Sony Patents NO loading technology for PS5!

• 165 results
#101 Posted by dxmcat (2718 posts) -
@BassMan said:

@boxrekt: When the PS5 launches and it takes time to load the game, a save, or load into a completely different level or part of the world... will you be reviving these threads to show how wrong you were? Probably not, as you will most likely be banned by then. At least come back as one of your alts and do us the favour.

thought it was already an alt, rofl.

#102 Posted by tormentos (29236 posts) -

I also want to add that this is something that could very well be done on PC as well,so there is no need for insecurity on Hermits side,the problem stopping this from been implemented on PC is fragmentation of different devices,were hardware is make to work with a barrage of configurations.

Imagine making a game without loading on PC,but you have tons of people on SSD and other on Hybrid and other on standard 7200rpm disc or 5200RPM.

How can you load the game for all this devices exactly the same,even more lets say its an online game,so SSD loaded in 0.5 second everything is ready and you have to wait 1 minute or so for other people who are not on SSD.

So basically you kill the advantage of someone else because you are hold back by older tech.

#103 Posted by uninspiredcup (34414 posts) -

Don't care about loading screens. And many games will probably opt to use them anyway.

#104 Posted by Fedor (5277 posts) -

@boxrekt: You just keep on proving me right.

#105 Posted by Archangel3371 (28414 posts) -

Publishers will put in artificial loading screens so as to give an excuse for them to put in ads.

#106 Posted by Pedro (35484 posts) -

@tormentos said:

I also want to add that this is something that could very well be done on PC as well,so there is no need for insecurity on Hermits side,the problem stopping this from been implemented on PC is fragmentation of different devices,were hardware is make to work with a barrage of configurations.

Imagine making a game without loading on PC,but you have tons of people on SSD and other on Hybrid and other on standard 7200rpm disc or 5200RPM.

How can you load the game for all this devices exactly the same,even more lets say its an online game,so SSD loaded in 0.5 second everything is ready and you have to wait 1 minute or so for other people who are not on SSD.

So basically you kill the advantage of someone else because you are hold back by older tech.

Seamless or no loading can be achieved by streaming data asynchronously in the background and only loading what is immediately needed and softly loading the data that will eventually be needed. This would negate everything you just stated. A developer (which OP and yourself are not grasping their importance) can design a game to be seamless or have no loading based on the slowest storage device, so that the game is design with specific metrics for assets avoiding stutter and a loading screen. No loading games takes more time to develop and requires it to be part of the game's initial design. We have had games with no loading since Jak and Daxter on the PS2.

#107 Edited by BoxRekt (2004 posts) -
@tormentos said:

The fact that you pointed out is why so many are angry in this thread, lol.

I figured it would cause a lot of butthurt here. As expected.

They like to claim I'm mad while they're having a nuclear meltdown πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜….

#108 Posted by Pedro (35484 posts) -

@boxrekt said:

The fact that you pointed out is why so many are angry in this thread, lol.

I figured it would cause a lot of butthurt here. As expected.

They like to claim I'm mad while they're having a nuclear meltdown πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜….

Ignorance is not something to boast about. πŸ˜…

#109 Edited by BoxRekt (2004 posts) -
@fedor said:

@boxrekt: You just keep on proving me right.

Except you haven't been proven right even once.

You just talk nonsense and harp on calling me angry while saying nothing. You're like a broken record that repeats the same lines.

Maybe post something relevant on the topic and actually prove something instead of patting yourself on the back for being a played out one-line troll.

#110 Posted by tormentos (29236 posts) -

@Pedro said:

Seamless or no loading can be achieved by streaming data asynchronously in the background and only loading what is immediately needed and softly loading the data that will eventually be needed. This would negate everything you just stated. A developer (which OP and yourself are not grasping their importance) can design a game to be seamless or have no loading based on the slowest storage device, so that the game is design with specific metrics for assets avoiding stutter and a loading screen. No loading games takes more time to develop and requires it to be part of the game's initial design. We have had games with no loading since Jak and Daxter on the PS2.

Yes but they have and INITIAL loading,the rest is streamed as you go,GTA works like this since the PS2 as well.

