STALKER complete 2009, Mods Strike Back, PC>All (56k find a new home)

• 148 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 Juggernaut140
Member since 2007 • 36011 Posts
[QUOTE="Toriko42"]No matter how good it looks, Gears of War 2 and Killzone 2 are AAA What is this game?

A really hard yet rewarding, SUPER atmospheric FPS :?
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#102 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
[QUOTE="Juggernaut140"][QUOTE="Toriko42"]No matter how good it looks, Gears of War 2 and Killzone 2 are AAA What is this game?

Irrelevant to system wars It's a A-AA series.
devious742

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103 devious742
Member since 2003 • 3924 Posts

Any of you SW bros wanna walk me through this installation? I'm almost certain I did everything right though ;__; Juggernaut140

go here for help.. step by step help on how to install

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26854487

AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts
[QUOTE="Toriko42"][QUOTE="Juggernaut140"][QUOTE="Toriko42"]No matter how good it looks, Gears of War 2 and Killzone 2 are AAA What is this game?

Cept, when you take a step back and stop being a mindless sheep, it's one of the greatest and most unique shooters this gen.
Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Juggernaut140
[QUOTE="Toriko42"][QUOTE="Juggernaut140"][QUOTE="Toriko42"] Irrelevant to system wars It's a A-AA series.

And it's still infinitely better than Gears and Killzone :|

[QUOTE="Juggernaut140"]Any of you SW bros wanna walk me through this installation? I'm almost certain I did everything right though ;__; devious742

go here for help.. step by step help on how to install

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26854487

It's the same as the steps on the website. Thanks anyways though. Maybe I'll ask around that thread.
General_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 General_X
Member since 2003 • 9137 Posts
Thank you for this, I bought this game for $5 from steam and felt that the original graphics were too dated for me to be able to get into it. Now I shall have another go at it.
wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts

Looks more impressive than any console game.

anshul89

Agreed but better than every console game I would have argue.

Kicker_of_Cans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Kicker_of_Cans
Member since 2009 • 444 Posts

I'm impressed, finally a PC gaming thread thats not about crysis.

PSdual_wielder
There have been many PC threads here about several different games/mods. The problem is that you just turn a blind eye to them. Hell wouldn't the PC & MAC games be flooded with Crysis threads if that was the case?
bachilders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#109 bachilders
Member since 2005 • 1430 Posts

Reviews should be guidlines only, this game is far better than most of my 9.5 rated games, games like COD4 cannot hold a candle to STALKER, this is coming from a guy who has spent at least 5x more time in cod4 multiplayer, but STALKER is truly a fantastic game, sure it has problems, but most of my favorite games have pretty significant problems when I think of it, I can see through it and enjoy the game even though it is sometimes annoying

DAZZER7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#110 DAZZER7
Member since 2004 • 2422 Posts

The reason the Stalker games got such low scores from their reviews is simply because of some bugs that were in the launch versions of the game. With these mods and the subsequent patches that have been released since, these games no longer have the bugs. Without doubt, the games are worthy of a much higher score.

However, consolites will cling on to the original score GS gave the games, stick their fingers in their ears and repeat the given score. Thats is fine for me however, the stalker games can remain those hidden-gem type games that not everyone knows about lol.

eadwinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#111 eadwinn
Member since 2008 • 158 Posts

If Stalker came out in the condition it is today, it would've most definitely been an AAA, because the improvements made by mods/patches are simply HUGE.

BoloTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 BoloTheGreat
Member since 2008 • 3483 Posts
[QUOTE="Toriko42"][QUOTE="Juggernaut140"][QUOTE="Toriko42"]No matter how good it looks, Gears of War 2 and Killzone 2 are AAA What is this game?

No it's a agme that managed 8.5 despite being broken at launch.
BoloTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 BoloTheGreat

This thread has inspired me to finally install and play Stalker. The game looks magnificent, completely oozing atmosphere at every turn. Seriously, these screens don't do the mod justice.

