Sony: PSN has been given the greatest overhaul on PS4

• 142 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Seriously cannot wait to try playing online on the PS4! Sony confirms PSN on PS4 has been massively improved!

Speaking about the PS4's launch: “You’re going to see everything that you ordinarily see when you transition from one console generation to the next. So, improved processing power, better graphics – but I think that the most interesting thing is the vastly improved online capabilities.”

“The ability for people to communicate with each other is vastly improved,” “You’ll be able to watch your friends playing their games, and they’ll be able to watch you. You’ll be able to help them, and they’ll be able to help you."

More on the interview is right here: http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2013/11/ps4_will_make_ps3s_good_online_experience_excellent

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

“You’ll be able to watch your friends playing their games, and they’ll be able to watch you. You’ll be able to help them, and they’ll be able to help you."

That alone is reason enough for me to buy the PS4.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

So, you could kinda demo games for people that are skeptical about a game. Like, if I bought Uncharted 4, and wolverine be like "brah, not sure about this one, nuh-uh, cuz the franchise is pretteh stale nao."

I could be like "sup, wolf. check mah gameplay, brethren, and see for yo'self."

Pretty cool feature, if so.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

Now that it is a paid service, i would expect there to be improvements.

But it looks great:-)

Soon it will be on par or better than XBL and Xbox will have nothing on Playstation

Multipass35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 Multipass35
Member since 2013 • 312 Posts

It's about time they exit the 90's.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Sounds much better than XBL. What cool features did MS add? More ads? LMAO

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

That was one of the features I was hoping they would talk more about after the initial unveiling. I thought since they went quiet about it that it wouldn't be ready for a while like some of the other Gaikai stuff.

neversummer75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 neversummer75
Member since 2006 • 1136 Posts

I've said it once and I will say it again- the only thing that is keeping me in the X1 camp is Xbox Live(I do most of my gaming online). In almost all other areas, PS4 is currently beating out the X1. If the PS4's online networks is even close to what Xbox Live has to offer then I'm gone...I will be moving over to the PS4 for this generation. I have both pre-ordered and am holding off until the last possible moment to decide. I need to get more info on how the online networks compare for this next gen.

MajesticShea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MajesticShea
Member since 2013 • 730 Posts

Much better than being able to watch TV and play a mediocre racing game (forza) at the same time.

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

Read the article and it sounds like that feature is basically the only addition...

Its a nice feature and all but its certainly not going to bring PSN to the same level as LIVE.

Would be better if they improved the infrastructure rather than adding bells and whistles to their current service.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

We already knew about those features, and they're completely useless.

Oh well, I guess this is it then. Theres no more improvements to PSN for Sony to talk about because they keep talking about the same things over and over.

Its disappointing that their priorities are wrong.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 RR360DD

Oh well, I guess this is it then. Theres no more improvements to PSN for Sony to talk about because they keep talking about the same things over and over.

always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 always_explicit

Its hilarious that Cows are paying for this new feature packed online service.

New from Sony on PSN "watching your friend play games"....revolutionary. LOL

Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14  Edited By Kinthalis
Member since 2002 • 5503 Posts

Welcome to a decade ago on the PC consolites!

Here's some Crystal pepsi for your enjoyment, wait, let me put on some Nirvana to make you feel at home too.

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 John_Matherson
Member since 2013 • 2085 Posts

@always_explicit said:

Read the article and it sounds like that feature is basically the only addition...

Its a nice feature and all but its certainly not going to bring PSN to the same level as LIVE.

Would be better if they improved the infrastructure rather than adding bells and whistles to their current service.

And by same level you mean ads and angry 9 underloved year olds screaming at me? Wtf do you mean the same level? Xbox Live is like a virtual place where assholes go to gain more energy.

Multipass35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Multipass35

You do realize Xbox Live will do the same thing at launch right? And unlike the PSN, I can do other things on my Xbox One while watching a friend play, like for example...... Another game!

PSN you still have to play the same game if you want to join party chat and it not play any guy. Still can't access your messages as quickly or as easily as Xbox live. Not nearly as fast or quick. Like it or not you still are years..... No decades behind Xbox Live.

NineTailedGoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 NineTailedGoku
Member since 2012 • 1977 Posts

@RR360DD: Lmao, if MS had made this feature you would be gloating over it fanboy lol. You know damn well this feature is awesome, feels like you're a live spectator to your friends. Makes PSN feel alive. I expect MS to copy as this is way better than any new feature on XBL.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

@always_explicit: you make it out that LIVE has it all and yet I'm still pondering what exactly has it got, because all I've heard is party chat and pan has that now, explain to me what LIVE does that Psn doesn't????

