Splinter cell vs Hitman. Which stealth series you prefer?

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

Poll Splinter cell vs Hitman. Which stealth series you prefer? (20 votes)

Splinter cell 65%
Hitman 35%

Hello friends,

No Caption Provided

These 2 are best stealth franchise yet difference than each other. which one do you prefer?

I used to prefer Splinter cell. it was perfect franchise when it was released first, and then splinter cell chaos theory released and it was perfect game anyone could get. stealth simulator hiding in shadow and sneaking behind enemies. it also put all of MGS games to shame. then double agent released the downfall started and then conviction and blacklist killed the series. splinter cell series never really recovered.

Hitman on other hand started bad with codename 47. it was great idea terribly executed. but with sequels like silent assassins and contracts, it improved heavily alot and by the time blood money released. series become masterpiece. although just like splinter cell. it was ruined and getting dumbed down with absolution which become third person action game with mark and execute and see through walls. back in 7th gen it was norm to dumbed down every game.

but unlike splinter cell, Hitman series recovered soon when Hitman 2016 released and it was like Blood money and bring many features like map, save at anytime, sandbox map design, back. and feel proper hitman that also spawn a sequel and third game in final trilogy coming soon.

Hitman series survived when it got dumbed down, sadly Splinter cell couldnot as a result in this day and age i choose Hitman.

so friends what do you prefer? lets discuss

• 
uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58950 Posts

I consider Hitman more of a "thriller" than a tradional stealth game, not really so much about hiding as it is seeing what bullshit you can pull off.

Apples and oranges.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#2 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

I voted Deus Ex.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a
deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#3 deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a
Member since 2020 • 1426 Posts

I prefer Metal Gear Solid series.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45101 Posts

@magnum3000 said:

Yea I agree. Splinter Cell was not bad, but it's no Metal Gear. And Hitman I find to be boring.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58304 Posts

Hitman. Franchise has remained true to its roots while improving upon an already-excellent formula.

The recent games are some of the best stealth games ever made, after Thief 2 and Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.

Splinter Cell 1-3 will always have a special place in my heart, but the franchise has fallen so far, and the last installment (Blacklist) is one of the worst games I have played in addition to the worst Splinter Cell game. Which is saying a lot because Double Agent and Conviction were also fairly bad.

@uninspiredcup said:

I consider Hitman more of a "thriller" than a tradional stealth game, not really so much about hiding as it is seeing what bullshit you can pull off.

Apples and oranges.

It's stealth, it's just more "hide in plain sight" stealth instead of "lurk in the shadows" stealth.

Spy vs burglar. Con man vs robber. All use deceit, distraction, and hiding...just to different ends.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24921 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:
@magnum3000 said:

Yea I agree. Splinter Cell was not bad, but it's no Metal Gear. And Hitman I find to be boring.

MGS is action game franchise.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By uninspiredcup

@mrbojangles25 said:

Hitman. Franchise has remained true to its roots while improving upon an already-excellent formula.

The recent games are some of the best stealth games ever made, after Thief 2 and Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.

Splinter Cell 1-3 will always have a special place in my heart, but the franchise has fallen so far, and the last installment (Blacklist) is one of the worst games I have played in addition to the worst Splinter Cell game. Which is saying a lot because Double Agent and Conviction were also fairly bad.

@uninspiredcup said:

Apples and oranges.

It's stealth, it's just more "hide in plain sight" stealth instead of "lurk in the shadows" stealth.

Spy vs burglar. Con man vs robber. All use deceit, distraction, and hiding...just to different ends.

I guess. But in most games I've happily walked around the environments, the main pull of the gameplay is figuring out how to murder someone and getting away with it.

Which it why I tend to use the term more "thriller", as a good portion of the gameplay is scouting with built up for the crescendo.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Apples and oranges.

I guess. But in most games I've happily walked around the environments, the main pull of the gameplay is figuring out how to murder someone and getting away with it.

Which it why I tend to use the term more "thriller", as a good portion of the gameplay is scouting with built up for the crescendo.

Atleast Hitman is not ruined after absolution.

Splinter cell ruined after double agent/conviction and blacklist turn out worst splinter cell game as explain above by mrbo.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SolidGame_basic  Online

@ghosts4ever said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@magnum3000 said:

It's Tactical Espionage Action

me2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 me2002
Member since 2002 • 3058 Posts

Metal Gear Solid is better than both.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Ghosts4ever

@SolidGame_basic said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@magnum3000 said:

still not stealth.

otherwise we can say tomb raider as stealth game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a

@ghosts4ever said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@magnum3000 said:

still not stealth.

