babyjoker1221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 babyjoker1221
Member since 2015 • 1313 Posts

With all the negative attention Sony has been getting lately with no crossplay, locking fortnite accounts, and with the goodwill that MS, and Nintendo have gained recently. How will next gen play out?

MS are looking to correct the only remaining shortcoming they have against Sony with all the new studio additions they're adding. Their hardware is in top form these days, and will likely continue into next gen. Adding features and things like the elite, and adaptive controller only help their brand image.

Nintendo has a hit on their hands with the Switch. They've got the portable market on lock, and with Nintendo's big bag of IP's, there's no reason to believe it won't continue to be successful.

Sony has sold a ton of PS4's. While that is an impreaside feat, how will they fair going forward? Will they continue to do so well next gen? The "arrogant Sony" phrase is back due to their anti consumer policies. They've been dethroned as having the most powerful console. PSN remains subpar compared to Live despite now charging for it. The lone golden egg left is PS4's exclusives. While their cinematic single player formula is getting long in the tooth for some, Sony should have continued success with them. But PS Now is a bust. In order to make it competitive with MS's gamepass, they've added the ability to download games, along with adding some PS4 exclusives. Still... Nobody is really talking about it. In order to really compete, Sony is going to eventually end up throwing it's exclusives up there. It's already done so with Bloodborn, and the rest of their exclusives are sure to follow.

Without its exclusives, what leg will the Playstation have left to stand on?

LocalBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2 LocalBully
Member since 2018 • 43 Posts

what a load of shit

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

Sony will do great next generation. These are minor issues. I would not be worried about any of the major players next generation. They are in far better spots than SW would have you imagine.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I think OP is high and this is the internet equivalent of drunk dialing.

blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By blamix
Member since 2006 • 2030 Posts

I'm simple, i'm sticking where the great games are and that's gonna be the PS5 next gen. Sony never fails to deliver with their games and i can't afford to miss the next God of War and Spiderman, and whatever the other studios are up to next gen.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

I think the pendulum will swing the other way again, nothing lasts forever.

But their last leg? Nah.

k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#7 k--m--k
Member since 2007 • 2799 Posts

I think everyone moved past the no cross play issue.

sovkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 sovkhan
Member since 2015 • 1591 Posts

ButDuuude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 ButDuuude
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

No crossplay? Wtf?! Sony came up with the name "crossplay" and has had crossplay since PS2 (Final Fantasy XI Online). Several games on PS3 had crossplay, like Portal 2. PS4 has crossplay, Rocket League, Street Fighter V, etc.

PlayStation has crossplay with PC and other PlayStation systems, Vita and PS3. PS4 does not have crossplay with Xbox One because Microsoft wants people on PS4 to use Xbox Live in order to have crossplay with them. That is not happening.

Pixel_Mage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#10 Pixel_Mage
Member since 2018 • 80 Posts

It took Microsoft ~5+ years to figure out that a video game console needs video games. I think Sony will be alright.

babyjoker1221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 babyjoker1221
Member since 2015 • 1313 Posts

@ButDuuude: So why do developers want crossplay so bad.

Crossplay wouldn't require PS4 players to use Xbox Live except on Minecraft because ya know... It's a MS game.

Zappat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Zappat
Member since 2018 • 1592 Posts

Lemmings shouldnt be allowed to make dumb predictions like this until MS wins at least one gen. In the meantime they're the all time gaming losers and nobody should take anything they say seriously. Everything they "predict" turns out to be the opposite

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44058 Posts

All true... Thread of the year. lol :P

LnV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 LnV
Member since 2018 • 151 Posts

What happens if both fail? People go for Nintendo? People go for the PC? People give up about video games?A new contender appears?

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#15  Edited By PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

If you made this thread 7 or 8 years ago you would have had a point. Now Playstation is in a better position that it has ever been, and i don't see any sign of momentum loss.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0
deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0
Member since 2017 • 1499 Posts

I couldn't care less about all that; as long as they continue pumping out solid exclusives I plan on grabbing a Playstation 5. As it's the only thing I'll probably use it for since PC over everything else.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ReCloud
Member since 2018 • 4418 Posts

Negative attention? Lmao

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

The threads here just keep getting dumber and dumber.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11084 Posts

This thread is the culmination of the frustration of getting defeated all gen. It has all the whole Xbox fan bingo card squares going for it.

