Sony titanfall pre-emptive damage control

• 102 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by sts106mat (24190 posts) -

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-02-28-killzone-shadow-fall-multiplayer-will-be-completely-free-to-try

oh wow, so instead of playing the new fps king on the xb1, cone play killzone. hahaha

#2 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

Not really since it ends the day Titanfall releases

#3 Edited by AzatiS (14043 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-02-28-killzone-shadow-fall-multiplayer-will-be-completely-free-to-try

oh wow, so instead of playing the new fps king on the xb1, cone play killzone. hahaha

You mean instead of playing the new FPS king at its best on PC

#4 Posted by RedentSC (1241 posts) -

@lostrib said:

this ... now @sts106mat go back to your corner and think about the silly things you said

#5 Posted by TheTruthIsREAL (809 posts) -

Hyping a multiplat because there is nothing else to look foward to on the Xbox One. Lol.

#6 Posted by hiphops_savior (8439 posts) -

Now I know why Sony isn't letting people try the single player for free, it's shit.

#7 Posted by charizard1605 (82666 posts) -

But... this ends the day Titanfall releases, so if it's an attempt to take attention away from that, it's a rather spectacular, poorly planned failure.

#8 Posted by sts106mat (24190 posts) -

Hey i am only posting the article.

#9 Edited by sts106mat (24190 posts) -

@Azatis. Because maybe you already have an x1 or your friends do...or maybe your rather not have to play with hackers and aimbot shite

#10 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

actually no, you're posting the article and putting a fanboy spin on it; one that doesn't make a whole lot of sense

Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
#11 Edited by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

Oh hey that's cool. I've been wanting to give Shadowfall's multiplayer a try without having to actually spend money on it. I'm curious to see how it compares to BF4, which has been pissing me off beyond all comprehension lately.

#12 Posted by Dire_Weasel (16681 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

Your topic title says otherwise.

#13 Edited by sts106mat (24190 posts) -

@thehardofthinking ones. read the article. My title is "pre-emptive" that means before brainboxes.

#14 Posted by TheTruthIsREAL (809 posts) -

@sts106mat: Excuses for your stupidity

#15 Edited by sts106mat (24190 posts) -

@lostrib errr welcome to systemwars...home of fanboy thread titles

#16 Posted by MonsieurX (36995 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

Not sure,considering the title of your thread

#17 Posted by sts106mat (24190 posts) -

@thetruthisreal. How can it be an excuse when i created the thread with the title "pre-emptive"..... Or are you just one of the hardofthinking?

#18 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@lostrib errr welcome to systemwars...home of fanboy thread titles

Not just the thread title, but also the OP. So no, you did not just post the article. And your title and OP don't even make sense

#19 Posted by HitmanActual (873 posts) -

Just when you think lems couldn't possibly get any dumber...

By the way, what is this cone play Killzone you speak of? A new mode?...sounds interesting.

#20 Posted by sts106mat (24190 posts) -

@hitman. Yeah apologies for the spelling gamespot forums are a nightmare on my phone.

at the other ones who seem upset about my title and op, i found the story on twitter feed and thought it was relevant. go look at eurogamer's twitter feed. You will see the link there. Basically saying "killzone mp free in the run up to titanfall". if you can't se why that is system wars worthy then you are probably too butthurt to post.

#21 Edited by jake44 (2085 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@hitman. Yeah apologies for the spelling gamespot forums are a nightmare on my phone.

at the other ones who seem upset about my title and op, i found the story on twitter feed and thought it was relevant. go look at eurogamer's twitter feed. You will see the link there. Basically saying "killzone mp free in the run up to titanfall". if you can't se why that is system wars worthy then you are probably too butthurt to post.

Or you could be trying to make it seem like something it isn't.

#22 Posted by MBirdy88 (12196 posts) -

@TheTruthIsREAL said:

Hyping a multiplat because there is nothing else to look foward to on the Xbox One. Lol.

hyping a bgrade franchise like infamous because you literally have nothing to play this month is lol.

and dont say "the first one got a 9..." perfect dark zero charity.... the PS3 had no games and it was lightly rated... what a weak reptitive game.

#23 Edited by sts106mat (24190 posts) -

@jake44 go read the eurogamer tweet and see if you still think that. my phone wouldn't let me copy the tweet in here.

#24 Posted by jake44 (2085 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@jake44 go read the eurogamer tweet and see if you still think that. my phone wouldn't let me copy the tweet in here.

I still believe that.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
#25 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -

how smelly

#26 Edited by sts106mat (24190 posts) -

@jake. Cool. I stick with eurogamers belief that this is a Sony stunt to damage control one of the biggest games in years not releasing on ps4

#27 Edited by tymeservesfate (2230 posts) -

@lostrib said:

i think its more of an, "hey, don't worry. you've got this*awkward smile*" type deal lol...because Killzone is literally the only exclusive Sony has right now to compete with Titanfall. which sucks for cows. they have to get that, or just watch lems and hermits have a ball with the most anticipated game of the year.

it will sell some copies forsure. more than a few ps4 users will buy that game solely because Titanfall just released and they want something new too. then they'll trade it in soon there after...

