Sony uses money to fund exclusives while microsoft..............................

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Classic24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Classic24
Member since 2009 • 598 Posts

Sony uses money to fund actual exclusives while microsoft uses money to gain one month exclusive DLC or exclusive demos like crysis 2..........

tell my xbox guys, how does this make you feel???

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

I've been complaining for months...I don't like it. I want exclusives!

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Ragnarok1051
Member since 2007 • 20238 Posts

Probably old since the topic is old.

MobilechicaneX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MobilechicaneX
Member since 2009 • 2863 Posts

It's not as if the 360 gets 95% superior console multi-plats. :roll:

Whatever. I win since i own all consoles and an ok PC. :P

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

yeah it's lame but i still think it's because it takes 2-3 years to get the nextbox launch lineup ready and they can't say anything about it since it would instantly kill off 360 sales.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
Who cares? It is no secret that Microsoft is not about quality, it is about creating and selling hype. They are just doing what they know best.
Classic24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Classic24

MobilechicaneX

recent games like castlevania, vanquish, need for speed disagree with you...........battlefield will run equal, call of duty runs equal with the minor exception of black ops, it will get back on track with MW3.

bayonetta 2 will not be a port this time around.

johny300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 johny300
Member since 2010 • 12496 Posts
I feel nothing lol.
AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 AnnoyedDragon
Member since 2006 • 9948 Posts

Microsoft pumping money into 360 exclusives usually means stealing stuff away from PC, so I'd rather they didn't.

alextherussian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 alextherussian
Member since 2009 • 2642 Posts
Sony uses money to fund exclusives while microsoft uses it to save Dolphins from the Japanese. True story.
Merex760

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 Merex760
Member since 2008 • 4381 Posts

MobilechicaneX

This isn't true anymore.

ArchaoN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ArchaoN
Member since 2003 • 831 Posts
Well maybe Sony needs to spend their money more carefully, because as I see it, Sony has been struggling to cut a profit for the last 5 years or so.
Hatiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Hatiko
Member since 2006 • 4669 Posts

[QUOTE="MobilechicaneX"]

Merex760

This isn't true anymore.

Yes it is. did you not notice... IT'S ALLABOUTTHE GRASS!!!

mayceV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#14 mayceV
Member since 2008 • 4633 Posts
alright, If you were in the middle of the biggest risk in your recent history I'm pretty sure you'd focus on it (kinect.) yeah I don't like it but MS has spent billions developing kinect in hopes that one day it can replace keyboard and mouse. Now Just ans Sony used the Ps3 to help Blu Ray MS is using Xbox to help kinect. MS also needs a motion control system to support the casuals. I wouldn't relly look good if suddenly all your competition had games for everyone while you only had core games. May look good to you but the parents and casuals in the market for a console would skip 360 immediatly. MS killed 2 birds with one stone. Alright not that many exclusive controller based games. Great. You can get your fill from Multiplats and other systems. If you only have a 360 then buy multiplats, If you for some reason don't want to play multiplat then tough luck, get a PC, Ps3, or Wii. start playing something else. Its not like MS has a MASSIVE slew of IP that they use. They got Forza Halo and Fable. After that they got multiplats and XBL. don't like it, then get another system. It'd actually lower MS's profits and get them to care, Heck I moved on to PC. not buying a single Xbox game next year. Not getting another Xbox (mines dead and out of warranty and the ld model anyway) nor am I getting any for of XBL. there goes a good 200$ of profit from one customer. If this was to happen to 1 million people MS has gained 200 Million dollars less. Thats what talks to MS. So think the way they think. Better yet support thier core line up on PC (MS Flight :D and GFWL games off the GFW Marketplace that would get thier attention. ) you have to think like a corpration. I doubt MS reads forums. So just drop the 360. buy multiplats on PC or Ps3. Don't buy into Kinect. Don't subscribe to XBL. if 2 million gamers were to do this for an entire year MS would realize that Kincet doesn't cut it. They say there are Core games comming well Don't buy kinect an instead drop the 360 until you see these core games.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

and you care why? the 360 still has more high scroing exclusives *even on places like MC and GR* still has more games, still has more A, AA, and AAA games even on the sites mentioned above.

