Sony Still Bleeding: Games Division "Lackluster"

• 125 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12060 Posts

More Buildings To Be Sold

I wonder what no money coupled with not having any "killer launch titles" will do to their bottom line?

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2  Edited By X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

Do you think that their gaming division brings in the most money for the company?

HaRmLeSS_RaGe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By HaRmLeSS_RaGe
Member since 2012 • 1330 Posts

The writing is on the wall. Sad times indeed for Sony. RIP.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 kuu2

@X_CAPCOM_X said:

Do you think that their gaming division brings in the most money for the company?

During PS2 years it was very profitable for them. Now it is a bloated anchor around their necks.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 kuu2

@HaRmLeSS_RaGe said:

I hope not. Sony is needed for competition, I am hoping for a PlayStation brand buyout when they declare bankruptcy.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

Probably a reason why no mp3 support. They want u forced to pay for music unlimited if u want music and I am sure they will have similar tv and movie approaches.

Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By Newhopes
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

Sony's been bleeding money for the last 10+ years.....

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178831 Posts

@HaRmLeSS_RaGe said:

MS' games division isn't exactly bringing in the money either. It's all about diversification.

Netherscourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By Netherscourge
Member since 2003 • 16364 Posts

@kuu2 said:

I wonder what no money coupled with not having any "killer launch titles" will do to their bottom line?

They have exactly 22 Day-One Launch games (most of any console in history from what I understand) and every single PS4 Unit Pre-Order is sold out.

I think they'll do just fine...

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Murderstyle75
Member since 2011 • 4412 Posts

@kuu2:

Answer me this. What were the "Killer" PS2 launch titles?

Sony also already gave two new IP's this year while Microsoft gave none.

Releasing great games at launch is a huge waste of money and releasing something like TLOU on the next gen instead of the current gen most likely means less than 1 million sold instead of the 4 million it already sold.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

@LJS9502_basic: yea I am kid of surprised Sony didn't follow the ms route closer with all in one media center. If u control the living room (tv sports, movies, games, music) you control the entire family's entertainment spending

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

Oh noes lol.

720P

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 LJS9502_basic

@AutoPilotOn said:

@LJS9502_basic: yea I am kid of surprised Sony didn't follow the ms route closer with all in one media center. If u control the living room (tv sports, movies, games, music) you control the entire family's entertainment spending

Oh I meant in investments....not game consoles. Anyway MS has some competition there as well....boxes are being sold for well below the cost of the X1 to create smart TVs.

XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By XxR3m1xInHDn3D
Member since 2013 • 2365 Posts

Poor Cows. They have too much nostalgia and pride to ever part with Sony. They will go down with their ship. May you all rest in peace

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 kuu2

@Murderstyle75 said:

@kuu2:

Releasing great games at launch is a huge waste of money and releasing something like TLOU on the next gen instead of the current gen most likely means less than 1 million sold instead of the 4 million it already sold.

They didn't have any. They also were going up against two crippled companies in Sega and Nintendo when the PS2 launched. Playing against the juggernaut MSoft is an entirely different matter.

Please stop comparing the PS2 era to this upcoming one. Sega was bankrupt before the Dreamcast even launched much like Sony this go around. Nintendo was also in the crapper with the GameCube and MSoft did not launch their first system until a year after the PS2. Nothing is similar about that gen and this one.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 kuu2

@Netherscourge said:

@kuu2 said:

They have exactly 22 Day-One Launch games (most of any console in history from what I understand) and every single PS4 Unit Pre-Order is sold out.

