Sony secures a new first party Studio ( Studio PixelOpus)

  • 71 results
  • 1
  • 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for finalstar2007
#1 Edited by finalstar2007 (27905 posts) -

Sony secures its new first party studio named PixelOpus in which the studio's very first game to be revealed next week at E3

man things getting more exciting the closer we get to E3!

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/06/01/sony-trademarks-pixelopus-before-unveiling-of-new-studio/

Sony Computer Entertainment filed for the registration of the trademark “PixelOpus” with the US Patent and Trademark office.

This actually tells us that PixelOpus (“Opus” means “Work” in Latin) is a full fledged first party studio owned by Sony, since the house of PlayStation filed for ownership of the trademark. If it was just a second party initiative, or a third party under the wing of the publisher, the studio itself would have filed for the registration of the name independently.

Avatar image for Salt_The_Fries
#2 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (12477 posts) -

Why do you care so much about it, my petit weeaboo? Is there any reason to be excited?

Avatar image for Blabadon
#3 Posted by Blabadon (33030 posts) -

Yeah, I found it cool how the class they started from used the Vita as their catalyst for designing and learning from basic games.

Avatar image for StrifeDelivery
#4 Edited by StrifeDelivery (1901 posts) -

@Salt_The_Fries said:

Why do you care so much about it, my petit weeaboo? Is there any reason to be excited?

Um.. should be pretty evident by the OP, but let's break it down.

@finalstar2007 said:

Sony secures its new first party studio named PixelOpus in which the studio's very first game to be revealed next week at E3

man things getting more exciting the closer we get to E3!

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/06/01/sony-trademarks-pixelopus-before-unveiling-of-new-studio/

This actually tells us that PixelOpus (“Opus” means “Work” in Latin) is a full fledged first party studio owned by Sony, since the house of PlayStation filed for ownership of the trademark. If it was just a second party initiative, or a third party under the wing of the publisher, the studio itself would have filed for the registration of the name independently.

Sony gains another first party studio and also their first game will be revealed next week at E3.

The possibility of a cool, new game? That sounds like exciting news to me.

Avatar image for Salt_The_Fries
#5 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (12477 posts) -

Yeah but the OP doesn't even have PS4, and there's no info on what they're working on. it may as well be some shovelware garbage. What's more, we don't even know if the studio is major or not. It might have been set up just to develop indie games.

Avatar image for spitfire-six
#6 Posted by Spitfire-Six (1377 posts) -

how is this system wars related?

Avatar image for Sollet
#7 Edited by Sollet (8074 posts) -

@spitfire-six said:

how is this system wars related?

How is it not? Did you even read the OP?

Avatar image for spitfire-six
#8 Posted by Spitfire-Six (1377 posts) -

@Sollet said:

@spitfire-six said:

how is this system wars related?

How is it not? Did you even read the OP?

I did, Sony got a new studio congratulations ? who gives a **** until they actually show something.

Avatar image for lostrib
#9 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

meh, let's see where this goes

Avatar image for Opus_Rea-333
#10 Edited by Opus_Rea-333 (1238 posts) -

Well Sony only smart move this gen, copying part of my GS nickname.

Just kidding.

Avatar image for lamprey263
#11 Edited by lamprey263 (34376 posts) -

Google'd Pixel Opus in hopes to find out more about them... found this instead

http://icarly.wikia.com/wiki/Pixel_Opus_Arcade_Inc.

Pixel Opus Arcade Inc. is an arcade company from iCarly and the parody of NAMCO.

Pak-Rat, from the episode iStage An Intervention, is a video game from Pixel Opus Arcade Inc.

Wonder if they'll be making large scale retail titles or cheesy downloadable games.

Avatar image for RR360DD
#12 Posted by RR360DD (13643 posts) -

Sounds like a small arcade game studio. Don't care

Avatar image for Kashiwaba
#13 Edited by Kashiwaba (8055 posts) -

So when sony starts a new studio with multple employees its noit SWs material and no one cares but when one guy leaves a studio or get fired by sony suddenly its the hottest news in SWs and every one cares lol

Avatar image for Kashiwaba
#14 Edited by Kashiwaba (8055 posts) -

So when sony starts a new studio with multple employees its noit SWs material and no one cares but when one guy leaves a studio or get fired by sony suddenly its the hottest news in SWs and every one cares lol

Avatar image for Lulu_Lulu
#15 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (19564 posts) -

What cows fail to understand is this is not good news.

