Sony secures a new first party Studio ( Studio PixelOpus)

• 71 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Sony secures its new first party studio named PixelOpus in which the studio's very first game to be revealed next week at E3

man things getting more exciting the closer we get to E3!

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/06/01/sony-trademarks-pixelopus-before-unveiling-of-new-studio/

Sony Computer Entertainment filed for the registration of the trademark “PixelOpus” with the US Patent and Trademark office.

This actually tells us that PixelOpus (“Opus” means “Work” in Latin) is a full fledged first party studio owned by Sony, since the house of PlayStation filed for ownership of the trademark. If it was just a second party initiative, or a third party under the wing of the publisher, the studio itself would have filed for the registration of the name independently.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

Why do you care so much about it, my petit weeaboo? Is there any reason to be excited?

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#3 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Yeah, I found it cool how the class they started from used the Vita as their catalyst for designing and learning from basic games.

StrifeDelivery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By StrifeDelivery
Member since 2006 • 1901 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

Why do you care so much about it, my petit weeaboo? Is there any reason to be excited?

Um.. should be pretty evident by the OP, but let's break it down.

@finalstar2007 said:

Sony secures its new first party studio named PixelOpus in which the studio's very first game to be revealed next week at E3

man things getting more exciting the closer we get to E3!

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/06/01/sony-trademarks-pixelopus-before-unveiling-of-new-studio/

This actually tells us that PixelOpus (“Opus” means “Work” in Latin) is a full fledged first party studio owned by Sony, since the house of PlayStation filed for ownership of the trademark. If it was just a second party initiative, or a third party under the wing of the publisher, the studio itself would have filed for the registration of the name independently.

Sony gains another first party studio and also their first game will be revealed next week at E3.

The possibility of a cool, new game? That sounds like exciting news to me.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

Yeah but the OP doesn't even have PS4, and there's no info on what they're working on. it may as well be some shovelware garbage. What's more, we don't even know if the studio is major or not. It might have been set up just to develop indie games.

Spitfire-Six

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 Spitfire-Six
Member since 2014 • 1378 Posts

how is this system wars related?

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8282 Posts

@spitfire-six said:

How is it not? Did you even read the OP?

Spitfire-Six

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Spitfire-Six
Member since 2014 • 1378 Posts

@Sollet said:

@spitfire-six said:

How is it not? Did you even read the OP?

I did, Sony got a new studio congratulations ? who gives a **** until they actually show something.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

meh, let's see where this goes

Opus_Rea-333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Opus_Rea-333
Member since 2013 • 1238 Posts

Well Sony only smart move this gen, copying part of my GS nickname.

Just kidding.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

Google'd Pixel Opus in hopes to find out more about them... found this instead

http://icarly.wikia.com/wiki/Pixel_Opus_Arcade_Inc.

Pixel Opus Arcade Inc. is an arcade company from iCarly and the parody of NAMCO.

Pak-Rat, from the episode iStage An Intervention, is a video game from Pixel Opus Arcade Inc.

Wonder if they'll be making large scale retail titles or cheesy downloadable games.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

Sounds like a small arcade game studio. Don't care

Kashiwaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Kashiwaba
Member since 2005 • 8059 Posts

So when sony starts a new studio with multple employees its noit SWs material and no one cares but when one guy leaves a studio or get fired by sony suddenly its the hottest news in SWs and every one cares lol

Kashiwaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Kashiwaba
Member since 2005 • 8059 Posts

So when sony starts a new studio with multple employees its noit SWs material and no one cares but when one guy leaves a studio or get fired by sony suddenly its the hottest news in SWs and every one cares lol

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

What cows fail to understand is this is not good news.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

What cows fail to understand is this is not good news.

Lol wot?

Oh yeah I forgot, lemmings think that having less first-party is good right? Just look at the weak Xbox first-party, pathetic.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@Suppaman100

I don't what lemmings think.

Anyway..... 1st Exclusivity doesn't benefit you.... It doesn't benefit the studio either. It wouldve been good news had a indipendent publisher aquired the studio.... That way you every body gets to play it... Including cows. With a larger market that going Multiplatform provides the studio will benefit more and can make more games.... For everyone....

Have you guys given gamers who play on mobile devices a name yet ? I don't think you have.......