And yet even non gaming mags like GQ are declaring that Sony doesn't have compelling software to push systems out the door at launch. Yes the PS4 will sell out during the holiday season but as we saw with the PS3 no software means belly up in Q1/2.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60695 Posts

Long as I got my PS4, I dont care. PS4 is a go, locked and loaded. Better strap one on TC, it's going to be a wild mother fvcking thrill ride. It's going to be like strapping an ICBM to your back and launching that mother fvcker. It will offer a barn bursting amount of world class, high scoring exclusives, just like the PS3. S

CEA president and CEO Jack Tretton added: “Our goal with PlayStation 4 is to deliver inspiring and creative play experiences that gamers have never seen before. The level of enthusiasm we’re seeing from GameStop customers demonstrates how the promise of PS4 is resonating with gamers, and we’re looking forward to unveiling more about the new platform in the coming months.Push the boundaries of play, Working with some of the most creative minds in the industry, PlayStation®4 delivers breathtaking and unique gaming experience”

Speaking of the PS3, I'd like to thank Sony corporation with a special shout out to Ken Kutaragi

Through your hard work and dedication, you have given us a system of the ages and console of the generation. A value that only you could imagine has unfolded before our very eyes and blossomed into something very beautiful.So, you see, we took small steps to success all along that hike. Together, they added up to hundreds of thousands of small steps. But we might have chosen not to take the first step. We might have stopped at any point along the way. That would have meant that we would not have gotten to our destination.

There were also obstacles along the way. But with each small step they were overcome.

There were frustrations, fears and uncertainties. But with each small step they were crushed.

There was hardship and danger, but with each small step and focus on the desired destination it was conquered.So you see, success is no mystery.

Because, as the Chinese philosopher Lao-tzu said: A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.

It takes only one small step to succeed and you have done it Ken. Bravo.

It goes without saying that a thanks is in order for Kazuo Hirai

You have taken Ken's vision and molded into something beautiful. All the world's your stage. And all the men and women merely players: A non-doer is very often a critic-that is, someone who sits back and watches doers, and then waxes philosophically about how the doers are doing. It's easy to be a critic, but not you Kaz, no being a doer requires effort, risk, and change and you have done a noble job. Bravo!

And last but certainly not least I'd like to thank

Jack Tretton, your loyalty, perseverance and dedication has helped Sony reach it's goals and making Sony the #1 console of choice.That is real freedom. That is being educated, and understanding how to think. The alternative is unconsciousness, the default setting, the rat race, the constant gnawing sense of having had, and lost, some infinite thing.You have dared to go where others have been scared to go Jack, Thank you and God bless Sony USA.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

Nowhere in that article did it say anything about Sony selling anymore buildings.

Oh and...“In the Game segment, operating loss significantly increased year-on-year primarily due to an increase in research and development expenses related to the upcoming introduction of the PlayStation 4 and the impact of a strategic price reduction for the PS Vita.”

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

@AutoPilotOn said:

Oh I meant in investments....not game consoles. Anyway MS has some competition there as well....boxes are being sold for well below the cost of the X1 to create smart TVs.

Yeah but none do what the One does and game exclusively. There is no one device that out the box does what the One does. And you will need a few devices to accomplish that.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

720p LOL!!

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 LJS9502_basic

@kuu2 said:

@Murderstyle75 said:

@kuu2:

They didn't have any. They also were going up against two crippled companies in Sega and Nintendo when the PS2 launched. Playing against the juggernaut MSoft is an entirely different matter.

Please stop comparing the PS2 era to this upcoming one. Sega was bankrupt before the Dreamcast even launched much like Sony this go around. Nintendo was also in the crapper with the GameCube and MSoft did not launch their first system until a year after the PS2. Nothing is similar about that gen and this one.

Oh come on be honest. Juggernaut? MS only leads in NA. That's not juggernaut. And Sony has either caught up or passed MS in consoles sold with one less year on the market. Juggernaut my ass.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

@Heil68 said:

Long as I got my PS4, I dont care. PS4 is a go, locked and loaded. Better strap one on TC, it's going to be a wild mother fvcking thrill ride. IT's going to be like strapping an ICBM to your back and launch that mother fvcking. It will offer a barn bursting amount fo world class, high scoring exclusives, just like the PS3.

