Star Citizen. 1 hour of goodness from Gamescom in HD

  • 80 results
  • 1
  • 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for melonfarmerz
#51 Posted by melonfarmerz (1294 posts) -

@ps4hasnogames said:

So this is what hermits have been drooling over all this time? Looks fucking boring.

@KillzoneSnake said:

Is this game supposed to be fun? I dont even find the gfx impressive... when i see The Order is like O.O when i see this its like ZzZz....

@Sushiglutton said:

This game makes me think of "The Emperor's New Clothes". Super hyped by its fans, but when I look at it all I see is really slow and dull gameplay presented in the most generic sci-fi style possible. The game is naked.

@Gue1 said:

indeed. It actually looks pretty bad.

Oh god the peasantry. The fact that you guys hype the most boring looking games (I:SS, The Order, No Man's Sky) just because they're on PS4 and dismiss anything, no matter how amazing, just because you can't play it, is ridiculous.

Avatar image for melonfarmerz
#52 Posted by melonfarmerz (1294 posts) -

@foxhound_fox said:

@Gue1 said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

So this is what hermits have been drooling over all this time? Looks fucking boring.

indeed. It actually looks pretty bad.

I'd like to know what looks "bad" about it. Because it's been years since I've been this excited about playing a game. Hell, it's probably been close to a decade since I've been this excited.

No cinematic 30 fps, no movie like black bars, no washed out grey palette, no fog everywhere to mask the textures, no hardcore god rays, no CGI cutscenes every 2 minutes, no QTE's. Is this even a game? Looks stupid.

Avatar image for Wasdie
#53 Edited by Wasdie (53489 posts) -

Still looking amazing. By the time Arena Commander hits version 1 (we're at .8 right now) it will be as feature filled as a lot of games are on launch. I'm pumped.

The racing ended up looking a lot more fun than I was thinking it was going too. The multi-crew ships look every bit as awesome as I expected. The actual gameplay is all still very rough, but it is coming together. The trailers they put together are of the highest of quality. Games is stunning.

Avatar image for clyde46
#54 Posted by clyde46 (49050 posts) -

Can I still buy into this game?

Avatar image for Wasdie
#55 Posted by Wasdie (53489 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

Can I still buy into this game?

Yes. You can buy the lowest level of ship package for $40 and get beta access then purchase instant alpha access for $5 more.

Or you can be me and spend nearly $150 to get a Hornet. I may have a problem.

Avatar image for Heil68
#56 Edited by Heil68 (57860 posts) -

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@foxhound_fox said:

@Gue1 said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

So this is what hermits have been drooling over all this time? Looks fucking boring.

indeed. It actually looks pretty bad.

I'd like to know what looks "bad" about it. Because it's been years since I've been this excited about playing a game. Hell, it's probably been close to a decade since I've been this excited.

They're trolling.

The upsetting part is Gue's post count. I wouldn't expect someone as seasoned as him to be trolling so often. A quick look at his post history shows he's been doing it for quite some time.

Member Since:July 27, 2004

yeah ok..lol

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
#57 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -

last night i watched this whole video. i really enjoyed it. at the moment i'm a backer with arena commander.

great they're introducing coop, now the mrs wants to play too - so once AC 0.9 comes out they'll have another backer.

really sensible choices regarding the hangers. first person gameplay coming at PAX, that's freaking awesome.

Avatar image for clyde46
#58 Posted by clyde46 (49050 posts) -
@Wasdie said:

@clyde46 said:

Can I still buy into this game?

Yes. You can buy the lowest level of ship package for $40 and get beta access then purchase instant alpha access for $5 more.

Or you can be me and spend nearly $150 to get a Hornet. I may have a problem.

If I didn't have a £100 parking fine then I'd be all over it.

Avatar image for airshocker
#59 Posted by airshocker (31700 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

Can I still buy into this game?

Absolutely, dude. You can pretty much buy whatever ship or game package you want and then buy an arena commander module pass(it's $5) and you're set. Just be aware that some ships aren't flyable in AC just yet. I think only the Hornet, Aurora and 300i are flyable.

Avatar image for airshocker
#60 Posted by airshocker (31700 posts) -
@Wasdie said:

Still looking amazing. By the time Arena Commander hits version 1 (we're at .8 right now) it will be as feature filled as a lot of games are on launch. I'm pumped.

The racing ended up looking a lot more fun than I was thinking it was going too. The multi-crew ships look every bit as awesome as I expected. The actual gameplay is all still very rough, but it is coming together. The trailers they put together are of the highest of quality. Games is stunning.