#28 Edited by sts106mat (24190 posts) -

@jake44. Also the fact that they are allowing even none ps+ subscribers in also kind of backs me up

#29 Edited by jake44 (2085 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@jake. Cool. I stick with eurogamers belief that this is a Sony stunt to damage control one of the biggest games in years not releasing on ps4

Of course you do because you want more posts...just like they want more views by mentioning Titanfall. Regardless, nothing will stop the Titanfall hype train.

#30 Posted by Wasdie (53494 posts) -

Correlation does not imply causation.

#31 Posted by RR360DD (13731 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

But... this ends the day Titanfall releases, so if it's an attempt to take attention away from that, it's a rather spectacular, poorly planned failure.

"it's a rather spectacular, poorly planned failure."

Its Sony. What do you expect.

#32 Edited by sts106mat (24190 posts) -

@wasdie true but what do you really think?

@jake. I don't care about getting more posts pal. i am more than happy for mr wasdie to to be lock it now. its the weekend, i couldn't care less about posting on a website lol

enjoy your weekend folks

#33 Edited by Shewgenja (19223 posts) -

Lems lems lems lems lems...

The world does not revolve around your multiplat. Get over yourselves.

#34 Posted by tymeservesfate (2230 posts) -

@CrownKingArthur said:

how smelly

lol, smh.

#35 Posted by R4gn4r0k (27416 posts) -

@lostrib said:

Sony knows people would rather play Titanfall than Killzone :)

#36 Posted by treedoor (7648 posts) -

@lostrib said:

More like "Hey, try out this FPS game before you think about buying an Xbone for that other FPS game".

#37 Posted by handssss (1907 posts) -

didn't they already let people play Shadowfall's MP for a few days without paying around christmas time? Seems like something they just might wanna be doing every few months.

#38 Edited by juarbles (801 posts) -

xboners seem to be reaching new desperation levels with each passing minute. This brings their lack of intellect to light.

#39 Posted by shawn30 (4407 posts) -

@TheTruthIsREAL said:

There's plenty to look forward to on the One, but Titanfall is the biggest until we get release dates for the other games. Titanfall you know the game that is the topic of conversation at every gaming site online :) I can name three places where people can play it. But I can name one where you won't. PSBore :)

Titanfall, by all accounts, deserves all the hype its getting. I'm buying it on the One, but you can play it on the 360 and PC. You're welcome.

Avatar image for always_explicit
#40 Posted by always_explicit (3379 posts) -

@juarbles said:

xboners seem to be reaching new desperation levels with each passing minute. This brings their lack of intellect to light.

boring post is boring.

#41 Posted by TheTruthIsREAL (809 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

@TheTruthIsREAL said:

There's plenty to look forward to on the One, but Titanfall is the biggest until we get release dates for the other games. Titanfall you know the game that is the topic of conversation at every gaming site online :) I can name three places where people can play it. But I can name one where you won't. PSBore :)

Titanfall, by all accounts, deserves all the hype its getting. I'm buying it on the One, but you can play it on the 360 and PC. You're welcome.

I hope you enjoy your purchase. Titan Fall looks like a fun game to play but it's not my type of game so no loss.

#42 Posted by tdkmillsy (2681 posts) -

@AzatiS said:

@sts106mat said:

You mean instead of playing the new FPS king at its best on PC

Looks the same on PC and Xbox one.

PC hooked up to 24" monitor

Xbox One hooked up to 50" and surround sound system with Xbox One controller and the extra features the console includes.

Don't try and make out playing on PC costing the same price as Xbox One will have a better experience. Even if you could spend the extra money it gets you better resolution or FPS and that's it. It runs great on Xbox One.

#43 Edited by Animal-Mother (27353 posts) -

@RR360DD said:

@charizard1605 said:

5 million consoles sold beating their 3.2 million expectation not even 1/4th through the year.

#44 Posted by Animal-Mother (27353 posts) -

@RR360DD said:

@charizard1605 said:

5 million consoles sold beating their 3.2 million expectation not even 1/4th through the year.

#45 Posted by bforrester420 (3480 posts) -

Dumb thread is dumb

#46 Posted by lamprey263 (34630 posts) -

I wouldn't say every action taken in part to competition with market rivals amounts to damage control. Damage control would be telling people to ignore Titanfall because Bandai Namco has Mobile Suit Gundamn: Crossfire 2 coming out exclusively for PS4 and Vita.

#47 Posted by Chutebox (43386 posts) -

@bforrester420 said:

Dumb thread is dumb

#48 Posted by cainetao11 (32973 posts) -

@Wasdie:

Never does.

#49 Posted by I_can_haz (6511 posts) -

Dumb thread is dumb. Sony doesn't need to damage control considering the fact that PS4s are still selling like crack and KZSF has sold over 2.1 million copies.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
#50 Posted by deactivated-59b71619573a1 (38222 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

and putting a completely unrelated journalistic spin on it as thread bait