Sony: PSN has been given the greatest overhaul on PS4

• 142 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jimmypsn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 jimmypsn
Member since 2010 • 4425 Posts

@BattlefieldFan1 said:

@jimmypsn said:

Does Sony have dedicated servers for every game? I don't think so. lol

If you're a friendless virgin, then I guess the Xbox ONE is for you.

So far, there are way too many reports coming out that the Xbox ONE OS is buggy and won't ever be fixed. You can't invite your friends to play, you can't have x-game party chat, you can't message other people. Who knows what other social features are missing? The point of multiplayer gaming is to be social. As long as the latency within multiplayer is unnoticeable, people like me aren't going to care if the game is running on P2P or dedicated servers. I don't care about host-switching that takes up maybe 3 seconds max and happens once every 15 games. Latency is roughly the same between P2P and dedicated servers.

What we do care about is playing with our friends, which won't happen on the Xbox ONE for a LONG time. Have fun playing by yourself.

All I said was a true statement. PS4 doesn't have dedicated servers for every game like X1. Its the truth. Yet you wrote an entire paragraph showing me how mad you are. WTF. lol

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#102 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20095 Posts

@tdkmillsy: Haha Virtual Machines...

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#103  Edited By tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5819 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:

@tdkmillsy: Haha Virtual Machines...

Virtual Machines is the norm across the whole IT industry. Sony will be doing the same just in a much smaller scale.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Murderstyle75
Member since 2011 • 4412 Posts

Want to know the best part about dedicated servers? Eventually many of your games become drink coasters once they are no longer bringing in enough money or have the userbase dwindle to a cult following. There is no gaurentee I will still be able to play Titanfall in 2015 or 2016. It even says do in their Terms of Use which you must agree to before using the service. While great for a kid who buys the new COD every year, not so much for the real gamer who will still pick up the same game later.

good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#105  Edited By good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

@FinalFighters:

One of my most anticipated features as well.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#106 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

@multipass35 said:

@NathanDrakeSwag: or maybe Sony should focus on games? They have none.

Sony and no games in the same line? lmfao

people pretend that Sony didnt do anything with the PS3 already? if Sony destroyed the xbox in terms of exclusives with the PS3 the system that was called "no games station" in 2007 then im pretty positive they will destroy xbox again with the PS4.

See microsoft already announced their entire exclusive library for the next 6 or 7 years while Sony are already getting started now all their studios are making PS4 games.

Where are the xbox360 games at this year?

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 tdkmillsy

@BattlefieldFan1 said:

@jimmypsn said:

So far, there are way too many reports coming out that the Xbox ONE OS is buggy and won't ever be fixed. You can't invite your friends to play, you can't have x-game party chat, you can't message other people. Who knows what other social features are missing? The point of multiplayer gaming is to be social. As long as the latency within multiplayer is unnoticeable, people like me aren't going to care if the game is running on P2P or dedicated servers. I don't care about host-switching that takes up maybe 3 seconds max and happens once every 15 games. Latency is roughly the same between P2P and dedicated servers.

What we do care about is playing with our friends, which won't happen on the Xbox ONE for a LONG time. Have fun playing by yourself.

We all know the Xbox One OS will be sorted and the only reason these teething problems exist is because its doing much more than the PS4.

Latency and host superiority has always been a problem with P2P so lets not pretend P2P is the same as dedicated servers. Plus the more players you have in a match the more load it puts on a players bandwidth and the more host switching will occur. Dedicated servers are not just for hosting multiplayer games, down the line they will be doing far more such as hosting worlds for fantasy games and dynamically created maps for multiplayer FPS. Something Sony wont be able to do until next gen.

SinjinSmythe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#108  Edited By SinjinSmythe
Member since 2008 • 1049 Posts

MS could abandon their online for the next 10 years and Sony will still have trouble catching up.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 tdkmillsy

@BattlefieldFan1 said:

@Netret0120 said:

Lemmings are very insecure about their XBL.

It's okay lemmings, once PSN is on par with XBL, what can you claim ownage over?