Comparing Apples to Oranges

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SolidGame_basic  Online

@ghosts4ever said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@magnum3000 said:

still not stealth.

Uh.. have you played Metal Gear Solid series? There is lots of stealth.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Ghosts4ever

@SolidGame_basic said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

still not stealth.

I liked MGS1 alot. there are stealth but it has boss fights and too much of action.

stuff like splinter cell require if you go action, it punish you. all you have to do is hiding behind enemies, hiding in shadows. thats what i call stealth.

MGS is action game with stealth elements.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By uninspiredcup

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Apples and oranges.

Atleast Hitman is not ruined after absolution.

Splinter cell ruined after double agent/conviction and blacklist turn out worst splinter cell game as explain above by mrbo.

My freind, kinda going off topic here from your incredible thread, but I think if you haven't, it may be worth watching The Jackal, very much Hitman the movie where Bruce Willis dyes his hair, and other remarkable disguises for killing people, in one case while munching Chinese.

Loading Video...

More Hitman than those two Hitman movies.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44162 Posts

The Metal Gear Solid franchise gets my vote.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a

@SolidGame_basic said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

still not stealth.

I doubt Ghost played any MGS games ever lol

AhReQueNoMori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 AhReQueNoMori
Member since 2020 • 937 Posts

@ghosts4ever: No.

Even the people that make/made Splinter Cell games recognized Snake as the other "big stealth" dude in an in-game reference.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

Hitman, given the amusing variations in completing missions.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Ghosts4ever

@ahrequenomori said:

@ghosts4ever: No.

Even the people that make/made Splinter Cell games recognized Snake as the other "big stealth" dude in an in-game reference.

Splinter cell was inspired by Thief. not MGS.

MGS market as tactical action espinoge.

its market as stealth game when its an action game.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Apples and oranges.

Yeah. Hitman is very much a puzzle stealth game.

It teaches you the tools and you apply them in some order to achieve an objective.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

MGS > Splinter Cell > Hitman

AhReQueNoMori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23  Edited By AhReQueNoMori
Member since 2020 • 937 Posts

@ghosts4ever said: Splinter cell was inspired by Thief. not MGS.

That's... not what I said. Can you read? MGS is a stealth game, and it's recognized as such by everyone, even the SC devs.

MGS has always been a stealth game at its core, with action set-pieces here and there. Actually it's the stealth game that had the most impact not only in gaming, but overall. There are countless memes about people being stealthy with the MGS theme playing in the background.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10436 Posts

i didn't like hitman 2016, think blood money is a bit overrated and quite enjoyed absolution

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mrbojangles25

@uninspiredcup: That was a good movie.

I liked Jack Black's role hahha

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Ghosts4ever

Surprised to see Splinter cell wins in this day and age when series no longer exist..

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#27 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

Blood Money and Chaos Theory are so f*cking good. F*CK!

Thats so hard. Probably small lean towards Splinter Cell for more quality franchise entries. But Blood Money is so tight. God DAMN

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By uninspiredcup

Yea, the movies took his annoyingness and ramped it to 11, you knew what was going to happen and wanted it to happen, but when it happens suddenly goes from "haha" to "Jesus fucking Christ!".

@mrbojangles25 said:

@uninspiredcup: That was a good movie.

I liked Jack Black's role hahha

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#29 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

I have more fun when I play Splinter Cell, so going to have to go with that one.

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 rzxv04
Member since 2018 • 2578 Posts

Has this thread been purged or was there a similar topic? I remember more posts. Maybe I'm thinking of the "stealth in every game" thread.

Probably splinter cell. I liked conviction but can barely remember specifics.

After rewatching some of the Splinter vids, it makes me think a lot of the recent ones (double agent and latter) are proto stealth incorporated in many games nowadays, without or less light element.

my_user_name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#31 my_user_name
Member since 2019 • 1237 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Apples and oranges.

I'm legitimately curious how somebody can think Conviction is a better Splinter Cell game then Blacklist. Blacklist had the same mechanics with alot more options.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By mrbojangles25

@my_user_name: I know, I'm in the minority. But I just prefer Conviction to both Blacklist and Double Agent.

Long rant, sorry:

For starters, Conviction ran well. Double Agent and Blacklist both ran like crap....probably from their DRM, no doubt. I literally played Blacklist less than a month ago and they have this film grain effect, except instead of moving with your view, it stays stuck....it's like you have a mesh on the surface of your monitor that is getting in the way of playing the game.

