Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By SheevPalpamemes
Member since 2020 • 2192 Posts

https://www.ign.com/videos/stalker-2-official-in-engine-gameplay-teaser

Not bad for a game that is based on fiction. It’ll probably run like a dream on ps5.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61466 Posts
Loading Video...

Vid for those wanting to see.

Nothing really exciting.

Avatar image for sheevpalpamemes
SheevPalpamemes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SheevPalpamemes

@lundy86_4: imagine what it would look like when it runs on ps5.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@sheevpalpamemes: You want sloppy seconds, or is that thirds because its on Xbox/PC before it will ever see the light of day on the less powerful console 🤣🤣🤣

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61466 Posts

@sheevpalpamemes said:

Eh...

SheevPalpamemes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SheevPalpamemes

@i_p_daily: ps5 is better than pcs.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11053 Posts

@sheevpalpamemes said:

It's a timed exclusive. All the studios Phil Spencer bought still aren't producing games fast enough, so they still have to do the timed exclusive thing

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56017 Posts

@sheevpalpamemes said:

@i_p_daily: ps5 is better than pcs.

🤔🤨

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58824 Posts

This will be Fear 2.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@sheevpalpamemes: Sloppy thirds though, eew.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#11 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24894 Posts

Atmosphere my goodness.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup: But it should be Prey 2017.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 uninspiredcup  Online

@ghosts4ever: Trying to be optimistic my freind, but can't help but feel it has a colossal fuckup opportunity incoming.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup: Its not a mainstream game. It would go in the vein of Prey and Deus Ex HR as worthy sucessor than fear 2 and crysis 2. Immersive sims tend to not disappointing.

The atmosphere they show is they nailed it.

The age of FEAR 2 and Crysis 2 is over. they are 12 year old games. we passed those.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ghosts4ever

Beside the atmosphere is very Metro

If its Stalker with Metro graphics and atmosphere. We are in treat.

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts

It looks nice, but it gives me the impression of a linear game with more scripted elements (e.g. like Metro). I hope they stay true to the series roots because I'd hate for this to become a Metro clone.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Ghosts4ever

@PernicioEnigma said:

It looks nice, but it gives me the impression of a linear game with more scripted elements (e.g. like Metro). I hope they stay true to the series roots because I'd hate for this to become a Metro clone.

Nothing wrong with Metro.

Its STALKER with Metro atmosphere. full of win.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38639 Posts

The trailer was bad, but i am sure the game will be great.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 uninspiredcup  Online

@PernicioEnigma said:

Yes. What I was thinking. Adopting trends that will have a detrimental effect leading to a confused game that forsakes what made it such a rough gem in the first.

Even tone.

Like, almost every fucking FPS we play, regardless of how great, are like an Americanized Hollywood movie with scripted sequences, professional voice actors, elaborate pitch perfect art designs, epic music scores and what not.

Trying very, very hard with shit tons of money thrown at it.

Stalkers mundane ordinariness in a foreign land punctuated by the extraordinary gave a weight to the immersion few games actually have.

Could easily see them trying to ape all the other shit and not doing a very good job.

-

But who knows. Game could be big mastepeez.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup said:
@PernicioEnigma said:

Yes. What I was thinking. Adopting trends that will have a detrimental effect leading to a confused game that forsakes what made it such a rough gem in the first.

Even tone.

Like, almost every fucking FPS we play, regardless of how great, are like an Americanized Hollywood movie with scripted sequences, professional voice actors, elaborate pitch perfect art designs, epic music scores and what not.

Trying very, very hard with shit tons of money thrown at it.

Stalkers mundane ordinariness in a foreign land punctuated by the extraordinary gave a weight to the immersion few games actually have.

Could easily see them trying to ape all the other shit and not doing a very good job.

-

But who knows. Game could be big mastepeez.

thats every third person games today.

Metro is scripted version of STALKER. but if its unscripted version of Metro. then this will be masterpiece.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17655 Posts

@PernicioEnigma said:

Agree.

