SquareEnix's CRINGESPOKEN has reached Tier 1 of having the cringiest dialogue ever heard in a video game.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 38670 Posts

In the very first trailer when i heard her speak, and she said "FREAKING", i knew it would only go down hill from there, but WOW! we are at a level unheard in a video game. Not only is her dialogue 🤮🤮🤮 but her voice acting is completely disconnected with what's happening on screen. Have been saying this for a while, but it feels to me that Square Enix is nothing else but Japanese Ubisoft these days. No wonder both companies are so horny for NFT's.

Enjoy the cringe or cover your eyes and ears cuz it hurts.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

This game will flop hard.

PCLover1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 PCLover1980
Member since 2022 • 1244 Posts

The gen-z dialogue is so cringe in that trailer

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56024 Posts

Forspoken gameplay looks really fun cause hey, I'm a sucker for spellcasters but they literally seem to just highlight her constant chatter. I love the MCU but this game seems like MCU level of quips/dialogue but on steroids that gives Dr. Strange a run for his money. If she does that in the game then its a design issue with the game. If she is more reserved in the actual game then whoever is doing the trailers is hurting the game and on Twitter.

I'll still give this game an honest play so yep, day one on PC.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 dimebag667  Online
Member since 2003 • 3043 Posts

It's our stupid culture. Everything is in service of the delusion, instead of making something that's actually cool.

It's like cooking a delicious steak, and then dipping it in a used gas station toilet.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44098 Posts

Still think the game looks like it could be pretty good and fun myself. The overuse of the word “cringe” is actually quite, well, cringe. 😅

Avatar image for deactivated-631373f44e9fd
deactivated-631373f44e9fd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-631373f44e9fd
Member since 2004 • 549 Posts

So a clean gas station toilet would be an improvement

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4360 Posts

lets attack everything before it comes out now. is a thing....

st_monica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 st_monica
Member since 2020 • 1454 Posts

Marvel dialogue lol.

That said, the main character played by Ella Balinska to me still looks appealing, the game itself looks gorgeous, and the fast-paced action with magic looks like a lot of fun, so I'm looking forward to it.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

Not a fan of the art style, dialogue, or what I know of the narrative. But the gameplay looks great for the most part, hopefully you can skip cutscenes.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 hardwenzen  Online

@fedor said:

Not a fan of the art style, dialogue, or what I know of the narrative. But the gameplay looks great for the most part, hopefully you can skip cutscenes.

You will be able to skip cutscenes, but you won't be able to skip her talking to that bracelet that she is wearing, and you can bet your ass there's gonna be a load of shitty dialogue between the two. Muting the game will be the only choice.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16534 Posts

@hardwenzen: nothing wrong with it. Great trailer, though it does seem a bit off energy wise. The only issue is they hired some white girl to play a black character that has dialogue written by a Japanese. It's not that bad though, it still works.

They should have hired a black voice actress.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 hardwenzen  Online

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

@hardwenzen: nothing wrong with it. Great trailer, though it does seem a bit off energy wise. The only issue is they hired some white girl to play a black character that has dialogue written by a Japanese. It's not that bad though, it still works.

The ****? She is black. The acress in the game is the one that's playing her, Mr DSL. Her voice is annoying as shit, and her dialogue is even worse. Its a mess, and i wish this was an MS exclusive.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#15 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69353 Posts

If you enjoy JRPGs, there is no room to complain about cringe.

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 2249 Posts

@Pedro: I mean you are not wrong! I love Jrpg, but the dialogue sure can be cringy at times! Playing yakuza like a dragon atm, great freaking game, but damn that dialogue can be hard to listen to at times, specially in the beginning when the main character is supposed to be subservient to his boss!

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44537 Posts

Not a great trailer but I don't get all the sensational meme kind of attention this trailer has garnered for ridicule either. Still, amusing because this game looked "meh" at every point it was shown off in past, and horrible framerates to boot, and people would still be like "oh I can't wait for it", seemingly for no other reason than it being a Sony console exclusive. So, amusing to me in sense that just the quality of being a Sony exclusive no longer provides a game special protections and considerations.

On the upside for Sony fans wanting Sony to buy Square Enix, not like I think Sony would be so dumb, but if Square Enix keeps putting out these flops surely the acquisition price would be less.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Pedro

@lamprey263: I don't get it myself. I just saw the trailer that triggered this nonsense and I don't get it. 🤷‍♂️ Anyway, the video linked to this trailer which sold me on the game.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11053 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3383 Posts

The game itself looks fine. Doesn't seem like something I would play but since I'm more than 12 years old I can deal with something not being made specifically form me. Why is this meme worth?