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

I always wanted every game to have spectator-mode, so this is like a dream come true.

always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By always_explicit

@John_Matherson said:

@always_explicit said:

And by same level you mean ads and angry 9 underloved year olds screaming at me? Wtf do you mean the same level? Xbox Live is like a virtual place where assholes go to gain more energy.

If thats your experience with LIVE then I would steer clear of it also. However due to the wonderful feature filled LIVE network I have huge friend lists meaning I can avoid angry screaming 9 years olds. I also tend to mute people.

Im not criticising this feature Im just saying iv experienced online play with both the 360 and PS3 and I although I have not had many negative experiences with either ...LIVE definitely trumps PSN. Its just easier, its more reliable in my experience.

I read the Topic title expecting some exciting new features, maybe even a game changer, this feature is pretty dull.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By RR360DD

@NineTailedGoku said:

@RR360DD: Lmao, if MS had made this feature you would be gloating over it fanboy lol. You know damn well this feature is awesome, feels like you're a live spectator to your friends. Makes PSN feel alive. I expect MS to copy as this is way better than any new feature on XBL.

The difference is, MS is allowed to add features like this because they have the core functionality of XBL nailed.

Sony do not. They're wasting time on crap like this instead of improving what matters first.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

@always_explicit said:

What's even more hilarious is the fact that some people are so dumb that they buy a more expensive weaker console than the cheaper stronger counterpart.

Kinect aka eyetoy 2...very revolutionary. LOL

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@John_Matherson said:

@always_explicit said:

If the PS4 is gonna sell more where do you think all those unloved 9 year olds are gonna go? lol

XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 XxR3m1xInHDn3D
Member since 2013 • 2365 Posts

Hopefully it's on par with the 2002 version of XBox Live.

always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By always_explicit

@bezza2011 said:

@always_explicit: you make it out that LIVE has it all and yet I'm still pondering what exactly has it got, because all I've heard is party chat and pan has that now, explain to me what LIVE does that Psn doesn't????

I never claimed LIVE has it all. Iv played both consoles online and my experiences with the 360 were more positive. Im not claiming PSN is broken or terrible I just prefer LIVE. Im not going to spend my time explaining why I perceive Live to be better, its subjective. Disagree if you wish I dont care but its my experience. Dedicated servers is another unseen benefit that might be a game changer when it comes to future online gaming experiences.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#26  Edited By PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

Good to know! I'm used to Xbox live and don't want to give a step back.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

I'm sorry but if i can't preorder PizzaHot and MountainDew from my couch its instantly worst of an experience than God Live.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 finalstar2007

@FinalFighters said:

“You’ll be able to watch your friends playing their games, and they’ll be able to watch you. You’ll be able to help them, and they’ll be able to help you."

That alone is reason enough for me to buy the PS4.

A feature like this will also be pure goodness for those who want to improve in a game ( Example FPS ) and are friends with skilled people it would be easier to see them play and learn from them.

always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 always_explicit

@Suppaman100 said:

@always_explicit said:

What's even more hilarious is the fact that some people are so dumb that they buy a more expensive weaker console than the cheaper stronger counterpart.

Kinect aka eyetoy 2...very revolutionary. LOL

Cheaper, stronger and substantially less interesting. Its why cows spend more time talking about the X1 right?

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 John_Matherson
Member since 2013 • 2085 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

@John_Matherson said:

@always_explicit said:

If the PS4 is gonna sell more where do you think all those unloved 9 year olds are gonna go? lol

Well, where do you always go?

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@John_Matherson said:

@mems_1224 said:

@John_Matherson said:

@always_explicit said:

Well, where do you always go?

anywhere i want. why do you ask?

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By finalstar2007

@freedomfreak said:

So, you could kinda demo games for people that are skeptical about a game. Like, if I bought Uncharted 4, and wolverine be like "brah, not sure about this one, nuh-uh, cuz the franchise is pretteh stale nao."

I could be like "sup, wolf. check mah gameplay, brethren, and see for yo'self."

Pretty cool feature, if so.

