Sony: You can Buy a PS4 Plus FIFA 14 for Less than Xbox One.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/08/22/sony-you-can-buy-a-ps4-plus-fifa-14-at-full-whack-for-less-than-xbox-one-pre-orders-are-breathtakingly-high/

In a bid to entice European gamers to put their money down on an Xbox One and pre-order the system before it launches this November, Microsoft is offering up a free copy of FIFA 14.

Saying how thats a robust promotion to GameSpot when asked about the difference the offer could make at Christmas, Fergal Gara, VP & Managing Director at SCE UK and Ireland, turned the tables and talked about the PlayStation 4s success so far:

We are not seeking to accelerate our pre-orders any further, to be honest. [PS4 pre-orders] are breathtakingly high as they are right now. We do not have a pre-order problem. We will remain focused on value, and theres lots we can do around launch to make gamers feel looked after in a PS4 world.

Getting back on point, Gara echoed DRs thoughts on how you can buy a PS4 plus FIFA 14 at full whack for less, as I would understand it, than a free FIFA 14 with an Xbox One. We will continue to focus on great value for the gamer. Theres loads of instances on how thats real today, whether that be the price of the PS4, or the fantastic content proposition that goes with PlayStation Plus.

That PS4 world Gara mentioned above will begin on November 15th in the US and Canada before expanding to many other countries, including the UK, on November 29th. While hes already discussed the UK representing a large portion of PS4 pre-orders already, Fergal continued that thought with GI.Biz, adding how were talking unprecedented levels of pre-orders that we havent seen in 20 years in this business.

Addressing Andrew Houses remarks about Microsoft during the gamescom Press Conference, Gara said, Well, its a competitive market you know. Were all competitive animals. We all come to work to do the best job we can by our gamers, but there is a part of that job that is about winning versus the competition. Its nice to feel youre ahead, its nice to feel that weve got a lot going for us, and of course Andy chose to put bit of a dig in there. Alls fair in love and war!

Was your breath taken away when you learned that the PS4 was already over a million pre-orders? Let us know in the comments below.

More facts from Sony at 7.

Still, TLHBO!

Avatar image for coolnessmancool
coolnessmancool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 coolnessmancool
Member since 2005 • 1405 Posts

Reminds me when Microsoft said that you could buy a 360 and a Wii for the price of the PS3.

toughtrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 toughtrasher
Member since 2013 • 268 Posts

I wish I wanted FIFA 14

NoirLamia777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 NoirLamia777
Member since 2012 • 3180 Posts

Lmao, MS is done.

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

Sony, telling it how it is.

Not even Microsofts LIMITED preoreder bonus can save them from total destruction :cool:

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts
gotta love dat competition but Fifa is a joke of a game
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts

Ye, this is pretty obvious to anyone with a brain.

You could probably get fifa and another game as well (or at least a couple psn/indie ones) for cheaper than xbone fifa bundle

Shensolidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Shensolidus
Member since 2003 • 931 Posts

This is would have been a big deal for Europe, but considering most of Europe isn't getting an X1 till next year, it kind of invalidates the whole discussion. What this REALLY is about isn't to entice preorders in the area, but rather to keep people from cancelling them or jumping ship as a result of the delay in their territories. Its as simple as that.

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

shots fired

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

Was this something gamers needed to be told?

Thaymez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Thaymez
Member since 2008 • 183 Posts

The SONY fanboys will continue in denial as long as it takes with whatever response they can get. LOL.  I played PS3 for a total of 20 hours before I got bored of playing by myself and went back to Microsoft.  100 more dollars is worth it to have friends to play with,... and have voice controles, and be able to controle everything from my windows phone while im at work,... and to havce it connected with my cable.... oh yea and the part where it revamps my entire living room and entertainment experience- OH yea and all the exclusives.  Oh yea and one more thing, an operating system and menu screen that isn't for kindergardeners.  LMFAO.  Have fun playing killzone alone guys because FiFA and the PS4 cost 20 bucks less HAHA

Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12 Sweenix
Member since 2013 • 5957 Posts

The SONY fanboys will continue in denial as long as it takes with whatever response they can get. LOL.  I played PS3 for a total of 20 hours before I got bored of playing by myself and went back to Microsoft.  100 more dollars is worth it to have friends to play with,... and have voice controles, and be able to controle everything from my windows phone while im at work,... and to havce it connected with my cable.... oh yea and the part where it revamps my entire living room and entertainment experience- OH yea and all the exclusives.  Oh yea and one more thing, an operating system and menu screen that isn't for kindergardeners.  LMFAO.  Have fun playing killzone alone guys because FiFA and the PS4 cost 20 bucks less HAHA

Thaymez

What the f*ck

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

You could'nt pay me enough to play Fifa 14.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
Corporate dick flapping ahoy. Sony brandishing the dick of truth to smite Redmond.
PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

Thaymez

#Umadbroseph?

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts

Thaymez
The butthurt finally kick in, quite late, I'm disapponted.
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
The wall of stupid, stop quoting it :(
ManatuBeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ManatuBeard
Member since 2012 • 1121 Posts

Fifa must be the top casul game in EU...

Im glad i don't know anyone that even wants to get a X1, it would be social suicide!

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

[QUOTE="Thaymez"]

rjdofu

The butthurt finally kick in, quite late, I'm disapponted.

the worst part is that he said "at work" which means he's an adult thinking like a braindead.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts
MS is only going after mainstream dudebros with shooters, zombie games, and sports games. Sony is catering to true gamers with all sorts of diverse games ranging from big budget AAA titles all the way down to capturing tons of awesome looking indie games. The PS4 is made for gamers, the XBone is made for casuals, and the Wii U is made for lulz.
Kaz_Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Kaz_Son
Member since 2013 • 1389 Posts

Thaymez
tryagainlater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#22 tryagainlater
Member since 2005 • 7446 Posts

lol at Thaymez. Wow :lol:

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

Thaymez

or else change your friends for free !!!!!