lifelessablaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1 lifelessablaze
Member since 2017 • 1066 Posts

Sony cares a lot more about presentation bc they rightfully believe it's one of the most important aspects in selling your new system to the consumer. MS on the other hand has a different philosophy. It's a weird one that doesn't make much sense. They think that the consumer won't care so much about presentation and yet expect them to make the jump and dump $500+ on a new powerful console to play crappy looking games like Minecraft and Halo at twice the frames and 4x the resolution.

Again, this is implying that consumers would care more about that than overall presentation. The key thing these companies use to show off their new next gen hardware is graphics. When millions of people saw that Halo Infinite demo, a lot of them are going to assume that MS is going to put out the weaker system again. It creates a precedent and this is exactly why Halo while started out as the savior, has now ended up as the killer of the brand. Plain and simple, targeting 60 frames was a terrible idea. RIP Xbox. You were a big part of my childhood.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 16047 Posts

https://www.purexbox.com/news/2020/07/bloober_team_confirms_the_medium_will_be_30fps_on_xbox_series_x

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Miles Morales is confirmed to be 4K 60fps. We don't know what their other PS5 games will run at yet. Try again troll.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Miles Morales is confirmed to be 4K 60fps. We don't know what their other PS5 games will run at yet. Try again troll.

miles morales on a ps4 cutscene vs ps5 vs halo.🤣

Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 2247 Posts

I think we will see plenty of games running at 30FPS for both consoles.

LouiXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LouiXIII
Member since 2015 • 10052 Posts

The Series X is a BEAST!!! Did you see how amazing Ori looked running at 120fps?

...ok, I'll admit it...I couldn't really see the difference in that and the 60fps version but hey, I'm sure Craig did xD

#WeLoveCraig

lifelessablaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By lifelessablaze
Member since 2017 • 1066 Posts

@tormentos:

You didn't do yourself any favors. You actually made Halo Infinite look good here lmao

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 227

#8  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17923 Posts

@louixiii said:

The Series X is a BEAST!!! Did you see how amazing Ori looked running at 120fps?

...ok, I'll admit it...I couldn't really see the difference in that and the 60fps version but hey, I'm sure Craig did xD

#WeLoveCraig

You wouldn't have seen the difference unless the video was 120fps. Also, I have played Ori at 120fps on PC. It is amazing.

As for the topic at hand. Frame rate is up to each developer. There are more possibilities now more than ever. A game that is running at 30fps at 4K can run at 60fps+ at lower resolutions as long as there is no CPU bottleneck (which is less likely now that these consoles will have a decent CPU). So, we will have to wait and see for each game. XSX is more powerful than PS5 though. So, there is more chance of higher frame rates and resolutions on it. Developers could also use that power to push graphics on it further than PS5 versions just like they do on PC.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39895 Posts

I reaaaally want to post a juicy Infinite gif, but i won't do it, i am controlling myself to not do it.

Robbie23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Robbie23
Member since 2015 • 2083 Posts

30 or 60 FPS I do not care unless the game is fun.

LouiXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 LouiXIII
Member since 2015 • 10052 Posts

@BassMan said:
@louixiii said:

#WeLoveCraig

You wouldn't have seen the difference unless the video was 120fps. Also, I have played Ori at 120fps on PC. It is amazing.

As for the topic at hand. Frame rate is up to each developer. There are more possibilities now more than ever. A game that is running at 30fps at 4K can run at 60fps+ at lower resolutions as long as there is no CPU bottleneck (which is less likely now that these consoles will have a decent CPU). So, we will have to wait and see for each game. XSX is more powerful than PS5 though. So, there is more chance of higher frame rates and resolutions on it. Developers could also use that power to push graphics on it further than PS5 versions just like they do on PC.

And that's true. We'll see what devs do with that added power

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9620 Posts

I would personally rather have 60 fps as a standard, but MS has dropped the ball a few times already heading into next gen and could easily fall into the early rut they did this gen.

I'm getting both day 1 so I can be my own judge (2 PS5's one for me and one for my kids and a XSX for myself as well)... however, MS had SONY right where they wanted them and has already dropped the ball and started flip flopping. I don't get it. MS has the power edge, so unless the hardware just isn't synced right or they are trying to push ray tracing or something too much is hard to say.

I will say this however. While I have never cared much for Halo campaigns (although I always play through them like CoD), the way the game was running and looked could very easily translate to an awesome MP (looked oldschool and I loved the style and movement) which is the franchises bread and butter.

