Sony Still Bleeding: Games Division "Lackluster"

• 125 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@Lumpy311 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Lumpy311 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Lumpy311 said:

@Chutebox said:

Everything you just mentioned is what everyone already has, minus the videogames.

Now that's all in a single box.

One single unnecessary box. The only thing I don't have right now is a new game console. Two things decide which I buy....games and cost.

You are inserting your opinion in the argument, the casual sees different things from you.

Right...they go by price. Football is on TV...it's not necessary to have an Xbox to watch it.

Are you seriously ignoring everything else the XBONE can do?

Obvious Sony fanboy, can't see how a casual is gonna react to a well known, reliable brand.

I'm not a Sony fanboy. I didn't like MS ideas around E3. Turned me off their console. And football is not a selling point to the casuals because the damn games are on TV for free.

Lumpy311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By Lumpy311
Member since 2013 • 2009 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Lumpy311 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Lumpy311 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Lumpy311 said:

@Chutebox said:

Everything you just mentioned is what everyone already has, minus the videogames.

One single unnecessary box. The only thing I don't have right now is a new game console. Two things decide which I buy....games and cost.

You are inserting your opinion in the argument, the casual sees different things from you.

Right...they go by price. Football is on TV...it's not necessary to have an Xbox to watch it.

Obvious Sony fanboy, can't see how a casual is gonna react to a well known, reliable brand.

I'm not a Sony fanboy. I didn't like MS ideas around E3. Turned me off their console. And football is not a selling point to the casuals because the damn games are on TV for free.

Casuals again, don't give a shit about E3.

Believe it or not, it is.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@Lumpy311 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Lumpy311 said:

Casuals again, don't give a shit about E3.

Believe it or not, it is.

Could you try to at least follow the conversation? I was talking about myself since you were commenting on me. I already said casuals don't pay much attention. What they'll see when they go to buy the consoles are the price differential and a lot of the same games on both.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

@Heil68 said:

@picklesurprise said:

@Heil68 said:

Long as I got my PS4, I dont care. PS4 is a go, locked and loaded. Better strap one on TC, it's going to be a wild mother fvcking thrill ride. It's going to be like strapping an ICBM to your back and launching that mother fvcker. It will offer a barn bursting amount of world class, high scoring exclusives, just like the PS3. S

CEA president and CEO Jack Tretton added: “Our goal with PlayStation 4 is to deliver inspiring and creative play experiences that gamers have never seen before. The level of enthusiasm we’re seeing from GameStop customers demonstrates how the promise of PS4 is resonating with gamers, and we’re looking forward to unveiling more about the new platform in the coming months.Push the boundaries of play, Working with some of the most creative minds in the industry, PlayStation®4 delivers breathtaking and unique gaming experience”

Speaking of the PS3, I'd like to thank Sony corporation with a special shout out to Ken Kutaragi

Through your hard work and dedication, you have given us a system of the ages and console of the generation. A value that only you could imagine has unfolded before our very eyes and blossomed into something very beautiful.So, you see, we took small steps to success all along that hike. Together, they added up to hundreds of thousands of small steps. But we might have chosen not to take the first step. We might have stopped at any point along the way. That would have meant that we would not have gotten to our destination.

There were also obstacles along the way. But with each small step they were overcome.

There were frustrations, fears and uncertainties. But with each small step they were crushed.

There was hardship and danger, but with each small step and focus on the desired destination it was conquered.So you see, success is no mystery.

Because, as the Chinese philosopher Lao-tzu said: A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.

It takes only one small step to succeed and you have done it Ken. Bravo.

It goes without saying that a thanks is in order for Kazuo Hirai

You have taken Ken's vision and molded into something beautiful. All the world's your stage. And all the men and women merely players: A non-doer is very often a critic-that is, someone who sits back and watches doers, and then waxes philosophically about how the doers are doing. It's easy to be a critic, but not you Kaz, no being a doer requires effort, risk, and change and you have done a noble job. Bravo!