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@Suppaman100

I don't know what lemmings think.

Anyway..... 1st Exclusivity doesn't benefit you.... It doesn't benefit the studio either. It wouldve been good news had a independent publisher aquired the studio.... That way you everybody gets to play it... Including cows. With a larger market that going Multiplatform provides the studio will benefit more and can make more games.... For everyone.... again, including cows.

Have you guys given gamers who play on mobile devices a name yet ? I don't think you have.......

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Suppaman100

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Suppaman100

I don't know what lemmings think.

Anyway..... 1st Exclusivity doesn't benefit you.... It doesn't benefit the studio either. It wouldve been good news had a independent publisher aquired the studio.... That way you everybody gets to play it... Including cows. With a larger market that going Multiplatform provides the studio will benefit more and can make more games.... For everyone.... again, including cows.

In this day and age, consoles need first-party devs to set themselves apart from eachother since there is less second-party than before. Its true that it would be better if this did not exist but then what would set these consoles apart? Not much.

And it's something that won't change, I expect it to get even more like this. Console companies will buy more and more devs to get more exclusives.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Lulu_Lulu

@Suppaman100

"....consoles need first-party devs......"

It doesn't matter what they need.... You're a gamer, not Console Manufacturer, their needs are not your own.

".....what would set these consoles apart? Not much."

True but thats rather irrelevant.... If console gaming is illogical then perhaps you should aim to fix it instead of accepting things the way they are just because its easier for those of you who do have the console to play the exclusive games. It becomes rather ridiculous when you won't two consoles, two identicle machines just for the sake of exclusives.

"And it's something that won't change......"

I agree with you here.... Its definately not going to change because people jump for joy when somebody else can't play a game because the only difference between your machine and theirs is just the logo. When did this level of stupidity amongst gamers become so cool ?

Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21 Sweenix
Member since 2013 • 5957 Posts

Can't wait for some icarly on ps4

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22  Edited By thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@spitfire-six: it kind of is, people like to gloat about exclusives coming out on there chosen system.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

Yeah but the OP doesn't even have PS4, and there's no info on what they're working on. it may as well be some shovelware garbage. What's more, we don't even know if the studio is major or not. It might have been set up just to develop indie games.

Do you even know what indie means...rofl

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24  Edited By Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

I hope this means something to us in the near future. Good for us gamers though.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

I'm so stupid...... I completely forgot.....

Being stupid has always been cool. Its nothing new. Its just human the human condition in all its decrepid glory. Being stupid is what makes us human...... Still I'm not going to "bend and spread" and let social norm have their way with me. We should try to be better, no matter how unhappy it makes us.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Suppaman100

@jeager_titan said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Suppaman100

It doesn't matter what they need.... You're a gamer, not Console Manufacturer, their needs are not your own.

True but thats rather irrelevant.... If console gaming is illogical then perhaps you should aim to fix it instead of accepting things the way they are just because its easier for those of you who do have the console to play the exclusive games. It becomes rather ridiculous when you won't two consoles, two identicle machines just for the sake of exclusives.

I agree with you here.... Its definately not going to change because people jump for joy when somebody else can't play a game because the only difference between your machine and theirs is just the logo. When did this level of stupidity amongst gamers become so cool ?

This. This so much. Especially the last part.

Well, we're on system wars. With the empashize on wars...

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@Suppaman100

Then Lets Unite and take the war to them.

Lets fight against the lack of backwards compatibilty. Lets fight against the horrible behavior in multiplayer games.

Lets fight against the rampant descrimination, like racism and sexism and all the other "-isms".

Lets fight against DRM and anti-consumer policies and practices.

Lets take this war to exactly where it belongs, to the people at Microsoft and Sony. Lets see them them defend all this bullshit that all gamers have had to endure in System Wars and in real life.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

You want a war ? ....... Well theres your war right there ! Grab your keyboard and and give those bastards exactly what they deserve !

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Suppaman100

@Lulu_Lulu said:

You want a war ? ....... Well theres your war right there ! Grab your keyboard and and give those bastards exactly what they deserve !

And how do you want us to fight this war?

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@Suppaman100

Don't worry about the details....... Just get mad ! Like Cave Johnson.