Makes me regret not getting the M50 when I had the chance.

Avatar image for rabakill
#61 Edited by rabakill (884 posts) -

It's called an opinion if someone doesn't like it.

My favorite genre hands down is space games and I am having trouble getting excited because what I've seen of gameplay hasn't looked fun at all. It looks slow, boring, empty. A game like star conflict has much better actual combat despite not being very deep. Star Conflict might have the most depth of any game ever but if the core gameplay is not fun it does not matter. Few games find the balance between good gameplay (e.g. Dragons Dogma) and depth (e.g. Eve Online) and Star Citizen is shaping up to be incredibly deep and incredibly boring

this combat is more fun than star citizens

Loading Video...

Avatar image for airshocker
#62 Edited by airshocker (31700 posts) -

@rabakill said:

It's called an opinion if someone doesn't like it.

My favorite genre hands down is space games and I am having trouble getting excited because what I've seen of gameplay hasn't looked fun at all. It looks slow, boring, empty. A game like star conflict has much better actual combat despite not being very deep. Star Conflict might have the most depth of any game ever but if the core gameplay is not fun it does not matter. Few games find the balance between good gameplay (e.g. Dragons Dogma) and depth (e.g. Eve Online) and Star Citizen is shaping up to be incredibly deep and incredibly boring

this combat is more fun than star citizens

www.youtube.com/watch?v=03_aTbgXTn8

And there's a difference between having an informed opinion and not.

So when people like you don't actually back up what you say, what are the rest of us to think? Give actual examples of why you think the gameplay isn't fun. Slow, boring, and empty with regards to what? Nothing that I've played, except for the solo flight mode, has been empty. Multiplayer combat in AC has been anything but slow and boring.

Avatar image for MBirdy88
#63 Posted by MBirdy88 (12230 posts) -

@rabakill said:

It's called an opinion if someone doesn't like it.

My favorite genre hands down is space games and I am having trouble getting excited because what I've seen of gameplay hasn't looked fun at all. It looks slow, boring, empty. A game like star conflict has much better actual combat despite not being very deep. Star Conflict might have the most depth of any game ever but if the core gameplay is not fun it does not matter. Few games find the balance between good gameplay (e.g. Dragons Dogma) and depth (e.g. Eve Online) and Star Citizen is shaping up to be incredibly deep and incredibly boring

this combat is more fun than star citizens

Loading Video...

and what pray tell, makes that any faster or more exciting than star citizen? its not faster, its not more action packed... the only recognisable advantage, is being a friggin star fox level easy flight....

Avatar image for rabakill
#64 Edited by rabakill (884 posts) -

@airshocker said:

@rabakill said:

It's called an opinion if someone doesn't like it.

My favorite genre hands down is space games and I am having trouble getting excited because what I've seen of gameplay hasn't looked fun at all. It looks slow, boring, empty. A game like star conflict has much better actual combat despite not being very deep. Star Conflict might have the most depth of any game ever but if the core gameplay is not fun it does not matter. Few games find the balance between good gameplay (e.g. Dragons Dogma) and depth (e.g. Eve Online) and Star Citizen is shaping up to be incredibly deep and incredibly boring

this combat is more fun than star citizens

www.youtube.com/watch?v=03_aTbgXTn8

And there's a difference between having an informed opinion and not.

So when people like you don't actually back up what you say, what are the rest of us to think? Give actual examples of why you think the gameplay isn't fun. Slow, boring, and empty with regards to what? Nothing that I've played, except for the solo flight mode, has been empty. Multiplayer combat in AC has been anything but slow and boring.

Very little going on at once, slow flight doesn't give an actual sense of speed, small scale conflicts, tedious shooting....... empty environments, annoying sounds.....

just because you like it doesn't make it objective, how about you tell me, besides graphics, what makes the core gameplay stand out above its competitors in terms of fun

Avatar image for MBirdy88
#65 Edited by MBirdy88 (12230 posts) -

@rabakill said:

@airshocker said:

@rabakill said:

It's called an opinion if someone doesn't like it.

My favorite genre hands down is space games and I am having trouble getting excited because what I've seen of gameplay hasn't looked fun at all. It looks slow, boring, empty. A game like star conflict has much better actual combat despite not being very deep. Star Conflict might have the most depth of any game ever but if the core gameplay is not fun it does not matter. Few games find the balance between good gameplay (e.g. Dragons Dogma) and depth (e.g. Eve Online) and Star Citizen is shaping up to be incredibly deep and incredibly boring

this combat is more fun than star citizens

www.youtube.com/watch?v=03_aTbgXTn8

And there's a difference between having an informed opinion and not.