And last but certainly not least I'd like to thank

Jack Tretton, your loyalty, perseverance and dedication has helped Sony reach it's goals and making Sony the #1 console of choice.That is real freedom. That is being educated, and understanding how to think. The alternative is unconsciousness, the default setting, the rat race, the constant gnawing sense of having had, and lost, some infinite thing.You have dared to go where others have been scared to go Jack, Thank you and God bless Sony USA.

Didn't read this obvious pile of shit, but it is a little sad that you take so much time to post such obvious bullshit.

Apparently this never gets old for you, you must have a pretty simple mind. It's not good trolling when it makes you look like a drone sucking on corporate dick.

Telling the truth never gets old. It's obvious you dont practice Sony's Live, Learn and Love either. Maybe you should and begin the healing process.

seriously, you are a better poster than all the lemmings on this entire board, nothing but class in every one of your posts. This xbox fanboy comes out flaming you like a raving lunatic lol seriously kid get a grip.

Heil68 is all about dat live, learn, love...philosophy, it doesn't get old.

all xbox fanboys are full of anger and hate...must be that "if you don't worship MS and praise everything xbox we will idiotically hate everything you like and personally attack you" philosophy.

Honestly I find the lemming arguments are the ones that are old and simple, 3rd grade level mentality.

jhcho2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#105  Edited By jhcho2
Member since 2004 • 5103 Posts

Another one of those threads with cross comparisons of one division of a company with another. It makes as much sense as making the assumption that the failure of Windows 8 and Surface RT has any correlation with the possible success or failure of Xbox One.

When comparing company failures, none can compare to Microsoft. Microsoft is a juggernaut today due to pass successes. They haven't been doing that well in most of their business endeavors.

Windows OS - Every alternate new OS will be a failure. The OS after the failed one will be a success - ME (fail), XP (success), Vista (fail), 7 (success), 8 (fail)

Internet Explorer - Market capitalization of 90% in 2004 to 20% in 2013

Bing - Pfft. Who uses Bing.

Surface RT - Needs no explanation

Windows phones - Never took off and nobody likes em'

Xbox One - nearly a F' up. If gamers did not react the way they did, it would have been

Bottom line, MS is rich because luckily, for their OS's that were a success, their market capitalization is about 90%, especially in offices. But MS isn't a company with exemplary overall success

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#106 GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts

Actually, Microsoft's most successful line isn't Windows. It's business software such as Microsoft Office. They used to be about equal, but after Windows 8 came out the business division is leading by far.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50556 Posts

@Lumpy311 said:

@Chutebox said:

@Lumpy311 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Lumpy311 said:

@downnice95 said:

Sony game division weak? What does MS have besides Halo? Gears of War is done and Forza is a clone of GT.

Sony sold 78 million according to the IDC and the Xbox 360 has 79 it is the SAME!

And because Sony is a better company the PS3 will destroy the XBONE

No it won't, Game sales are pretty much the same, and casuals will love the XBONE.

Stay mad, PS4 retiring in 2016

Casuals tend to be the less expensive console.

American brand

American football on it

TV on it

Videogames on it

It's the meaning of Casual.

So you think casuals are going to stop using everything they already use and spend $500 for video games only? Come on.

What good is NFL on X1? Most probably have Sunday Ticket or just watch their local stations. X1 won't change that at all, besides having an X1 on passthrough for some stupid reason.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12061 Posts

@jhcho2 said:

Another one of those threads with cross comparisons of one division of a company with another. It makes as much sense as making the assumption that the failure of Windows 8 and Surface RT has any correlation with the possible success or failure of Xbox One.

When comparing company failures, none can compare to Microsoft. Microsoft is a juggernaut today due to pass successes. They haven't been doing that well in most of their business endeavors.

