Sony's E3 happened and we were all there.

• 172 results
Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

https://www.engadget.com/2019/06/11/playstation-e3-ps5-death-stranding-ffvii/

The gist of it is this:

Sony bagged a strong E3 without needing the stage for themselves. The biggest games with the loudest fanfare are headed to the PS4 and no subtle nuance changes that material fact.

Was it cocky, bold, shrewd, or overconfident? That, is all up for debate. What isn't up for debate is that they ran the table on E3 without you noticing.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

Nice fantasy you're living in. What color is the sky in your world?

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

The gist of it is this:

Sony bagged a strong E3 without needing the stage for themselves. The biggest games with the loudest fanfare are headed to the PS4 and no subtle nuance changes that material fact.

Was it cocky, bold, shrewd, or overconfident? That, is all up for debate. What isn't up for debate is that they ran the table on E3 without you noticing.

"What isn't up for debate is that they ran the table on E3 without you noticing" LMFAO! Dude, that is serious weaksauce. So, the PS4 won E3 because of multi-plats? HA HA HA!!!!

Livecommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Livecommander
Member since 2009 • 1388 Posts

It was smart and saved a lot of money. It's also a good comeback for the people who criticized the non gaming aspects of there presentation last year.

Sony basically just showed those critics they can steal the show without even appearing at all.

Imagine if Sony had their own theater close to e3 like ms does

Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 Son-Goku7523
Member since 2019 • 955 Posts

Let the lemming damage control commence!

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts

SONY DOMINATION CONTINUATION

Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Son-Goku7523

@StormyJoe: Death Stranding and FF7 are multiplats? When are they coming to your FlopBone? ? I didn’t get the memo.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Death Stranding is gonna be GOTY. That alone gives Sony the win over MS.

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#9  Edited By 2mrw
Member since 2008 • 6205 Posts

The absence of Sony is really felt

I wish they had one of those state of play thing

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Shewgenja

@StormyJoe: oh? Breaking news: everything announced was multiplat?

Please, share your findings with the class. By this time next year, how far into Avengers will you be on your not-ps4?

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

Pretty sure if MS/Xbox had done this you would not be promoting this opinion, and probably slamming such an idea

Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Son-Goku7523
@drlostrib said:

Pretty sure if MS/Xbox had done this you would not be promoting this opinion, and probably slamming such an idea

MS doesn’t have any games though and they need E3 badly to reassure their demoralized fanbase, they aren’t In the same position to do what Sony did. What Sony did is something you can only do from a position of strength.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

ROFLMAO.... Cows the worse fanbase and the cancer to gaming period. Well all fanboys are really cancer in the grand scheme of things.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DrLostRib

@son-goku7523 said:
@drlostrib said:

MS doesn’t have any games though and they need E3 badly to reassure their demoralized fanbase, they aren’t In the same position to do what Sony did. What Sony did is something you can only do from a position of strength.

Doesn't matter. Even if the positions were swapped, TC would be slamming xbox. He vehemently hates Xbox and Xbox fans. Pretty sure he only supports such an opinion because its sony

Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Son-Goku7523
@Xabiss said:

ROFLMAO.... Cows the worse fanbase and the cancer to gaming period. Well all fanboys are really cancer in the grand scheme of things.

Dat damage control ???

What a meltdown lol.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Shewgenja

@drlostrib: Spicy take time:

Maybe if a platform didn't exercise in overreliance on third parties and eschewing exclusives, this wouldn't happen. It's not at all about brand loyalty. It has everything to do with games.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Xabiss

@son-goku7523 said:
@Xabiss said:

Dat damage control ???

What a meltdown lol.

Speaking of cancer there it is! You took the bait so easily it is sad.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DrLostRib

@Shewgenja said:

@drlostrib: Spicy take time:

Maybe if a platform didn't exercise in overreliance on third parties and eschewing exclusives, this wouldn't happen. It's not at all about brand loyalty. It has everything to do with games.

except it is about the brand for you. You've made that abundantly clear on this forum based on your disdain for Xbox and xbox fans. If a similar situation and opinion had been made for xbox you would be railing against anyone who defended it, and slamming xbox as a cancer like you always do

Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Son-Goku7523
@Xabiss said:
@son-goku7523 said:
@Xabiss said:

Dat damage control ???

What a meltdown lol.

“? Stop bashing my Xbox!”

”? Microsoft won E3 goddammit!”

”? Engadget are secretly cows!”

”? All the gaming press are secretly cows and want to see the end of gaming!!”

”? Love Phil Spencer, BELIEVE IN HIM!”

