Sony took another shot at MS policies

• 164 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#1 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

Saw this on Kotaku, Sony exec, via twitter took a shot at MS policy of launch parity. I agree with what one of the commenters said in the comment section. He relayed that he would rather Sony not continue in a mud slinging campaign and just focus on their strengths rather than pointing out others negatives. I see his point. I always hate election campaigns that are negative and full of "look at what they do". Just tell me about what YOU do, or hope to with the PS4. I don't care that you can point out others negatives, we can all do that. This commenter goes on to point out how this behavior may be followed by Sony fanboys, and although all fanboys are guilty, he does point out the petitioning of games going multiplat, which I have only known of from Sony fanboys. Good read.

http://kotaku.com/sony-takes-another-shot-at-xbox-policies-1542647241

TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

I liked the tweets he was getting back from that, people saying where are the games to prove all this support, and when are the good games coming.

Not sure why he felt the need to go fanboy on Twitter but he's in a bad position to be doing so. PS4 has no games at all, and he's over there spouting Indie crap that most people barely played even if it's free.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

People like to talk about fanboys. Right now the lemmings are behaving very badly here, over a multiplat no less...

Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Sweenix
Member since 2013 • 5957 Posts

Quoting comments is laughable.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 cainetao11

@TwistedShade said:

I liked the tweets he was getting back from that, people saying where are the games to prove all this support, and when are the good games coming.

Not sure why he felt the need to go fanboy on Twitter but he's in a bad position to be doing so. PS4 has no games at all, and he's over there spouting Indie crap that most people barely played even if it's free.

Yeah I got attacked a while back by Tormentos because I relayed what a buddy of mine who owns a PS4 said. He wants games that he wants to play. He didn't buy a $400 console to play indie games, and he was looking to pick up an X1. All I got was "PS4 has more games, higher rated, blah, blah". Guy even lied about what I said, that my friend wasn't real. I offered to put him in touch with Nelson (my friend) and reposted all my posts to prove I never said X1 has more games than PS4. I guess that's why I liked what this commenter was saying on Kotaku. Sony fanboys really have a defensiveness that is ridiculous.

TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

@Bigboi500 said:

People like to talk about fanboys. Right now the lemmings are behaving very badly here, over a multiplat no less...

More like Cows are damage controlling like crazy over the fact that Titanfall has met it's hype. I know you guys have nothing to play at the moment, so I can understand being bitter and all.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@TwistedShade said:

@Bigboi500 said:

More like Cows are damage controlling like crazy over the fact that Titanfall has met it's hype. I know you guys have nothing to play at the moment, so I can understand being bitter and all.

Calling me a cow is the biggest failure of your life. I have plenty to play on a multitude of systems I own.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By arkephonic
Member since 2006 • 7221 Posts

Normally I'd agree that companies should focus on their strengths instead of others' weaknesses, but stuff like the "how to share games on ps4 video" and this tweet are good. Microsoft makes decisions that are cancerous to the game industry. After the sharing video, Microsoft changed their policies a week later. This whole thing regarding the tweet where M$ won't allow companies to release games for their system unless it releases simultaneously on One is cancerous as well. Competition is good for gaming, but microsoft's business tactics are bad for gaming. They don't compete by releasing good products. They compete by throwing money around for the sole purpose of limiting the industry and actually making it worse. Things like buying Rare and killing them off, always online DRM, indie parity, all this stuff is bad stuff for gaming. It's so bad and utterly ridiculous that Sony is taking jabs at them because they know that gamers like me who have been gaming for 25+ years see right through Microsoft's bullshit.

It would be one thing if Sony was making fun of a bad exclusive game on One or RROD, those would be unnecessary cheap shots. Instead, they're simply pointing out that Microsoft is hurting the game industry and are making people aware that their business tactics are anti gamer.

