Sony skipping E3 confirms they have nothing to show.

• 62 results
#1 Posted by misrespect (84 posts) -

Certainly nothing for the big stage anyway. They were going to showcase the usual delayed games they've been showing for 3 E3s straight and realized they probably couldn't get away with it again. The stage is literally setup for MS to destroy everyone.

#2 Edited by Sushiglutton (7264 posts) -

You should tune in monday and see what they are up to:

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/sony-revealing-new-ps4-games-in-state-of-play-live/1100-6465770/

#3 Posted by Xabiss (2852 posts) -

@Sushiglutton said:

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/sony-revealing-new-ps4-games-in-state-of-play-live/1100-6465770/

TOTAL PWNAGE!

#4 Posted by AJStyles (1003 posts) -

Sony won E3 for 24+ years straight in a row. They got tired of winning easily every single time.

Hell, Sony is still going to win E3 this year because Microsoft will still manage to screw things up.

#5 Posted by mandzilla (4145 posts) -

@ajstyles: They won E3 2006? Ridge Racer, giant enemy crab, 599 US dollars 2006?

#6 Posted by KBFloYd (21884 posts) -

so sony copied nintendo in not having a stage presntation at E3

and now they copied nintendo directs? lol state of play...

#7 Posted by mandzilla (4145 posts) -

@KBFloYd: Sony is like the younger brother, always imitating his older brother Nintendo lol.

#8 Posted by True_Link (243 posts) -

How does the future look like?

#9 Posted by KBFloYd (21884 posts) -

@mandzilla said:

@KBFloYd: Sony is like the younger brother, always imitating his older brother Nintendo lol.

lol

#10 Posted by Son-Goku7523 (955 posts) -
@Sushiglutton said:

THREAD BACKFIRE!

#11 Posted by mandzilla (4145 posts) -

@KBFloYd: 😄

#12 Posted by Random_Matt (4287 posts) -

And OP has gone.

#13 Posted by blamix (858 posts) -

I feel like Sony and Nintendo still gonna win E3 even if sony is not there and Nintendo doesn't show much

#14 Edited by MonsieurX (39179 posts) -

Cows falling for the poor bait

#15 Posted by robert_sparkes (3221 posts) -

There has been rumours that there's a PS4 2nd party game unannounced for this year.

#16 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (19128 posts) -

@ajstyles said:

Sony won E3 for 24+ years straight in a row. They got tired of winning easily every single time.

Hell, Sony is still going to win E3 this year because Microsoft will still manage to screw things up.

Yeah last years show was awesome... Lmao!!!!!

#17 Edited by ellos (2051 posts) -

The state of play is probably going to be as boring as inside xbox. People think its nintendo direct but its actually Inside Xbox they are coping.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
#18 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (4851 posts) -
@ajstyles said:

MS always over promising, lying, then always falling on their face is the reason that Sony feels they don't have to do E3 anymore.

#19 Posted by True_Link (243 posts) -

@ellos said:

The state of play is probably going to be as boring as inside xbox. People think its nintendo direct but its actually Inside Xbox they are coping.

lol, Playstation Access is older than Xbox Inside and is way better. Xbox Inside copied Playstation Access.

#20 Posted by Raining51 (1142 posts) -

No I wouldn't go that far but I sorta agree I don't necessarily tink they have any major annoucnements paln plannedin hte near future or anything.

#21 Posted by I_P_Daily (12280 posts) -

@ajstyles said:

#22 Posted by lundy86_4 (53601 posts) -

Haha, that backfired quick.

#23 Posted by ProtossRushX (5591 posts) -
@MonsieurX said:

Cows falling for the poor bait

thread backfired theres a sony conf

#24 Posted by Ant_17 (12697 posts) -

Poor tc.

#25 Posted by djoffer (1420 posts) -

So a confirmed cow alt makes a thread slamming PlayStation and it backfires, it’s almost like it was intended to go wrong...

#26 Edited by watercrack445 (1712 posts) -

troll account detected

#27 Edited by Ezekiel43 (1693 posts) -

Just goes to show E3 is becoming increasingly irrelevant. Lost a lot of its appeal when they made it exclusive to the press and YouTubers and such. Why you all care so much, I'll never understand.

#28 Posted by DonaId (96 posts) -

@Xabiss: lol no... Sony is going to spend the entire event damage controlling the failed Days Gone and begging people to still care about the Last of Us part 2

#29 Posted by misrespect (84 posts) -
@Random_Matt said:

And OP has gone.

gone where lol that's not E3.

#30 Posted by Pedro (35379 posts) -

@mandzilla said:

@ajstyles: They won E3 2006? Ridge Racer, giant enemy crab, 599 US dollars 2006?

#31 Posted by I_P_Daily (12280 posts) -

@Xabiss said:
@Sushiglutton said:

TOTAL PWNAGE!

Did you guys read the article? Nowhere within the article did it say that the new games being shown will be from Sony though. Hopefully people return to this article on Monday and post what they showed as I have better things to do then watch that lol.