Avatar image for Suppaman100
#16 Posted by Suppaman100 (5250 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

What cows fail to understand is this is not good news.

Lol wot?

Oh yeah I forgot, lemmings think that having less first-party is good right? Just look at the weak Xbox first-party, pathetic.

Avatar image for Lulu_Lulu
#17 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (19564 posts) -

@Suppaman100

I don't what lemmings think.

Anyway..... 1st Exclusivity doesn't benefit you.... It doesn't benefit the studio either. It wouldve been good news had a indipendent publisher aquired the studio.... That way you every body gets to play it... Including cows. With a larger market that going Multiplatform provides the studio will benefit more and can make more games.... For everyone....

Have you guys given gamers who play on mobile devices a name yet ? I don't think you have.......

Avatar image for Lulu_Lulu
#18 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (19564 posts) -

@Suppaman100

I don't know what lemmings think.

Anyway..... 1st Exclusivity doesn't benefit you.... It doesn't benefit the studio either. It wouldve been good news had a independent publisher aquired the studio.... That way you everybody gets to play it... Including cows. With a larger market that going Multiplatform provides the studio will benefit more and can make more games.... For everyone.... again, including cows.

Have you guys given gamers who play on mobile devices a name yet ? I don't think you have.......

Avatar image for Suppaman100
#19 Edited by Suppaman100 (5250 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Suppaman100

I don't know what lemmings think.

Anyway..... 1st Exclusivity doesn't benefit you.... It doesn't benefit the studio either. It wouldve been good news had a independent publisher aquired the studio.... That way you everybody gets to play it... Including cows. With a larger market that going Multiplatform provides the studio will benefit more and can make more games.... For everyone.... again, including cows.

Have you guys given gamers who play on mobile devices a name yet ? I don't think you have.......

In this day and age, consoles need first-party devs to set themselves apart from eachother since there is less second-party than before. Its true that it would be better if this did not exist but then what would set these consoles apart? Not much.

And it's something that won't change, I expect it to get even more like this. Console companies will buy more and more devs to get more exclusives.

Avatar image for Lulu_Lulu
#20 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (19564 posts) -

@Suppaman100

"....consoles need first-party devs......"

It doesn't matter what they need.... You're a gamer, not Console Manufacturer, their needs are not your own.

".....what would set these consoles apart? Not much."

True but thats rather irrelevant.... If console gaming is illogical then perhaps you should aim to fix it instead of accepting things the way they are just because its easier for those of you who do have the console to play the exclusive games. It becomes rather ridiculous when you won't two consoles, two identicle machines just for the sake of exclusives.

"And it's something that won't change......"

I agree with you here.... Its definately not going to change because people jump for joy when somebody else can't play a game because the only difference between your machine and theirs is just the logo. When did this level of stupidity amongst gamers become so cool ?

Avatar image for Sweenix
#21 Posted by Sweenix (5957 posts) -

Can't wait for some icarly on ps4

Avatar image for thehig1
#22 Edited by thehig1 (6153 posts) -

@spitfire-six: it kind of is, people like to gloat about exclusives coming out on there chosen system.

Avatar image for Couth_
#23 Posted by Couth_ (10369 posts) -

@Salt_The_Fries said:

Yeah but the OP doesn't even have PS4, and there's no info on what they're working on. it may as well be some shovelware garbage. What's more, we don't even know if the studio is major or not. It might have been set up just to develop indie games.

Do you even know what indie means...rofl

Avatar image for Netret0120
#24 Edited by Netret0120 (3450 posts) -

I hope this means something to us in the near future. Good for us gamers though.

Avatar image for Lulu_Lulu
#26 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (19564 posts) -

I'm so stupid...... I completely forgot.....

Being stupid has always been cool. Its nothing new. Its just human the human condition in all its decrepid glory. Being stupid is what makes us human...... Still I'm not going to "bend and spread" and let social norm have their way with me. We should try to be better, no matter how unhappy it makes us.

Avatar image for Suppaman100
#27 Posted by Suppaman100 (5250 posts) -

@jeager_titan said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Suppaman100

"....consoles need first-party devs......"

It doesn't matter what they need.... You're a gamer, not Console Manufacturer, their needs are not your own.

".....what would set these consoles apart? Not much."

