Sony's two big exclusives coming up

  • 49 results
  • 1
  • 2
Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

45692

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45692 Posts

FF7 Rebirth won the Most Anticipated Game award, and the latest trailer looks amazing. We also got a glimpse of Rise of the Ronin, which looks good (though graphics aren't up to Sony standards tbh). Both come out very soon (Feb 29 and March 22). Anyone else excited for these two big Sony exclusives?

Avatar image for SecretPolice
SecretPolice

44414

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44414 Posts

Delayed until late 2024 incoming. lol :P

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

12409

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#3 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12409 Posts

Helldivers 2, FF7 Rebirth and, Rise of the Ronin all by end of March 2024.

And people still wonder why the PS5 is body slamming the competition.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

45692

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45692 Posts

@Nonstop-Madness said:

Helldivers 2, FF7 Rebirth and, Rise of the Ronin all by end of March 2024.

And people still wonder why the PS5 is body slamming the competition.

oh you're right, Helldivers 2 looks good.

Avatar image for dabear
dabear

8958

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#5 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8958 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: I'm shocked - SHOCKED - that you walked away from the Game Awards and made threads just about PlayStation.

So, so shocked.

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

46833

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#6 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46833 Posts

So Rise of the Ronin isn't coming to PC? I could swear that it was.

Avatar image for Archangel3371
Archangel3371

44814

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#7 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44814 Posts

Super hyped for Final Fantasy VII Rebirth. Day one on that for sure. Rise of the Ronin also looks very good.

Avatar image for fedor
Fedor

11726

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11726 Posts

Will play Rebirth on PC. ROTR looks a bit meh.

Avatar image for davillain
DaVillain

56639

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#9 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56639 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

So Rise of the Ronin isn't coming to PC? I could swear that it was.

It is, just not on the same day for PS5.

Avatar image for saint-george
Saint-George

1489

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#10 Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1489 Posts

didn't know Sony made Final fantasy?

Avatar image for Heil68
Heil68

60724

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#11 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60724 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:
@Nonstop-Madness said:

Helldivers 2, FF7 Rebirth and, Rise of the Ronin all by end of March 2024.

And people still wonder why the PS5 is body slamming the competition.

oh you're right, Helldivers 2 looks good.

awww yeahhh

SONY burying us with the avalanche of world class games.

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

70910

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70910 Posts

Sony fannies bragging about third party games. ๐Ÿคญ

Avatar image for lamprey263
lamprey263

44765

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#13 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44765 Posts

@Pedro: "Sony fannies bragging about third party games."

I guess better get comfortable with it. Given Sony is bogged down with GaaS games, it'd make sense for them to have to reach out for deals, plus I think I heard last few weeks Jim Ryan has been trying to wrangle some third party deals for near future.

Actually I'm a bit intrigued that within a week we hear that God Of War and TLOU get roguelike content. Not that I care, just it stuck out, curious if PlayStation is on a roguelike kick, or perhaps they pivoted to this idea after narrowing their GaaS ambition.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

45692

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#14 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45692 Posts

@saint-george said:

didn't know Sony made Final fantasy?

is anyone claiming that they are? Fact is, exclusive is exlusive ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Avatar image for jcafcwbb
jcafcwbb

703

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#15 jcafcwbb
Member since 2015 • 703 Posts

I am very excited about FF7 Rebirth.

Though it does say something about Sony that their most anticipated game is a remake of an almost 30 year old game.

Avatar image for loudheadphones
loudheadphones

1249

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#16 loudheadphones
Member since 2023 • 1249 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

FF7 Rebirth won the Most Anticipated Game award, and the latest trailer looks amazing. We also got a glimpse of Rise of the Ronin, which looks good (though graphics aren't up to Sony standards tbh). Both come out very soon (Feb 29 and March 22). Anyone else excited for these two big Sony exclusives?

Oh, yep. But 1st 3 months of 2024 is like this :

Avatar image for boiled-hotdug
Boiled-Hotdug

309

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#17 Boiled-Hotdug
Member since 2022 • 309 Posts

Looking forward to playing this on PC. Rise of the Ronin was looking rough on the console...

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

45692

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#18 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45692 Posts

Avatar image for dimebag667
dimebag667

3180

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#19 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3180 Posts

@loudheadphones: That roadmap looks depressing. I don't care for modern FF, GoW or Last of Us. And the rest don't look that great, personally.

I'm not sure what the budgets are, but I would much rather them take the funds for one of these big games, and instead make 4 or 5 smaller titles. If that list was peppered with a new Twisted Metal, SOCOM, Jet Moto, Bloody Roar, Warhawk, throwback Mortal Kombat, Rush, etc, I might care. At least they have Silent Hill, I guess.

Avatar image for kvallyx
KvallyX

13180

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#20 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13180 Posts

All multiplatform. But thatโ€™s cool they are coming out. Well except Helldivers GaaS looks horrible.

