Sony to Japan: NO BR WARHAWK FOR YOU!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tango90101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 tango90101
Member since 2006 • 5977 Posts

http://playstation.about.com/b/a/257939.htm

apparently japan only gets the d/l version.

playing in silence...w/o voicecom....ooo...teh fun....

maybe this is one of the reasons why japan has turned their back on sony....;)

Prid3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 Prid3r
Member since 2004 • 8643 Posts
not like I care about japanese gamers since I live in canada , but ....... dam ...... does Sony try to get everyone against them or what ? trying to prove something ?
dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 dream431ca
Member since 2003 • 10165 Posts
That's actually a better idea. The disk version is a rip-off. It's a lot better to get the downloadable version.
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts
It's because shortly after birth Sony goes to all the hospitals and surgically implants blue-tooth recievers into all the newborns.
kentaro22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 kentaro22
Member since 2005 • 2694 Posts

http://playstation.about.com/b/a/257939.htm

apparently japan only gets the d/l version.

playing in silence...w/o voicecom....ooo...teh fun....

maybe this is one of the reasons why japan has turned their back on sony....;)

tango90101
Yes, releasing the game cheaper in Japan is turning their back on Japan.....
tango90101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 tango90101

Ermm...So?

ANY Bluetooth headset can be used on PS3 n00b

and Bladestorm on PS3 is the #2 game in Japan....Yea they sure are turning their back on teh Sony :roll:

/Thread.

Armored_cell

so now the japanese consumers get to pay even MOREthan their western counterparts?

i can see why japan is not digging sony right about now....

it has to be hard to be such a loyal customer for 10 years only to be ignored when the going gets tough...

Armored_cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Armored_cell
Member since 2007 • 1471 Posts
[QUOTE="Armored_cell"]

Ermm...So?

and Bladestorm on PS3 is the #2 game in Japan....Yea they sure are turning their back on teh Sony :roll:

/Thread.

tango90101

so now the japanese consumers get to pay even MOREthan their western counterparts?

i can see why japan is not diggingMicrosoft right about now....

it has to be hard to be such a loyal customer for 10 years only to be ignored when the going gets tough...

Read your own link :lol: Its CHEAPER than in NA

Self-Owned.

btw Fix'd your statement for you

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts
the D/L version makes Sony a ton more money. I'm surprised they have a retail version at all. They'll probably make its availablity really limited in order to quietly force people to the D/L version.
tango90101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 tango90101

[QUOTE="Prid3r"]not like I care about japanese gamers since I live in canada , but ....... dam ...... does Sony try to get everyone against them or what ? trying to prove something ? Armored_cell

You do know alot of NA Warhawk players Downloaded it online right. Its the #1 Downloaded game on PSN

ahh forget it...its like talking to kids lol

i can believe it...it's the ONLY game worth playing (altho that's still debateable, as it has MUUUCHproblems w/ connectivity and such).... that's why it's so played on PSN...

just to back up your claim; how many EXACTLY d/l warhawk...?

thanks.

kentaro22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 kentaro22
It's because shortly after birth Sony goes to all the hospitals and surgically implants blue-tooth recievers into all the newborns.Riverwolf007
???? Wow a logical post. Surely you are not a sony hater.... You can use almost any blue-tooth reciever you can BUY.
tango90101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 tango90101
[QUOTE="tango90101"][QUOTE="Armored_cell"]

Ermm...So?

/Thread.

Armored_cell

Self-Owned.

not when you have to spend extra money on a headset.....

oh...let me gues..."it doesn't matter"..:roll:

ramey70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ramey70
Member since 2006 • 4002 Posts
Do the japanese even like multiplayer shooting/war games?
Armored_cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Armored_cell
[QUOTE="Armored_cell"]

[QUOTE="Prid3r"]not like I care about japanese gamers since I live in canada , but ....... dam ...... does Sony try to get everyone against them or what ? trying to prove something ? tango90101

You do know alot of NA Warhawk players Downloaded it online right. Its the #1 Downloaded game on PSN

i can believe it...it's the ONLY game worth playing (altho that's still debateable, as it has MUUUCHproblems w/ connectivity and such).... that's why it's so played on PSN...

thanks.

#1 Downloaded game on PSN since its release, but ofcourse you wouldnt know since you are lacking a PS3

how the heck should I know how many lol do I work for Sony?

Sir-Marwin105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 Sir-Marwin105
Member since 2007 • 3785 Posts
Who in Japan is actuall going to download Warhawk? Not very many I am going to guess.
tango90101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 tango90101
[QUOTE="tango90101"][QUOTE="Armored_cell"]

[QUOTE="Prid3r"]not like I care about japanese gamers since I live in canada , but ....... dam ...... does Sony try to get everyone against them or what ? trying to prove something ? Armored_cell

thanks.