You basically have no load times on RDR2 just 1 BIG one the rest is streamed,what is been done here is different,and is shooting to all games to load virtually instantly,i don't know if they can pull it or not,but rather than been bitter about it people should be celebratring it.

#111 Posted by Fedor (5277 posts) -

@boxrekt: Lol, your lack of self awareness is astounding.

This topic has already been picked apart, you just refuse to accept reality, instead opting to buy into buzzwords and marketing. This is why you're always wrong, always hyperbolic, and always angry.

#112 Posted by Pedro (35484 posts) -

@tormentos said:
@Pedro said:

Yes but they have and INITIAL loading,the rest is streamed as you go,GTA works like this since the PS2 as well.

You basically have no load times on RDR2 just 1 BIG one the rest is streamed,what is been done here is different,and is shooting to all games to load virtually instantly,i don't know if they can pull it or not,but rather than been bitter about it people should be celebratring it.

No one is bitter. The OP is claiming that load times are going to be eliminated because of this tech(which is already in use) and that is simply false. The tech has to be used by developers and he believes it automatic without developer intervention. Feel free to support the fool if you want. :)

#113 Posted by br0kenrabbit (16139 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@Pedro said:
@br0kenrabbit said:

Even the original 90's Doom used a similar technique called BSP (Binary Space Partitioning) to limit the memory load.

Its pretty obvious the level of bitternes on your part and how you agree with the notion that not only this is BSP (which is not) and then you try to redicule a point make on this thread and failed misserably.

What sony is doing is not BSP work on all games,and is not PRT or tile resources either which also work in another way,your game either use PRT or not,this work on all games and is not just for TEXTURES.

And yes i KNOW you didn't bring those or talk about those,but i my self bring it because i already read a post from Rondemencia talking about PRT or Tile resources which is the same shit with different names and that only adressd TEXTURES not audio,or effects,this work on a data level which mean it works on everything from sound to textures everything.

Nobody said it was BSP, that's you inserting your own language into what was not said. What WAS said, was that BSP is a similar technique, which it is.

#114 Edited by BoxRekt (2004 posts) -
@fedor said:

@boxrekt: Lol, your lack of self awareness is astounding.

This topic has already been picked apart, you just refuse to accept reality, instead opting to buy into buzzwords and marketing. This is why you're always wrong, always hyperbolic, and always angry.

More brainless one liners.

That's all you are I see.

Don't talk to me about self awareness kid, this is a discussion forum. If you don't have the ability to defend your own points then why are you talking to me?

lol and the topic hasn't been "picked apart", especially not by you.

Having people disagree with me is never an issue that concerns me because I'm able to logically explain and defend any subject matter I speak on.

You on the other hand depend on seem to be incapable of logically speaking on a matter and simply resort to empty one liners directed at the person making an argument. Saying, "bu but you're angry" isn't an argument unless you're a 5 year old.

Seeking validation from others to prop up what you're saying shows you don't have anything else to argue with.

If you're not intelligent enough to actually make an argument for yourself or without regurgitated personal attacks then you really shouldn't be jumping into the conversation.

#115 Edited by Fedor (5277 posts) -

@boxrekt: Still proving me right, cashangry. Please write me another essay.

#116 Edited by BoxRekt (2004 posts) -

@fedor:

#117 Posted by Fedor (5277 posts) -

@boxrekt: Lol you don't even meme well. This is just another thing you'll learn in time. Just like how last week you learned about GPU architectures.

#118 Posted by tormentos (29236 posts) -

@br0kenrabbit said:

Nobody said it was BSP, that's you inserting your own language into what was not said. What WAS said, was that BSP is a similar technique, which it is.

You call it similar is not similar at all,BSP is use for rendering is not the same or similar to what sony is doing which would include all data part of the game,rather than just the rendering process alone.

#119 Posted by BoxRekt (2004 posts) -
@fedor said:

@boxrekt: Lol you don't even meme well. This is just another thing you'll learn in time. Just like how last week you learned about GPU architectures.

You're still angry and without an argument.

I've realized you're handicap in actual debates so I've downgraded to your level of understanding. The meme is in perfect context if you realized the dog represents your level of discussion ability.

Wasn't trying to confuse you with anything to complex here, but you still didn't catch it. Lost cause.