SONY has more AAA exclusives

Cheaper console

More powerful

If the rumors from NeoGAF insiders are true (And they usually are. Remember the CoD: Ghosts and BF4 resolutiion fiasco? LOL... BU...BU...BU... NEOGAF IS A PAID SONY MARKETING SITE WAHHHHHH!!!), the PSN is superior to Xbox LIVE. I feel sorry for lemming. The PS4 is superior to the Xbox ONE in every way.

So you going to believe a fanboy forum which has loads of rumours, some correct and a lot not so incorrect over announced features such as dedicated servers for all and 300,000 supporting Xbox Live. The difference with the COD Ghosts and BF4 is Microsoft where very quiet, there is plenty stuff about Xbox Live and how it is being used in ways Sony are not. PS4 may have better graphics but I'm afraid that's all its got.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By tdkmillsy

@finalstar2007 said:

@multipass35 said:

@NathanDrakeSwag: or maybe Sony should focus on games? They have none.

Sony and no games in the same line? lmfao

people pretend that Sony didnt do anything with the PS3 already? if Sony destroyed the xbox in terms of exclusives with the PS3 the system that was called "no games station" in 2007 then im pretty positive they will destroy xbox again with the PS4.

See microsoft already announced their entire exclusive library for the next 6 or 7 years while Sony are already getting started now all their studios are making PS4 games.

Where are the xbox360 games at this year?

Take a step back

Sony and Microsoft have a similar number of 1st party developers for PS4 and Xbox One. Microsoft have invested big.

Some of Sony developers have still been developing games for PS3 this year and hence less games in the launch window for PS4

More of Xbox developers have been developing for Xbox One this year and hence more games in the launch windows for Xbox One.

Not rocket science.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#111 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38026 Posts

@always_explicit said:

Its hilarious that Cows are paying for this new feature packed online service.

New from Sony on PSN "watching your friend play games"....revolutionary. LOL

Its hilarious. "everything is ok, when sony does it"

SonofK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By SonofK
Member since 2013 • 1088 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Sounds much better than XBL. What cool features did MS add? More ads? LMAO

Yeah, PSN is finally catching up to XBL...in 2009..

It's too bad Sony is broke, if they had some money they could of afford to have all dedicated servers...oh well...have fun with the lag LMAO

KratosYOLOSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#113 KratosYOLOSwag
Member since 2013 • 1827 Posts

Nah dawg. MS got the cloud so their online will be nice and smooth. Sony dont have anything on the MS cloud.

Avatar image for BattlefieldFan1
BattlefieldFan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 BattlefieldFan1
Member since 2012 • 841 Posts

@tdkmillsy said:

@BattlefieldFan1 said:

@jimmypsn said:

We all know the Xbox One OS will be sorted and the only reason these teething problems exist is because its doing much more than the PS4.

Latency and host superiority has always been a problem with P2P so lets not pretend P2P is the same as dedicated servers. Plus the more players you have in a match the more load it puts on a players bandwidth and the more host switching will occur. Dedicated servers are not just for hosting multiplayer games, down the line they will be doing far more such as hosting worlds for fantasy games and dynamically created maps for multiplayer FPS. Something Sony wont be able to do until next gen.

Xbox ONE OS WON'T be sorted out until the end of next gen because the APIs have been hardcoded onto the OS already and MS will risk stabilization if they change it. They royally screwed up the OS.

You act like every single multiplayer game on the PS4 will be P2P when the PS3 had more dedicated servers than the 360. The games that'll need dedicated servers will have dedicated servers. BF4 will have dedicated servers. So will CoD: Ghosts. So will MMORPGs.

Ryan_Som

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Ryan_Som
Member since 2009 • 2474 Posts

@multipass35 said:

@tormentos said:

@multipass35 said:

@clr84651 said:

I will love to see what Xbots will come up with when they realize PSN is the same as Xlive and they already know PS4 has far more GPU power. They will lose having the better online service. They wont have as good of hardware. They'll be down to TV service and a few exclusives. They are seeing MS's advantages evaporating more and more as next gen closes in. Then they'll get to watch the PS4 dominate for 7 years.

Just let me know when you can party chat on different games.......... lol

The PS Vita already does that an free,the PS4 will and cross platform with PC and Vita,they took it a step further..lol

Cross play between PC and PS4 on launch.? Does MS has that?

