,000 and get god rolls of every weapon and exotic armor piece. Imagine Diablo 3/4/PoE starting at Paragon 100 with all the god rolls and currency you will ever need on day 1 for a small $3,000 investment, then pretending you have leaderboards that matter. Imagine playing being able to drop $5,000 on Elite Dangerous and own one of each ship, a fleet carrier, 50 billion credits, and insurance to cover any loss.

What is even the point of the games anymore if given that kind of treatment? There's a reason why none of them do. Why you have to earn what you shoot or fly in those games. Why none of those developers would allow real world currency to create a real socioeconomic imbalance in their games. This is some mobile gatcha game nonsense, in a full $60 release PC game.

The more I think about it, the more irritated I get.

not really. u can buy a big ship but if u don't have the crew to man, its u just wasted your money. every ship can be bought in game and not hard to get. i had a full fleet before the wipe. So, it's pure BS about it being pay to win. it's more like imagine buying a $1000 gun in destiny 2 but u need 20 other players just to use it meanwhile 3-4 guys with $40 guns running circles around u taking down your health. SC is a skill base game 2 mid to heavy fighters along with an Ion with the right people flying them would wreak a cap. ship that didn't have fighters of their own. so basically, none of the example u gave fit. Sc isn't about collecting ships that's y the fact people buy ship with real world money doesn't give them a leg up. some people won't buy anything pass a starter ship they go work on other players ship whether it's being a gunner, co-pilot, or engineer.

i am shocked at how little most in here knows about SC even more shock at how against even just trying a free fly weekend just to see how much of a scam the game is.

Full Persistent has been the major issue. this is the second or third try at getting it right, this along with server meshing. they failed before big time and had to start over this time they tech seems to be working they just need to test it push it to its limits. in the meantime, their planet tech is second to none. they rebuilt the game engine no longer just mod it because the crytech can't do what they need to.

mane_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 mane_basic
Loading Video...

ocinom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ocinom
Member since 2008 • 1385 Posts

Glorified tech demo

mane_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 mane_basic

@ocinom said:

Glorified tech demo

i agree it is a tech demo. that anyone can current demo till the 20th. not here asking ANYONE to buy into the game just if u got a pc jump in fly around. it's a stress test of a system. there is no really game here yet just parts of one as they R&D some new tech. PES is one of the needed tech for this game to get to the promises made so jump in and help us try to break it so they can figure out the kinks.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

Imagine still thinking this is a real thing.

mane_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 mane_basic

@madsnakehhh said:

Imagine still thinking this is a real thing.

well seeing as it's the game i play most it is a real thing. not so sure why people are so against this game. ok so it's been in Dev. for 10 yrs so have "beyond good and evil" the fact they built a team, a game engine, and all while having the game live as features are being added should earn them some credit.

jhcho2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#32 jhcho2
Member since 2004 • 5103 Posts

@mane_basic said:

Ok I’ll get it out the way right from the start, i know most think this game is a scam if that’s u push back and roll. If u are the ones on the side line this weekend cgi is trying planning a freefly the stress test their new tech PES. It would be helpful if a shit load of people jump in amd really push it so they can iron out it’s issues for our next patch.. if u need to know what PES does i will fill u in.

Setting aside the whole argument about whether SC is a scam....I'll say that it takes more than mere tech to actually have a game. What CIG has now (after 12 years) is a tech demo with activities for players. Get back to me when they have an actual game. I play games, not tech.

And to me, a game must have an experience arc for the player eg. a story to tell or a journey from start to end. If that's not done, you don't have a game.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56094 Posts

@jhcho2 said:
@mane_basic said:

Setting aside the whole argument about whether SC is a scam....I'll say that it takes more than mere tech to actually have a game. What CIG has now (after 12 years) is a tech demo with activities for players. Get back to me when they have an actual game. I play games, not tech.

And to me, a game must have an experience arc for the player eg. a story to tell or a journey from start to end. If that's not done, you don't have a game.

As a backer myself, I only backed CIG just for Squadron 42 which is the SP only. Star Citizen is just the MP aspect of the whole game. The only reason why this whole project is still in alpha is due to CIG mismanaged both Star Citizen and Squadron 42 so badly, and without a Publisher giving them a deadline, it'll always be in its tech demo. I'm glad I'm able to play it but I haven't played SC in a long time and probably won't until I hear it'll finally go into development stage.

It's no wonder why MS fired Chris Robert over Freelancer. The guy is full of himself. At least Wing Commander was good.

mane_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 mane_basic

@jhcho2 said:
@mane_basic said:

f^(% yea, i got to 100% agree with you. There is nothing wrong in your statement at all. I test tech and play games. right now SC is a giant tech demo of features to a game being built. everything i've talked about in this tread is about helping test out PES. i am by no means asking anyone to spend money on this "game". nowhere will u find me promoting that anyone buying into this game.

PES is one of the major tech needed to finish the game adding it broke a lot of things on the backend of the game they trying to figure it out and need as many people as possible signing in and pushing the system so they can work out the kinks so if the game ever does come out this tech will be working great and they not finding out all these problem at launch.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Last_Lap

@mane_basic: You can't compare Beyond Good & Evil because it hasn't been in development all those years, the game has been put on the shelf a few times from what i've read this hasn't.

Not only that but Ubi didn't take peoples money and promise them a release date, once that date passed stop talking about release dates and added another game on top of it to get more money while still avoiding talking about a release date.

Also Mr Roberts bought a 5 million dollar mansion a few years back, he hasn't shipped a game and bought it off the profits from the game, so the only logical answer is that he used some of the money people gave him for the game.

This thing has been a fustercluck from beginning to the enevatible end where Mr Roberts gets jailed for fraud.

mane_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By mane_basic

@davillain said:
@jhcho2 said:
@mane_basic said:

As a backer myself, I only backed CIG just for Squadron 42 which is the SP only. Star Citizen is just the MP aspect of the whole game. The only reason why this whole project is still in alpha is due to CIG mismanaged both Star Citizen and Squadron 42 so badly, and without a Publisher giving them a deadline, it'll always be in its tech demo. I'm glad I'm able to play it but I haven't played SC in a long time and probably won't until I hear it'll finally go into development stage.

It's no wonder why MS fired Chris Robert over Freelancer. The guy is full of himself. At least Wing Commander was good.

once again everything u said in this is true. i would even go as far as to say that Star citizen would be a total s#!+ show if it wasn't for the planet tech team, the engine team, as well as the ships team. i have no clue what the missions, ai, and the server teams are doing i see no progress from them.