#1 Downloaded game on PSN since its release, but ofcourse you wouldnt know since you are lacking a PS3

you sure act like you do, by spouting off sales numbers that sony themselvers haven't even stated....

i'm thinking maybe it's so d/l so often becuase sony gives them NO choice but to d/l it; like in japan...;)

kentaro22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 kentaro22
[QUOTE="Armored_cell"][QUOTE="tango90101"][QUOTE="Armored_cell"]

Ermm...So?

/Thread.

tango90101

Self-Owned.

Yes, you have to buy an extra handset. Also in the USA unless you decide to buy the $60 dollar version, so the set is around $20. In japan the download is like $34 so if you buy a $20 dollar set....
kentaro22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 kentaro22
Also if you already have a headset....
tango90101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 tango90101
[QUOTE="tango90101"][QUOTE="Armored_cell"][QUOTE="tango90101"][QUOTE="Armored_cell"]

Ermm...So?

/Thread.

kentaro22

Self-Owned.

Yes, you have to buy an extra handset. Also in the USA unless you decide to buy the $60 dollar version, so the set is around $20. In japan the download is like $34 so if you buy a $20 dollar set....

bt headsets are running about $40... for any one that's good..;)

Armored_cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Armored_cell

[QUOTE="Prid3r"]not like I care about japanese gamers since I live in canada , but ....... dam ...... does Sony try to get everyone against them or what ? trying to prove something ? tango90101

thanks.

you sure act like you do, by spouting off sales numbers that sony themselvers haven't even stated....

i'm thinking maybe it's so d/l so often becuase sony gives them NO choice but to d/l it; like in japan...;)

You just owned yourself so hard :| :lol:

What number did I tell you?

That's not the reason n00b! :lol: Its also available for on BR disc in NA but its still top downlaod on PSN

Just stop hd28guy :lol:

oceansandearth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 oceansandearth
Member since 2006 • 246 Posts
[QUOTE="Armored_cell"]

thanks.

Dunno how many d/led but the retail copy has sold over 110,000 in the first week.

At least thats what VGCharts say.

tango90101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 tango90101
[QUOTE="tango90101"][QUOTE="Armored_cell"][QUOTE="tango90101"][QUOTE="Armored_cell"]

thanks.

That's not the reason n00b! :lol: Its also available for on BR disc in NA but its still top downlaod on PSN

in other threads, DAILY, you claim sony has sold over 5 million ps3...

i can link it if you want..;)

i'm still waiting for you to tell me how many were d/l... if it's that much, sony would be bragging... but they're not... i wonder why...;)

ramey70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ramey70
[QUOTE="kentaro22"][QUOTE="tango90101"][QUOTE="Armored_cell"][QUOTE="tango90101"][QUOTE="Armored_cell"]

Ermm...So?

/Thread.

tango90101

Self-Owned.

I got a new Motorola H700 for $20.

Armored_cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Armored_cell
[QUOTE="Armored_cell"][QUOTE="tango90101"][QUOTE="Armored_cell"][QUOTE="tango90101"][QUOTE="Armored_cell"]

i'm still waiting for you to tell me how many were d/l... if it's that much, sony would be bragging... but they're not... i wonder why...;)

Why the lies? Stop winking at me you grown father :lol:

Sold 110,000 first week on BR and is top download on PSN. and why would Sony be bragging? Does Microsoft announce number of downloads of a game immediately after its released?

Keep on self-owning :D

EDIT: Did you just say "DAILY" I claim Sony has sold ovr 5 million PS3s? I just started posting here again last night! :lol: WTH are you smoking?

Ericvon71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Ericvon71
Member since 2004 • 3219 Posts
[QUOTE="kentaro22"][QUOTE="tango90101"][QUOTE="Armored_cell"][QUOTE="tango90101"][QUOTE="Armored_cell"]

Ermm...So?

/Thread.

tango90101

Self-Owned.

You can get your fanboy cookie today you bashed Sony, really original!

tango90101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 tango90101
[QUOTE="tango90101"][QUOTE="kentaro22"][QUOTE="tango90101"][QUOTE="Armored_cell"][QUOTE="tango90101"][QUOTE="Armored_cell"]

Ermm...So?