Windows OS - Every alternate new OS will be a failure. The OS after the failed one will be a success - ME (fail), XP (success), Vista (fail), 7 (success), 8 (fail)

Xbox One - nearly a F' up. If gamers did not react the way they did, it would have been

Bottom line, MS is rich because luckily, for their OS's that were a success, their market capitalization is about 90%, especially in offices. But MS isn't a company with exemplary overall success

Only failures blame success on luck. It is a disease that plagues most of society.

Dynamics massive success.

Azure massive success.

Sharepoint massive success.

DirectX massive success.

It amazes me the general hatred for a company that makes all of our lives easier. There is not a product or service that you consume that is not tied to MSoft in one way or another.

Troll on.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#109 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@kuu2 said:

More Buildings To Be Sold

I wonder what no money coupled with not having any "killer launch titles" will do to their bottom line?

Their gaming division has always lost money, so I'm not worried about that. I want to know how their Electronics and Movie division are doing? They make up the bulk of Sony's profits. If those divisions continue to sink Sony will be in trouble.

jhcho2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#110  Edited By jhcho2
Member since 2004 • 5103 Posts

@kuu2 said:

@jhcho2 said:

Only failures blame success on luck. It is a disease that plagues most of society.

Dynamics massive success.

Azure massive success.

Sharepoint massive success.

DirectX massive success.

It amazes me the general hatred for a company that makes all of our lives easier. There is not a product or service that you consume that is not tied to MSoft in one way or another.

Troll on.

Lol, all those you listed are basically infrastructures of Windows itself. We already know that Microsoft is indeed successful in Windows OS's (alternate ones at least). It's no doubt that infrastructure softwares would be successful as well

That's like saying the Android OS is successful, and so is Google Play, and counting both of them as two separate successes, while they are tied to one another. DirectX isn't so much successful as it is a blatent necessity. There was no way MS could have known how many GPU makers were going to be in the market 15 years ago. So if there were gonna be 5 GPU makers, nobody could afford having 5 different driver languages to run 5 different types of cards. DirectX was made to force all GPU makers to use one common language. Everyone benefits at the end of the day.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#111  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

We sold 5 billion dollars in assets and made a $400 million off of it, we're back to making a net profit!! (6 months later) Oh noooos, we ran out of assets to sell, how are we going to make a profit?!

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12061 Posts

@jhcho2 said:

Lol, all those you listed are basically infrastructures of Windows itself. We already know that Microsoft is indeed successful in Windows OS's (alternate ones at least). It's no doubt that infrastructure softwares would be successful as well

That's like saying the Android OS is successful, and so is Google Play, and counting both of them as two separate successes, while they are tied to one another. DirectX isn't so much successful as it is a blatent necessity. There was no way MS could have known how many GPU makers were going to be in the market 15 years ago. So if there were gonna be 5 GPU makers, nobody could afford having 5 different driver languages to run 5 different types of cards. DirectX was made to force all GPU makers to use one common language. Everyone benefits at the end of the day.

Um.......You are joking right?

Dynamics=ERP Nothing to do with Windows OS

Azure=Cloud Data Environment nothing to do with Windows OS

Sharepoint=Document sharing and revision system that can store anything on.

You should probably educate yourself on some of these services.

Troll harder.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#113 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

Lemmings can be so pathetic at times smh

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#114  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

@Murderstyle75 said:

@SUD123456:

Did you even look at the chart? Even without the original Xbox. 360 era losses were still greater than profit.

some cow not too long back thought it'd be funny to post an article showing how much MS lost with the Xbox and Xbox 360... funny thing was, that same article said how much Sony lost in the same stretch, that $3 bilion MS lost in it's gaming division, Sony lost $5 billion in its gaming division over that same time, so MS lost less over that same period

right now these companies are fighting for domination, they're going to dig into their pockets to achieve that, once the competitor is eliminated they can start attempting to make a profit, that seems to be why they're taking a loss

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

@blackace said:

@kuu2 said:

I wonder what no money coupled with not having any "killer launch titles" will do to their bottom line?