I'm getting scripted vibes also. Scripted elements will be the death knell of this game as it's the antithesis of what STALKER is. What makes it so great was an interplay of systems coming together to create a living, dynamic, emergent world that didn't give a shit about the player and that was never the same twice.....not giving us experiences through cinematics and scripted scenes, but just letting the world exist and evolve through its mechanics and systems.

This is why I can't get into Metro. STALKER needs to remain a game, and it needs to retain a core of absolute indifference and apathy to the presence of the player, not cater to them. I hope they don't feel the need so badly to enforce atmosphere that they'll go down the path of infusing cinematics into gameplay. If this happens, all my interest in this evaporates instantly.

I hope GSC remembers what makes this series what it is and why it has such a strong following; I have to say this trailer, short as it is, concerns me.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@MirkoS77 said:
@PernicioEnigma said:

Agree.

I'm getting scripted vibes also. Scripted elements will be the death knell of this game as it's the antithesis of what STALKER is. What makes it so great was an interplay of systems coming together to create a living, dynamic, emergent world that was never the same twice.....not giving us experiences through cinematics and scripted scenes, but just letting the world evolve through its mechanics.

This is why I can't get into Metro. STALKER needs to remain a game. I hope they don't feel the need so badly to enforce atmosphere that they'll go down the path of infusing cinematics into gameplay. If this happens, all my interest in this evaporates instantly.

I hope GSC remembers what makes this series what it is and why it has such a strong following; I have to say this trailer, short as it is, concerns me.

They show barely anything. its just in engine teaser and not gameplay unless you call taking our PDA animation is scripted which is not it. its 2021 and should feel like evolution.

Also Metro is excellent series. yet my friend you praise last of us a sony movie game which is full of scripted events.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

cows will be outside the restaurant begging for scraps as xbox/pc gamers feast on stalker 2....then they get the 3rd place version...bit like vultures on a carcass

HaH

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52423 Posts

Campfire was missing the guys chilling, listening to acoustic guitar player, easing the mood.

I knew this sequel was a bad idea.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46171 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

@ghosts4ever: Trying to be optimistic my freind, but can't help but feel it has a colossal fuckup opportunity incoming.

True, the last Cossacks game they made wasn't all that hot either.

And I have to wonder who is developing this, as most of the STALKER devs moved on to 4A games.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Ghosts4ever

The debut S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 trailer was all about the atmosphere. And now, here comes the first-person look at the Zone.

That's how the game actually feels: fast-paced change of scenery, ominous landscapes and the ever-present feeling of an inevitable danger accompanied by a barely-distinguishable guitar soundtrack.

You’re seeing this world with the eyes of a stalker named Skif — remember the codename, you will hear it a lot. Following the steps of its predecessors, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 introduces a completely new main protagonist. His actions will shape the new grand chapter in the history of the Zone.

Its going to have new protagonist. my boy Strelok is gone.

thankfully protagonist is still sole male character and no customize or selectable BS. still shame strelok gone.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By MirkoS77

@ghosts4ever: My love for TLOU’s formula is not a blanket advocation towards its design philosophy. I admire and respect all design approaches for what they are, what they do, and their strengths and weaknesses. If TLOU went the way of STALKER’s design, I’d be griping all the same because it’s not what the franchise is. In the end I prefer STALKER’s philosophy above all others, but that doesn’t mean I don’t appreciate all the others.

And I don’t mind small scripts in games (taking out the PDA, showing an animal attack animation ala RDR2, etc), what I object to, in STALKER’s case, is having little set pieces interspersed throughout the world that take you by the hand and play out the same way each time (think R*’s mission design).

I know it’s only in engine and not gameplay, it’s just their approach to demonstrating the world feels very cinematically influenced. I haven’t made up my mind yet, but I am a tad skeptical. Many developers make the mistake of believing the only way to instill atmosphere is to create specific scenarios and push the player into them. I’m hoping that’s not the case here, but I’m not convinced.

And no, the Metro franchise is merely a bit above average, and nowhere near the tier of STALKER.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Ghosts4ever

@MirkoS77 said:

@ghosts4ever: My love for TLOU’s formula is not a blanket advocation towards its design philosophy. I admire and respect all design approaches for what they are, what they do, and their strengths and weaknesses. If TLOU went the way of STALKER’s design, I’d be griping all the same because it’s not what the franchise is. In the end I prefer STALKER’s philosophy above all others, but that doesn’t mean I don’t appreciate all the others.