Wait i hear they will support mods like the PS3 did last gen,oh wait and what is that free games with xbox live,well that sound allot like PSN+...lol

But but only Sony copy..

Crossplay is not party chating lol. Come Nov 15th play KZ and invite one of your friends to join your party chat who is playing COD.... you wont be able to lol.

Seriously, where are you getting your facts?
Destructoid: Cross-game chat finally coming to PlayStation 4

BattlefieldFan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 BattlefieldFan1

@tdkmillsy said:

@BattlefieldFan1 said:

@Netret0120 said:

It's okay lemmings, once PSN is on par with XBL, what can you claim ownage over?

Cheaper console

More powerful

If the rumors from NeoGAF insiders are true (And they usually are. Remember the CoD: Ghosts and BF4 resolutiion fiasco? LOL... BU...BU...BU... NEOGAF IS A PAID SONY MARKETING SITE WAHHHHHH!!!), the PSN is superior to Xbox LIVE. I feel sorry for lemming. The PS4 is superior to the Xbox ONE in every way.

So you going to believe a fanboy forum which has loads of rumours, some correct and a lot not so incorrect over announced features such as dedicated servers for all and 300,000 supporting Xbox Live. The difference with the COD Ghosts and BF4 is Microsoft where very quiet, there is plenty stuff about Xbox Live and how it is being used in ways Sony are not. PS4 may have better graphics but I'm afraid that's all its got.

What the f*ck are you on about?

NeoGAF was correct about the specs of both consoles right down to the TF.

NeoGAF was correct about BF4's resolution as well as CoD: Ghosts' resolution on both next-gen consoles.

NeoGAF was correct about yield issues for the Xbone.

NeoGAF was correct that Microsoft exclusives will get graphically downgraded since the E3 reveal.

The list goes on.

Almost everything they've said has come to fruition, yet you want to continue to shove your head through the sand.

PSN is more feature-rich than XBL. X-game party chat, friendlist, friend invite, fluid transitions, multitasking. These are all features that the PS4 has that the Xbone doesn't. Microsoft didn't code their OS properly, which is surprising, since they're an OS company.

BattlefieldFan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By BattlefieldFan1

@SonofK said:

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

It's too bad Sony is broke, if they had some money they could of afford to have all dedicated servers...oh well...have fun with the lag LMAO

And XBL is regressing to PS2-era trash. No friends list, no x-game chat, no friend invites. LOL...

SonofK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 SonofK

@BattlefieldFan1 said:

@SonofK said:

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

And XBL is regressing to PS2-era trash. No friends list, no x-game chat, no friend invites. LOL...

If you're gonna troll, do it right, that's all I ask.

BattlefieldFan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 BattlefieldFan1

@SonofK said:

@BattlefieldFan1 said:

@SonofK said:

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

That's not trolling.

No friends list, no x-game chat, no friend invites and no multitasking has been confirmed by neogaf insiders like famousmortimor and thuway as well as out very own insider theshensolidus. You're just assmad that the Xbox ONE is a PS2 with better graphics. LOL...

SonofK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By SonofK

@BattlefieldFan1 said:

@SonofK said:

@BattlefieldFan1 said:

@SonofK said:

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

That's not trolling.

No friends list, no x-game chat, no friend invites and no multitasking has been confirmed by neogaf insiders like famousmortimor and thuway as well as out very own insider theshensolidus. You're just assmad that the Xbox ONE is a PS2 with better graphics. LOL...

The PS2 was the best Sony system, I take that as a complement.

It's already been proven that Famousmortimor is an idiot and made up the rumor

www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/xbox-one-ui-snap-feature-crashing-30900683/

OS works fine

XB1 has 8 player party chat.

XB1 has cross game chat, just can't cross game chat with the 360

Your entire post is just complete nonsense. Bad attempt at trolling or masking insecurity over the PS4 attempts to catch up to XBL from 2009.

Speaking of theshensolidus, I've already called that closet cow out on several threads and he ran with his tail tucked between his legs, can't say I blame him.

Cows are the most insecure group of mongoloids, I've never seen a fanbase so terrified like the cows are of the XB1, hence making nonsense up to try to derail the system.

Have fun with those laggy ass servers.