CEA president and CEO Jack Tretton added: “Our goal with PlayStation 4 is to deliver inspiring and creative play experiences that gamers have never seen before. The level of enthusiasm we’re seeing from GameStop customers demonstrates how the promise of PS4 is resonating with gamers, and we’re looking forward to unveiling more about the new platform in the coming months.Push the boundaries of play, Working with some of the most creative minds in the industry, PlayStation®4 delivers breathtaking and unique gaming experience”It will offer a barn bursting amount of world class, high scoring exclusives, just like the PS3. Day fvcking 1. Speaking of the PS3, I'd like to thank Sony corporation with a special shout out to Ken Kutaragi

Through your hard work and dedication, you have given us a system of the ages and console of the generation. A value that only you could imagine has unfolded before our very eyes and blossomed into something very beautiful.So, you see, we took small steps to success all along that hike. Together, they added up to hundreds of thousands of small steps. But we might have chosen not to take the first step. We might have stopped at any point along the way. That would have meant that we would not have gotten to our destination.

There were also obstacles along the way. But with each small step they were overcome.

There were frustrations, fears and uncertainties. But with each small step they were crushed.

There was hardship and danger, but with each small step and focus on the desired destination it was conquered.So you see, success is no mystery.

Because, as the Chinese philosopher Lao-tzu said: A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.

You have taken Ken's vision and molded into something beautiful. All the world's your stage. And all the men and women merely players: A non-doer is very often a critic-that is, someone who sits back and watches doers, and then waxes philosophically about how the doers are doing. It's easy to be a critic, but not you Kaz, no being a doer requires effort, risk, and change and you have done a noble job. Bravo!

Jack Tretton, your loyalty, perseverance and dedication has helped Sony reach it's goals and making Sony the #1 console of choice.That is real freedom. That is being educated, and understanding how to think. The alternative is unconsciousness, the default setting, the rat race, the constant gnawing sense of having had, and lost, some infinite thing.You have dared to go where others have been scared to go Jack, Thank you and God bless Sony USA.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@shawn30 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@AutoPilotOn said:

Yeah but none do what the One does and game exclusively. There is no one device that out the box does what the One does. And you will need a few devices to accomplish that.

Well let's look at this a bit. If someone isn't into games...the box they buy will suit their needs well enough. MS has to convince gamers they are the way to go while costing more money for the purchase. Sony learned the hard way that more expensive is not a good thing. Xbox fans will buy the X1. Sony fans will buy the PS4. And the people in the middle tend to vote with their wallet. Couple that with the red ring fiasco......and you will see a percentage switch to PS4. The question is....how many? Remember MS only dominates in NA.

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts

@Heil68:

Whoa. O_______O

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Murderstyle75

@kuu2:

Yet the Dreamcast had all the games that should have sent the masses flocking. But instead, they flocked to flat out garbage like Fantavision and Kessen.

PSOne didnt have killer launch games either and they were the new kid on the block.

Sony has "Never" had good launch games. They don't need them. The fanboys will deplete all launch stock regardless just like the Xbox One fanboys who are praising flops like Dead Rising and Killer Instinct which only two years ago, M$ wanted no part of because they said it wouldn't sell.

PS4 is sold out everywhere. Why would they need any more games that will sell less than a million copies anyway?

Today's modern gamer doesn't even look at most games based on quality. Well they kind of do however its more about what's hot at the moment like a 12 year old girls music preference. By the time inventory replenishes after the holidays are over, these launch games will already see price drops. Why waste money on that? Best strategy is to bring out good games when you are satisfying more than already sold out preorders.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 kuu2

@LJS9502_basic said:

@kuu2 said:

@Murderstyle75 said:

@kuu2:

Oh come on be honest. Juggernaut? MS only leads in NA. That's not juggernaut. And Sony has either caught up or passed MS in consoles sold with one less year on the market. Juggernaut my ass.

As far as a company MSoft is bigger than Sega, Sony, and Nintendo combined. Their Xbox business is a babe in the woods compared to Sony and Nintendo and yet they took market share from Sony last gen almost crippling the company.

Like I said earlier I don't want to see the PlayStation brand fail but man it is looking very grim at this point.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

Yet MS has lost the most money of them all with the Xbox.