Avatar image for kvallyx
KvallyX

13180

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#21 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13180 Posts
@loudheadphones said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

FF7 Rebirth won the Most Anticipated Game award, and the latest trailer looks amazing. We also got a glimpse of Rise of the Ronin, which looks good (though graphics aren't up to Sony standards tbh). Both come out very soon (Feb 29 and March 22). Anyone else excited for these two big Sony exclusives?

Oh, yep. But 1st 3 months of 2024 is like this :

Any chance we will get exclusive games on our PS5?

Avatar image for Heil68
Heil68

60724

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#22 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60724 Posts

Top in SALES and TOP in Exclusives.

SDC CONFIRMED.

Avatar image for eni232
ENI232

1007

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By ENI232
Member since 2020 • 1007 Posts

Both video games look really good.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

45692

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#24 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45692 Posts

@Heil68 said:

Top in SALES and TOP in Exclusives.

SDC CONFIRMED.

Isnโ€™t it great to have a PS5?

Avatar image for satorihanzo
SatoriHanzo

22

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#25  Edited By SatoriHanzo
Member since 2023 • 22 Posts

Mostly interested in Helldivers 2. Rebirth looks very good obviously. ROTR seems like a asscreed wannabe with underwhelming graphics. I'm not sure who that's for tbh

Avatar image for uitravioience
UItravioIence

3119

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#26 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3119 Posts

Very nice exclusives! Don't forget Helldivers!

Avatar image for lamprey263
lamprey263

44765

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#27 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44765 Posts

Square Enix's leadership got thrown down the moon door giving Sony exclusivity privileges for peanuts. Now current leadership is waiting for their shitty deal to expire before bringing it to Xbox. I've no doubt when they finally do release them Xbox that they'll be made available on Game Pass at the exact same time. I'll wait to play these then.

Right now the one PS5 exclusive I'm most excited for is Bloober's Silent Hill 2 remake. Bloober's a bit of a wild card but I'm rooting for them regardless.

Avatar image for saint-george
Saint-George

1489

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#28 Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1489 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:
@saint-george said:

didn't know Sony made Final fantasy?

is anyone claiming that they are? Fact is, exclusive is exlusive ๐Ÿ˜Ž

*Sony's two big exclusives coming up*

PlayStation exclusive is the term you were looking for!

Avatar image for last_lap
Last_Lap

7188

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#29 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 7188 Posts

When you have no first party games to shill I guess money hatted games will have to do lol.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

45692

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#30 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45692 Posts

@last_lap said:

When you have no first party games to shill I guess money hatted games will have to do lol.

Sounds like Xbox, except they just outright buy the company!

Avatar image for lamprey263
lamprey263

44765

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#31  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44765 Posts

It's sad that the PS fanbase has seemingly given up hope on Silent Hill 2 Remake. I first noticed the torrent of FUD stemming from their layoffs and news of their floundering GaaS efforts bogging down 12 studios. Then there was concern over a lacking 2024 line-up and doubt whether Bloober could even deliver coming from vocal Sony pundits.

Though it doesn't seem to be a lingering sentiment. Though I did see recently Bloober pushed back against people nagging them for a firm release date and gameplay videos, basically they're working on it and it'll be done when it's done.

Well, good if there's other things for the fanbase to concern themselves over, give Bloober some breathing room. Hopefully when they finally have much more to show, there'll be something there to wet their appetites.

Avatar image for last_lap
Last_Lap

7188

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#32  Edited By Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 7188 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: Yeah because Sony grew its biggest dev in Naughty Dog from the ground up...oh wait.

Sony also grew its most prolific dev right now in Insomniac...oh wait.

#sonybuysdevsalso

Avatar image for HalcyonScarlet
HalcyonScarlet

13672

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#33 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13672 Posts

@Heil68: โ€œavalancheโ€โ€ฆ Perhaps mudslide? :-S

Like, one game a year for the foreseeable.

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

70910

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#34 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70910 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:
@last_lap said:

When you have no first party games to shill I guess money hatted games will have to do lol.

Sounds like Xbox, except they just outright buy the company!

Deflection and bitterness.

Avatar image for GameboyTroy
GameboyTroy

9757

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#35 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9757 Posts

@loudheadphones said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

FF7 Rebirth won the Most Anticipated Game award, and the latest trailer looks amazing. We also got a glimpse of Rise of the Ronin, which looks good (though graphics aren't up to Sony standards tbh). Both come out very soon (Feb 29 and March 22). Anyone else excited for these two big Sony exclusives?

Oh, yep. But 1st 3 months of 2024 is like this :

That list looks good.