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7244 Posts

@lamprey263: Yeah, the hate boner people have for this game is absurd. Cringey dialoge written by old dudes trying too hard to be funny and appeal to kids? Yep, thats sounds like a totally new thing I have never seen in a video game before.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8469 Posts

LOL no. Not even close to dialogue in Kojima's games. I'm not into JRPGs but pretty sure all of those have cringe and downright bad dialogues/writing.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DaVillain  Moderator

@lamprey263: @Pedro: @judaspete: I can't speak for the rest of SW users, but I for one am looking forward to playing this game myself and the trailer's dialogue didn't really bother me much as SE was trying to make the character stand out cool and it sure wasn't because of Gen Z or whatever, I'm a Gen X and stuff like this doesn't bother me much but I find it so funny there's a hate boner on Forspoken all because it's a SE game.

Still, I'll give SE some credit for using the Luminous Engine instead of UE4 and not many games focus on purely 'magic' stuff so hopefully, Forspoken lives up to my expectations.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DaVillain  Moderator

@hardwenzen: If you're interested, It's a Gundam also discussed on Forspoken CRINGESPOKEN: (It's from December 2021 but still relevant today)

Loading Video...

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 hardwenzen  Online

@davillain said:

@hardwenzen: If you're interested, It's a Gundam also discussed on Forspoken CRINGESPOKEN: (It's from December 2021 but still relevant today)

Loading Video...

Look at this game being bombarded by everyone because its a generic open world game with incredibly shitty writing, and the likes of Polygon/Kotaku will be pumping articles that begin with "Gamers are mad at Forspoken because the lead character if of color" or "White gamers have been down voting Meta Critic score of Forspoken because...". Expect my prediction to be 100000% accurate.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Pedro

@pc_rocks said:

LOL no. Not even close to dialogue in Kojima's games. I'm not into JRPGs but pretty sure all of those have cringe and downright bad dialogues/writing.

Yep! So, it must be something else that is driving the hate. I wonder what it could be?🤷‍♂️

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7244 Posts

@davillain: That's what has my interest, there really aren't a lot of games so focused on magic. Hope it turns out well.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#28  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Thought of this after I saw the trailer just the way she delivers the lines.

Loading Video...

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Pedro

@davillain: For the last 7 years I have heard more from the complainers of certain content being "forced" than the people who they claim forced the content. Prior to that, when the same complainers were up in arms about gamers wanting certain content, they hid under the banner of "developers should be free to developer the games they want". Now, the new trend is to fixate on some article, comment by some nobody and declare it as the voice of any specific group. Then we have folks like the one in the vid you provide believing that they are the corrective voice because they belong to a specific group. 🙄 I am not sure what to say for the level of obsession these anti-woke, anti-SJW, anti-diversity with almost everything that doesn't fit into their unspecified criteria to which they falsely believe their blessing is required. They have been the loudest group, and have blown insignificant non issues into issues for years. But, the other side(folks who are not them) are the extreme ones.😐

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8469 Posts

@Pedro said:
@pc_rocks said:

Yep! So, it must be something else that is driving the hate. I wonder what it could be?🤷‍♂️

I mean I understand the hate. The design directly hinders the players view. I have a hard time following what's happening. Then the atrocious frame rate with bland open world. To top it all 80 euro price tag. Lastly, it's Sh*tEnix so it's guaranteed to be crap.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#31  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34558 Posts
@judaspete said:

@lamprey263: Yeah, the hate boner people have for this game is absurd. Cringey dialoge written by old dudes trying too hard to be funny and appeal to kids? Yep, thats sounds like a totally new thing I have never seen in a video game before.

I don't really get it either. Just some regular cringe being cringy. I guess some things just snowball for no reason on the interwebs..

Other than that, the game itself looks like a regular boring action adventure game with somewhat neat visuals. Something we've got way too much of lately. I think it's good that the game gets hate, since I don't want any more games like it personally. I'd rather have people hating on it than having people buying it and spawning more of it.

@Pedro said:

100% true. Forspoken cringe is weaksauce in comparison.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22626 Posts

I love new ip... I want new games to be successful ... We don't need another halo or uncharted game, we need new adventures and diverse gameplay.

That said, everything I've seen about Forspoken has underwhelmed me... Maybe I'll be proven wrong about my hunch, but "cringe" dialog is only one aspect of what I see off about this game.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#33 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9530 Posts

Looks like perhaps another bargain bin game. They seem to be racking up as of late. I am interested in the game, but probably not $60-$70 interested. The way it sounds/looks it will only be a month or two before we see heavy discounts anyways. Things could change though, I have seen enough to think perhaps something is there, but I hate cringe dialogue in games. Even though I love some good dad humor some things just don't mesh well in games and the over the top fakeish dialogue is a real turnoff.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45055 Posts

I don’t mind cringy dialogue if it makes sense with what we’re seeing, but it just seems out of place here.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46182 Posts

Give us Gordon Freeman mode where she doesn't say a word throughout the entire game.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#36 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58830 Posts

@Juub1990 said:

This game will flop hard.

No doubt.

£64.99 on Steam as well, that's gonna help.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7125 Posts

@Pedro said:

yup I don't think these people grew up in the 80's or 90's lol.

red alert for turbographics cd was tier 1 lol

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6846 Posts

Wow, you're upset she said freaking? Yeesh.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 hardwenzen  Online

The game is getting rolled. Even GS is spreading the FREAKING toxicity