Still has more world wide sales then the ps3, still has 160 million+ more software sales world wide.
yeah the 360 is doing fine, it did fine in 2010 *though cows said it woudln't said the ps3 would surpass it world wide, said it would sell more software, have more high scoring games...etc* and it will do fine in 2011 years end will be the proof it will still have more A, AA, and AAA and likely still be ahead world wide console sales, and still be 160 million software sales ahead.

ArchaoN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ArchaoN

and you care why? the 360 still has more high scroing exclusives *even on places like MC and GR* still has more games, still has more A, AA, and AAA games even on the sites mentioned above.

Still has more world wide sales then the ps3, still has 160 million+ more software sales world wide.
yeah the 360 is doing fine, it did fine in 2010 *though cows said it woudln't said the ps3 would surpass it world wide, said it would sell more software, have more high scoring games...etc* and it will do fine in 2011 years end will be the proof it will still have more A, AA, and AAA and likely still be ahead world wide console sales, and still be 160 million software sales ahead.

WilliamRLBaker

Yes. But don't forget the PS3 has its 2011 LIST... :roll:

mayceV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 mayceV

[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"]

ArchaoN

forget the 360 for a while. buy multiplats on your Ps3 or PC. don't subcribe to XBL. Don't buy Gears Forza or anything on your 360. 2 million people do this and MS would make 300-400 million less that year. Thats A lot of money. MS likes money. Our money. We don't like MS's Ways so don't give them Money. Don' believe "We got Core games comming!" until you see them. I doubt my post will change anyones mind. Doesn't matter to me. I left 360 until MS gets into gear.I can live without Halo and Gears.

walkingdream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 walkingdream
Member since 2009 • 4883 Posts
I don't get it 360 still has the better library score wise..... yes 2011 looks good for PS3 but people jump to conclusions far to quickly.
topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

[QUOTE="ArchaoN"]

[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"]

mayceV

forget the 360 for a while. buy multiplats on your Ps3 or PC. don't subcribe to XBL. Don't buy Gears Forza or anything on your 360. 2 million people do this and MS would make 300-400 million less that year. Thats A lot of money. MS likes money. Our money. We don't like MS's Ways so don't give them Money. Don' believe "We got Core games comming!" until you see them. I doubt my post will change anyones mind. Doesn't matter to me. I left 360 until MS gets into gear.I can live without Halo and Gears.

*clap.gif*

It's like those who complain about call of duty, yet own all 20 of them.

ArchaoN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ArchaoN

[QUOTE="ArchaoN"]

[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"]

mayceV

I don't know what your point is exactly, but why would I "forget the 360 for a while." I have been enjoying the 360 since 2005 and have been completely satisfied with it (with the exception of a RROD issue I had early on that MS fixed for me). I don't need more than one system to satisfy my gaming needs. In fact, there are several games that have been released for quite a while that I haven't even got a chance to play yet (i.e. Fable 2 and Fable 3, Fallout 3 and many others).

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#21 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

I want exclusives!

chikenfriedrice

You should be more specific.

truebond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 truebond
Member since 2010 • 39 Posts

Who cares? It is no secret that Microsoft is not about quality, it is about creating and selling hype. They are just doing what they know best.kuraimen

Seem more like you describing Sony, hype wise.:question: They both probably should use all their capital to create more first party studios.:idea:

Instead of wasting money on exclusives and exclusive content; Look to Nintendo, they have huge amount of profit from their in house developers.

More new developers, equal more new IP's, a win for counsel gamers.:)

AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 AnnoyedDragon

Why is it such a big deal that 360 gamers get games that other platforms cannot play? Does only being able to play the game on the 360; somehow increase people's enjoyment? Does a game become more fun when it is exclusive?

360 isn't like PC or PS3, where exclusive development creates opportunities to cater to the platforms unique capabilities. 360 doesn't really respond to being targeted that much, it hasn't got any hardware features that go underutilized; if another platform is factored in.

What people should be really asking for is more big budget games, as that plays a much more significant role in the quality of a 360 game; than whether it is a exclusive.

Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Pug-Nasty
Member since 2009 • 8508 Posts

That's true, but that's been the case all gen, so I don't see why 360 gamers would suddenly be upset over it.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 chikenfriedrice

[QUOTE="chikenfriedrice"]I want exclusives!