Gaming is one of my favorite hobbies. It's hard for me to get behind a company like Microsoft who is trying to kill my hobby and make it worse at every turn. God bless Sony for making the casuals aware of their bullshit nonsense.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

Oh right, because Sony is the true paladin of gaming and can't do wrong. It's a shame that Sony does everything to make masses not only unaware of but brainwashed by THEIR OWN bullshit nonsense.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 cainetao11

@arkephonic said:

Normally I'd agree that companies should focus on their strengths instead of others' weaknesses, but stuff like the "how to share games on ps4 video" and this tweet are good. Microsoft makes decisions that are cancerous to the game industry. After the sharing video, Microsoft changed their policies a week later. This whole thing regarding the tweet where M$ won't allow companies to release games for their system unless it releases simultaneously on One is cancerous as well. Competition is good for gaming, but microsoft's business tactics are bad for gaming. They don't compete by releasing good products. They compete by throwing money around for the sole purpose of limiting the industry and actually making it worse. Things like buying Rare and killing them off, always online DRM, indie parity, all this stuff is bad stuff for gaming. It's so bad and utterly ridiculous that Sony is taking jabs at them because they know that gamers like me who have been gaming for 25+ years see right through Microsoft's bullshit.

It would be one thing if Sony was making fun of a bad exclusive game on One or RROD, those would be unnecessary cheap shots. Instead, they're simply pointing out that Microsoft is hurting the game industry and are making people aware that their business tactics are anti gamer.

Gaming is one of my favorite hobbies. It's hard for me to get behind a company like Microsoft who is trying to kill my hobby and make it worse at every turn. God bless Sony for making the casuals aware of their bullshit nonsense.

I think in the politics mud slinging you'd agree to leave out the negativity, but in regards to Sony, I don't believe you. You've shown time and again that they do little wrong in your views. Did you read the article I linked? The writer points out that MS has always had the stance of dealing on a developer by developer basis in regards to their parity policy. But this Sony exec attacked anyway.

KittenNose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12 KittenNose
Member since 2014 • 2470 Posts

No, I want companies to war over their weaknesses as well. If we are going to move away from crap like putting the internet behind a BS paywall it is necessary for folks to take the companies that take advantage of their consumer's passion to task for doing so.

The whole "Well I have to put up with it if I want to play X game" mentality just makes things worse, particularly when most high rated games are multiplats.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 cainetao11

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@TwistedShade said:

@TwistedShade said:

@Bigboi500 said:

Some other loser tried the same thing. He got his arse wrecked.

Get FUCKED, lemmings. Sub-90 on Metacritic, Titanshit is a FLOP. Where are the games? No Xbone games announced since last August. The rest of 2014 is EMPTY.

You never fail me GrenadeLauncher. Flop only applies to metacritic when your butthurt, like lems with Beyond 2 souls.

Bazooka_4ME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Bazooka_4ME
Member since 2008 • 2540 Posts

damn lemmings, I thought you guys were more resourceful than cows.... lol

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

@Bazooka_4ME said:

-PS4 exclusives

-Towerfall

Not even Sony knows what the word "exclusive" means anymore.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@TwistedShade said:

@TwistedShade said:

@Bigboi500 said:

Get FUCKED, lemmings. Sub-90 on Metacritic, Titanshit is a FLOP. Where are the games? No Xbone games announced since last August. The rest of 2014 is EMPTY.

You never fail me GrenadeLauncher. Flop only applies to metacritic when your butthurt, like lems with Beyond 2 souls.

Beyond was a stinker too. Played the demo, the game controlled itself during the bike scene. Really, David Cage?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 cainetao11

@Bazooka_4ME said:

That's great Mr. Boyes. But like my buddy Nelson with his PS4, I didn't buy a new gen console to play indies. Its a nice thing to add, but I want retail sized games. I have a few, but want more. And some owners of your console want them also. Happy for indie devs but all this upgraded hard ware wasn't for 2D side scrollers.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 cainetao11

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@cainetao11 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@TwistedShade said:

@TwistedShade said:

@Bigboi500 said:

Beyond was a stinker too. Played the demo, the game controlled itself during the bike scene. Really, David Cage?