And I don’t mind small scripts in games (taking out the PDA, showing an animal attack animation ala RDR2, etc), what I object to, in STALKER’s case, is having little set pieces interspersed throughout the world that take you by the hand and play out the same way each time (think R*’s mission design).

I know it’s only in engine and not gameplay, it’s just their approach to demonstrating the world feels very cinematically influenced. I haven’t made up my mind yet, but I am a tad skeptical. Many developers make the mistake of believing the only way to instill atmosphere is to create specific scenarios and push the player into them. I’m hoping that’s not the case here, but I’m not convinced.

And no, the Metro franchise is merely a bit above average, and nowhere near the tier of STALKER.

Its kinda hypocricy praising movie game and then worried about those elements in other games.

Animation of open door and taking out PDA is good. it made it more realistic and thus immersive. there is nothing cinematic here since they only show the world and not a single gameplay footage.

Metro series have incredible amount of depth and exploration bar scripted sequence. infact Metro 2033 was closest thing to linear STALKER that time.

Metro Exodus is modern day STALKER with cinematic scripted sequence but outside of that there is depth to the world of Metro. gameplay as always challenging in Metro.

There is only good if it take inspiration from Metro.

I always wanted STALKER with Metro atmosphere, voice acting, graphics and if this is what it is, we are in treat.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@sheevpalpamemes said:

https://www.ign.com/videos/stalker-2-official-in-engine-gameplay-teaser

Not bad for a game that is based on fiction. It’ll probably run like a dream on ps5.

After CP2077 i'll pass. Gonna play the real version on PC.

Avatar image for heavymetalman77
heavymetalman77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 heavymetalman77
Member since 2019 • 109 Posts

@sheevpalpamemes: Xbox exclusive . Can't believe i said that lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

Excited for the game but shit trailer.

SheevPalpamemes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SheevPalpamemes

@heavymetalman77: it’ll be on pc as well, so not an exclusive.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10413 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

Metro Exodus is modern day STALKER with cinematic scripted sequence but outside of that there is depth to the world of Metro. gameplay as always challenging in Metro.

I always wanted STALKER with Metro atmosphere, voice acting, graphics and if this is what it is, we are in treat.

although a big step in the right direction, the exploration and depth in exodus is a bit of a facade, a bit like the gaming equivalent of the truman show. from a distance it might look believable but look closer and poke at it a bit and it comes falling down.

sure you can go and wander around, it's not just a short linear path from point a to point b anymore, but most places of any size or significance - and there's never an abundance of them as you move from area to area - are part of the main quest and if you haven't progressed it far enough you'll likely find them inaccessible. the terminal, the big factory type thing in the volga level, is a good example of this. all locked up tight and no way in initially, but when you reach a point in the main quest where miller tells you to find a way to get the train carriage moving you'll find the building's shutters magically pulled up and all ready to explore.

in the same vein of immersion breaking i remember stumbling upon a group of non hostile religious zealots sat around a campfire. after a brief chat i passed them and suddenly was set upon by a large group of mutants who gave chase. running back towards the campfire the mutants and zealots met and i was expecting some sort of ruckus to break out between the two, but bizarrely neither party reacted to the other. the zealots carried on mumbling religious babble and thanking me for not raising my weapon at them whilst the mutants just stopped giving chase, forgot about me and all started bumbling awkwardly around the campfire. not quite the living, dynamic world you'd hope for.

those things were pretty typical from my experience with exodus. it still retained degrees of metro's scripted formula, they were just better concealed by the smoke and mirrors of a larger game area. it's still far preferable to me than the puddle deep on rails style of previous metro games but there were too many immersion breakers for it to be described as having real open world depth or rewarding exploration

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#34 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

I really hope they don't mess this one up, Stalker SOC is one of my all time favourite games.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Ghosts4ever

@pelvist said:

I really hope they don't mess this one up, Stalker SOC is one of my all time favourite games.