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Shewgenja

@drlostrib: well, now we are arguing the merits of me instead of the thread or the article. I find evidence to support my position. That is how I roll.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DrLostRib

@Shewgenja said:

@drlostrib: well, now we are arguing the merits of me instead of the thread or the article. I find evidence to support my position. That is how I roll.

as the evidence also supports what i've said. But just pointing out that if this opinion had been written about xbox you would not be saying that it's "not up for debate"

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Xabiss

@son-goku7523 said:
@Xabiss said:
@son-goku7523 said:
@Xabiss said:

Dat damage control ???

What a meltdown lol.

Talk about meltdown jesus!

Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Son-Goku7523
@Xabiss said:
@son-goku7523 said:
@Xabiss said:
@son-goku7523 said:

Dat damage control ???

What a meltdown lol.

Yea I’m mad MS tripped all over themselves at E3, sweet damage control ?.

By the way, Death Stranding trailer has more gameplay than Gears 5 at MS’ disastrous E3 and lems were bashing that trailer for the little gameplay shown, sweet irony ???.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
Member since 2018 • 2683 Posts

No doubt it was a bold move by Sony. Hell, they took the conference from MS just by not being there, because no one can deny that it didn't really feel like E3 without Sony, which in turn made MS's laughable cartoony/lego/exclusiveless presentation that much more pathetic.

verbalfilth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 verbalfilth
Member since 2006 • 5043 Posts

They were there from the shadows. It is all part of Sony's master plan.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Shewgenja

@drlostrib: Its really a chicken or the egg argument. I don't care about the brand name on the plastic box so much as what is being done with that plastic box. For that matter, I dont excoriate Nintendo for not having a press conference.

Time and again, I post XBox news that is positive but that gets ignored. I post positivity and urge people to keep an open mind when it comes to the possibility of XBox making good moves, and again, ignored. I literally line out everything in black and white that MS could do to make me (and I imagine millions of others) to support XBox. Clearly, it gets ignored.

I am exactly as I am. Which, about now, is right. I would challenge you to consider that supporting the SW Lemming narrative is more anti-xbox than I could ever be. I would rather see XBox succeed than just make excuses for mediocrity. If that's really my bad, then consider that.

Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Son-Goku7523

@drlostrib said:
@son-goku7523 said:
@drlostrib said:

Doesn't matter. Even if the positions were swapped, TC would be slamming xbox. He vehemently hates Xbox and Xbox fans. Pretty sure he only supports such an opinion because its sony

That's bullshit.

I saw him posting positive things about MS and Xbox right before E3. He's not as biased as you're claiming. MS shat the bed, stop making excuses for them and lemmings. OP is just posting the facts.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Xabiss

@son-goku7523 said:
@Xabiss said:
@son-goku7523 said:
@Xabiss said:
@son-goku7523 said:

Dat damage control ???

What a meltdown lol.

By the way, Death Stranding trailer has more gameplay than Gears 5 at MS’ disastrous E3 and lems were bashing that trailer for the little gameplay shown, sweet irony ???.

Still crying and proving nothing! Perfect meltdown bro! Keep at it.

Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Son-Goku7523

@Xabiss said:
@son-goku7523 said:
@Xabiss said:
@son-goku7523 said:

???? "Hey Phil where is Gears 5 gameplay? Where are the AAA exclusive IPs you promised?"

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DrLostRib

@son-goku7523 said:
@drlostrib said:
@son-goku7523 said:
@drlostrib said:

That's bullshit.

I saw him posting positive things about MS and Xbox right before E3. He's not as biased as you're claiming. MS shat the bed, stop making excuses for them and lemmings. OP is just posting the facts.

He is biased, and he's posting his biased opinion.

I mean, if the roles were reversed and IP_daily made the same thread, it would seem problematic as well

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2425 Posts
@Shewgenja said:

LMAO, guys is making a stupid argument only an xbox fanboy could come up with.

"Bu but if MS had done it.."

MS has NO GAMES! MS haven't had any games top tier blockbuster games this ENTIRE generation. LEMMINGS were telling us all to, "Wait til E3 2019" for MS to show off their amazing upcoming games not Sony fans. MS haven't shown anything worthwhile this generation and fans have been saying, "Just wait" for YEARS.

Why is this guy trying to compare what Sony is doing as if it can be applied to MS in a 1 to 1 situation as if LEMMINGS haven't been in limbo wondering what AAA game's they're going to get since 2015?

How about we paint a clear picture for the weak damage control. BOTH Sony AND Nintendo can skip E3 if they see fit and not get major criticism because they always let us know what games they have coming and SHOW and DELIVER amazing exclusive games for their fanbase to enjoy year after year.

The guy needs to stop trying to use lackluster NO GAMES MS as an example to downplay you positively supporting Sony not showing at E3 as if MS can be compared to Sony or Nintendo. MS came to E3 and what games did they show? CGI? The damage control is a joke.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DrLostRib

@Shewgenja said:

@drlostrib: Its really a chicken or the egg argument. I don't care about the brand name on the plastic box so much as what is being done with that plastic box. For that matter, I dont excoriate Nintendo for not having a press conference.