Well to each his own I guess. I liked Indigo Prophesy, Heavy Rain. Havent gotten B2S yet, but I will. I don't remember you being so vocal about its Metacritic score when it got AAA here though.

Bazooka_4ME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Bazooka_4ME
Member since 2008 • 2540 Posts

@treedoor said:

@Bazooka_4ME said:

-PS4 exclusives

-Towerfall

A lemming enlightening us about "exclusives".

Better enjoy your "exclusive" Titanfall and its hype thread while it lasts....

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By GrenadeLauncher

Brief reminder that so far this year the PS4 and Xbone releases have been identical with the exception of a multiplat shooter and some EA online-only shovelware.

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

@Bazooka_4ME said:

@treedoor said:

@Bazooka_4ME said:

-PS4 exclusives

-Towerfall

A lemming enlightening us about "exclusives".

Better enjoy your "exclusive" Titanfall and its hype thread while it lasts....

I will enjoy it though not on Xbox considering I don't own a single Xbox product.

That's why I am teh ultimate lemming

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher As Geralt in the first Witcher said: "almost" makes helluva difference.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Murderstyle75
Member since 2011 • 4412 Posts

@treedoor:

Yea they do. Their just not dumb enough to waste them on a launch when they will be under developed and sell at their absolute lowest.

Microsoft likes to release their exclusives too early, wonder why they don't sell and then never follow up on them thanks to the lack of sales from a not yet established userbase.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25  Edited By deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

@TwistedShade said:

@Bigboi500 said:

Titanfall is a shit game in my books (no, i haven't played it, but i know enough from the reviews how it plays. not getting it for PC) and if were to buy either one of the nextgen consoles, it would still be PS4 hands down. TRUE, not much games to play at the moment, but it holds a greater promise. i'm more interested in Second Son than Titanfall, but in all honesty, i probably wouldn't buy that one either.

just my 2 cents for your damage control post.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13659 Posts

@Bigboi500 said:

Lems aren't without faults, but I think the cows brought it on them selves. Their own behaviour since last January has been horrendous, continuous and pretty hardcore. You would deny the lems an opportunity even for a moment to give a little back? And in the main thread it wasn't just them, everyone was jumping in. Even the mods were giving the cows a hard time.

And don't forget, if Titanfall had flopped, the cows would have unrelentingly ripped Lems a new asshole and given twice as much as the Lems are giving back right now.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@Bigboi500 said:

Lems aren't without faults, but I think the cows brought it on them selves. Their own behaviour since last January has been horrendous, continuous and pretty hardcore. You would deny the lems an opportunity even for a moment to give a little back? And in the main thread it wasn't just them, everyone was jumping in. Even the mods were giving the cows a hard time.

And don't forget, if Titanfall had flopped, the cows would have unrelentingly ripped Lems a new asshole and given twice as much as the Lems are giving back right now.

True that, cows spent weeks claiming titanfall was rubbish and would flop, they got what they deserved in the end, saying that ht elems shouldn't be so quick to take the bait that cows dangle in front of them.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

@delta3074 said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@Bigboi500 said:

True that, cows spent weeks claiming titanfall was rubbish and would flop, they got what they deserved in the end, saying that ht elems shouldn't be so quick to take the bait that cows dangle in front of them.

8.7 at MC.

Just saying Lemmings hyped it as the second coming and it obviously isn't. This is probably the most money pushed game since halo 3 all the ads, posters, commercials and mock ups were everywhere. Xbox fanboys were acting like this was going to be unanimously critically praised, it isn't.

It's great that the game got a 9.0 from GS for the system wars ownage and metagame but you are trying to apply that score here as if it really did something amazing, no that was TLOU, and it was actually an exclusive. Even with all that hype going for it Titanfall didn't even manage to creep into the league of the big boy high caliber games that have all pulled off at least a 9.0 or above at MC.

And lets not forget in the end...Lemmings really don't have any ture ownage at all because Titanfall is only multiplat, xbox fanboys look real desperate and hypocritical trying to hang their coat tail on this one since they claim that multiplats don't matter ever since PS4 has claimed mutiplat superiority for the current generation.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

@arkephonic said:

lolololol oh ark always so funny.