All I see,

STALKER SOC is Deus Ex 1 ie unsurpassable. STALKER 2 will be Deus Ex HR ie great successor and masterpiece but not as good as original.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8758 Posts

Trailer sucked. Still looking forward to it though.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

@sheevpalpamemes: You want sloppy seconds, or is that thirds because its on Xbox/PC before it will ever see the light of day on the less powerful console 🤣🤣🤣

Are you trying to say the XBSES owners doesn't deserve to play this game, because xbses is weaker then the XB1X? it's not their fault that MS made a mistake of releasing a console that can't even compete against the nintendo switch.

SheevPalpamemes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SheevPalpamemes

@zaryia: enjoy your viruses and excel documents.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By MirkoS77

@ghosts4ever said:

Its kinda hypocricy praising movie game and then worried about those elements in other games.

Animation of open door and taking out PDA is good. it made it more realistic and thus immersive. there is nothing cinematic here since they only show the world and not a single gameplay footage.

Metro series have incredible amount of depth and exploration bar scripted sequence. infact Metro 2033 was closest thing to linear STALKER that time.

How does praising a game make me beholden to its design philosophy and a hypocrite if I don't demand that design be abided in all others, or criticize it where it doesn't belong? Yes I adore TLoU as I do STALKER, just like I like rap music as I do classical. Just because I also like classical doesn't mean I'm a hypocrite in praising rap, even if I'd make the argument that I believe classical to be an objectively superior form of music.

The Metro franchise is nowhere near a modern day STALKER in any way past superficial, it is in fact a regression. If you removed its cinematic elements, the game would be an extremely shallow shell with nothing to stand on. STALKER 2 should take every effort NOTto take inspiration from the Metro franchise for they fundamentally have very different philosophies of design approach, and even though Exodus attempted to step outside of the linear driven structure of its forebears, you could very much feel that DNA in every step precluding the potential of the game's structure. Even in terms of atmosphere, I find the original STALKER vastly superior. Not due to presentation, but because it's a world that exists wholly indifferent to the player that operates without concern for them. That infused the game with a feeling of tension, unpredictability, and apathy that made it, and still makes it, an experience like no other.

So no, stay far, FAR away from Metro's formula. It doesn't even begin to approach what GSC accomplished many years ago, and should be the last thing they are looking at. What they should be looking at is their own game, because for as buggy as STALKER was on release, they absolutely nailed it where it mattered, and the potential that the modding community has realized it to exemplifies as much.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#40 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34553 Posts

Well. That trailer made me worried.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Ghosts4ever

@MirkoS77 said:
@ghosts4ever said:

How does praising a game make me beholden to its design philosophy and a hypocrite if I don't demand that design be abided in all others, or criticize it where it doesn't belong? Yes I adore TLoU as I do STALKER, just like I like rap music as I do classical. Just because I also like classical doesn't mean I'm a hypocrite in praising rap, even if I'd make the argument that I believe classical to be an objectively superior form of music.

The Metro franchise is nowhere near a modern day STALKER in any way past superficial, it is in fact a regression. If you removed its cinematic elements, the game would be an extremely shallow shell with nothing to stand on. STALKER 2 should take every effort NOTto take inspiration from the Metro franchise for they fundamentally have very different philosophies of design approach, and even though Exodus attempted to step outside of the linear driven structure of its forebears, you could very much feel that DNA in every step precluding the potential of the game's structure. Even in terms of atmosphere, I find the original STALKER vastly superior. Not due to presentation, but because it's a world that exists wholly indifferent to the player that operates without concern for them. That infused the game with a feeling of tension, unpredictability, and apathy that made it, and still makes it, an experience like no other.

So no, stay far, FAR away from Metro's formula. It doesn't even begin to approach what GSC accomplished many years ago, and should be the last thing they are looking at. What they should be looking at is their own game, because for as buggy as STALKER was on release, they absolutely nailed it where it mattered, and the potential that the modding community has realized it to exemplifies as much.

