Spider-Man is proof people care about exclusives just because they are exclusives

Avatar image for deactivated-5b8284346a788
deactivated-5b8284346a788

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#251 deactivated-5b8284346a788
Member since 2018 • 295 Posts

@Juub1990 said:
@sheephats said:

Can you name a better Spidy game then? Because if you can't, then your "Been there, done that" narrative is meaningless.

This could potentially be the best superhero game to date, so the hype is deserved. No offense but it looks like you're just throwing punches at this game because it's exclusive to Sony.

This game isn't going to be shit to Arkham Asylum/City. Be serious.

Dude, it's a generic open-world game with Spider-Man slapped on the cover. We've seen this before except now it has Spider-Man and it suddenly becomes the most anticipated game of the year. There is NOTHING this game is doing that we haven't seen damn near everyone who did an open-world do before.

Eeeh, you're right that this is likely not topping the Arkham games and the Sony drones love praising their exclusives to all heavens but I dunno, the last great Spidy game was on the PS2, so this could be huge for Spider-Man fans.

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#252  Edited By tgob89
Member since 2017 • 2153 Posts

@Juub1990 said:
@sheephats said:

Can you name a better Spidy game then? Because if you can't, then your "Been there, done that" narrative is meaningless.

This could potentially be the best superhero game to date, so the hype is deserved. No offense but it looks like you're just throwing punches at this game because it's exclusive to Sony.

Dude, it's a generic open-world game with Spider-Man slapped on the cover. We've seen this before except now it has Spider-Man and it suddenly becomes the most anticipated game of the year. There is NOTHING this game is doing that we haven't seen damn near everyone who did an open-world do before.

So...that's the failed argument now?

Ok, I'll bite...what did The Witcher 3 do that hadn't been seen in damn near every open world game do before?

Just an example, but a good one since TW3 appears to be the most praised and loved open world game this gen.

So, according to YOU a game has be doing something NEW or ORIGINAL in order for it t be hyped? lol I await your response.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#253  Edited By Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts
@tgob89 said:

Ok, I'll bite...what did The Witcher 3 do that hadn't been seen in damn near every open world game do before?

Just an example, but a good one since TW3 appears to be the most praised and loved open world game this gen.

So, according to YOU a game has be doing something NEW or ORIGINAL in order for it t be hyped? lol I await your response.

How is this moving the goal post when it's literally in the OP? Go fucking read it.

The Witcher 3 got that level of hype following The Witcher 2, you know, a game that scored 88 on Metacritic. CD Projekt Red's second game. And the level of hype was nowhere near that of Spider-Man either. If this was Spider-Man 2 following Spider-Man that scored 85+, I would have never made that thread.

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#254  Edited By tgob89

@Juub1990 said:
@tgob89 said:

How is this moving the goal post when it's literally in the OP? Go fucking read it.

The Witcher 3 got that level of hype following The Witcher 2, you know, a game that scored 88 on Metacritic. CD Projekt Red's second game. And the level of hype was nowhere near that of Spider-Man either. If this was Spider-Man 2 following Spider-Man that scored 85+, I would have never made that thread.

So...nothing original, GOT IT!

Also to destroy your damage control attempt, LMAO, What did The Witcher 2 do that was New or Original that hadn't been done in other action RPGs before?

FYI:

Project CD Red devs admitted to trying to copy the Demon's Souls formula when creating TW2.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@tgob89 said:
@Juub1990 said:
@sheephats said:

Failed arguement and goal post move?

He essentially just used his the original post of this thread. Whats with Sony fans having lower IQs.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256 Juub1990
@tgob89 said:

So...nothing original

Also to destroy your damage control attempt, LMAO, What did The Witcher 2 do that was New or Original that hadn't been done in other action RPGs before?

It scored 88 on Metacritic. Its storytelling and writing were some of the best in the business. It's an irrelevant question anyway because Witcher 2's score and moderate success are what gave hype to The Witcher 3. People didn't hype up The Witcher 3 because it was some sort of revolution, they hyped it up based on the quality of its predecessor. Something that Spider-Man hasn't got.

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257  Edited By tgob89

@Juub1990 said:
@tgob89 said:

So...nothing original

It scored 88 on Metacritic. Its storytelling and writing were some of the best in the business. It's an irrelevant question anyway because Witcher 2's score and moderate success are what gave hype to The Witcher 3. People didn't hype up The Witcher 3 because it was some sort of revolution, they hyped it up based on the quality of its predecessor. Something that Spider-Man hasn't got.