Promised_Trini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Promised_Trini
Member since 2008 • 3651 Posts

Wtf is wrong with all these alt accounts on here.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#122 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

@Promised_Trini said:

Seems to be an absolute tonne at the moment. Cows/Lems going full out mental and ending up getting banned.

Makes for entertaining times for the rest of us though.

Bruin1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Bruin1986
Member since 2007 • 1629 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

To be honest, XBL doesn't have to add as much considering it was universally considered vastly superior to PSN last generation. PSN is shifting to a paid service so it HAS to upgrade significantly, especially considering it was allowed to be less robust than XBL because it was free last gen.

Honest question:

What services or capabilities does the new PSN network offer that the new XBL service does not? I'll be getting a PS4 around next April so I'm genuinely curious.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 inggrish

@Bruin1986 said:

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Honest question:

What services or capabilities does the new PSN network offer that the new XBL service does not? I'll be getting a PS4 around next April so I'm genuinely curious.

Not a lot, really.

Free games every month (which won't get decent until about 6th month after launch of PS4, but alas, will still be there)

cross platform party chat

Playstation Home (in case you're into the second life type socialising)

That's pretty much it. Though to be fair, the only thing XBL offers that psn does not is dedicated servers for games; so pretty much even footing in my eyes.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

@_Matt_ said:

@Bruin1986 said:

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Honest question:

Not a lot, really.

Free games every month (which won't get decent until about 6th month after launch of PS4, but alas, will still be there)

That's pretty much it. Though to be fair, the only thing XBL offers that psn does not is dedicated servers for games; so pretty much even footing in my eyes.

The free games and being $10 cheaper make PS+ far superior to XBL because like you said they are the same services now in terms of feature sets.

Bruin1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Bruin1986
Member since 2007 • 1629 Posts

@_Matt_ said:

@Bruin1986 said:

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Honest question:

Not a lot, really.

Interesting, thanks.

Though, guaranteed, cheap dedicated servers for any XB1 game provided directly by M$ is a huge feather in their cap.

Promised_Trini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Promised_Trini
Member since 2008 • 3651 Posts

@_Matt_ said:

@Promised_Trini said:

Seems to be an absolute tonne at the moment. Cows/Lems going full out mental and ending up getting banned.

It's freaking retarded if you ask me.I mean they should just post with their real accounts. Besides that I gotta say these features are pretty neat on the PS4.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 inggrish

@Bruin1986 said:

@_Matt_ said:

@Bruin1986 said:

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Honest question:

Not a lot, really.

Interesting, thanks.

Though, guaranteed, cheap dedicated servers for any XB1 game provided directly by M$ is a huge feather in their cap.

no problem, sir :)

And yes dedicated servers can be a big thing. It doesn't affect me THAT much, since I usually don't have too many problems with P2P; but that said, still an improvement, and lots will find it brilliant to have,

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By inggrish

@Promised_Trini said:

@_Matt_ said:

@Promised_Trini said:

It's freaking retarded if you ask me.I mean they should just post with their real accounts. Besides that I gotta say these features are pretty neat on the PS4.

It is, yes.

And they should, but if they get banned/suspended, they would rather create new alts to keep ruining SW than to just take a hint and leave.

Yeah, hopefully psn will be full operational day 1 without too many teething issues.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29822 Posts

Cool. I've never really minded psn, but I find it a little cumbersome.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#131  Edited By finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

@Bruin1986 said:

@_Matt_ said:

@Bruin1986 said:

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Honest question:

Not a lot, really.

Interesting, thanks.

Maybe its just me but i have yet to find a difference between playing a game online that has dedicated servers and a game that does not have dedicated servers.

See i've played both types of games so to start first i've played every single Call of Duty game to date on PS3 and as everyone know Call of Duty never ever had dedicated servers on current gen systems and i've never ever had trouble playing online, connecting online, or had lag ( usually a lag happens early when the games launch then as soon as their patched their perfect but future games like MW3, BO2 never lagged ) its straight up click quick match and match starts within seconds.