Stevo_the_gamer

You should be more specific.

core games exclusive to the 360?

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

chikenfriedrice

You're getting warmer, but how do you define "core games"?

AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 AnnoyedDragon

That's true, but that's been the case all gen, so I don't see why 360 gamers would suddenly be upset over it.

Pug-Nasty

Because Sony is on a spending spree when it comes to exclusives; and they fear PS3 is going to out perform them in that regard?

If 360 can compete without throwing hundreds of millions at exclusives, good for them.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#28 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

MS likes money. Our money. We don't like MS's Ways so don't give them Money.

mayceV

What does Sony want? Bean pies? I really don't get this ridiculous stance that Microsoft is the only company that wants to make money off you.

It's hilarious.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#29 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11257 Posts

MobilechicaneX
95%? More like 60%.
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

[QUOTE="mayceV"]

heretrix

What does Sony want? Bean pies? I really don't get this ridiculous stance that Microsoft is the only company that wants to make money off you.

It's hilarious.

Sony is an amazing company! They care about us! They love us!
FIipMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#31 FIipMode
Member since 2009 • 10850 Posts

Well that's not all they do, there's also for advertising and developing for Kinect.

Am I happy about it?

http://www.paperpetual.com/gifs/yeshakehead.gif

I still have hope for GDC though.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#32 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

It's obvious that most of Microsoft's attention is on 3rd party games like the CoD series (which pushes tons of consoles) and Kinect. They are kind of leaving their exclusives behind a bit.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 chikenfriedrice

[QUOTE="chikenfriedrice"]

Stevo_the_gamer

You're getting warmer, but how do you define "core games"?

non Kinect games? lol...Gears, Alan Wake etc

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#34 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

Who cares? It is no secret that Microsoft is not about quality, it is about creating and selling hype. They are just doing what they know best.kuraimen

LOL someone give this guy a medal, he freaking nailed it!!!!

mayceV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 mayceV
[QUOTE="ArchaoN"]

[QUOTE="mayceV"]

[QUOTE="ArchaoN"]

I don't know what your point is exactly, but why would I "forget the 360 for a while." I have been enjoying the 360 since 2005 and have been completely satisfied with it (with the exception of a RROD issue I had early on that MS fixed for me). I don't need more than one system to satisfy my gaming needs. In fact, there are several games that have been released for quite a while that I haven't even got a chance to play yet (i.e. Fable 2 and Fable 3, Fallout 3 and many others).

so why complain? if you're atisfied then don't make it seem like you have a problem with the system.
Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Pug-Nasty
Member since 2009 • 8508 Posts

[QUOTE="Pug-Nasty"]

AnnoyedDragon

Because Sony is on a spending spree when it comes to exclusives; and they fear PS3 is going to out perform them in that regard?

If 360 can compete without throwing hundreds of millions at exclusives, good for them.

Sony's been producing software for its system all gen, from established franchise to new IPs. Some of those new IPs were unsuccessful (Heavenly Sword, Lair), some were very successful. More importantly, most of them have been good games, some of them great, and a few amazing.

MS's has never put the same support into its system. When they do try a new IP, they pull too many punches for it to make an impact, so they rely on a few big selling franchises and advertise multiplats like they're exclusive. Sure, more power to them for being successful for no reason, but that doesn't do anything for gamers.

And I don't know why how much money Sony is spending on making games is an issue. They sell those games. If the games are profitable on their own, or overall, and they make the system look better than it's a win for Sony either way.

mayceV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 mayceV

[QUOTE="mayceV"]

heretrix

It's hilarious.

however Sony is catering to everyone. They don't have a huge risk at hand and they are more prepared with more studios. Sony is doing a better job at funding exclusives. People are crying that MS isn't caring about exclusives nor are they caring about the core. Well its because people are not buying thier exclusives and Kinect is a hit. They act as though MS has a reason to make exclusives when in reality the complainers are the Reason MS is this way. Sony has made plenty of Money from exclusives and its as though every new IP Sony pushes does well. Its not like that with the Xbox. MS has pushed 2 new IPs since 09 AW and Ninja blade. both bombed in sales(in 08 MS also poured money into Rare and put out 2 great exclusives that bombed in sales ( VP: TIP and BK). So why would they push exclusives if no one would buy them? MS talks money. every company does. However the audience of the 360 buys multiplats. They let new IP's bomb and generally are satisfied with Halo Gears and CoD. Don't try saying they aren't, I was of the biggest lemmings when i first came to SW. Truth is MS finds moey in te 3rd party. MS won the 3rd party tis gen. SOny has 1st party. Nothing wrong with that if you're happy with it.. (I don't like either console much so don't jump to conclusions that I was defending Sony. Sony is just as evil as MS. MS is more pronounced but Sony is equally evil (by evil I mean money wanting )).