Story telling and wriging is something that most Sony game are given credit for as well...yet you didn't give that aspect any credit why Spiderman might be hyped in any previous posts before so it holds 0 weight now.

Moreover, Storytelling and wringing is in every damn RPG in existence NOTHING NEW. The rest of your post is a bunch of excuses and BS.

I've easily proven your idiotic argument wrong, or rather proven that YOU can't even defend the stance that you tried to hold Spider-Man 2018 to.

Dude stop being a hypocritical clown. You can't even present arguments that you're able to defend that YOU made up, so stop trying to make proclamations about reasons why OTHER people are excited for any specific games.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258  Edited By Juub1990

@tgob89 said:

Story telling and wriging is something that most Sony game are given credit for as well...you you didn't give that aspect any credit in any previous posts so it holds 0 weight now.

Moreover, Storytelling and wringing is in every damn RPG in existence NOTHING NEW. The rest of your post is a bunch of excuses and BS.

I've easily proven your idiotic argument wrong, or rather proven that YOU can't even defend the stance that you tried to hold Spider-Man 2018 to.

Dude stop being a hypocritical clown. You can't even present arguments that you're able to defend that YOU made up, so stop trying to make proclamations about reasons why OTHER people are excited for any specific games.

Dude are you legit stupid? The Witcher 2 scored an 88. That is WHY The Witcher 3 was hyped.

Where is Spider-Man's predecessor that scored an 88? Nowhere in sight you fucking idiot.

The argument isn't admissible. Got that in your puny brain?

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259 tgob89

@Juub1990 said:
@tgob89 said:

Story telling and wriging is something that most Sony game are given credit for as well...you you didn't give that aspect any credit in any previous posts so it holds 0 weight now.

Dude are you legit stupid? The Witcher 2 scored an 88. That is WHY The Witcher 3 was hyped.

Where is Spider-Man's predecessor that scored an 88? Nowhere in sight you fucking idiot.

The argument isn't admissible. Got that in your puny brain?

No, YOU must be legit stupid. Scores don't determine hype dumbass and an 88 score didn't set the world on fire even for last generation.

Also Let me remind you of what you said Mr deflection...

@Juub1990 said:

Stop getting mad at me because your idiotic argument backfired and you can't defend it numbnutz.

You need to use your damn bran and defend your stance instead of crying that someone else use their imagination and pretend that your argument doesn't have to apply whey you dont want it to.

Again peanut head, while screaming the score which means NOTHING to the argument, what did TW2 do NEW or ORIGINAL?

Yeah...

just like I thought! You got nothing.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260  Edited By Juub1990

@tgob89 said:

No, YOU must be legit stupid. Scores don't determine hype dumbass and an 88 score didn't set the world on fire even for last generation.

We both know that's complete bullshit. A game that scores well and sells well will give hype to its successor. None of the bullshit you say will change that. Now run along you little troll. I've entertained you long enough. Go read a book or something. Need to educate that tiny brain of yours.

You're also confusing hype with review score you dingus.

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261  Edited By tgob89

@Juub1990 said:
@tgob89 said:

We both know that's complete bullshit. A game that scores well and sells well will give hype to its predecessor. None of the bullshit you say will change that. Now run along you little troll. I've entertained you long enough. Go read a book or something. Need to educate that tiny brain of yours.

LMAO...I see you didn't even try to address the rest of the post where I fried your ass.

You're a clown.

What happened to your originality argument? Let's just forget about that eh lol.

An 88 is a respectable but not ground breaking score. The Witcher 3's hype was through the roof and it wasn't because of the meager 88 score it had last generation it was because of the scope and ambition as an upcoming current gen title.

You need to admit your argument against Spiderman was BS because the same thing that applied to TW3's hype applies to Spiderman 2018.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#262 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

@tgob89 said:
@mojito1988 said:
@tgob89 said:

And this thread is proof that Sony exclusives make fanboys of other systems mentally unstable.

Shock, people excited for a Spider-man game that actually looks good and AAA quality not a budget shit title?

Loading Video...

No way? Must be duh fanboys.

The arguments in this thread just make other fanboys look idiotic.

I don't think it looks all that great. On the bright side, I will be busy on Ps4 Pro that week with Dragon Quest 11 ! Wahoo!!!

You don't think it looks that great cool...now try to compare it to any other spider man game made before it! In fact, you'd be hard pressed to find many games (regardless of genre) this gen that appear to be higher caliber than this.

It's not even a game I'm super excited about because I'm not really into superhero games and I hated Batman when I tried it, though I did really enjoy Infamous Second Son, the POINT is it's CLEARLY a high caliber and high quality title made with the Spider-man license given an All-STAR treatment and people recognize that.