Even important shareholders are saying they should dump Xbox.

http://microsoft-news.com/activist-shareholders-may-force-microsoft-to-sell-xbox-bing/

If we see one of them go, it'll be Xbox.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 shawn30

@LJS9502_basic said:

@shawn30 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@AutoPilotOn said:

Well let's look at this a bit. If someone isn't into games...the box they by will suit their needs well enough. MS has to convince gamers they are the way to go while costing more money for the purchase. Sony learned the hard way that more expensive is not a good thing. Xbox fans will buy the X1. Sony fans will buy the PS4. And the people in the middle tend to vote with their wallet. Couple that with the red ring fiasco......and you will see a percentage switch to PS4. The question is....how many? Remember MS only dominates in NA.

1. The Xbox One is a gaming console. These will release within the first year alone.

Halo 5 (343i)
Black Tusk game (name not announced)
Fable Legends (Lionhead)
Sunset Overdrive (Insomniac)
Quantum Break (Remedy)
Kinect Sports Rivals (Rare)
Killer Instinct (Double Helix/Rare)
Ryse (Crytek)
Forza 5 (Turn10)
Dead Rising 3 (Capcom Vancouver)
Crimson Dragon (Land Ho/Grounding)
Zoo Tycoon (Frontier Developments)
Below (Capybara Games)
D4 (Access Games)

Not to mention they have other new studios opened: MS Victoria, Lift London, Soho Products, MS Osaka. Also have Big Park, Twisted Pixel (Lococycle for XBO/360), Press Play (Max: The Curse of the Brotherhood for XBO/360)

2. Voice/Motion control for gaming, OS navigation, television navigation, snapping of two apps at once, eventual Windows 8 integration, exclusive programming, Xbox Line, multiplayer dedicated servers for all games.

Overall all of that either reaches you or it doesn't. And its cool either way as I have no issue with anyone buying what they like. But we live in a device world 600 dollar cell phones and tablets over that. The extra hundred matters, but when you see everything else the One does, for those that want it they'll sacrifice the graphics crown to Sony for everything else the system does. For those who could give a rats ass about the features, they'll likely buy a PS4 unless they want the MS exclusives.Whats read online and in forums versus what you see and play in person can likely change alot of perceptions as well. How is to be determined. Just my two cents.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 LJS9502_basic

@kuu2 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@kuu2 said:

@Murderstyle75 said:

@kuu2:

As far as a company MSoft is bigger than Sega, Sony, and Nintendo combined. Their Xbox business is a babe in the woods compared to Sony and Nintendo and yet they took market share from Sony last gen almost crippling the company.

Like I said earlier I don't want to see the PlayStation brand fail but man it is looking very grim at this point.

That doesn't really matter. MS has shareholders that don't like divisions that fail. So even if MS makes money divisions can be terminated or sold off. It's the business world and net profit matters.

Anyway I think Sony will win this generation. MS made some missteps and they never really dominated the gaming community anyway. Not to say I want them to fail. Just being realistic here.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#30  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@X_CAPCOM_X said:

it makes more money than they Camera/TV divisions. That's why after Kaz took over he restructured the company to make the gaming division be one of the pillars of the company.

Netherscourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31  Edited By Netherscourge
Member since 2003 • 16364 Posts

@kuu2 said:

@Netherscourge said:

@kuu2 said:

And yet even non gaming mags like GQ are declaring that Sony doesn't have compelling software to push systems out the door at launch. Yes the PS4 will sell out during the holiday season but as we saw with the PS3 no software means belly up in Q1/2.

So now you're quoting non-gaming Magazines?

ok. anyway...

1. The PS4 is $100 cheaper than the XB1.

2. The PS4 has higher resolution multiplats than the XB1.

3. The PS4 has a $10 cheaper online gateway than the XB1, and the free-2-play games don't require a PS+ subscription to play online; and none of the PS4 hardware requires a subscription to the online gateway to use.