So when people like you don't actually back up what you say, what are the rest of us to think? Give actual examples of why you think the gameplay isn't fun. Slow, boring, and empty with regards to what? Nothing that I've played, except for the solo flight mode, has been empty. Multiplayer combat in AC has been anything but slow and boring.

Very little going on at once, slow flight doesn't give an actual sense of speed, small scale conflicts, tedious shooting....... empty environments, annoying sounds.....

just because you like it doesn't make it objective, how about you tell me, besides graphics, what makes the core gameplay stand out above its competitors in terms of fun

see ? the ignorance again... Star Citizen will have 200+ ships in one zone... all you see now is alpha flight testing.

And clearly... by the racing footage shown, the Star Citizen Ships move a hell of a lot faster than star conflicts.... which is just a little star fox deathmatch/ctf game.... ugh it was a tedious grind fest.... with appaling space combat.

Avatar image for airshocker
#66 Posted by airshocker (31700 posts) -

@rabakill said:

@airshocker said:

@rabakill said:

It's called an opinion if someone doesn't like it.

My favorite genre hands down is space games and I am having trouble getting excited because what I've seen of gameplay hasn't looked fun at all. It looks slow, boring, empty. A game like star conflict has much better actual combat despite not being very deep. Star Conflict might have the most depth of any game ever but if the core gameplay is not fun it does not matter. Few games find the balance between good gameplay (e.g. Dragons Dogma) and depth (e.g. Eve Online) and Star Citizen is shaping up to be incredibly deep and incredibly boring

this combat is more fun than star citizens

www.youtube.com/watch?v=03_aTbgXTn8

And there's a difference between having an informed opinion and not.

So when people like you don't actually back up what you say, what are the rest of us to think? Give actual examples of why you think the gameplay isn't fun. Slow, boring, and empty with regards to what? Nothing that I've played, except for the solo flight mode, has been empty. Multiplayer combat in AC has been anything but slow and boring.

Very little going on at once, slow flight doesn't give an actual sense of speed, small scale conflicts, tedious shooting....... empty environments, annoying sounds.....

"Very little going on at once," what? Multiple ships going head to head isn't enough for you? "Tedious shooting," what is tedious about it? "Empty environments," It's space...of course parts of it are going to be empty. It would have to be to facilitate ship vs ship combat in an arena(where there are places you can and can't go). I don't think you've actually played Arena Commander, though. If you had you'd realize there are actually a lot of objects and debris in the current maps.

The rest of what you mentioned is subjective.

Avatar image for miiiiv
#67 Edited by miiiiv (900 posts) -

It looks mind blowing at times but how come that there are so many jaggies at 17:05-17:50? There it looks like the game is rendered at a fairly low resolution with no aa at all.

Avatar image for airshocker
#68 Posted by airshocker (31700 posts) -

@rabakill: I think what you appreciate is simplified gameplay, which is what Star Conflict represents. Star Conflict isn't a space sim. It's really just a third-person shooter.

Star Citizen is a space sim. It's meant to simulate dogfighting. You can't make comparisons of the games because they're different types of games.

Now I'm not criticizing what you like, but to make criticisms of Star Citizen solely because it's more advanced than Star Conflict is disingenuous.

Avatar image for airshocker
#69 Posted by airshocker (31700 posts) -

@miiiiv said:

It looks mind blowing at times but how come that there are so many jaggies at 17:05-17:50? There it looks like the game is rendered at a fairly low resolution with no aa at all.

Was probably an issue with how they captured that footage. It doesn't look nearly that bad when I load up my hangar. Although the deluxe hangar(what they showed) is pretty ugly to begin with.

Avatar image for edwardecl
#70 Posted by edwardecl (2240 posts) -

The game looks quite good, the only thing that bothers me is the system requirements. To me it looks like they are not going to bother optimising the game for a set of hardware and it's going to run like shit on mid rage systems,

I hope I'm wrong.

Avatar image for TheFadeForever
#71 Edited by TheFadeForever (2653 posts) -

Now we have to wait for PAX Australia for FPS combat

Avatar image for rabakill
#72 Edited by rabakill (884 posts) -

@MBirdy88: you should look up the word ignorance because you don't know what it means.