Morons in this thread here are tying to compare it to the shitty Spiderman titles that came before it and asking why they didn't get the same treatment...it's idiotic.

FYI:

You don't have to be excited about a game to recognize it's appeal, common sense 101.

BTW:

Dragon Quest XI is also on my radar

FYI: I never said I did or did not recognize it's appeal, common sense 101.

BTW: Glad you are looking forward to Dragon Quest 11. I have been playing DQ since part 1 and always look forward to the releases :)

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263 Juub1990
@tgob89 said:

LMAO...I see you didn't even try to address the rest of the post where I fried your ass.

You're a clown.

What happened to your originality argument? Let's just forget about that eh lol.

An 88 is a respectable but not ground breaking score. The Witcher 3's hype was through the roof and it wasn't because of the meager 88 score it had last generation it was because of the scope and ambition as an upcoming title.

You need to admit your argument against Spiderman was BS because the same thing that applied to TW3's hype applies to Spiderman 2018.

Dude you're confusing hype with review score. Doing nothing original will NOT STOP a game from being good or even great but we can only find that out once the game comes out. If Spider-Man ends up scoring a 95 then it will mean it is a great game but so far NOTHING shows it's gonna be amazing because it does nothing amazingly. It doesn't mean it can't score in the 90+ range but for that we will need to play it.

All we can go for now is by footage and the footage has nothing groundbreaking or revolutionary which makes the hype questionable.

The Witcher 3 had the same problem the main difference was that its predecessor scored an 88 and people were anticipating it to be even better solely based on its predecessor. That's why it got so much hype. The Witcher 3 could have been the first in the series. It would have scored the same but the hype would have been much lower because it wouldn't have had its predecessor to give is name traction.

Clear now?

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@tubbyc said:
@i_p_daily said:
@tubbyc said:
@i_p_daily said:

@Juub1990: Nice work stirring up the herd lol.

No one cared for Spiderman when it was a multiplat, but now its a PS4 exclusive its the best thing since sliced bread.

#cowlogic

Definitely some people cared about it (just to give an example), plus an example of some people on System Wars showing some appreciation for Spider-Man games here. Maybe not as many of us cared about it because there hasn't really been a great one yet (that same game I mentioned for example).

But now that Insomniac Games, a great developer, are working on one, it has many of us here very interested, exclusive or not.

Cool a game that was released on 9 devices was number 1 in the UK at one time, and a thread from 3 years ago that go 51 responses, but you're right SOME people cared.

Since the announcement of this game being exclusively on the PS4, everyone seems to care about Spiderman now (only cows) and there has been a load of Spiderman threads this year, and will be plenty more before the game is out.

My point still stands, all of a sudden Spiderman matters only because its a PS4 exclusive.

EDIT: On closer examination of that thread I could only see 2 recognizable cows in Heil & Davillain in that thread which further proves my point that Spiderman only matters now because its only on the PS4.

Well there you go, some people cared. I just provided a couple of examples (I won't spend a long time finding every little example, it's besides the point) and already pointed out why not many of us cared before ("cows" or otherwise) and are quite interested in this one, as others have.

You really are kidding yourself if you think that there wouldn't be many people keen on this game if it was multiplat. If by "mattering" you mean that being an exclusive to the PS4 is kind of a nice asset for the PS4 in the silly System Wars game, well, of course it is. Mattering in the sense that it looks like it may be a good-great game worth getting? If you want to put it that way, yep, as I said:-

"I'm always open to the idea of a good superhero game. I liked Batman last gen but can say I prefer some other superhero characters.

Insomniac are solid developers, so I'm looking forward to what they do with the Spider-Man character and the abilities that come with that.

It's looks like it will be a good-great game and I'd be just as keen on it if it was multiplat, just like RDR2."

Like I said only 2 cows made a comment in that thread, and now just about every cow is hyping it. If it was a multiplat it wouldn't get the attention its getting now that its a PS4 exclusive, there is a cow in this very thread who says they don't care for Superhero games and yet is hyping it up just because its an exclusive.

My bad for saying no one, but i'm sure many people got what I meant, but it is SW after all, and since you didn't I referring to not many but now the majority of a fanbase does.

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265 tgob89

@Juub1990:

lol clear?

I was never confused about anything, I was addressing your hypocritical argument aimed at Spiderman to help reinforce your false narrative which I did handily debunk.

When I mentions The Witcher...being new and originality didn't matter anymore, imagine that.