By Metro inspiration. I mean Metro atmosphere which they should taken, the Metro graphics, the Metro animations. but what they should not taken is Metro cinematic approach.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@daredevils2k said:
@i_p_daily said:

Are you trying to say the XBSES owners doesn't deserve to play this game, because xbses is weaker then the XB1X? it's not their fault that MS made a mistake of releasing a console that can't even compete against the nintendo switch.

You could just buy a Series X, or better yet play it on your imaginary PC lol.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#43 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

I've never played stalker but I've heard so many great things about it.

I hope it can uphold to that standard of greatness. CP2077 has made me a bit jaded.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 MirkoS77

@ghosts4ever: yeah, can’t say I’m a big fan of Metro’s chosen aesthetic either. It far too cartoony and colorful to suit STALKER. I find the graphical style GSC is showing in the trailers to be perfect.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46171 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:

@ghosts4ever: yeah, can’t say I’m a big fan of Metro’s chosen aesthetic either. It far too cartoony and colorful to suit STALKER. I find the graphical style GSC is showing in the trailers to be perfect.

To me the Metro games look dreary and bleak, not colorful or cartoony.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@R4gn4r0k: Exactly. Lol Metro cartoony.

Metro done dark and gritty atmosphere better than Stalker. I still remember rain in last light and I was blown away by that.

Its a positive thing if it take inspiration from Metro.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 MirkoS77

@ghosts4ever said:

@R4gn4r0k: Exactly. Lol Metro cartoony.

Metro done dark and gritty atmosphere better than Stalker. I still remember rain in last light and I was blown away by that.

Its a positive thing if it take inspiration from Metro.

Christ, have you people even seen these games?

Metro:

STALKER 2:

No, comparatively, STALKER takes a steaming dump all over Metro in terms of a dark, bleak, foreboding atmosphere. Granted those pics are from trailers, but they are using in-game assets, and the dev said this is the aesthetic and level of visuals they are targeting.

**** Metro, stay far away from that garish, cartoonish trash. For crying out loud, the weapon rendering looks like nerf guns from Toys 'R Us.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@daredevils2k said:
@i_p_daily said:

You could just buy a Series X, or better yet play it on your imaginary PC lol.

well there you have it, I_P feels that the weakest console ever built (XBSES) shouldn't be allowed to play this game.

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@MirkoS77 said:
@PernicioEnigma said:

Agree.

I'm getting scripted vibes also. Scripted elements will be the death knell of this game as it's the antithesis of what STALKER is. What makes it so great was an interplay of systems coming together to create a living, dynamic, emergent world that was never the same twice.....not giving us experiences through cinematics and scripted scenes, but just letting the world evolve through its mechanics.

This is why I can't get into Metro. STALKER needs to remain a game. I hope they don't feel the need so badly to enforce atmosphere that they'll go down the path of infusing cinematics into gameplay. If this happens, all my interest in this evaporates instantly.

They show barely anything. its just in engine teaser and not gameplay unless you call taking our PDA animation is scripted which is not it. its 2021 and should feel like evolution.

Also Metro is excellent series. yet my friend you praise last of us a sony movie game which is full of scripted events.

You're right, but it's not like we're writing the game off, I'm hopeful it will be a good Stalker game.

I'm not even saying scripted games are bad, and whilst I don't personally like the Metro games, I can appreciate they are well crafted experiences and I get why people enjoy them. I'm just concerned the developers of Stalker 2 see the success of the Metro series and try to emulate its game design, which goes against the nature of what made the original Stalker games so great.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Ghosts4ever

@PernicioEnigma said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@MirkoS77 said:
@PernicioEnigma said:

Agree.

You're right, but it's not like we're writing the game off, I'm hopeful it will be a good Stalker game.

I'm not even saying scripted games are bad, and whilst I don't personally like the Metro games, I can appreciate they are well crafted experiences and I get why people enjoy them. I'm just concerned the developers of Stalker 2 see the success of the Metro series and try to emulate its game design, which goes against the nature of what made the original Stalker games so great.

You people forgot that STALKER has rich modding community and STALKER 2 still have mod support. within first week there will be MOD that make it play like STALKER 1. then slowly there will mods that may remove cinematic sequence if they add one although they didnot confirmed yet.