- Says Sony's third person games are tired, but they're selling more than ever (yet he'll buy Gears of War 5)

- Abusing the word anti-consumer while ignoring Microsoft's anti-consumer moves, the reason they're eating Sony's dust now

- Hiding behind Xbox One X, which did nothing to expand Xbox's marketshare, and still isn't that impressive

- Forgets that Game Pass was created because MS has a hard time selling their games at full price

If none of the stuff MS did this gen moved the needle for Xbox, why should it be easier next gen?

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 pdogg93
Member since 2015 • 1849 Posts

Lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts
@PAL360 said:

If you made this thread 7 or 8 years ago you would have had a point. Now Playstation is in a better position that it has ever been, and i don't see any sign of momentum loss.

I remember a time when Playstation was in an even better position than they currently are, it was at the end of the 6th generation and the PS2 had sold over three times more than both of their competitors combined. As a result, they were in an absolute dominant position heading into the 7th generation. Many would say that they were so dominant that they were unbeatable at that point. Need I remind you what happened after that?

Are the people that think that Sony can't lose not learning anything from history? Sony was in a much more dominant position with the PS2 than they currently are with the PS4, but even that didn't stop their next console from falling behind the two competitors that they had previously dominated over during the previous generation.

And why did Sony fall behind after previously being dominant? It happened because heading into the 7th generation Sony got arrogant and anti-consumer while Microsoft worked their asses off to gain goodwill and Nintendo delivered something innovative to differentiate themselves. Microsoft and Nintendo even worked together against Sony (Wii60). Now lets fast forward to the present and see what is happening... Sony is getting increasingly arrogant and anti-consumer, Microsoft is working their assess off to gain goodwill, and Nintendo is delivering something innovative to differentiate themselves and having a lot of success with it. Microsoft and Nintendo are even working together against Sony again ("better together" marketing). Does all of this sound familiar? I can't help but get a very strong feeling of deja-vu that I've seen this same story play out before and it did not end up well for Sony.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

It's going to borrow the Bone leg of exclusive deals.

And still not give crossplay to the Bone.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

Lol yeah sure..

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#25 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

@storm_of_swords said:
@PAL360 said:

I remember a time when Playstation was in an even better position than they currently are, it was at the end of the 6th generation and the PS2 had sold over three times more than both of their competitors combined. As a result, they were in an absolute dominant position heading into the 7th generation. Need I remind you what happened after that?

Are the people that think that Sony can't lose not learning anything from history? Sony was in a much more dominant position with the PS2 than they currently are with the PS4, but even that didn't stop their next console from falling behind the two competitors that they had previously dominated over during the previous generation.

And why did that happen? It happened because heading into the 7th generation Sony got arrogant and anti-consumer while Microsoft worked their asses off to gain goodwill and Nintendo delivered something innovative to differentiate themselves. Microsoft and Nintendo even worked together against Sony (Wii60). Now lets fast forward to the present and see what is happening... Sony is getting increasingly arrogant and anti-consumer, Microsoft is working their assess off to gain goodwill, and Nintendo is delivering something innovative to differentiate themselves and having a lot of success with it. Microsoft and Nintendo are even working together against Sony again ("better together" marketing). Does all of this sound familiar? I can't help but get a very strong feeling of deja vu that I've seen this story play out before and it did not end up well for Sony.

Well, i agree with everything you said except that Sony was in a better position in 6th generation.

Not saying that it will have the same legs, but in my opinion PS4 is a much better console. PS2 dominated the generation because the sum of some favorable scenarios (Sega couldn't support Dreamcast for much longer, MS was new to the party, and Nintendo was recovering from the N64 flop). In fact PS2 had a pretty high failure rate, the hardware was weak and terribly designed, and, just like PS3, its hype was based in lies (Toy Story graphics, the all mighty emotion engine, etc). It was insanely successful because the competition was at their worse shape.