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#38 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Sorry, but these PS3 fanboy threads aren't doing anything. I'm still playing the hell out of my 360, and will continue to purchase older games and newer multi-plats.

Avatar image for blazinpuertoroc
blazinpuertoroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#39 blazinpuertoroc
Member since 2004 • 12245 Posts

probably because Microsoft doesnt own or is partnered with as many studios as Sony does. They should. More exclusives on all consoles, the better.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#40 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
I'll take our fractionally bigger install base and more good games from 4 years ago, thanks.
JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#41 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts

[QUOTE="MobilechicaneX"]

Classic24

recent games like castlevania, vanquish, need for speed disagree with you...........battlefield will run equal, call of duty runs equal with the minor exception of black ops, it will get back on track with MW3.

bayonetta 2 will not be a port this time around.

Maybe thats why he didn't say 100% of games... :roll: And its nice to own all consoles and a PC it just makes sense to play the good games on the best platform.
iAtrocious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 iAtrocious
Member since 2010 • 1567 Posts

I don't know how I feel, but you sure look mad because you can't play the Crysis 2 Demo.

Classic24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Classic24

crysis 2 demo looks nice but ill look foward to playing the actual retail game than a demo exclusive

TAHNKS

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#44 tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

I more then strongly agree that they need to invest in 1st party exclussives.

Its doing wonders for Nintendo and Sony.
And realistically speaking, they can't be possibly thinking of depending on Kinect 100% for the years to come. The HYPE for it will die down as it did a couple times for the Wii now. Thus, In the long run which is about 2 to 3 years from now, will damage them. Thats assuming newer consoles aren't released yet.

Not a really smart strategy if you think about it.

Filthybastrd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Filthybastrd
Member since 2009 • 7124 Posts

[QUOTE="MobilechicaneX"]

Merex760

This isn't true anymore.

Even if it was, it's not exactly console < PC difference either.

bigboss5ak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 bigboss5ak
Member since 2007 • 2962 Posts
Sounds like someones mad about the crysis demo being 360 only
Funconsole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Funconsole
Member since 2009 • 3223 Posts
I play more games than JUST exclusives.... :|
gensigns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 gensigns
Member since 2007 • 1495 Posts

And realistically speaking, they can't be possibly thinking of depending on Kinect 100% for the years to come. The HYPE for it will die down as it did a couple times for the Wii now. Thus, In the long run which is about 2 to 3 years from now, will damage them. Thats assuming newer consoles aren't released yet.

tonitorsi

Strategy of random internet kid < Strategy of the Marketing Department of one of the largest and most sucessful Companies in the World

gee.... which is smarter

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

WilliamRLBaker

This is where you're supposed to say cows who say anything negative about the 360 don't own one.

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

[QUOTE="tonitorsi"]

gensigns

Strategy of random internet kid < Strategy of the Marketing Department of one of the largest and most sucessful Companies in the World

gee.... which is smarter

Well "the strategy of this random kid" is the strategy that has given me so many great games to play from Nintendo and Sony. A strategy of which benefits PS3 gamers with over 30 Exclussive games comming from Sony in 2011 and over 15 Wii exclussive games and that completely puts the 360's line up to complete and utter shame.

I don't give a rats ass what the "the largest startegy from the largest marketing department and most successful companies in the world" wants. If you think living off of timed exclussivity, timed DLC and Kinect benefits you whatsoever in any way as a customer....your loss.

You have 2 video game companies that offers the customers FREE online, more games, huge variety as oposed to one that charges $60 dollar for online connectivity, kinect shovelware, timed DLC, and about 2-3 quality exclussive games for the entire year of 2011.

gee....which is smarter