4. The PS4 will be available in 32 countries at launch; the XB1 will only launch in 21 countries.

5. The PS4 has way higher total Pre-order numbers for PS4 games than XB1 games, including the multiplats, than the XB1 does (only exception is CoD:G, which is only 720p on the XB1)

Yea, Sony is looking at going belly-up in Q1/Q2, around the time Destiny, DriveClub, ESO, Watchdogs, and a slew of other games launches, which will sell more on the PS4 just based on total install base at the time. Then games like The Order 1886, MLB the Show and whatever else Naughty Dog is working on will be shown and even more hype/interest will build for the PS4.

Sony isn't going ANYWHERE for a LOOOOOONG TIME.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6946 Posts

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

Nowhere in that article did it say anything about Sony selling anymore buildings.

Oh and...“In the Game segment, operating loss significantly increased year-on-year primarily due to an increase in research and development expenses related to the upcoming introduction of the PlayStation 4 and the impact of a strategic price reduction for the PS Vita.”

Just a slight clarification. The line you quote is in the consolidated 6 months YTD discussion. In the quarterly discussion R&D is not mentioned. Instead, the two factors are Vita pricing and negative foreign exchange. This would seem to make intuitive sense since I doubt they were doing much, if any, remaining R&D in the Jul - Sep period.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@shawn30 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Well let's look at this a bit. If someone isn't into games...the box they by will suit their needs well enough. MS has to convince gamers they are the way to go while costing more money for the purchase. Sony learned the hard way that more expensive is not a good thing. Xbox fans will buy the X1. Sony fans will buy the PS4. And the people in the middle tend to vote with their wallet. Couple that with the red ring fiasco......and you will see a percentage switch to PS4. The question is....how many? Remember MS only dominates in NA.

1. The Xbox One is a gaming console. These will release within the first year alone.

Halo 5 (343i)

Fable Legends (Lionhead)

Quantum Break (Remedy)

Ryse (Crytek)

Forza 5 (Turn10)

Below (Capybara Games)

D4 (Access Games)

Not to mention they have other new studios opened: MS Victoria, Lift London, Soho Products, MS Osaka. Also have Big Park, Twisted Pixel (Lococycle for XBO/360), Press Play (Max: The Curse of the Brotherhood for XBO/360)

2. Voice/Motion control for gaming, OS navigation, television navigation, snapping of two apps at once, eventual Windows 8 integration, exclusive programming, Xbox Line, multiplayer dedicated servers for all games.

Overall all of that either reaches you or it doesn't. And its cool either way as I have no issue with anyone buying what they like. But we live in a device world 600 dollar cell phones and tablets over that. The extra hundred matters, but when you see everything else the One does, for those that want it they'll sacrifice the graphics crown to Sony for everything else the system does. For those who could give a rats ass about the features, they'll likely buy a PS4 unless they want the MS exclusives.Whats read online and in forums versus what you see and play in person can likely change alot of perceptions as well. How is to be determined. Just my two cents.

You're missing the big picture. MS has never dominated a console generation. They had some failures with the 360 that turned off some people that picked it up due to cost. The X1 will cost more. That hurt Sony that dominated the previous generation. It will certainly hurt MS who hasn't dominated.

Not everyone is enthusiastic about those games. I can tell you right now none of them give me the desire to pick up the X1. I'm not definitely saying down the road I won't pick it up with a price drop and after seeing how MS rebounds from the policies I didn't like that they back pedaled on...but right now they aren't system sellers up there. I doubt I'm alone in that thinking.

As for the extras....dude I just pick up a remote or controller and I can easily switch without getting up. So for the price....not a system seller.

If we're being honest here....what MS has in the X1 will thrill their fanboys. That's okay. But they need more than that this gen.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By kuu2

@LJS9502_basic said:

@kuu2 said:

That doesn't really matter. MS has shareholders that don't like divisions that fail. So even if MS makes money divisions can be terminated or sold off. It's the business world and net profit matters.

Anyway I think Sony will win this generation. MS made some missteps and they never really dominated the gaming community anyway. Not to say I want them to fail. Just being realistic here.

And Sony doesn't have shareholders?????