Their gaming division has always lost money, so I'm not worried about that. I want to know how their Electronics and Movie division are doing? They make up the bulk of Sony's profits. If those divisions continue to sink Sony will be in trouble.

"Their gaming division has always lost money"

No, they still made a profit. It's MS who never made any money with Xbox.

Look at this:

Lumpy311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Lumpy311

@Suppaman100 said:

@blackace said:

@kuu2 said:

Look at this:

So you admit Sony has been losing money in everything else?

Great.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Suppaman100

@Lumpy311 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@blackace said:

@kuu2 said:

Look at this:

Great.

And you admit that Xbox was a total failure for MS.

Great.

And as I said they make A LOT of money with life insurance. Sony isn't going anywhere, you should be more worried about Xbox leaving the market though.

Lumpy311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Lumpy311

@Suppaman100 said:

@Lumpy311 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@blackace said:

@kuu2 said:

Look at this:

Great.

Great.

And as I said they make A LOT of money with life insurance. Sony isn't going anywhere, you should be more worried about Xbox leaving the market though.

The original XBOX was, the 360 has been making them money for some years, apparently.

Your graph only proves Sony has been losing money.

GodspellWH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#119  Edited By GodspellWH
Member since 2013 • 1078 Posts

Both Sony and Microsoft have lost money it's one of the reason why this gen went so long.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Suppaman100

@Lumpy311 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@Lumpy311 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@blackace said:

@kuu2 said:

Look at this:

Great.

Great.

The original XBOX was, the 360 has been making them money for some years, apparently.

Srs, you are a COMPLETE IDIOT.

The graph shows Sony has made a profit while MS has LOST a lot of money.

You're one of the most pathetic lifeforms I've encountered on this board. (and that says a lot)

But your damage control is EPIC, thank for the entertainment lemming. AHAHAHAHA!!!

Lumpy311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Lumpy311

@Suppaman100 said:

@Lumpy311 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@Lumpy311 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@blackace said:

@kuu2 said:

Look at this:

Great.

Great.

You're one of the most pathetic lifeforms I've encountered on this board. (and that says a lot)

But your damage control is EPIC, thank for the entertainment lemming. AHAHAHAHA!!!

Lmao, Sony has been losing money for a while while Microsoft has been making money, you proved it with your graf, you are pathetic, and your posts are pathetic.

Cows are idiots.

Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Newhopes
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

@Suppaman100 said:

@Lumpy311 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@Lumpy311 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@blackace said:

@kuu2 said:

Look at this:

Great.

Great.

You really don't have a clue or simply can't read the information provided, I'll put it as easy as possible so even a simpleton can understand.

Xbox=profitable for the last 6 years.

Playstation=Lost money 6 of the last 7 years

So what does that tell us about the state of the two companies, even your pea sized brain should be able to understand.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Suppaman100

@Newhopes said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@Lumpy311 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@Lumpy311 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@blackace said:

@kuu2 said:

Look at this:

Great.

Great.

You really don't have a clue or simply can't read the information provided, I'll put it as easy as possible so even a simpleton can understand.

Xbox=profitable for the last 6 years.

Playstation=Lost money 6 of the last 7 years

So what does that tell us about the state of the two companies, even your pea sized brain should be able to understand.

And another pathetic moron enters the ring.

So you're implying that PS3 made no profit these last years? For your information, PS3 sold more these last years than 360.

Conclusion: Playstation made money for sony now and in the past, while MS made zero with the xbox.

But pls continue with you pathetic damage control though, it's very funny.

Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Newhopes

The PS3 is estimated to have cost Sony $5 billion in losses, little tip Sony lost money for every PS3 sold until july 2010 when they started to break even on units sold, the PSN outage cost Sony Billions far more than RROD cost MS and Software attachment for the PS3 has been low.

Xbox Is at about break even with the Xbox 360 and has been profitable since 2008.