PS4 is a much more transparent platform, no smoke and mirrors, no cool named hardware parts, tons of indie and AAA dev support, and Sony knows now the consequences of being greedy in the internet era...and it's not beautiful.

I can't talk for 9th era though. I do think PS4 is the best Sony platform, but i don't support companies. If PS5 is not what i expect it to be, i'm always up to jump ship.

LnV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 LnV

I am going to wait and see...Thats the best thing we can do now...

Zappat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Zappat

@storm_of_swords: how the hell is Sony anti-consumer if it keeps delivering great quality games more than any other company? I swear lemmings are not gamers.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ReCloud

Lemmingland are so pathetic that they hope that Sony fails so they can have some glory again lmao They know the only way the next Xbox Will succeed is If Sony fails. The true defeatist lemming way.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

Console wars will make you believe anything. I had a drum student the other day that was insistent Read Dead Redemption 2 and Dragon Quest 11 were PS4 exclusives.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#30 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@babyjoker1221: LOL holy cow what a bad troll post.

But yes next gen Nintendo will be king together with Microsoft because people care more about crossshit than quality exclusives and decent hardware So RIP Sony. /sarcasm.

LnV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 LnV

@Jacanuk said:

@babyjoker1221: LOL holy cow what a bad troll post.

But yes next gen Nintendo will be king together with Microsoft because people care more about crossshit than quality exclusives and decent hardware So RIP Sony. /sarcasm.

Well...Nintendo does have quality exclusives...A lot of them

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ReCloud

@lnv: Thats why Switch is outselling the x1 monthly.

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

Sony has Spiderman, all your points are invalid.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#34  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

LOL you think cross play is that much big of a deal outside of forum wars... ah thats cute

news flash

Most people that dont live in gaming forums actually dont give a sh*t. People care about the games and as long as Sony keeps on delivering theres no crossplay "controversy" that can make any dent at the PlayStation brand

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56088 Posts

I just don't give a damn about bad press against Sony. As long as they make exclusive games I'm interest buying, I'll be their to play'em. Same with PS5 if they have what I see and like.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@babyjoker1221 said:

With all the negative attention Sony has been getting lately with no crossplay, locking fortnite accounts, and with the goodwill that MS, and Nintendo have gained recently. How will next gen play out?

MS are looking to correct the only remaining shortcoming they have against Sony with all the new studio additions they're adding. Their hardware is in top form these days, and will likely continue into next gen. Adding features and things like the elite, and adaptive controller only help their brand image.

Nintendo has a hit on their hands with the Switch. They've got the portable market on lock, and with Nintendo's big bag of IP's, there's no reason to believe it won't continue to be successful.

Sony has sold a ton of PS4's. While that is an impreaside feat, how will they fair going forward? Will they continue to do so well next gen? The "arrogant Sony" phrase is back due to their anti consumer policies.They've been dethroned as having the most powerful console. PSN remains subpar compared to Live despite now charging for it. The lone golden egg left is PS4's exclusives. While their cinematic single player formula is getting long in the tooth for some, Sony should have continued success with them. But PS Now is a bust. In order to make it competitive with MS's gamepass, they've added the ability to download games, along with adding some PS4 exclusives. Still... Nobody is really talking about it. In order to really compete, Sony is going to eventually end up throwing it's exclusives up there. It's already done so with Bloodborn, and the rest of their exclusives are sure to follow.

1-Did not notice it when the xbox one keep been the last platform sales wise monthly,i guess is not such a big deal after all.

2-So sony is anti consumer for not allowing cross play with xbox and switch,but how MS is not anti consumer when you can't even play Fortnite Free? You need xbox live gold to play it,on PS4 you don't need it,in other words if you don't pay MS toll you can't even play the game in the first place let alone cross play.

3-And? weren't you talking about next gen? Why does it matter that the xbox one x is more powerful now? Also i don't see the xbox outselling the PS4 so apparently people don't give a rats ass about the xbox been more powerful.