Now to a game that had dedicated servers like Killzone 2 when it launched and being able to play a game that had dedicated servers it felts nothing different from playing call of duty which had no dedicated servers as it was exactly the same no lag, no connecting issues and straight up click quick match and within seconds match starts.

or how about BF3 which i just finished playing.. it dosent have dedicated servers and i had no trouble connecting, no lag whatssoever, no issues chatting online or anything.

i might be by myself on this one but there is nothing special about knowing a game having dedicated servers compared to another that does not have dedicated servers, both feel exactly the same with no issues, no lag, finding matches in seconds and so on.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 inggrish

@finalstar2007 said:

@Bruin1986 said:

@_Matt_ said:

@Bruin1986 said:

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Honest question:

Not a lot, really.

Interesting, thanks.

Maybe its just me but i have yet to find a different between playing a game online that has dedicated servers and a game that does not have dedicated servers.

See i've played both types of games so to start first i've played every single Call of Duty game to date on PS3 and as everyone know Call of Duty never ever had dedicated servers on current gen systems and i've never ever had trouble playing online, connecting online, or had lag ( usually a lag happens early when the games launch then as soon as their patched their perfect but future games like MW3, BO2 never lagged ) its straight up click quick match and match starts within seconds.

Now to a game that had dedicated servers like Killzone 2 when it launched and being able to play a game that had dedicated servers it felts nothing different from playing call of duty which had no dedicated servers as it was exactly the same no lag, no connecting issues and straight up click quick match and within seconds match starts.

or how about BF3 which i just finished playing.. it dosent have dedicated servers and i had no trouble connecting, no lag whatssoever, no issues chatting online or anything.

i might be by myself on this one but there is nothing special about knowing a game having dedicated servers compared to another that does not have dedicated servers, both feel exactly the same with no issues, no lag, finding matches in seconds and so on.

No, it's not just you; on the whole, you'rte right.

It's worth noting though, this is only for lower player games (like sub 24 I find); that peer to peer and dedicated have almost no differences a lot of the time.

When you get beyond 24 players though... well it's definitely an advantage to have dedicated servers, and becomes more and more so the more players there are.

MAG is a good example on PS3... that game NEVER lagged, it was a seamless experience, even with 256 player games. This would just not be possible on a peer to peer connection at all.

Liquid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Liquid_
Member since 2003 • 3832 Posts

cya later microsoft

TheShensolidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By TheShensolidus
Member since 2013 • 224 Posts

@multipass35: PSN on PS4 does not require you to be in the same game in order to party chat. It works EXACTLY like it does on 360; you form a party on the OS side, you carry it over into whatever game or app you want to run. This is coming from someone who has in-fact used it.

TheShensolidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 TheShensolidus
Member since 2013 • 224 Posts

I'm excited for you guys to get some hands-on with the new PSN and to try it out. It's everything people have wanted from PSN, only well executed. Looking forward to impressions.

Multipass35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Multipass35
Member since 2013 • 312 Posts

@Netret0120 said:

Cheaper console

More powerful

Really? Because im looking at your 18 month lineup and everyone disagrees with you.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#137  Edited By Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20095 Posts

@tdkmillsy: Virtual Machines are awesome indeed. But a phrase like "300,000 servers" is misleading. 300K virtual machines does not mean better network. What it means is higher vulnerability to failure, significant performance hit on numerous services when a node goes down and having to share a pool of resources that might not always be readily available. I work with Windows Azure, which is what MS plans to use for xbox live. Knowing Azure and how it operates is not something to look forward to when running things that MS has planned.

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 XBOunity
Member since 2013 • 3837 Posts

Welcome to 2007 cows

danabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By danabo
Member since 2003 • 2438 Posts

"Sony: PSN has been given the greatest overhaul on PS4"

It's about time, some dedicated servers would be nice.

Maybe they'll get started on some games soon.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#140 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9475 Posts

Man this feature is so totally who cares :)

PS4 still wins.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#141 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44503 Posts

did they get rid of download limitations and instead offer rights transfers?

PinkiePirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By PinkiePirate
Member since 2012 • 1973 Posts

Lag and long download times were the only thing I didn't like about PS3. Glad Sony is stepping it up.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#143 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

I'm highly excited about the new PSN, as it was the only thing I felt that needed an overhaul on ps3. Xbox live felt more interconnected and seamless.