Sony never ever throws money around they never buy developers or ip's they never shut down studios or gut them they never cancel games..etc..etc Sony has never ever ever thought of drm not once...

lololololololololol

And the tweet is question is idiotic we all know that Sony has no policies where they have any power over releases of games EVER right?

http://www.1up.com/news/working-designs-officially-dead

""So what happened? According to Ireland, it had to do with not being able to obtain approval (from Sony) to release all of the games he had wanted. "If I can't guarantee that the games I personally choose for us to release in the US can actually get approved and come out, there's no business to be done," he said. "I know many of you will have lots of questions, and there will be some I can answer, and some I can't. Sony has made it clear that they do not want the details of their dealings with any publisher made public. Suffice to say that you would buy what we wanted to sell if we could sell it."""

Sony decisions killed one of the best developers/publishers of gaming.

Tomorrow morning the time line could change and Microsoft could truly be a charitable organization that gave every thing away for free and you would say they were hiding something, you aren't unbiased you've been anti microsoft since before the original xbox so stop the act.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 GrenadeLauncher

@Bazooka_4ME said:

Fantastic comeback.

That Towerfall is the best reviewed eighth gen game so far must be very annoying.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
@arkephonic said:

That's such a bullshit excuse that holds no merit, you have to be a fanboy to believe that. MS killed RARE? EVERYONE LEFT, some before MS bought them. What exactly do you want them to do with it.

A developer is only as good as the people who work there. Team Ninja are shit now, they're a complete joke. It's the same with RARE.

It could be the janitor and canteen lady running RARE now it wouldn't make any difference. But as long as things stay the same right?

Developing commercial games cost shit loads, and since MS bought them, in fact even before with that shitty Starfox third person game on the GameCube, they have barely made a good game. Only stand outs were Kameo and Viva Pinata I think. But the Stamper Bros left after that. They don't even work in the video games industry anymore.

The last real game they made was Banjo Nuts and Bolts, but that wasn't great and got mixed reviews. Certainly not RARE decent.

Now Killer Instinct on the X1 on the other hand is decent, but that was down to Ken Lobb's input and nothing to do with RARE.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
@Desmonic said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@Bigboi500 said:

Eh, it's SW. You give and you take, if you can't handle that then get out :P

We could go back to this past gen and say lems abused cows on and on, or the gen before that and say cows abused lemmings on and on, etc, etc :P

IT'S THE CYCLE OF LIFE SYSTEM WARS! :O

Why are you telling me this, tell the other guy, I'm not the one moaning about the lems behaviour here. I just said it was justified.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Sony is down and has to use these low blow tactics to try to keep their mindless fanboy population rallied.

MICROSOFT has congratulated Sony numerous times instead of resorting to cheap shots.

When you stand back and look at it, Sony is the one that should shut up.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Sony is down and has to use these low blow tactics to try to keep their mindless fanboy population rallied.

MICROSOFT has congratulated Sony numerous times instead of resorting to cheap shots.

When you stand back and look at it, Sony is the one that should shut up.

that's because MS hasn't had a chance to shoot cheap shots at Sony. believe me, they would've done it too.

the thing i remember MS doing (you propably don't, as a lem) was taking cheap shots at their own userbase in X1 launch event. ouch.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By FoxbatAlpha

@groowagon: MS takes cheap shots at its on fan base? Well if they did it is from the book Sony wrote. 1080i on Killzone SF anyone?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@groowagon: MS takes cheap shots at its on fan base? Well if they did it is from the book Sony wrote. 1080i on Killzone SF anyone?

oh poor thing... just like i mentioned. you really have forgotten. forced online? second hand game fees?

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 FoxbatAlpha

@groowagon: don't tell me you are one of those people who actually think Sony was a angel with no plans to use DRM. You are sadly confused then.

Anyway, I was for DRM. I never get rid of my games and I live in 2014 where my console is connected at all times anyway.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@groowagon: don't tell me you are one of those people who actually think Sony was a angel with no plans to use DRM. You are sadly confused then.