KrazyKenKutarag
Look at the vids, they really do show some light on how good this game looks when you are playing it. Yeah you are right it looks even better than those screens :cry:
BoloTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 BoloTheGreat

The reason the Stalker games got such low scores from their reviews is simply because of some bugs that were in the launch versions of the game. With these mods and the subsequent patches that have been released since, these games no longer have the bugs. Without doubt, the games are worthy of a much higher score.

However, consolites will cling on to the original score GS gave the games, stick their fingers in their ears and repeat the given score. Thats is fine for me however, the stalker games can remain those hidden-gem type games that not everyone knows about lol.

DAZZER7
Why do people still make the "LOL STALKER NOT AAA SERIES!!!1!!!" Argument? It scored 8.5 here, despite being broken as hell on launch, it's not the same game any more everything has been improved. Mass Effect, Uncharted and TP all scored under AAA we can do this kind of thing all day, the truth remains that STALKER is one of the few games to move the FPS world forward in the last 5 years.
Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Juggernaut140
[QUOTE="DAZZER7"]

BoloTheGreat
STALKER is one of the few games to move the FPS world forward in the last 5 years.

Agreed 100%
MADVLAD123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#116 MADVLAD123
Member since 2005 • 6053 Posts

STALKER's great and all, but it runs like crap on Vista. I don't know why. I have a PC that can run it on max, but everytime I play it, after about 10 minutes of gameplay it tends to slow down in framerate and just becomes unbearable to play. So I've only had the pleasure of playing it on medium or low. It sucks I know.

Bumzur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Bumzur
Member since 2009 • 560 Posts
Thank you for this, I bought this game for $5 from steam and felt that the original graphics were too dated for me to be able to get into it. Now I shall have another go at it.General_X
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#118 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

The Stalker hate in here is disturbing. Who cares about reviews still? Honestly??? I dont agree with 85% of reviews i see these days.

Stalker is one of the best singleplayer FPS ever, period. The atmosphere, graphics, level design and gameplay are great.

Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Juggernaut140
[QUOTE="General_X"]Thank you for this, I bought this game for $5 from steam and felt that the original graphics were too dated for me to be able to get into it. Now I shall have another go at it.Bumzur

Unless you have a piece of **** computer, this game looks awesome even without mods.
General_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 General_X
[QUOTE="Bumzur"][QUOTE="General_X"]Thank you for this, I bought this game for $5 from steam and felt that the original graphics were too dated for me to be able to get into it. Now I shall have another go at it.Juggernaut140

Unless you have a piece of **** computer, this game looks awesome even without mods.

Well it didn't help that I had just beaten Crysis, plus the steep initial learning curve and cheapness of some enemies really hurt my initial experience. But now that I've logged in over 13 hours I would say that it is becoming quite an experience. I only have 2 complaints: 1. How many friggen bullets does it take to kill a friggen dog, seriously I die from enemy fire quicker than these things, and watch out if they are in a pack. 2. The dead aim of enemies and the near ESP when I'm around them is pretty crazy. I remember one part when I was coming from the underground into a military complex as soon as the game was finished loading I was spotted shot and killed before I could take 3 steps. Reload that part and repeat 5 times and I got a little frustrated. Luckily I finally managed to make it to some cover and quick save just to have to fight off the rest of the base from my cover.
Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Juggernaut140
[QUOTE="General_X"][QUOTE="Juggernaut140"][QUOTE="Bumzur"]

Well it didn't help that I had just beaten Crysis, plus the steep initial learning curve and cheapness of some enemies really hurt my initial experience. But now that I've logged in over 13 hours I would say that it is becoming quite an experience. I only have 2 complaints: 1. How many friggen bullets does it take to kill a friggen dog, seriously I die from enemy fire quicker than these things, and watch out if they are in a pack. 2. The dead aim of enemies and the near ESP when I'm around them is pretty crazy. I remember one part when I was coming from the underground into a military complex as soon as the game was finished loading I was spotted shot and killed before I could take 3 steps. Reload that part and repeat 5 times and I got a little frustrated. Luckily I finally managed to make it to some cover and quick save just to have to fight off the rest of the base from my cover.