Out of those which paints a better picture, lttle tip it's the one with 6 years profits behind it.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Suppaman100

@Newhopes said:

The PS3 is estimated to have cost Sony $5 billion in losses, little tip Sony lost money for every PS3 sold until july 2010 when they started to break even on units sold, the PSN outage cost Sony Billions far more than RROD cost MS and Software attachment for the PS3 has been low.

Xbox Is at about break even with the Xbox 360 and has been profitable since 2008.

Out of those which paints a better picture, lttle tip it's the one with 6 years profits behind it.

Unlike you, I post facts and sources. (the article is from january)

http://www.forbes.com/sites/adamhartung/2013/01/20/sell-microsoft-now-game-over-ballmer-loses/

"And Microsoft makes nothing from its xBox/Kinect entertainment division, while losing vast sums in its on-line division (negative $350M-$750M/quarter). "

In the end: MS made ZERO with Xbox. Playstation did make money for Sony.

And knowing that some important shareholders want MS to dump the Xbox division, the future doesn't look bright for Xbox. And these are not my words. Look at this:

http://microsoft-news.com/activist-shareholders-may-force-microsoft-to-sell-xbox-bing/

Also if you're not posting any sources, I and everyone else won't take you seriously and you'll be just one of the brainless, idiotic lemmings here.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@Suppaman100 said:

@blackace said:

@kuu2 said:

Look at this:

Where is the $11 billion that Sony lost with the PS3? lol!! I don't see that on this chart. LMAO!! Please get these fake numbers out of my face.

You're missing 2011, 2012, & 2013, where Sony lost billions more. Sony is still in the RED and will be even more after launching the PS4.

http://www.vg247.com/2009/10/30/sony-ps-division-has-lost-4-7-billion-since-launching-ps3/

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/sony-lost-5-billion-on-ps3-losing-more-money-than--29131319/

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Suppaman100

@blackace said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@blackace said:

@kuu2 said:

Look at this:

Where is the $11 billion that Sony lost with the PS3? lol!! I don't see that on this chart. LMAO!! Please get these fake numbers out of my face.

http://www.vg247.com/2009/10/30/sony-ps-division-has-lost-4-7-billion-since-launching-ps3/

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/sony-lost-5-billion-on-ps3-losing-more-money-than--29131319/

Since we're talking articles here:

http://www.neowin.net/news/report-microsofts-xbox-division-has-lost-nearly-3-billion-in-10-years

The PS division still made money for Sony in total. (Thanks to PS1 and PS2)

And the articles you posted mentioned a loss in their electronics division, it's not only about PS.

Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Newhopes

The chart only covers the actual gaming divison

@Suppaman100 said:

@Newhopes said:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/adamhartung/2013/01/20/sell-microsoft-now-game-over-ballmer-loses/

"And Microsoft makes nothing from its xBox/Kinect entertainment division, while losing vast sums in its on-line division (negative $350M-$750M/quarter). "

And knowing that some important shareholders want MS to dump the Xbox division, the future doesn't look bright for Xbox. And these are not my words. Look at this:

http://microsoft-news.com/activist-shareholders-may-force-microsoft-to-sell-xbox-bing/

Also if you're not posting any sources, I and everyone else won't take you seriously and you'll be just one of the brainless, idiotic lemmings here.

The more you post the more stupid you look, thats all I have to say.

OH learn some basic economics.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Suppaman100

@Newhopes said:

The chart only covers the actual gaming divison

@Suppaman100 said:

@Newhopes said:

The more you post the more stupid you look, thats all I have to say.

OH learn some basic economics.

"Learn economics" The irony, LOL. This is becoming hilarious.

Now you're ignoring my articles from FORBES and MICROSOFT-NEWS? I'll quote my FORBES article again but you'll probably ignore it.

"Microsoft makes nothing from its xBox/Kinect entertainment division"

But what was to expect from a lemming who's been owned constantly since the Xbone reveal.