4-PSN is great and has more online users than the xbox has consoles sold..lol

5-Great so you have a crystal ball that tell you the future so tell me next week powerball numbers please.

Bloodborn is not on PC you need to pay SONY to use their hardware,i don't know how that will damage sony,when MS has all its games on PC where you can rally buy them and play them in superior form to the xbox and play them online free..lol

I see so the xbox without its exclusives is ok,but the PS4 without its exclusives is nothing,some lemmings are totally derange.

RicanV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#37 RicanV  Moderator
Member since 2011 • 2624 Posts

You'll find that the greatest selling point any console can have is games.

This post would have made sense about a month and a half to two months ago when crossplay and the Fortnite fiasco were hot items. As a note Playstation has always had crossplay and Microsoft just capitalized on propoganda where they wanted crossplay on their own terms and people ate it up. I am not even sure what this post is trying to convey. Sony is not all of a sudden going to disappear especially with the install base they have. The worst case scenario at this point would be a tie with the next generation consoles.

Avatar image for GiveMeSomething
GiveMeSomething

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 GiveMeSomething
Member since 2007 • 1323 Posts

@lnv: i hope videogames dissapear as we know them, thatd be fun and new

artillery77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By artillery77
Member since 2016 • 68 Posts

360 did well because Sony tends to get arrogant and drop the ball by playing high and mighty. Xbox blew it early this generation and low and behold Sony's arrogance is taking front stage again. My guess is next gen will actually be tight again.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#40 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69444 Posts

This thread trolled the Sony fannies like a pro.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts
@Pedro said:

This thread trolled the Sony fannies like a pro.

Lol.

Anyway, "next gen" is going to be very interesting... Sony won't have it as easy this time. The only advantage Sony has atm is their 1st party output. But once MS's studios start pumping out new games, that advantage won't be as significant.

And there are glimpses of that Sony arrogance creeping back that we've seen before, and it didn't end well for them. Time will tell.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts
Loading Video...

I think this thread needs a funky song. Some people need a mental health break from the console wars.

Zappat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Zappat

Funny how lemmings consider what Sony did at the start of last gen arrogant and not what MS did at the start of this gen as arrogant. It just shows how distorted "reality" is for lemmings.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

@Shewgenja: Just what I needed, thanks. :)

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@mandzilla: Mondo Grosso makes everything better <3

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#46 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

@babyjoker1221 said:

This line is just dumb. Sony's arrogant and stubborn on things like Crossplay and Backwards compatibility simply BECAUSE it has these exclusives to back them up.

Just look, Xbox has BOTH Crossplay and Backwards Compatibility, but who in their right mind would pick up an Xbox One over a PS4 and miss out on games like Persona 5, Spider-Man, God of War, The Last of US, Uncharted 4, or Bloodborne? Let alone waiting a full year to experience titles like Neir Automata or Crash Bandicoot? Xbox One is getting Kingdom Hearts 3, but only on PS4 will you ever have a chance to play all the games the series has to offer.

Oh yeah sure it's dumb that we can't play Fortnite or Rocket League with peeps from other systems, but saying Sony has no legs is just wishful thinking.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 tormentos

So @Xabiss why haven't you come into this thread and attack TC as a blind fanboy?

Hahahahahaahaa... But but but i am not a lemming.

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#48 Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3129 Posts

Lol Xbox1. You'd have to pay me to play on that thing lmao

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts
@tormentos said:

So @Xabiss why haven't you come into this thread and attack TC as a blind fanboy?

WTF is literally wrong with you man. You seriously need to get a life cry baby!

This post is a shit post that isn't even worth my time or effort. So go cry some more because that is all you do!

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 tormentos

@Xabiss said:
@tormentos said:

WTF is literally wrong with you man. You seriously need to get a life cry baby!

This post is a shit post that isn't even worth my time or effort. So go cry some more because that is all you do!

Hahahahaaa... When you want to act unbiased you need to project that.

Yeah right if this was an xbox hate thread done by a cow you would have posted here crying about cows in a split second.

I guess your inner lemming will now allow you,na don't call the post shit now,you are so predictable you do so because i putted you on the spot.