The Xbox division has been making money for years. It lost money early but is now profitable year over year. Sony's gaming division has lost money year over year for almost the last decade.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Murderstyle75

@kuu2:

Xbox didnt turn a single profit until 2008. Their only good year was 2011. Over the course of 10 years, Xbox losses totaled 3 billion.

http://www.neowin.net/news/report-microsofts-xbox-division-has-lost-nearly-3-billion-in-10-years

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 kuu2

@Murderstyle75 said:

@kuu2:

Xbox didnt turn a single profit until 2008. Their only good year was 2011. Over the course of 10 years, Xbox losses totaled 3 billion.

http://www.neowin.net/news/report-microsofts-xbox-division-has-lost-nearly-3-billion-in-10-years

So where was I wrong then????

I said year over year they have been making money for a while. You should probably take an accounting class if you don't know what year over year means. And any year you make a profit is good. Don't look at Sony's losses over the last 10 years it will make that 3billion look like chump change.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@Heil68 said:

Long as I got my PS4, I dont care. PS4 is a go, locked and loaded. Better strap one on TC, it's going to be a wild mother fvcking thrill ride. IT's going to be like strapping an ICBM to your back and launch that mother fvcking. It will offer a barn bursting amount fo world class, high scoring exclusives, just like the PS3.

CEA president and CEO Jack Tretton added: “Our goal with PlayStation 4 is to deliver inspiring and creative play experiences that gamers have never seen before. The level of enthusiasm we’re seeing from GameStop customers demonstrates how the promise of PS4 is resonating with gamers, and we’re looking forward to unveiling more about the new platform in the coming months.Push the boundaries of play, Working with some of the most creative minds in the industry, PlayStation®4 delivers breathtaking and unique gaming experience”It will offer a barn bursting amount of world class, high scoring exclusives, just like the PS3. Day fvcking 1. Speaking of the PS3, I'd like to thank Sony corporation with a special shout out to Ken Kutaragi

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

@kuu2 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@kuu2 said:

The Xbox division has been making money for years. It lost money early but is now profitable year over year. Sony's gaming division has lost money year over year for almost the last decade.

False, the Xbox division still hasn't made any net profit.

Xbone could be the last Xbox console.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By shawn30

@Heil68 said:

Long as I got my PS4, I dont care. PS4 is a go, locked and loaded. Better strap one on TC, it's going to be a wild mother fvcking thrill ride. It's going to be like strapping an ICBM to your back and launching that mother fvcker. It will offer a barn bursting amount of world class, high scoring exclusives, just like the PS3. S

CEA president and CEO Jack Tretton added: “Our goal with PlayStation 4 is to deliver inspiring and creative play experiences that gamers have never seen before. The level of enthusiasm we’re seeing from GameStop customers demonstrates how the promise of PS4 is resonating with gamers, and we’re looking forward to unveiling more about the new platform in the coming months.Push the boundaries of play, Working with some of the most creative minds in the industry, PlayStation®4 delivers breathtaking and unique gaming experience”

Speaking of the PS3, I'd like to thank Sony corporation with a special shout out to Ken Kutaragi

That was a epic post. You almost made me want a Sony console :) Almost, lol

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@shawn30: might have been epic if it wasn't the 10000th time Heil copied and pasted that. Dude has become as lazy and predictable as his bovine brethren. Sad since he used to be somewhat entertaining. :(

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Murderstyle75

@kuu2:

Since profits have never come even close to making up for the losses, Microsoft isn't making jack shit off the brand. Its only going to get worse since the XO will create losses for a very long time. Now if the 360 couldn't recoup the losses, what makes you think X0 will.

As for Sony? They have seen losses as well however their loses have little to nothing to do with their gaming division.

Most of it is from their television market. And a big chunk of it which people ignore are deferred tax credits. Basically money they never made to begin with but still have to report as losses.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 shawn30

@LJS9502_basic said:

@shawn30 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Halo 5 (343i)

Fable Legends (Lionhead)

Quantum Break (Remedy)

Ryse (Crytek)

Forza 5 (Turn10)

Below (Capybara Games)

D4 (Access Games)

You're missing the big picture. MS has never dominated a console generation. They had some failures with the 360 that turned off some people that picked it up due to cost. The X1 will cost more. That hurt Sony that dominated the previous generation. It will certainly hurt MS who hasn't dominated.