No, THAT, was my point. Don't use arguments just to suit your narrative because you might get called out on it and you'll look silly if you can't defend it when referencing other games.

Originality is great when it makes the game better...and using tried and true aspects that have been used before but being used in effective and enjoyable ways can ALSO be great ALA, Horizon Zero Dawn, The Witcher 3, Dark Souls ect.

Lastly, people ALREADY like Spiderman but (like with TW3) it's the SCOPE and AMBITION of this current gen title which has people hyped, not for any other silly reason you've created for yourself.

Trust me, if the new Spiderman looked like Crackdown 3 it wouldn't be getting the same reception, anyone who can't admit that is delusional.

NOW..we clear!

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266  Edited By Juub1990

@tgob89 said:

@Juub1990:

lol clear?

I was never confused about anything, I was addressing your hypocritical argument aimed at Spiderman to help reinforce your false narrative which I did handily debunk.

When I mentions The Witcher...being new and originality didn't matter anymore, imagine that.

No, THAT, was my point. Don't use arguments just to suit your narrative because you might get called out on it and you'll look silly if you can't defend it when referencing other games.

Originality is great when it makes the game better...and using tried and true aspects that have been used before but being used in effective and enjoyable ways can ALSO be great ALA, Horizon Zero Dawn, The Witcher 3, Dark Souls ect.

Lastly, people ALREADY like Spiderman but (like with TW3) it's the SCOPE and AMBITION of this current gen title which has people hyped, not for any other silly reason you've created for yourself.

Trust me, if the new Spiderman looked like Crackdown 3 it wouldn't be getting the same reception, anyone who can't admit that is delusional.

NOW..we clear!

Go read my post because you obviously don't get it. Seems very very difficult for Sony fans to read posts in their entirety. Read the whole thing. Not just the first sentence then come back with a reply because this shit you typed isn't even worth replying to.

"Scope and Ambition". Scope is a lol answer because we have so many open-world games these days that this shit isn't even an argument any more. Ambition isn't an argument for this game either. Star Citizen is ambitious. The original Fable is ambitious. This game isn't any more ambitious than your average open-world. Hell, the Middle Earth series is more ambitious because of its Nemesis system.

Funny that you mention Crackdown 3 because is seems far larger in scope and is more ambitious than Spider-Man. Graphics just look like shit.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56039 Posts

@i_p_daily: You're trying way too hard here lol.

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268  Edited By tgob89

@Juub1990 said:
@tgob89 said:

@Juub1990:

lol clear?

NOW..we clear!

Go read my post because you obviously don't get it. Seems very very difficult for Sony fans to read posts in their entirety. Read the whole thing. Not just the first sentence then come back with a reply because this shit you typed isn't even worth replying to.

"Scope and Ambition". Scope is a lol answer because we have so many open-world games these days that this shit isn't even an argument any more. Ambition isn't an argument for this game either. Star Citizen is ambitious. The original Fable is ambitious. This game isn't any more ambitious than your average open-world. Hell, the Middle Earth series is more ambitious because of its Nemesis system.

Funny that you mention Crackdown 3 because is seems far larger in scope and is more ambitious than Spider-Man. Graphics just look like shit.

Ok, you're just an idiot

Literally no one outside of system wars would agree with the nonsense you just wrote.

FYI:

The original Fable was a short shit tier game built on a lie where NONE of what was promised actually happend which I beat in 1 freaking day to my amazement, more ambition than Spiderman 2018 you say? GTFOH

demon-returns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269 demon-returns
Member since 2007 • 1451 Posts

@Ant_17 said:

Are you off your meds? Have you seen the money the MCU does?

Which makes me puzzled that we haven't gotten a game properly made within the MCU universe yet

and by properly made - I mean made by a AAA game dev with credentials not some put together B-Dev team

The last good Marvel game we got were the Ultimate Alliance games but I guess those didn't capture the crowds because FPS were taking over everything at the time and it was a top down view game which means it was niche at best. I miss those kinda games though

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270  Edited By Juub1990

@tgob89 said:

Ok, you're just an idiot

Literally no one outside of system wars would agree with the nonsense you just wrote.

FYI:

The original Fable was a short shit tier game built on a lie where NONE of what was promised actually happend which I beat in 1 freaking day to my amazement, more ambition than Spiderman 2018? GTFOH

Fable was ambitious. It just failed to deliver on its frankly impossible promises. Is Spider-Man making lofty promises? No it isn't so no it isn't ambitious because it's not promising anything that hasn't been already achieved.