True but thats rather irrelevant.... If console gaming is illogical then perhaps you should aim to fix it instead of accepting things the way they are just because its easier for those of you who do have the console to play the exclusive games. It becomes rather ridiculous when you won't two consoles, two identicle machines just for the sake of exclusives.

"And it's something that won't change......"

I agree with you here.... Its definately not going to change because people jump for joy when somebody else can't play a game because the only difference between your machine and theirs is just the logo. When did this level of stupidity amongst gamers become so cool ?

This. This so much. Especially the last part.

Well, we're on system wars. With the empashize on wars...

Avatar image for Lulu_Lulu
#29 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (19564 posts) -

@Suppaman100

Then Lets Unite and take the war to them.

Lets fight against the lack of backwards compatibilty. Lets fight against the horrible behavior in multiplayer games.

Lets fight against the rampant descrimination, like racism and sexism and all the other "-isms".

Lets fight against DRM and anti-consumer policies and practices.

Lets take this war to exactly where it belongs, to the people at Microsoft and Sony. Lets see them them defend all this bullshit that all gamers have had to endure in System Wars and in real life.

Avatar image for Lulu_Lulu
#30 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (19564 posts) -

You want a war ? ....... Well theres your war right there ! Grab your keyboard and and give those bastards exactly what they deserve !

Avatar image for Suppaman100
#31 Posted by Suppaman100 (5250 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

You want a war ? ....... Well theres your war right there ! Grab your keyboard and and give those bastards exactly what they deserve !

And how do you want us to fight this war?

Avatar image for Lulu_Lulu
#32 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (19564 posts) -

@Suppaman100

Don't worry about the details....... Just get mad ! Like Cave Johnson.

"You know I've been thinking, when life gives you lemons.... Don't make lemonade ! Make Life ! Take the lemons back ! GET MAD ! I DON'T WANT YOUR DAMN LEMONS, WHAT THE HELL AM I SUPPOSE TO DO WITH THESE. Demand to to see "Life's" Manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM !? I’M THE MAN WHOS GONNA BURN YOUR HOUSE DOWN! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN!”

And in case you were wondering.... I'm Wasted out of my mind !

Its funny how hard liquor puts things into perspective ! :)

Avatar image for Suppaman100
#33 Edited by Suppaman100 (5250 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Suppaman100

Don't worry about the details....... Just get mad ! Like Cave Johnson.

"You know I've been thinking, when life gives you lemons.... Don't make lemonade ! Make Life ! Take the lemons back ! GET MAD ! I DON'T WANT YOUR DAMN LEMONS, WHAT THE HELL AM I SUPPOSE TO DO WITH THESE. Demand to to see "Life's" Manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM !? I’M THE MAN WHOS GONNA BURN YOUR HOUSE DOWN! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN!”

And in case you were wondering.... I'm Wasted out of my mind !

Its funny how hard liquor puts things into perspective ! :)

Avatar image for FoxbatAlpha
#34 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (10669 posts) -

Sony now has a first party studio to make indie games..............ROFL! Dat greatness just keeps on giving................on what I have no idea.

Avatar image for finalstar2007
#35 Posted by finalstar2007 (27905 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Sony now has a first party studio to make indie games..............ROFL! Dat greatness just keeps on giving................on what I have no idea.

Meanwhile Microsoft are too busy backtracking on their original plans, securing timed exclusive DLC and bringing games for Xboxone owners for beta testing purposes lulz lmfao

Avatar image for SolidTy
#36 Edited by SolidTy (49991 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Have you guys given gamers who play on mobile devices a name yet ? I don't think you have.......

Phonies.

Avatar image for Lulu_Lulu
#37 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (19564 posts) -

@SolidTy

Already Tweeted ! Thanks :)

Avatar image for FoxbatAlpha
#38 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (10669 posts) -

@finalstar2007 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Sony now has a first party studio to make indie games..............ROFL! Dat greatness just keeps on giving................on what I have no idea.

Meanwhile Microsoft are too busy backtracking on their original plans, securing timed exclusive DLC and bringing games for Xboxone owners for beta testing purposes lulz lmfao

Are you still asshurt over the retraction of DRM? Wow you need some new material that involves current events.

Sony DriveClubz DRM and backtrack debacle

Killzone 1080p multiplayer lie

Watchdogs 1080p/60fps lie

Come on brah.

Avatar image for b4x
#39 Edited by B4X (5660 posts) -

@finalstar2007 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Sony now has a first party studio to make indie games..............ROFL! Dat greatness just keeps on giving................on what I have no idea.