Avatar image for robertos
Robertos

1071

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#36 Robertos
Member since 2023 • 1071 Posts

Timed Exclusives*

Avatar image for hardwenzen
hardwenzen

40451

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#37 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 40451 Posts

Are we gonna pretend like Ronin looked good? They've copy pasted everything from Nioh, that's 4th game in a row with same brown uninspired environment, animations, sound effects, shitty frame rate, trash visuals from 2015, etc. I mean, did y'all even noticed how dogshit the bitrate was for their trailer? Sound sounded like its VHS quality. TeamNinja is clueless as ****.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

45692

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#38 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45692 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

Are we gonna pretend like Ronin looked good? They've copy pasted everything from Nioh, that's 4th game in a row with same brown uninspired environment, animations, sound effects, shitty frame rate, trash visuals from 2015, etc. I mean, did y'all even noticed how dogshit the bitrate was for their trailer? Sound sounded like its VHS quality. TeamNinja is clueless as ****.

You said Tears of the Kingdom looked like crap, but it's considered a Masterpiece.

Avatar image for pc_rocks
PC_Rocks

8521

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#39 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8521 Posts

Wait, people are counting DLCs now?

Avatar image for hardwenzen
hardwenzen

40451

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#40 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 40451 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:
@hardwenzen said:

Are we gonna pretend like Ronin looked good? They've copy pasted everything from Nioh, that's 4th game in a row with same brown uninspired environment, animations, sound effects, shitty frame rate, trash visuals from 2015, etc. I mean, did y'all even noticed how dogshit the bitrate was for their trailer? Sound sounded like its VHS quality. TeamNinja is clueless as ****.

You said Tears of the Kingdom looked like crap, but it's considered a Masterpiece.

An expansion sold to you for $70 is considered as a masterpiece? By whom?

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

45692

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#42 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45692 Posts

@pc_rocks said:

Wait, people are counting DLCs now?

ba dum, tss!

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

45692

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#43 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45692 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@hardwenzen said:

Are we gonna pretend like Ronin looked good? They've copy pasted everything from Nioh, that's 4th game in a row with same brown uninspired environment, animations, sound effects, shitty frame rate, trash visuals from 2015, etc. I mean, did y'all even noticed how dogshit the bitrate was for their trailer? Sound sounded like its VHS quality. TeamNinja is clueless as ****.

You said Tears of the Kingdom looked like crap, but it's considered a Masterpiece.

An expansion sold to you for $70 is considered as a masterpiece? By whom?

aren't you the guy who keeps hyping up the Elden Ring expansion lol

Avatar image for hardwenzen
hardwenzen

40451

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#44 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 40451 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:
@hardwenzen said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@hardwenzen said:

Are we gonna pretend like Ronin looked good? They've copy pasted everything from Nioh, that's 4th game in a row with same brown uninspired environment, animations, sound effects, shitty frame rate, trash visuals from 2015, etc. I mean, did y'all even noticed how dogshit the bitrate was for their trailer? Sound sounded like its VHS quality. TeamNinja is clueless as ****.

You said Tears of the Kingdom looked like crap, but it's considered a Masterpiece.

An expansion sold to you for $70 is considered as a masterpiece? By whom?

aren't you the guy who keeps hyping up the Elden Ring expansion lol

What does that have anything to do with what i said lol. totk is an expansion, one that was sold to you for $70, and took a whole generation to come out. ER expansion will be sold for $15-20, and take 2 years. Massive difference.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

45692

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#45 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45692 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@hardwenzen said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@hardwenzen said:

Are we gonna pretend like Ronin looked good? They've copy pasted everything from Nioh, that's 4th game in a row with same brown uninspired environment, animations, sound effects, shitty frame rate, trash visuals from 2015, etc. I mean, did y'all even noticed how dogshit the bitrate was for their trailer? Sound sounded like its VHS quality. TeamNinja is clueless as ****.

You said Tears of the Kingdom looked like crap, but it's considered a Masterpiece.

An expansion sold to you for $70 is considered as a masterpiece? By whom?

aren't you the guy who keeps hyping up the Elden Ring expansion lol

What does that have anything to do with what i said lol. totk is an expansion, one that was sold to you for $70, and took a whole generation to come out. ER expansion will be sold for $15-20, and take 2 years. Massive difference.

what's wrong with taking an already great game, and making it better? and there's plenty of content for the $70 price tag. If the ER expansion is $15-$20, no way it will have 100 hours of content lol.

Avatar image for last_lap
Last_Lap

7188

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#46 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 7188 Posts

@pc_rocks said:

Wait, people are counting DLCs now?

No, cows are counting dlc now because Sony doesn't have a first party game for 2024 other than MLB, but that's a multiplat and a remake or remaster of a 3yr old game.

I'm actually surprised they didn't mention VR games too lol.

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

70910

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#47  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70910 Posts
@pc_rocks said:

Wait, people are counting DLCs now?

Desperate times for Sony fans

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

45692

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#48 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45692 Posts

@last_lap said:
@pc_rocks said:

Wait, people are counting DLCs now?

No, cows are counting dlc now because Sony doesn't have a first party game for 2024 other than MLB, but that's a multiplat and a remake or remaster of a 3yr old game.

I'm actually surprised they didn't mention VR games too lol.

exclusive is exclusive

Avatar image for Litchie
Litchie

34880

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#49  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34880 Posts

Yup. PS5 is a waste of money and space.