Or how about Portal 3 with a pure madness puzzle that someone cant beat, you could easily say "Hey i beat that level long time ago! want some help? watch me beat it and remember to memorize what i do!"

a feature like this cant go wrong unless someone is playing Last of Us 2 for example and the dude is watching the ending scene then that would be trouble to join and watch by mistake lol

Multipass35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Multipass35

@RR360DD: Xbox Live does have this feature genius. And you can watch while doing other things like playing other games, watching a movies, TV ect.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 finalstar2007

@always_explicit said:

You do realize PSN on PS4 has a lot of other features other than watching others playing games right? just because the guy being interviewed focused on 1 feature dosent mean its the only feature out there :/

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 finalstar2007

@RR360DD said:

Xbone has a feature like this? i been keeping an eye on both PS4 and Xbone but never heard about a feature like it on xbone :/ ... link or didnt happen

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

@RR360DD said:

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Murderstyle75
Member since 2011 • 4412 Posts

@RR360DD:

And what exactly matters first? I use both Xbox Live and PSN on a daily basis and see little to no difference what so ever except for party chat which kills the competitive feel of what Xbox Live once had. I'm not crazy about it coming to PSN but since I'm a minority, I hope they don't turn it into a huge privacy network for over sensitive and butthurt people who can't handle a little proximity chat trash talk which is exactly what Xbox Live is. They spit a mean game on message boards but in the game itself, they hide behind privacy features.

To say that PSN is slow and laggy means one of two things. Either you are a liar and never used it or you don't have the mental capacity or manliness to use a power drill and are trying to use the really bad wifi that's in the PS3.

That issue is hardware related and represents the shit brand that the Playstation was when they designed the console and a time when I was 100% pro Xbox. What it doesn't represent is the quality of the online service. I mean Jesus f**king Christ. I downloaded all 27 GB of TLOU in an hour and a half.

Multipass35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Multipass35

@finalstar2007: it's called Skype....... Where you can choose the kinect camera or share screen. As that takes place, I can play a game, watch TV or movie, surf the web, listen to music, basically do anything I want. nothing special, just freedom.

You wouldn't understand freedom because when you join a party chat on PSN you are required to play the same game as everyone in the party or no game at all just like your gonna be forced to do on PS4.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5882 Posts

Seeing as numbers is so important (1080p, 900p, 720p), how many servers does Sony have for their PSN network? Bet its not 100,000 nevermind the 300,000 available for Xbox Live.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts
@finalstar2007 said:

Or how about Portal 3 with a pure madness puzzle that someone cant beat, you could easily say "Hey i beat that level long time ago! want some help? watch me beat it and remember to memorize what i do!"

a feature like this cant go wrong unless someone is playing Last of Us 2 for example and the dude is watching the ending scene then that would be trouble to join and watch by mistake lol

Yeah, it's like Miiverse in that regard.

True. I wonder how they'll handle that. Perhaps you can warn people by some use of a spoiler feature.

Multipass35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Multipass35

@tdkmillsy: the PS4 is going to share servers with the PS3. So they will roughly have 40,000. So yeah, nothing special.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 NathanDrakeSwag

@RR360DD said:

Sony should have focused more on TV and fvcked up the hardware so bad that it can't do 1080p.

Multipass35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Multipass35

@NathanDrakeSwag: or maybe Sony should focus on games? They have none.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#44 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

@always_explicit: the thing is they are changing it up for ps4, so no one can judge and still no one can tell me what LIVE is offering what PSN isn't as it stands at the moment Psn is offering more for your money. All this dedicated servers every major game company has there own servers

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Murderstyle75
Member since 2011 • 4412 Posts

@tdkmillsy:

Can you really say you are happy having most your online matches dictated by dedicated servers? And its irrelevant in games like Battlefield, you will be using EA's servers anyway as well as the ones we rent from them.

I think when I game later today, I'll pull out some of my older games that run on dedicated servers. I think ill use them as drink coasters since the servers are no longer supported. When I buy a game, I expect to be able to play it for the entire duration of the consoles life. Without that gaurentee, you have nothing more than a $60 rental.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 NathanDrakeSwag

@multipass35 said:

There are over 100 more games already announced for PS4 than Xbone and Sony still hasn't revealed what most of their biggest studios are working on. MS blew their load for the entire gen already and nobody was impressed except the most loyal lemmings.

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

SDC!!

YD_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#48 YD_11
Member since 2006 • 1867 Posts

Ohh cross game chat?? Welcome to 10 years ago

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 LJS9502_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@always_explicit said:

Don't be so bitter man.....

Multipass35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Multipass35

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

@multipass35 said:

There are over 100 more games already announced for PS4 than Xbone and Sony still hasn't revealed what most of their biggest studios are working on. MS blew their load for the entire gen already and nobody was impressed except the most loyal lemmings.

No one cares about indie games lol.