Carry around a shotgun. Even a double barrel will do. It's pretty much a one hit kill on dogs. Try using anti personnel rounds too.
General_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 General_X
[QUOTE="Juggernaut140"][QUOTE="General_X"][QUOTE="Juggernaut140"][QUOTE="Juggernaut140"][QUOTE="General_X"][QUOTE="Juggernaut140"] Unless you have a piece of **** computer, this game looks awesome even without mods.

Carry around a shotgun. Even a double barrel will do. It's pretty much a one hit kill on dogs. Try using anti personnel rounds too.

Right now my only shotgun is the double barrel and it takes both shots just to kill one dog, then there are 4-5 others eating off my face while I'm reloading. Sadly I haven't found any Anti-P rounds yet either. Bassically right now if a group of dogs decides to attack me I'm screwed, especially if there are a couple of those beefier ones in the mix.
Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Juggernaut140
Have you found an AK or any variants yet?
Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Juggernaut140
Is there a separate place I can download the patch for the mod from? I can't open the one I download from the mod's site.
General_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 General_X
Have you found an AK or any variants yet? Juggernaut140
Just an unique AK with faster firing speed. Also if you want I could upload the patch for you.
Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Juggernaut140
[QUOTE="Juggernaut140"]Have you found an AK or any variants yet? General_X
Just an unique AK with faster firing speed. Also if you want I could upload the patch for you.

Dude, that would be amazing :o
General_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 General_X
[QUOTE="General_X"][QUOTE="Juggernaut140"]Have you found an AK or any variants yet? Juggernaut140

Well its taking awhile to upload so I will post it in the morning, gettin pretty late here.
Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Juggernaut140
[QUOTE="Juggernaut140"][QUOTE="General_X"]Just an unique AK with faster firing speed. Also if you want I could upload the patch for you.General_X

Well its taking awhile to upload so I will post it in the morning, gettin pretty late here.

That's cool. Thanks again man :D
Bumzur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Bumzur
Member since 2009 • 560 Posts

If anyone wants a clear-cut example of PC's superior graphics, play CoD4 for the Xbox 360, and then play it for the PC. It's as if going from Mario 64 to Crysis.

EDIT: Sorry if irrelevent, but honestly for the first time I just went back and forth between CoD4 for the 360 to the PC version my friend gave me and wow - my head is spinning.

General_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 General_X
[QUOTE="Juggernaut140"][QUOTE="General_X"][QUOTE="Juggernaut140"] Dude, that would be amazing :o

That's cool. Thanks again man :D

Alright here you go: http://depositfiles.com/files/819dc9ijw
Nokanhav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Nokanhav
Member since 2009 • 520 Posts

PC>All

Fact.

Nokanhav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Nokanhav
Member since 2009 • 520 Posts

Killzone 2 looks better.

:P

Aljosa23

A high budget 2009 PS3 exclusive game looks better than a 2007 game?

NO WAI!!!!!!!!!

AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 AAllxxjjnn
So, when did gamers become such *****es?
KGB32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 KGB32
Member since 2007 • 4279 Posts
i can't wait to get this game for my new pc
BoloTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 BoloTheGreat
So, when did gamers become such *****es?AAllxxjjnn
Hu? waht does this have to do with this?
AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 AAllxxjjnn
[QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"]So, when did gamers become such *****es?BoloTheGreat

The whining about Stalker's difficulty i encounter every time someone brings the game up.
Gamersince81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Gamersince81
Member since 2007 • 1787 Posts

Haha, i bought Clear Sky yesterday. See guys, follow the story correct. Buy the prequal FIRST then playthe Shadow of Chernobyl. So this game is suppose to hard huh? Your talking a guy that has 100% in Super Stardust HD. Stalker will be like playing Super Mario Bros with cheats!! I can't wait to play this series.

BoloTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 BoloTheGreat

Haha, i bought Clear Sky yesterday. See guys, follow the story correct. Buy the prequal FIRST then playthe Shadow of Chernobyl. So this game is suppose to hard huh? Your talking a guy that has 100% in Super Stardust HD. Stalker will be like playing Super Mario Bros with cheats!! I can't wait to play this series.