Not everyone is enthusiastic about those games. I can tell you right now none of them give me the desire to pick up the X1. I'm not definitely saying down the road I won't pick it up with a price drop and after seeing how MS rebounds from the policies I didn't like that they back pedaled on...but right now they aren't system sellers up there. I doubt I'm alone in that thinking.

As for the extras....dude I just pick up a remote or controller and I can easily switch without getting up. So for the price....not a system seller.

If we're being honest here....what MS has in the X1 will thrill their fanboys. That's okay. But they need more than that this gen.

Games and features either will or won't thrill people who look at the console. Its obvious the features don't matter to you, but again, everyone doens't feel that way. Same for the games. Hell, I honestly sand seriously feel the PS4 games are way behind what the One has coming, resolution and all. At the end of the day it comes down to opinion and what matters to the individual gamer. We will see who made the right choice in the end.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

Not surprising in the slightest. I feel bad for cows buying a PS4 thinking they'll get the same level of support as the PS3 got. No chance. What you see now is what you get. The odd blockbuster with a ton of indie filler (which might be cool for some, but not for me)

Of course in reality the majority of PS3 exclusives were mediocre (bar the usual suspects - Naught Dog games etc) but cows sure did like to list everything around here to paint a pretty picture. You won't see trash like Warhawk / Starhawk or Twisted Metal on PS4 because Sony have shut down or cut ties with the studios behind them.

I just wonder what the next Sony 1st party studio to get shut down is. Wouldn't be surprised if its Sucker Punch.

TheTruthIsREAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 TheTruthIsREAL
Member since 2013 • 813 Posts

Microsoft gaming division is doing good because you know... Their investors are requesting that their xbox division gets sold all together LOL

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@kuu2 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@kuu2 said:

Actually no. The Xbox division has not been making money for years.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 LJS9502_basic

@shawn30 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@shawn30 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Halo 5 (343i)

Fable Legends (Lionhead)

Quantum Break (Remedy)

Ryse (Crytek)

Forza 5 (Turn10)

Below (Capybara Games)

D4 (Access Games)

Games and features either will or won't thrill people who look at the console. Its obvious the features don't matter to you, but again, everyone doens't feel that way. Same for the games. Hell, I honestly sand seriously feel the PS4 games are way behind what the One has coming, resolution and all. At the end of the day it comes down to opinion and what matters to the individual gamer. We will see who made the right choice in the end.

There is a difference between being interested in a console...and flat out denying the technology behind it. You seem to fall into the second part.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60695 Posts

@picklesurprise said:

@Heil68 said:

Didn't read this obvious pile of shit, but it is a little sad that you take so much time to post such obvious bullshit.

Apparently this never gets old for you, you must have a pretty simple mind. It's not good trolling when it makes you look like a drone sucking on corporate dick.

Telling the truth never gets old. It's obvious you dont practice Sony's Live, Learn and Love either. Maybe you should and begin the healing process.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6946 Posts

@Murderstyle75 said:

@kuu2:

Since profits have never come even close to making up for the losses, Microsoft isn't making jack shit off the brand. Its only going to get worse since the XO will create losses for a very long time. Now if the 360 couldn't recoup the losses, what makes you think X0 will.

As for Sony? They have seen losses as well however their loses have little to nothing to do with their gaming division.

Most of it is from their television market. And a big chunk of it which people ignore are deferred tax credits. Basically money they never made to begin with but still have to report as losses.

I am going to assume you do not have an understanding of either finance or accounting. The losses from original Xbox are irrelevant in assessing the success or otherwise of the 360 from a financial perspective. Or from an X1 forward investment perspective.

Similarly, one does not make decisions at Ford about the current viability or future prospects of the Mustang by adding up the results of all the years since it was introduced in 1964.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Murderstyle75

@SUD123456:

Did you even look at the chart? Even without the original Xbox. 360 era losses were still greater than profit.