Anyway, I was for DRM. I never get rid of my games and I live in 2014 where my console is connected at all times anyway.

that, my friend, is called denial. i'm connected all times too, but it was still a bullshit decision. it wasn't for the benefit of any customer, but vice versa. not everyone can be connected all the time, even if you can.

Sony never said they would have second hand fees for games.

sure, MS rolled back with this BS, and now that they apply the patch to your forehead after they whacked you with a baseball bat, it's all good again. for me, it damaged their reputation permanently.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 FoxbatAlpha

@groowagon: are you aware of Sonys TOS that you agreed to? They updated it and it clearly states the words DRM several times and states that disc based software cannot be resold.

They have the TOS updated but just have not enforced it yet. (If you even game on console)

So try to figure out if you head is in the clouds or up your ass please.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@groowagon: are you aware of Sonys TOS that you agreed to? They updated it and it clearly states the words DRM several times and states that disc based software cannot be resold.

They have the TOS updated but just have not enforced it yet. (If you even game on console)

So try to figure out if you head is in the clouds or up your ass please.

there's just no reasoning with you when you have decided to walk the path of Xbone-fogged mind. you just believe what you want to believe. have a good day, sir, and happy gaming.

oh... i'll just leave this here, although i know you have no intention to read it.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/204555/Sony_repeats_its_PS4_used_game_message.php

in a nuthsell;

"You must not resell either Disc-based Software or Software Downloads, unless expressly authorised by us"

and they are publicly authorizing it.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#43  Edited By misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

lol @ MS's parity clause. More devs should wisen up.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@TwistedShade said:

@Bigboi500 said:

Why do we need to damage control a multiplatform game.?

This is what you and all lemmings don't understand we don't need and xbox one to play Titanfall,now in a week or so you will need a PS4 to play Infamous now that is a real exclusive which one can use against another platform,you lemmings are so invested in Titanfall that you talk about the game as if it was Halo,should i remind you why the system survival guidelines explain what a multiplatform is.?

Is because you lemming even invented a term for them console exclusive if the game is on more than 1 platform is not exclusive period its need no damage control,the problem here like always is gamespot scores which we all know are nothing but click and bait by now.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 arkephonic

@HalcyonScarlet:

I'm friends with Ken Lobb's daughter, Michelle Lobb.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By arkephonic

@tormentos:

Lol, Titanfall isn't even console exclusive. It's on 360.

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

MS deserves the shade for messing up so bad during the Bone's reveal and the policies it tried to pull....which Lemmings were pathetically defending left and right.

If Sony wasn't in the business to drag their corporate asses back to reality, XB1 would be damaging the used-game market and inflicting heavy wastes of Internet bandwidths on its customers with always online and 24 hour checks.

Did I mention they got cocky as **** last gen?

And Lemmings were giving the PlayStation fanboys literal hell by playing the sales card, the "last placebox" and counting up A / AA / AAA's titles to drag the Cows.

Now they're quite passive as **** that Sony its taking names in Sales, Games, taking back the Market lead Microsoft gained last gen that they so gloated about.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#48  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

Oh please lems! Dont talk please , dont !

1) If it wasnt for Sony you would had EPICLY ridiculously policies.

2) You all forgetting all the craps and laughs you did and all the craps you said about PS3 on its release and beyond ?!

And now you playing the victim because someone said something thats is not even close to what all you were saying for PS3 for years and years ?

You hypocrites !!

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 HalcyonScarlet

@Desmonic said:

@HalcyonScarlet: Y u mad though? Pretty sure my comment was not meant to rustle any jimmies lol

I ain't mad. But you skipped straight to me with 'it's SWs, if you can't handle that get out'. I know what you're sayin, I didn't mean for my response to sound like I'm mad.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Well.... To Be Fair..... Microsofts Policies Suck. And I mean really suck.... For both Users and Developers.

If Sony wants to point that out for the next ten years I say let him have at it.