A real space sim wouldn't be at the speed of sound

The game does not look fun from what I've seen. The apologists can throw their rhetoric around but I'll wait until it looks fun before investing

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
#73 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -
@TheFadeForever said:

Now we have to wait for PAX Australia for FPS combat

i'm looking forward to that.

Avatar image for airshocker
#74 Posted by airshocker (31700 posts) -

@rabakill said:

you should look up the word ignorance because you don't know what it means.

A real space sim wouldn't be at the speed of sound

The game does not look fun from what I've seen. The apologists can throw their rhetoric around but I'll wait until it looks fun before investing

Aside from some subjective viewpoints(which don't really make any sense if you think Star Conflict looks good), you haven't shown what doesn't make it fun.

Avatar image for lawlessx
#75 Edited by lawlessx (48753 posts) -

@rabakill said:

@MBirdy88: you should look up the word ignorance because you don't know what it means.

A real space sim wouldn't be at the speed of sound

The game does not look fun from what I've seen. The apologists can throw their rhetoric around but I'll wait until it looks fun before investing

your comment was pretty ignorant considering it was based on alpha gameplay taken place on a empty testing map. saying that there's very little going on shows just how little you understand the game and what its end goal is.

Avatar image for Cloud_imperium
#76 Edited by Cloud_imperium (14353 posts) -

@rabakill said:

It's called an opinion if someone doesn't like it.

My favorite genre hands down is space games and I am having trouble getting excited because what I've seen of gameplay hasn't looked fun at all. It looks slow, boring, empty. A game like star conflict has much better actual combat despite not being very deep. Star Conflict might have the most depth of any game ever but if the core gameplay is not fun it does not matter. Few games find the balance between good gameplay (e.g. Dragons Dogma) and depth (e.g. Eve Online) and Star Citizen is shaping up to be incredibly deep and incredibly boring

this combat is more fun than star citizens

We just saw first release of pre alpha build of the game . It is currently version 0.8 . After two weeks , they are about to update it to version 0.9 . That alone brings tons of improvements and new features . They are even going to increase ships' speed (Plus new sound effects) . Did you even watch the video .?

This is just a pre alpha build to test the game . Final game will have 50+ Space Ships in same instance fighting one another . Campaign is still one year away from release . You know games aren't made in 1 day . They start somewhere and build rest of the game on it .

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
#77 Posted by deactivated-57ad0e5285d73 (21398 posts) -

This looks like shit. Nothing like other pics that have been posted. Looks to be running on Mass Effect Engine.

Avatar image for lawlessx
#78 Posted by lawlessx (48753 posts) -

@Heirren said:

This looks like shit. Nothing like other pics that have been posted. Looks to be running on Mass Effect Engine.

yup..the mass effect engine..thats exactly what its called

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
#79 Edited by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -
@lawlessx said:

@Heirren said:

This looks like shit. Nothing like other pics that have been posted. Looks to be running on Mass Effect Engine.

yup..the mass effect engine..thats exactly what its called

its funny because mass effect engine games are usually my favourite games on the citadel

Avatar image for Evo_nine
#80 Posted by Evo_nine (2219 posts) -

This is my dream game ive been waiting for.....along with mass effect 4.

Tough choice between this and bloodborne lol

Avatar image for lawlessx
#81 Posted by lawlessx (48753 posts) -

A note from the chairmen:

At $53 million, we would like to look ahead to Star Citizen’s launch. One thing we’re doing today is drilling down how a lot of our post-launch systems will work: deciding how we discourage bad behavior within the confines of the Star Citizen universe, while at the same time letting players have as much fun and freedom as possible. What we’d like to experiment with on launch is the “Independent Arbitrator’s Guild,” a staffed position for taking care of certain player disputes without leaving our world. The stretch goal will earmark money to maintain this as a position at Cloud Imperium! Here’s the in-universe background:

  • INDEPENDENT ARBITRATOR’S GUILD – Have you been wronged by your superiors? Has the member of your organization entrusted with watching the funds, been watching them go into their own pocket? Think you don’t have any recourse? You’re wrong. Fully licensed and bonded to work within the UEE and beyond, the Independent Arbitrator’s Guild allows citizens (and civilians, we don’t discriminate!) to file complaints against (or within) private organizations. Petition cases with our IAG representatives to have your voice heard and restitutions made. Is your business less than legitimate? IAG is only here to judge the matters you want us to. Confidentiality is guaranteed.

I like were this is going