/Thread.

ramey70

Self-Owned.

as long as everyone in japan can buy the same model at the same price, it shouldn't be an issue...right?

the reality is; people buy different ones... even when it SHOULD be included in a "multiplayer only" game that is designed fro online play...

ramey70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ramey70

as long as everyone in japan can buy the same model at the same price, it shouldn't be an issue...right?

the reality is; people buy different ones... even when it SHOULD be included in a "multiplayer only" game that is designed fro online play...

tango90101

I don't think it will be an issue because Japanese gamers won't buy Warhawk, with a headset or without.

tango90101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 tango90101
[QUOTE="tango90101"][QUOTE="Armored_cell"][QUOTE="tango90101"][QUOTE="Armored_cell"][QUOTE="tango90101"][QUOTE="Armored_cell"]

Why the lies? :lol: Stop winking at me you grown father :lol:

Sold 110,000 first week on BR and is top download on PSN. and why would Sony be bragging? Does Microsoft announce number of downloads of a game immediately after its released?

Keep on self-owning :D

come back when you have stats like these..;)

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/10545/Latest-Xbox-Live-Facts-and-Stats/

being the top d/l game from PSN means little when it's the newest, most hyped, online game they have...when you think about it...

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Riverwolf007
the D/L version makes Sony a ton more money. I'm surprised they have a retail version at all. They'll probably make its availablity really limited in order to quietly force people to the D/L version.Dreams-Visions
Maybe, but I think they are making a pretty healthy markup on the headset, that Jabra it comes with can't cost more than $2.50 to make, other than the 2 foot long controller charge cable the Jabra is the shoddiest PS3 pack in I have ever seen.
kentaro22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 kentaro22
[QUOTE="ramey70"][QUOTE="tango90101"][QUOTE="kentaro22"][QUOTE="tango90101"][QUOTE="Armored_cell"][QUOTE="tango90101"][QUOTE="Armored_cell"]

Ermm...So?

/Thread.

tango90101

Self-Owned.

Why is that. Usually the Japanese consumer is more selective. The like difference of colors and models that adjust their personalities. The point is. Sony is NOT turning its back on Japan with this. I though lemming where all about choices... (not saying that you're one)
Armored_cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Armored_cell

That article is March 23rd 2006 :|

GET OUTTA HERE lol

oceansandearth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33 oceansandearth
Member since 2006 • 246 Posts

I just simply love how the lems keep on negating every PS3 achivement. The extents they will go to is astonishing. Now it is "No BR headsets". :lol:. Is this how you spend your time, thinking up on new ways to negate a successful PS3 game? Pretty sad if you ask me.

tango90101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 tango90101

That article is March 23rd 2006 :|

GET OUTTA HERE lol

Armored_cell

are you saying it's not true?

Prid3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#35 Prid3r
Member since 2004 • 8643 Posts

it's also the only decent thing on PSN :roll: . sorry but ... if Im going to buy a full game , I want it on a disk . Why ? because when im done with it , I go trade it for a new one ^^

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Riverwolf007

I just simply love how the lems keep on negating every PS3 achivement. The extents they will go to is astonishing. Now it is "No BR headsets". :lol:. Is this how you spend your time, thinking up on new ways to negate a successful PS3 game? Pretty sad if you ask me.

oceansandearth

Warhawk is full of win, but man, that first week I was so frustrated with it not working that it made me crazy.

Tbo no headset is no big deal anyway, you have to push a button to talk and most people(like 95%) never use it at all.

Trading_Zoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#37 Trading_Zoner
Member since 2007 • 4100 Posts

The game would have sold horribly there anyways. Bringing to the online store is a great move because it is a risk free thing.

The only thing they need to spend any real money on is localising it for the japanese. They don't need to press the discs and manufacture packaging.

AdolescentDon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#38 AdolescentDon
Member since 2005 • 9081 Posts
I don't understand why they would release WarHawk on BR anyway, wouldn't it be cheaper if they just used a DVD?!
Trading_Zoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#39 Trading_Zoner
Member since 2007 • 4100 Posts
[QUOTE="Armored_cell"]

[QUOTE="Prid3r"]not like I care about japanese gamers since I live in canada , but ....... dam ...... does Sony try to get everyone against them or what ? trying to prove something ? Prid3r

it's also the only decent thing on PSN :roll: . sorry but ... if Im going to buy a full game , I want it on a disk . Why ? because when im done with it , I go trade it for a new one ^^

Super star dust HD is fun, and so is calling all cars.

And The downloadable PS1 games for 6 bucks smashes XBLA by themself.

Kahuna_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Kahuna_1
Member since 2006 • 7948 Posts

Ermm...So?

/Thread.

tango90101

Self-Owned.

Ohh so I guess you only factor in a headset for one multiplayer game now right?:roll:.