Also lol @ Fable being a shit tier game. It scored a very good 85 and has more replay value than damn near every Sony game out there. If Spider-Man scores 85 or less, I'll bump this thread and you will call it a shit-tier game. Deal?

Completing everything in Fable takes 37 hours on average. The main quest takes over 12 hours. https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=3311

Either you simply beat the main game or you have no life and spent 24hrs in a row gaming which I doubt. Regardless it isn't particularly short when all content is factored.

Run along troll.

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271  Edited By tgob89

@Juub1990 said:
@tgob89 said:

Ok, you're just an idiot

FYI:

The original Fable was a short shit tier game built on a lie where NONE of what was promised actually happend which I beat in 1 freaking day to my amazement, more ambition than Spiderman 2018? GTFOH

Fable was ambitious. It just failed to deliver on its frankly impossible promises. Is Spider-Man making lofty promises? No it isn't so no it isn't ambitious because it's not promising anything that hasn't been already achieved.

Also lol @ Fable being a shit tier game. It scored a very good 85 and has more replay value than damn near every Sony game out there.

Completing everything in Fable takes 37 hours on average. The main quest takes over 12 hours. https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=3311

Either you simply beat the main game or you have no life and spent 24hrs in a row gaming which I doubt. Regardless it isn't particularly short when all content is factored.

Run along troll.

No idiot, keep your stats, I bought and played the game day 1. Beat the game in 7 hours and I wasn't trying...I always take my time in RPGs.

This was one of the most memorable events of me owning the xbox because I had huge hype for Fable at the time.

tubbyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272 tubbyc
Member since 2005 • 4004 Posts
@i_p_daily said:
@tubbyc said:
@i_p_daily said:
@tubbyc said:
@i_p_daily said:

@Juub1990: Nice work stirring up the herd lol.

No one cared for Spiderman when it was a multiplat, but now its a PS4 exclusive its the best thing since sliced bread.

#cowlogic

Definitely some people cared about it (just to give an example), plus an example of some people on System Wars showing some appreciation for Spider-Man games here. Maybe not as many of us cared about it because there hasn't really been a great one yet (that same game I mentioned for example).

But now that Insomniac Games, a great developer, are working on one, it has many of us here very interested, exclusive or not.

Cool a game that was released on 9 devices was number 1 in the UK at one time, and a thread from 3 years ago that go 51 responses, but you're right SOME people cared.

Since the announcement of this game being exclusively on the PS4, everyone seems to care about Spiderman now (only cows) and there has been a load of Spiderman threads this year, and will be plenty more before the game is out.

My point still stands, all of a sudden Spiderman matters only because its a PS4 exclusive.

EDIT: On closer examination of that thread I could only see 2 recognizable cows in Heil & Davillain in that thread which further proves my point that Spiderman only matters now because its only on the PS4.

Well there you go, some people cared. I just provided a couple of examples (I won't spend a long time finding every little example, it's besides the point) and already pointed out why not many of us cared before ("cows" or otherwise) and are quite interested in this one, as others have.

You really are kidding yourself if you think that there wouldn't be many people keen on this game if it was multiplat. If by "mattering" you mean that being an exclusive to the PS4 is kind of a nice asset for the PS4 in the silly System Wars game, well, of course it is. Mattering in the sense that it looks like it may be a good-great game worth getting? If you want to put it that way, yep, as I said:-

"I'm always open to the idea of a good superhero game. I liked Batman last gen but can say I prefer some other superhero characters.

Insomniac are solid developers, so I'm looking forward to what they do with the Spider-Man character and the abilities that come with that.

It's looks like it will be a good-great game and I'd be just as keen on it if it was multiplat, just like RDR2."

Like I said only 2 cows made a comment in that thread, and now just about every cow is hyping it. If it was a multiplat it wouldn't get the attention its getting now that its a PS4 exclusive, there is a cow in this very thread who says they don't care for Superhero games and yet is hyping it up just because its an exclusive.

My bad for saying no one, but i'm sure many people got what I meant, but it is SW after all, and since you didn't I referring to not many but now the majority of a fanbase does.

Yeah I knew you didn't mean literally no one but just thought there was a decent level of interest in Spider-Man in the past worth pointing out, keeping in mind this forum is very low activity compared to other places, especially these days. It's hard to say what the exact level of interest would be if it was multiplat, but the developer and the way it's looking helps. Being an exclusive can generate some extra attention on a forum called System Wars, but it doesn't mean there aren't many people looking forward to the actual game for legitimate reasons stated. We can't help that it's exclusive.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273  Edited By Juub1990

@tgob89 said:

No idiot, keep your stats, I bought and played the game day 1. Beat the game in 7 hours and I wasn't trying...I always take my time in RPGs.