Time and again, I post XBox news that is positive but that gets ignored. I post positivity and urge people to keep an open mind when it comes to the possibility of XBox making good moves, and again, ignored. I literally line out everything in black and white that MS could do to make me (and I imagine millions of others) to support XBox. Clearly, it gets ignored.

I am exactly as I am. Which, about now, is right. I would challenge you to consider that supporting the SW Lemming narrative is more anti-xbox than I could ever be. I would rather see XBox succeed than just make excuses for mediocrity. If that's really my bad, then consider that.

pretty sure you've referred to xbox as cancer, and shown pretty significant contempt for anyone that supports it

Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Son-Goku7523

@drlostrib said:
@son-goku7523 said:
@drlostrib said:
@son-goku7523 said:
@drlostrib said:

That's bullshit.

I mean, if the roles were reversed and IP_daily made the same thread, it would seem problematic as well

Everyone is biased even you. If we are going according to your standards no one would make threads on SW.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By DrLostRib

@boxrekt said:
@Shewgenja said:

MS has NO GAMES! MS haven't had any games top tier blockbuster games this ENTIRE generation. LEMMINGS were telling us all to, "Wait til E3 2019" for MS to show off their amazing upcoming games because so far they haven't shown anything, for YEARS.

Why is this guy trying to compare what Sony is doing as if it can be applied to MS in a 1 to 1 situation as if LEMMINGS haven't been in limbo about what game's they're going to get with "da new studios"?

How about we paint a clear picture for the weak damage control. BOTH Sony AND Nintendo can skip E3 if they see fit and not get major criticism because they always let us know what games they have coming and SHOW and DELIVER amazing exclusive games for their fanbase to enjoy year after year.

The guy needs to stop trying to use lackluster NO GAMES MS as an example to downplay you positively supporting Sony not showing at E3 as if MS can be compared to Sony or Nintendo. MS came to E3 and what games did they show? CGI? The damage control is a joke.

God damn you are worthless

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Xabiss
@son-goku7523 said:
@Xabiss said:
@son-goku7523 said:
@Xabiss said:
@son-goku7523 said:

???? "Hey Phil where is Gears 5 gameplay? Where are the AAA exclusive IPs you promised?"

Translation

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By DrLostRib
@son-goku7523 said:
@drlostrib said:
@son-goku7523 said:
@drlostrib said:
@son-goku7523 said:

That's bullshit.

Everyone is biased even you.

No shit. Though i at least try to consider both sides of things

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By BoxRekt
@subspecies said:

No doubt it was a bold move by Sony. Hell, they took the conference from MS just by not being there, because no one can deny that it didn't really feel like E3 without Sony, which in turn made MS's laughable cartoony/lego/exclusiveless presentation that much more pathetic.

On top of MS getting exposed for showing mostly CGI trailers that they've been using to fool gullible lemmings since Crackdown 3 2014.

The only gameplay MS showed were budget indie games and even then, their biggest indies there Ori, was DELAYED til 2020 and Battletoads had NO RELEASE DATE haha WOW!

All the lies and damage control from lemmings about Sony using movies and pre-rendered video has to hype games has now been exposed to actually be MS and they've been doing it this since the generation started.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By BoxRekt
@drlostrib said:
@boxrekt said:
@Shewgenja said:

MS has NO GAMES! MS haven't had any games top tier blockbuster games this ENTIRE generation. LEMMINGS were telling us all to, "Wait til E3 2019" for MS to show off their amazing upcoming games because so far they haven't shown anything, for YEARS.

Why is this guy trying to compare what Sony is doing as if it can be applied to MS in a 1 to 1 situation as if LEMMINGS haven't been in limbo about what game's they're going to get with "da new studios"?

Tell that to the one who shat you out.

Great counter argument BTW and you're trying to call someone else bias? LMFAO GTFO!

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Shewgenja

@drlostrib: there was a time when XBox was trying to erode our rights as consumers and as gamers. A head of marketing literally told a bunch of people at a conference that the data they could collect with Kinect was a "treasure trove"... which precipitated an investigation by the German government...

I wont make apologies for that. Ever. I am grateful that XBox navigated those waters correctly but let's not pretend for a second that there were sw lemmings urging MS to stay the course during all of that. For that matter, that SW Lems continue to urge MS into the corner that XBox finds itself with mis-cue after mis-cue.

I own it. God do I own it.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

The gist of it is this:

You spelled Nintendo wrong.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 DrLostRib

@boxrekt said:
@drlostrib said:
@boxrekt said:
@Shewgenja said:

Tell that to the one who shat you out.