#32 Posted by dagubot (1366 posts) -
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@ajstyles said:

Yeah last years show was awesome... Lmao!!!!!

I remember this dumb shit...lmfao.

#33 Posted by Tigerbalm (1087 posts) -

@KBFloYd: Actually Nintendo and Sony copied Microsoft, they were doing inside Xbox during the 360 era.

#34 Posted by DaVillain- (37429 posts) -

@i_p_daily: You was never gonna watch State of Play anyways lol.

#35 Posted by sovkhan (1274 posts) -

Yes!!! to stop beating a dead horse already ^^

Stomping the competition but not sadistic, such class!!!

#36 Posted by Xabiss (2852 posts) -
@i_p_daily said:
@Xabiss said:
@Sushiglutton said:

TOTAL PWNAGE!

Did you guys read the article? Nowhere within the article did it say that the new games being shown will be from Sony though. Hopefully people return to this article on Monday and post what they showed as I have better things to do then watch that lol.

We will wait and see. You could be right and you could be wrong. Only time will tell.

#37 Edited by Xabiss (2852 posts) -
@DonaId said:

@Xabiss: lol no... Sony is going to spend the entire event damage controlling the failed Days Gone and begging people to still care about the Last of Us part 2

Oh come on man. The majority of Sony's exclusives this generation have been pretty damn good unlike what Microsoft is doing. Nintendo has been doing a bang up job at this also. It is the only complaint that I have about Microsoft right now is there 1st party titles have not been that great on average. Nintendo and Sony have all been doing a better job and that is okay. It seems Microsoft has learned there lesson and is going to try and change it. Only time will tell if that is true or not.

I still like my Xbox One X and play it more then any of my other systems Pro and Switch. It is just mainly my Gamepass and 3rd party box which makes it a great system for me.

#38 Posted by Sevenizz (4013 posts) -

@ajstyles: Lol, sony’s last E3 was a complete joke and was panned by every critic - where you been?

LoU 2 was slammed for being too SJW.

There was a 5 minute music interlude no one asked for.

There was a change in venue that paused the show for over 30 minutes.

Sony had little to show.

After that mess, sony bowed out to not embarrass the brand further.

#39 Posted by I_P_Daily (12280 posts) -

@Xabiss said:
@i_p_daily said:
@Xabiss said:
@Sushiglutton said:

TOTAL PWNAGE!

We will wait and see. You could be right and you could be wrong. Only time will tell.

I can't be right or wrong as I only put forth what was in the article, and nowhere within the article does it say the games are from Sony, and it also doesn't say that they won't be. So like I said wait until Monday before you guys jump the gun.

#40 Posted by I_P_Daily (12280 posts) -

@davillain- said:

@i_p_daily: You was never gonna watch State of Play anyways lol.

WOW you're a genius how did you figure that out? I mean its not like I said I wasn't going to watch it.....oh wait.

#41 Posted by headninjadog (741 posts) -

Sony has been very frugal as a company since around 2006 to get back to a position of profitability and in this day and age it's getting easier and easier to cut out middlemen in the hopes of reaching your audience. Companies are following the lead of Apple with their own company-centric events. This is such a cost saving measure and an expense not needed. I do miss the days of early 2000s E3s.

#42 Posted by mojito1988 (3671 posts) -

Well to be fair, Xboxone has not had anything to show all generation.

#43 Edited by BoxRekt (1995 posts) -

Xbox fanatics are funny.

One hand when MS tries to go all streaming and want to be a services only game provider you guys scream, "It's the future, Sony is going to do it too, you guys just need to accept change!".

Then when it's Sony saying they are doing something different, you guys are like, "But TRADITION, they've been there for 24 years, why change now?"

FOH flip floppers.

Make up your damn mind if you care about old tradition of if you're all about the, "it's da future!" narrative.

Because you lot certainly don't care about the tradition of competing with quality AAA exclusive games, dedicated console hardware or a company proving their worth by providing the best games.

#44 Edited by I_P_Daily (12280 posts) -

So the OP was pretty much right afterall.

Wheres quack (aka son-goku) sushi & xabiss?

You boys need to eat some crow lol.

#45 Posted by misrespect (84 posts) -

Told y'all so

#46 Posted by Pedro (35379 posts) -
 Well this thread un-backfired
Well this thread un-backfired

#47 Posted by misrespect (84 posts) -

I'd like to continue to toot my own horn here so I will. I'm 2 for 2 in my predictions. I also made a thread weeks before the release of Anthem predicting it to be a shitfest. Next time when I make a prediction, you better take it a little more seriously.

#48 Posted by jahnee (3989 posts) -

#49 Posted by I_P_Daily (12280 posts) -

@jahnee said:

Im stealing that lol.

#50 Posted by I_P_Daily (12280 posts) -

@misrespect said:

I'd like to continue to toot my own horn here so I will. I'm 2 for 2 in my predictions. I also made a thread weeks before the release of Anthem predicting it to be a shitfest. Next time when I make a prediction, you better take it a little more seriously.

Quit while you're ahead before you get a big head. Now tag those 3 and see if they eat crow lol.