Gamersince81
do it on hardest :twisted: then come begging to me for saved games :P
Brainkiller05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Brainkiller05
Member since 2005 • 28954 Posts
the graphics are incredible.
Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Juggernaut140
[QUOTE="BoloTheGreat"][QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"]So, when did gamers become such *****es?AAllxxjjnn

The whining about Stalker's difficulty i encounter every time someone brings the game up.

It usually turns into "I PLAY GAMES FOR FUN NOT TO BE FRUSTRATED" which is super annoying :?
dk_2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 dk_2007
Member since 2007 • 680 Posts

[QUOTE="Juggernaut140"][QUOTE="Toriko42"]No matter how good it looks, Gears of War 2 and Killzone 2 are AAA What is this game?Toriko42

In my opinion it is AAAA.

Now, if a reviewer,(After bugs got solved) still gives it A-AA then it doesnt tell much about the game, but it will tell much about the reviewer itself!

Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Juggernaut140

[QUOTE="Toriko42"][QUOTE="Juggernaut140"] A really hard yet rewarding, SUPER atmospheric FPS :? dk_2007

In my opinion it is AAAA.

Now, if a reviewer,(After bugs got solved) still gives it A-AA then it doesnt tell much about the game, but it will tell much about the reviewer itself!

STALKER is probably my favorite game of all time :D
Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Juggernaut140
Still doesn't work, even with the patch :(:(:( Maybe I'll try buying a Steam copy
Avatar image for organic_machine
organic_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 organic_machine
Member since 2004 • 10141 Posts

Still doesn't work, even with the patch :(:(:( Maybe I'll try buying a Steam copy Juggernaut140
Apparently, with some mods, for retail copy, you have to go in and change some values in certain files to get it to work. The Steam version does not require this, or so I've seen. OL worked flawlessly for me first time.

Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Juggernaut140

[QUOTE="Juggernaut140"]Still doesn't work, even with the patch :(:(:( Maybe I'll try buying a Steam copy organic_machine

Apparently, with some mods, for retail copy, you have to go in and change some values in certain files to get it to work. The Steam version does not require this, or so I've seen. OL worked flawlessly for me first time.

Already changed the files though :cry:
AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 AAllxxjjnn
[QUOTE="Juggernaut140"][QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"][QUOTE="BoloTheGreat"] Hu? waht does this have to do with this?

It usually turns into "I PLAY GAMES FOR FUN NOT TO BE FRUSTRATED" which is super annoying :?

I didn't find it "frustrating" exactly, I found it challenging. The shooting just took a little getting used to. At the beginning of Shadow of Chernobyl, when those Military guys were trying to make me pay to get by them, I killed one of them, grabbed his AK74 and ran. After doing so, i climbed to the top of the mill and proceeded to snipe all of with only 30 rounds of AK74 ammo. I didn't have scope either, i just had to take time with my shots. Contra was more "frustrating" than STALKER.
Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Juggernaut140
[QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"][QUOTE="Juggernaut140"][QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"] The whining about Stalker's difficulty i encounter every time someone brings the game up.

I didn't find it "frustrating" exactly, I found it challenging. The shooting just took a little getting used to. At the beginning of Shadow of Chernobyl, when those Military guys were trying to make me pay to get by them, I killed one of them, grabbed his AK74 and ran. After doing so, i climbed to the top of the mill and proceeded to snipe all of with only 30 rounds of AK74 ammo. I didn't have scope either, i just had to take time with my shots. Contra was more "frustrating" than STALKER.

I wasn't saying that STALKER was frustrating btw
AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 AAllxxjjnn

[QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"][QUOTE="Juggernaut140"] It usually turns into "I PLAY GAMES FOR FUN NOT TO BE FRUSTRATED" which is super annoying :? Juggernaut140

I wasn't saying that STALKER was frustrating btw

Yeh, i know. I saw the quotes. :P