This was one of the most memorable events of me owning the xbox because I had huge hype for Fable at the time.

"No you idiot, you keep your objective evidence"

This shit is getting more comical by the minute. Fable takes 12h 1/12 on average to beat yet your ass did it in half the time the first time without even knowing the entire game? Are you telling me you didn't do any side content and just blazed through the game twice as quickly as the average gamer? A first timer didn't bother playing any sidequest? You had huge hype and didn't check the side content that was on offer? Bullshit ROFL.

Or are you telling me you beat the 37hrs in 7hrs? Which is it?

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#274 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@tgob89:

As a Spiderman, Tom was better and I'd probably have enjoyed him more than Toby too buuuut... Tom Holland came in too late. By the time Homecoming came along, my interest in Spiderman movies was at 15%. It's like he was born in the wrong time.

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275  Edited By tgob89

@Juub1990 said:
@tgob89 said:

"No you idiot, you keep your objective evidence"

This shit is getting more comical by the minute. Fable takes 12h 1/12 on average to beat yet your ass did it in half the time the first time without even knowing the entire game? Are you telling me you didn't do any side content and just blazed through the game twice as quickly as the average gamer? A first timer didn't bother playing any sidequest? Bullshit ROFL.

No dimwit, I didn't say any of the nonsene you just made up.

I actually tried every side mission I could find and everything I came across while playing. See, unlike you I did buy the game day 1. So your stats don't mean shit to me and neither does your attempt to question my gaming.

I love to slow burn RPGs and that's what I thought I was doing until the credits started rolling in from on me. I actually did enjoy the game but it had to be the shortest RPG I've ever played in my life.

Did you even play the game or are you just talking out of your ass?

BTW:

if you're talking about the lost chapters?

NAH I never played it that came out shortly after the original that I had just paid full price for and was buttmad it wasn't apart of the original game and refused to pay extra for what I felt should have been in the original game.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276  Edited By Juub1990

@tgob89 said:

I actually tried every side mission I could find and everything I came across while playing. See, unlike you I did buy the game day 1. So your stats don't mean shit to me and neither does your attempt to question my gaming.

I love to slow burn RPGs and that's what I thought I was doing until the credits started rolling in from on me. I actually did enjoy the game but it had to be the shortest RPG I've ever played in my life.

So my objective evidence with documented timed sessions are nonsense but your bullshit anecdotes with no proof are admissible? LOL.

"I took my time with the game"

Bullshit you did. You just skipped the entire thing and ignored the side content you liar.

Oh so you did enjoy the game? 10 minutes ago it was shit tier lol. What happened?

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277  Edited By tgob89

@Juub1990 said:
@tgob89 said:

So my objective evidence with documented timed sessions are nonsense but your bullshit anecdotes with no proof are admissible? LOL.

"I took my time with the game"

Bullshit you did. You just skipped the entire thing and ignored the side content you liar.

Oh so you did enjoy the game? 10 minutes ago it was shit tier lol. What happened?

An RPG that's less than 15hrs is a shit game period IMO even if I liked what I played.

That's my gamers superiority complex as a console gamer who had specific expectations particularly towards RPGs. I'm used to no less than 30hr RPGs on my BEST play thru. So yeah I called it shit tier because I felt robbed and hoodwinked by the "RPG" title.

If they simply labeled it an Fantasy action game I wouldn't have been as upset.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278 Juub1990

@tgob89 said:

An RPG that's less than 15hrs is a shit game period IMO.

That's my gamers superiority complex as a console gamer who had specific expectations particularly towards RPGs. I'm used to no less than 30hr RPGs on my BEST play thru. So year I called it shit teir because I felt robbed and hoodwinked by the "RPG" title.

"shit-tier game"

>Scored an 85

"bu bu but I enjoyed it"

>You said it was shit.

"shit-tier game because less than 15hrs"

"Beat in in 7hrs, I take my time"

>Shows proof game takes 12-20hrs and up to 37 hours if you want to see everything

"**** you with your objective evidence"

Holy Batman this is terrible.

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279 tgob89

@Juub1990 said:
@tgob89 said:

An RPG that's less than 15hrs is a shit game period IMO.

That's my gamers superiority complex as a console gamer who had specific expectations particularly towards RPGs. I'm used to no less than 30hr RPGs on my BEST play thru. So year I called it shit teir because I felt robbed and hoodwinked by the "RPG" title.