Double Agent's gameplay was "meh". I don't think it was terrible, but when you have Sam Fisher stealthing. On a brightly colored cruise ship. While wearing black. IN THE DAYTIME! something is just fundamentally flawed with your game.

Blacklist had all kinds of problems with the gameplay. For starters, it was borderline impossible to stay in cover while moving. You have to move forward to get to cover. But if you were moving forward while pressing the cover button, you'd vault over the cover. Super-awesome to be all crouched and stealthy and sneaking by people then all of a sudden you jump over the cement divider like "HEY GUYS! WHAT"S UP!?".

I hated the hub levels of both, I hated the borderline-forced online aspect of all three games; I mean WTF they actually took away from your options in Blacklist if you didn't have a buddy to play with. WTF? I be sneaking around and see a door and it's like "Oh sorry bro you can't go in here bc you didn't bring a friend".

The whole franchise went to pure shit in the span of three games. Conviction was like, I Don't know, a small little blip of goodness in the sea of crap that is those three games.

People defend Blacklist and hey fair enough, but I just don't see it. They keep adding and adding and adding stuff to these games but Splinter Cell was near-perfect for the first three games, I Just don't see any need to change things up in that case. I'm not against innovation when it's needed, iut just wasn't needed.

If they copy-pasted the same gameplay from SC: Chaos Theory except used a sweet new game engine and new levels and new story, I'd be as happy as a clam.

I want to like Blacklist, but it just kept stopping me from doing so.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By uninspiredcup

@mrbojangles25: Xbox Double Agent is almost as good as Chaos Theory. Same developer, same design - 1 so-so prison level.

It has JBA stuff, but it's nowhere near as obnoxious or bad as the next-gen version. Basically amounts to pacifist missions.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup said:

@mrbojangles25: Xbox Double Agent is almost as good as Chaos Theory. Same developer, same, design 1 so-so prison level.

It has JBA stuff, but it's nowhere near as obnoxious or bad as the next-gen version. Basically amounts to pacifist missions.

Ubisoft has also done exact same thing with Ghost recon back in days.

GRAW PC was different than GRAW next gen console but luckily PC GRAW was better as it was tactical FPS as opposed to console GRAW which was gears of recon.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 uninspiredcup

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

@mrbojangles25: Xbox Double Agent is almost as good as Chaos Theory. Same developer, same, design 1 so-so prison level.

GRAW PC was different than GRAW next gen console but luckily PC GRAW was better as it was tactical FPS as opposed to console GRAW which was gears of recon.

Yea, GRAW PC is actually pretty great.

I mean, the concept itself isn't new, like at all. Sonic The Hedgehog 1/2 on Master System are completely different games from the Genesis.

In general, it's great, instead of an inferior version of the same game, you get a completely new game to play. And as proven with Double Agent, the superior tech doesn't automatically equate to a superior game.

my_user_name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#36  Edited By my_user_name
Member since 2019 • 1237 Posts

@mrbojangles25:

I'd certainly be cool with seeing a Chaos Theory 2 or something. In addition to gameplay, that game just has this IT factor that no other game in the series does. The songs on the radio, Sam's dialogue with Grimm, his interogation of people in the level. All great

However one issue that I have with the older games is that they're unrealistically dark. In real life ... a room with even a single light source it's very difficult to to get anywhere close to the shadow cover you see in those games. It hurts the believability for me - which is pretty important in stealth games.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 mrbojangles25

@my_user_name: Yeah I imagine they had to take some creative liberties with shadows in a stealth game, but I agree.

Especially with all the fancy lighting and shadow technology games have now, I think it's never been more appropriate for another Splinter Cell or Thief game.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 mrbojangles25
@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

That tactical map in GRAW PC was crucial, I had a lot of fun with that game. Giving my teammates orders and then executing them perfectly. It was a nice addition to PC.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Ghosts4ever

@mrbojangles25 said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

That tactical map in GRAW PC was crucial, I had a lot of fun with that game. Giving my teammates orders and then executing them perfectly. It was a nice addition to PC.

PC GRAW was real GRAW. sadly it was overlooked in a favor of console GRAW that was gears of war game.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#40 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11272 Posts

Both of them are garbage.

Metal Gear is the only good stealth series. Even the worst Metal Gear is better than the best Splinter Cell.

The Last of Us 2's stealth, even though it is not really a dedicated stealth game, is still superior to anything from Hitman or SC.