I haven't enjoyed a Halo games mp since 2, and it's strange that although the graphics didn't match what I assume is really anyone's expectations (other than those who predicted the X1 would hold the XSX back) that the gameplay looked really good (a bit unpolished to say the least, but if they are planning a 10 year road map? Yeah.. I would MUCH rather nail gameplay now and worry about shine later). Sure, the sound and graphic effects were meh, but the animation, speed, and twitch movements looked great. I'm sure they will be working on those other things from now until launch since many were obviously place holder so I think oldschool gamers are in for a treat. However if not properly handled could just as easily become a fiasco they aren't prepared for. They need to be 100% invested in this game ((and from the sound of it they are)) and not bail out at the first signs of trouble. This could EASILY set a new precedent with games moving forward and I am ALL for that. Devs always prioritize the wrong things and now that it looks like they are prioritizing gameplay? Well.. I really can't complain.

Honestly, although the reveal of the game left more to be desired I can already tell they are focusing on MP and taking it back to its roots (if you ask why... well, it isn't really all that hard to see), and for that I applaud them. Give me a Halo 2 like multiplayer with new maps, modes, and a few updated mechanics and things like a season pass and I'm sold. I'm sick and tired of devs focusing on eye candy and skimping where it matters the most. If the game plays very arcadish, fast, tight, and has that nostalgic feeling then the game will absolutely kill it.

I can already tell the mp is going to be solid (at least as far as what I'm looking for).. it's clear they are pushing for performance with the game, and when it comes to online mp that is truly the most important thing. I actually hope that both MS and SONY take more games back to their roots with a fresh drawing board regarding performance over shine. It does seem a bit odd since MS has been touting a power advantage, but hey... if you can have the smoothest gameplay and the most powerful console then you can claim both even if one or the other doesn't really shine through.. I play games for fun and a competitive nature, if they look good (like Halo 5) but suck ass (like Halo 5.. this is an obvious imo) I'm not even the least bit interested.

Make Halo Great Again 2020... as odd as it is I'm easily more excited to see what's next for this game than I have been for a Halo game in a long time. Prioritize gameplay now and worry about extra shine later? Hell yeah, I'm sold if the performance doesn't take a noticeable hit or if we have the option to keep the bells and whistles turned off if they do.

I have been asking for this exact kind of thing for YEARS now, so I can't be a hater now (and would like to see that business model be successful if for nothing else other than to push more options on the performance side of things). Even if it does seem more than a little odd given the set of circumstances and MS's marketing to this point.. seems they are sending mixed signals and they need to get that sorted out and make it clear what their main objectives are... because while it won't scare away people like me (I actually see this as a good thing) it can easily lead back down a rabbit hole I'm sure they were trying to avoid. The average gamesr doesn't scour the net for every shred of info and pick it apart word for word like a lot of us do here, and first impressions can be a bitch..

Those who stuck this out and read my post to the end I applaud you. I play everything and am a fanboy of everything and nothing all the same. I wish MS and Halo the best of luck, and while others scramble and try to damage control or trash the game, I think I see through the issues while seeing the potential and understand what they are going for here. (at least I hope) Making games fun and competitive again. Something that is easily lost a lot of the time this past gen.

You have to give credit where credit is due, but now the ball is in their court and they have to decide what to do with it.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20269 Posts

@hardwenzen: Do it! Do it! Do it!

me2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 me2002
Member since 2002 • 3058 Posts

@tormentos:

this bro

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#15 2mrw
Member since 2008 • 6205 Posts

All we are asking for is a performance mode!

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34794 Posts

So, Xbox will be better and PS will sell more. Sounds about right.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

I thought the human eye couldn't see past 24fps or something and you lot couldn't tell the difference?

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@pelvist: I really hope this was just a weak attempt at a joke...

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#19 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

@pelvist: That's a common misconception. Each eye sees 12fps.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

@vfighter: /rolleyes...

Console gamers used to claim that you can't see the difference between 30/60fps because the human eye could only see at something like 24fps. Now they are arguing over which console will have more fps.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6857 Posts

No, it's not that simple.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I'm fine with next gen having stable 30fps. I don't really care about 60fps unless it's a VR game. At that point, I'd hope for 120fps to cut down motion sickness.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8512 Posts

Yeah sure because Hellblade 2, Fable and Avowed won't be 30FPS.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46652 Posts

@BassMan said:

I'd love to play Ori at 4K, HDR and 120fps but unfortunately there are no HDMI 2.1 cards yet.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7719 Posts

@R4gn4r0k: 1.4dp can do 10bit 4k 120hz with DSC, given you have monitor that supports it and Pascal-> gpu