"shit-tier game"

>Scored an 85

"bu bu but I enjoyed it"

>You said it was shit.

"shit-tier game because less than 15hrs"

"Beat in in 7hrs, I take my time"

>Shows proof game takes 12-20hrs and up to 37 hours if you want to see everything

"**** you with your objective evidence"

Holy Batman this is terrible.

You're not too bright.

I bought and played the game day 1 >>> all the crap you tried to mash together.

Again...have YOU even played the game, I noticed you didn't answer that question.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280 Juub1990
@tgob89 said:

You're not too bright.

Again...have YOU even played the game, I noticed you didn't answer that question.

Yes I did. Beat it recently too. Only one playthrough as an evil guy. Took me 19 hours. That's after I beat the game about 10 times on the OG Xbox.

Crazy how consistent it is with the How Long to Beat huh? The site claims 20hrs for the OG Fable, I beat TLC in 19hrs. OG takes me about 16hrs if I do everything once. Twice if I do Good And Evil. Can even do neutral. Get married and a bunch of other shit. How did you do it in 7 hours your first time? Especially if you took your time?

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#281 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts
@Juub1990 said:
@tgob89 said:

You're not too bright.

Yes I did. Beat it recently too. Only one playthrough as an evil guy. Took me 19 hours. That's after I beat the game about 10 times on the OG Xbox.

Crazy how consistent it is with the How Long to Beat huh? The site claims 20hrs for the OG Fable, I beat TLC in 19hrs. OG takes me about 16hrs if I do everything once. Twice if I do Good And Evil. Can even do neutral. Get married and a bunch of other shit. How did you do it in 7 hours your first time? Especially if you took your time?

How is 2017 recent?

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#282  Edited By tgob89

@Juub1990 said:
@tgob89 said:

You're not too bright.

And I've go a question, just curious. That title says "Fable Anniversary"...so dose that automatically include "The lost chapters" in that version of Fable?

Something you also neglected to make account of is the fact that I bought the DAY 1 FABLE. The lost chapters came out after that and you had to buy it separately which I did not.

Also questions about how I got my play time?

Seriously dude that was almost 20 years ago. It's not like I was trying, I was excited for the game but the thing I do remember clearly was the credits rolling the same day I purchased the game in disbelief.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283  Edited By Juub1990

@tgob89 said:

And I've go a question, just curious. That title says "Fable Anniversary"...so dose that automatically include "The lost chapters" in that version of Fable?

Something you also neglected to make account of is the fact that I bout the DAY 1 FABLE. The lost chapters came out after that you had to buy separately.

I literally addressed that in the post you quoted. I told you not to read just the first sentence.

I beat TLC in 19hrs. OG takes me about 16hrs if I do everything once. Twice if I do Good And Evil.

Did you read the post? Seems like you did not.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284 ReCloud
Member since 2018 • 4418 Posts

@Juub1990 said:
@tgob89 said:

You're not too bright.

You're lying, the site claims 12 for OG Fable and 13 for anniversary.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#285 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@tubbyc said:
@i_p_daily said:
@tubbyc said:
@i_p_daily said:
@tubbyc said:

Yeah I knew you didn't mean literally no one but just thought there was a decent level of interest in Spider-Man in the past worth pointing out, keeping in mind this forum is very low activity compared to other places, especially these days. It's hard to say what the exact level of interest would be if it was multiplat, but the developer and the way it's looking helps. Being an exclusive can generate some extra attention on a forum called System Wars, but it doesn't mean there aren't many people looking forward to the actual game for legitimate reasons stated. We can't help that it's exclusive.

Not I know there are people who are genuinely looking forward to it, my point was that the game has blown up since it was announced as a PS4 exclusive, and the usual cows can't help themselves.

I mean there is 3 threads on the main page that mentions the game, it wouldn't be this way if it was a multiplat.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286  Edited By ReCloud

@i_p_daily: "it wouldn't be this way if it was a multiplat"

Because the Witcher 3 wasn't hyped to heavens, right?

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#287 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@recloud said:

@i_p_daily: "it wouldn't be this way if it was a multiplat"

Because the Witcher 3 wasn't hyped to heavens, right?

The guy is a clown. He can't even hide his fanboyism.

After he was owned by his own quote in his own thread are you really surprised with the shit he says?

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288  Edited By Juub1990

@recloud said:

You're lying, the site claims 12 for OG Fable and 13 for anniversary.

Main Story+Extras=20hrs. Please learn to read.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#289 ReCloud

@Juub1990: most people do main story only, still a really short game for an RPG, RPGs don't last less then 30h, not even Zelda is this short.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#290 Juub1990
@Ant_17 said:

How is 2017 recent?