"You know I've been thinking, when life gives you lemons.... Don't make lemonade ! Make Life ! Take the lemons back ! GET MAD ! I DON'T WANT YOUR DAMN LEMONS, WHAT THE HELL AM I SUPPOSE TO DO WITH THESE. Demand to to see "Life's" Manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM !? I’M THE MAN WHOS GONNA BURN YOUR HOUSE DOWN! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN!”

And in case you were wondering.... I'm Wasted out of my mind !

Its funny how hard liquor puts things into perspective ! :)

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Suppaman100

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Suppaman100

Don't worry about the details....... Just get mad ! Like Cave Johnson.

"You know I've been thinking, when life gives you lemons.... Don't make lemonade ! Make Life ! Take the lemons back ! GET MAD ! I DON'T WANT YOUR DAMN LEMONS, WHAT THE HELL AM I SUPPOSE TO DO WITH THESE. Demand to to see "Life's" Manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM !? I’M THE MAN WHOS GONNA BURN YOUR HOUSE DOWN! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN!”

And in case you were wondering.... I'm Wasted out of my mind !

Its funny how hard liquor puts things into perspective ! :)

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Sony now has a first party studio to make indie games..............ROFL! Dat greatness just keeps on giving................on what I have no idea.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#35 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Sony now has a first party studio to make indie games..............ROFL! Dat greatness just keeps on giving................on what I have no idea.

Meanwhile Microsoft are too busy backtracking on their original plans, securing timed exclusive DLC and bringing games for Xboxone owners for beta testing purposes lulz lmfao

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Phonies.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Lulu_Lulu

@SolidTy

Already Tweeted ! Thanks :)

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@finalstar2007 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Meanwhile Microsoft are too busy backtracking on their original plans, securing timed exclusive DLC and bringing games for Xboxone owners for beta testing purposes lulz lmfao

Are you still asshurt over the retraction of DRM? Wow you need some new material that involves current events.

Sony DriveClubz DRM and backtrack debacle

Killzone 1080p multiplayer lie

Watchdogs 1080p/60fps lie

Come on brah.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By B4X
Member since 2014 • 5660 Posts

@finalstar2007 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Suppaman100

@b4x said:

@finalstar2007 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 B4X
Member since 2014 • 5660 Posts

@Suppaman100 said:

@b4x said:

@finalstar2007 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

I think you can change Kaz's face with Phil Spencer There? Both would work.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

Google'd Pixel Opus in hopes to find out more about them... found this instead

http://icarly.wikia.com/wiki/Pixel_Opus_Arcade_Inc.

Pixel Opus Arcade Inc. is an arcade company from iCarly and the parody of NAMCO.

Pak-Rat, from the episode iStage An Intervention, is a video game from Pixel Opus Arcade Inc.

Wonder if they'll be making large scale retail titles or cheesy downloadable games.

Sounds like another Indie dev. Lets hope they have big dreams.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#43 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Last year the 360 had one retail exclusive and most other games were XBLA titles......

I'm sorry but what are you trying to prove? A games, a games a game. No matter how you spin it

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts

Nintendo = First Party King

Sony= First Party Queen

Microsoft = First Party Jester

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Lulu_Lulu

@LadyBlue

What about Ubisoft ?

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#46 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

AAA games or Indy game dev? sounds like an indy game

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Suppaman100

it would if you can only afford one console. it mattered for me much of last gen since i didnt end up getting a 360 until 2012. you dont have to be a fanboy to know that whatever system you pick you hope for the best content.

i was pissed when most third party exclusives for the ps3 went multi plat. i paid for a more expensive system for many reasons but one of them were the exclusives which became irrelevant once final fantasy, dmc, & tekken went multi plat. that meant ps3 didnt have the best game possible since 360 was easier to develop for. ps3 was getting crap versions of multi plats...

you dont have to be a fanboy for exclusives to matter.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 LadyBlue

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@LadyBlue

What about Ubisoft ?

They don't have a system. :P

to play the game, I'd say

Ubisoft = Bubonic plague infected peasant

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Lulu_Lulu

@LadyBlue

Bb.....Bu But..... Multiplatform..... :(

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@LadyBlue

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By LadyBlue

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@LadyBlue

want me to change it to rodents instead? :)