Great counter argument BTW and you're trying to call someone else bias? LMFAO GTFO!

didn't @xantufrog recently tell you to try and pay a modicum of attention rather than being a worthless troll all the time

Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Son-Goku7523

@drlostrib said:
@son-goku7523 said:
@drlostrib said:
@son-goku7523 said:
@drlostrib said:

That's bullshit.

I'm not seeing it. You're attacking the OP right now in a biased manner.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 DrLostRib

@Shewgenja said:

@drlostrib: there was a time when XBox was trying to erode our rights as consumers and as gamers. A head of marketing literally told a bunch of people at a conference that the data they could collect with Kinect was a "treasure trove"... which precipitated an investigation by the German government...

I wont make apologies for that. Ever. I am grateful that XBox navigated those waters correctly but let's not pretend for a second that there were sw lemmings urging MS to stay the course during all of that. For that matter, that SW Lems continue to urge MS into the corner that XBox finds itself with mis-cue after mis-cue.

I don't think anyone was really supporting or urging MS to stay the course on spying. And you definitely continued to show disdain for Xbox and xbox fans well after and regardless of that. you at times seemed to show a disturbing amount of contempt just because someone liked a different game console than you. Don't try to spin your console fanboyism as some sort of valiant crusade

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 DrLostRib
@son-goku7523 said:
@drlostrib said:
@son-goku7523 said:
@drlostrib said:

I'm not seeing it. You're attacking the OP right now in a biased manner.

I'm just pointing out the stances TC has previously and repeatedly taken, and how they frame the arguments in this thread

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By BoxRekt

@Shewgenja: The guys is just a raging toxic xbox himself.

He's comes out and spouts "you are worthless" in response to a post I made about the differences between Sony, Nintendo and MS and calling a spade a spade.

He's a completely blind MS fanboy and hypocrite to the highest degree because he's quick to call you bias regardless of you trying to be objective when MS showed their non shit side.

He completely disregards the fact that Sony put themselves in a position that allowed them the ability to be a no show. He acts like Sony pumping out multiple GOTY caliber exclusives year after year and then showing 3/4 major upcoming AAA games PLUS their GAMEPLAY means nothing.

When was MS ever in this position???

You don't need to defend yourself against an "worthless" fanboy like that who doesn't actually consider the reason why you say what you say. He only knows how to damage control for MS and bash Sony using bias arguments.

dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#47 dzimm
Member since 2006 • 6615 Posts
@Livecommander said:
Sony basically just showed those critics they can steal the show without even appearing at all.

Nah... nobody but fanboys are talking about Sony. It was a serious miscalculation on their part. No doubt Sony's marketing departing is sweating it out right now hoping they don't get fired for this blunder.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@StormyJoe said:
@Shewgenja said:

The gist of it is this:

"What isn't up for debate is that they ran the table on E3 without you noticing" LMFAO! Dude, that is serious weaksauce. So, the PS4 won E3 because of multi-plats? HA HA HA!!!!

You know what is funny?

Sony wasn't even at E3 and had exclusive there while MS was there and showed nothing but multiplatforms.

Sony wans't on E3 yet they match Scarlet features before E3 and rumors point at the PS5 been stronger.

@Xabiss said:

OK WTF is wrong with you? Did you even analize this thread without breaking into your usual charade or tears and damage control againts cow aren't you suppose to be an unbiased poester and not a lemming?

Yeah this tipe of posting is what branded you as a total blind lemming you can hide all you want you get expose every time because you can't stand seeing people talking something bad about the xbox.

All this thread talk is about how sony precense was felt even without been there,but like a total Kingtito or I_cry_daily you just jumped on cows.

Oh without even making a single poit at least against TC thread just and open attack.

@drlostrib said:

That can be say about any fanboy.

And i have a blast quoting old post this way specially about lemmings,but others as well.

Arguments here change all the time,in fact Exclusives,scores,sales and performance all were important to lemmings for generations and many threads were made about it,but as soon as the xbox one came out all those stopped mattering and lemmings startb complaining about those threads.

Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Son-Goku7523

@Xabiss said:
@son-goku7523 said:
@Xabiss said:
@son-goku7523 said:
@Xabiss said:

Translation

Translation: Butthurt ?

Loading Video...

Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Son-Goku7523

@drlostrib said:
@Shewgenja said:

I don't think anyone was really supporting or urging MS to stay the course on spying. And you definitely continued to show disdain for Xbox and xbox fans well after and regardless of that. you at times seemed to show a disturbing amount of contempt just because someone liked a different game console than you. Don't try to spin your console fanboyism as some sort of valiant crusade

That's a lie. I wasn't posting here back in 2013 but all over Twitter and the message boards I was in there were a lot of MS apologists damage controlling DRM and Kinect and urging MS to continue.