Meanwhile Microsoft are too busy backtracking on their original plans, securing timed exclusive DLC and bringing games for Xboxone owners for beta testing purposes lulz lmfao

Avatar image for Suppaman100
#40 Edited by Suppaman100 (5250 posts) -

@b4x said:

@finalstar2007 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Sony now has a first party studio to make indie games..............ROFL! Dat greatness just keeps on giving................on what I have no idea.

Meanwhile Microsoft are too busy backtracking on their original plans, securing timed exclusive DLC and bringing games for Xboxone owners for beta testing purposes lulz lmfao

Avatar image for b4x
#41 Posted by B4X (5660 posts) -

@Suppaman100 said:

@b4x said:

@finalstar2007 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Sony now has a first party studio to make indie games..............ROFL! Dat greatness just keeps on giving................on what I have no idea.

Meanwhile Microsoft are too busy backtracking on their original plans, securing timed exclusive DLC and bringing games for Xboxone owners for beta testing purposes lulz lmfao

I think you can change Kaz's face with Phil Spencer There? Both would work.

Avatar image for clyde46
#42 Posted by clyde46 (49048 posts) -

@lamprey263 said:

Google'd Pixel Opus in hopes to find out more about them... found this instead

http://icarly.wikia.com/wiki/Pixel_Opus_Arcade_Inc.

Pixel Opus Arcade Inc. is an arcade company from iCarly and the parody of NAMCO.

Pak-Rat, from the episode iStage An Intervention, is a video game from Pixel Opus Arcade Inc.

Wonder if they'll be making large scale retail titles or cheesy downloadable games.

Sounds like another Indie dev. Lets hope they have big dreams.

Avatar image for Animal-Mother
#43 Posted by Animal-Mother (27350 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Sony now has a first party studio to make indie games..............ROFL! Dat greatness just keeps on giving................on what I have no idea.

Last year the 360 had one retail exclusive and most other games were XBLA titles......

I'm sorry but what are you trying to prove? A games, a games a game. No matter how you spin it

Avatar image for ladyblue
#44 Posted by LadyBlue (4943 posts) -

Nintendo = First Party King

Sony= First Party Queen

Microsoft = First Party Jester

Avatar image for Lulu_Lulu
#45 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (19564 posts) -

@LadyBlue

What about Ubisoft ?

Avatar image for jsmoke03
#46 Posted by jsmoke03 (13696 posts) -

AAA games or Indy game dev? sounds like an indy game

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Suppaman100

"....consoles need first-party devs......"

It doesn't matter what they need.... You're a gamer, not Console Manufacturer, their needs are not your own.

".....what would set these consoles apart? Not much."

True but thats rather irrelevant.... If console gaming is illogical then perhaps you should aim to fix it instead of accepting things the way they are just because its easier for those of you who do have the console to play the exclusive games. It becomes rather ridiculous when you won't two consoles, two identicle machines just for the sake of exclusives.

"And it's something that won't change......"

I agree with you here.... Its definately not going to change because people jump for joy when somebody else can't play a game because the only difference between your machine and theirs is just the logo. When did this level of stupidity amongst gamers become so cool ?

it would if you can only afford one console. it mattered for me much of last gen since i didnt end up getting a 360 until 2012. you dont have to be a fanboy to know that whatever system you pick you hope for the best content.

i was pissed when most third party exclusives for the ps3 went multi plat. i paid for a more expensive system for many reasons but one of them were the exclusives which became irrelevant once final fantasy, dmc, & tekken went multi plat. that meant ps3 didnt have the best game possible since 360 was easier to develop for. ps3 was getting crap versions of multi plats...

you dont have to be a fanboy for exclusives to matter.

Avatar image for ladyblue
#47 Posted by LadyBlue (4943 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@LadyBlue

What about Ubisoft ?

They don't have a system. :P

to play the game, I'd say

Ubisoft = Bubonic plague infected peasant

Avatar image for Lulu_Lulu
#48 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (19564 posts) -

@LadyBlue

Bb.....Bu But..... Multiplatform..... :(

Avatar image for Lulu_Lulu
#49 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (19564 posts) -

@LadyBlue

Bb.....Bu But..... Multiplatform..... :(

Avatar image for ladyblue
#50 Edited by LadyBlue (4943 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@LadyBlue

Bb.....Bu But..... Multiplatform..... :(

want me to change it to rodents instead? :)