1. It was 9 months ago. I consider that recent. Not you?

2. Does it even matter?

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#291  Edited By Juub1990
@recloud said:

@Juub1990: most people do main story only, still a really short game for an RPG, RPGs don't last less then 30h, not even Zelda is this short.

Not the point. He claimed he takes his time with games yet beat in in 7hrs. I know the game by heart and beat it in about 16hrs if I do everything and that's mainly because I know some shortcuts that allow me to be OP in the first 3 hours. So how exactly did a first timer who takes his time do it in 7hrs when most of us do it in 16-20hrs?

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292 ReCloud

@quadknight: not at all, IP DaiRy is one of the most Savage lemmings of the board. But I have to correct someone who makes false claims, I just can't help myself.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#293 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@davillain- said:

Sounds like someone is upset that I called them a cow :(

Go and find a year on SW that has as much Spiderman threads as this years, I bet you can't. You cows are hyping the shit out of the game.

Even though you claim to be a PC gamer, I bet this game will be your GOTY, like how HZD was your GOTY last year, if you're a hermit then i'm Kermit the Frog LOL.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#294 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

@Juub1990 said:
@Ant_17 said:

How is 2017 recent?

1. It was 9 months ago. I consider that recent. Not you?

2. Does it even matter?

1 - NO. Recent is like this month, not last year. I played RDR in March, no way that is recent.

2 - Not sure why you ask this, when you imply it in 1.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#295  Edited By Juub1990
@Ant_17 said:

1 - NO. Recent is like this month, not last year. I played RDR in March, no way that is recent.

2 - Not sure why you ask this, when you imply it in 1.

1- That's false. Recent is qualitative. Not quantitative. There isn't an objective way to define it. I consider beating a game 9 months ago recent. You do not. Anything in the past year to me is recent. I consider Horizon: Zero Dawn a recent game. It came out over a year ago.

2. No?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b8284346a788
deactivated-5b8284346a788

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#296 deactivated-5b8284346a788
Member since 2018 • 295 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@davillain- said:

Go and find a year on SW that has as much Spiderman threads as this years, I bet you can't. You cows are hyping the shit out of the game.

Even though you claim to be a PC gamer, I bet this game will be your GOTY, like how HZD was your GOTY last year, if you're a hermit then i'm Kermit the Frog LOL.

1. There are so many Spider-Man threads this year because the game is coming out soon and they showed a ton of stuff.

2. Cows are hyping cow games? So where's the problem?

3. I'm also a PC gamer but console exclusives tend to be better than most PC exclusives.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#297 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

@Juub1990 said:

@Ant_17: What has the MCU got to do with any of this?

Uhhhh... Spidey is a Marvel character... according to this the #1 most popular Marvel character https://observationdeck.kinja.com/something-i-found-marvel-character-popularity-poll-cb-1568108064 not sure I agree with it, but certainly Spider man is up there in the world of Marvel comics.

He's also been brought into the MCU, Sony allowed Spider-man to appear in Avengers: Infinity War (a deal which perhaps allowed Sony to get the license for this game).

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#298 DaVillain  Moderator

@i_p_daily said:

Not I know there are people who are genuinely looking forward to it, my point was that the game has blown up since it was announced as a PS4 exclusive, and the usual cows can't help themselves.

I mean there is 3 threads on the main page that mentions the game, it wouldn't be this way if it was a multiplat.

When this game was first announced, we all watch the introduction gameplay, this was the first time we have seen an actual good (yet release) Spider-Man game that looks to be fun and I personally look at it from an evolution from Spider-Man 2 game. Yes I'm a Marvel fanboy, I'm excited for this Spider-Man game, only because this isn't being made by Activision. I don't care if you're looking at system wars, Cows, whatever, I'm personally looking forward to it and my last Spider-Man game I played was Shattered Dimensions.

I haven't pay much attention to you're so called "usual Cows" but for me however, I'm just glad this new Spider-Man game is being made a good developer, for once that is.

I think the better question to you is. How many do you think we have Comic books readers on system wars? Wouldn't you think they are Marvel fans like myself who are excited as well?

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#299 Juub1990

@2Chalupas: I appreciate your reply 6 pages later but this has already been discussed and your input added nothing of value. Thank you anyway.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#300 DaVillain  Moderator

@i_p_daily said:
@davillain- said:

All I said was, "you're trying way too hard" and you went off like a silly fanboy? Tsk, Tsk.