#120 Edited by br0kenrabbit (16139 posts) -

@tormentos said:
@br0kenrabbit said:

You call it similar is not similar at all,BSP is use for rendering is not the same or similar to what sony is doing which would include all data part of the game,rather than just the rendering process alone.

It is similar, it is not the same. All data on a BSP map is stored in active RAM, is culled through BSP and moved into vram for display. Sony is using a similar method for the System Ram, but instead of culling its caching.

If you want a software near equivalent, look at Bethesdas games. They preload cells, and can be told to precache them if you edit the .ini. Hinders performance quite a bit but it's there.

uInterior Cell Buffer=12

uExterior Cell Buffer=144

iPreloadSizeLimit=104857600

bBackgroundLoadLipFiles=1

bLoadBackgroundFaceGen=1

bBackgroundCellLoads=1

bLoadHelmetsInBackground=1

iBackgroundLoadLoading=1

bBackgroundPathing=1

#121 Edited by Fedor (5277 posts) -

@boxrekt: Lol, I can tell you don't even believe what you're saying at this point.

Discussion is pointless with you. L2meme

Oh and by complex do you mean like GPU architectures? Which you learned about last week?

#122 Edited by BoxRekt (2004 posts) -
@fedor said:

@boxrekt: Lol, I can tell you don't even believe what you're saying at this point.

Discussion is pointless with you. L2meme

Oh and by complex do you mean like GPU architectures? Which you learned about last week?

latching onto someone elses discussion again? lol as expected!

like I said, you seeking validation through the arguments others because you're incapable of making your own. lol all I did was ask a question and you act like you won a prize because of their response?

Get a grip. You've never been able to give a logical to anything in a rational manner like that poster. Just because he was able to explain why he feels the way he did doesn't mean you win a prize.

You really would be lost if it wasn't for seeking validation through others. Any other tail grabbing that makes you feel accomplished that you'd like to share? It's all you have so I'll humor you.

#123 Edited by Fedor (5277 posts) -

@boxrekt: Latching onto whom? That's also a fun way of saying you talk about shit you have no clue about. I remember explaining TDP and power draw to you, you know what happened? You had a temper tantrum. I remember asking you for links from you where you were claiming monstrous specs for PS5, you know what you did? Temper tantrum. Discussion with you is pointless.

Hey, remember a couple days ago when you learned about die size? Lol, this isn't going well for you.

#124 Edited by BoxRekt (2004 posts) -

@fedor: Now you're resorting back to your lies to bullshit our way through being called out for trying to claim a win off someone else conversation.

Is that what you do when you're not able to latch on someone elses argument? You're all over the place and desperately making up lies now.

It's weird how you claim to have told me about all these things when I'm the one who provided links to factual evidence to you because you were spewing false information and lies.

Seems you're the one throwing a tantrum at the moment, as expected.

#125 Edited by Fedor (5277 posts) -

@boxrekt: Lol I'm not lying at all. I learned months ago how you act. Everyone on this forum has seen how you act. Lol, what are you on?

Do you ever stop and wonder why you've been banned multiple times?

#126 Edited by BoxRekt (2004 posts) -
@fedor said:

@boxrekt: Lol I'm not lying at all. I learned months ago how you act. Everyone on this forum has seen how you act. Lol, what are you on?

LMFAO, and now it's back to validation seeking πŸ˜‚ thanks for proving my point. Can't make this shit up.

You're a broken record, one-liner regurgitating troll.

You're not only a liar you're not able to break your habit of seeking validation when you're not leaning on others arguments or regurgitating your one-liners.

Miss me with your angry childish tirade. You've derailed this thread because of your idiotic need to push some personal anger issues against me long enough.

#128 Posted by Fedor (5277 posts) -

@boxrekt: Still writing essays and having temper tantrums. Why do you try so hard to get people mad? It doesnt work. I didn't derail your thread either, you started talking to me.

Oh you cut off my question. Do you ever wonder why you've been banned multiple times?

#129 Posted by BoxRekt (2004 posts) -
@boxrekt said:

Miss me with your angry childish tirade. You've derailed this thread because of your idiotic need to push some personal anger issues against me long enough.

@fedor said:

@boxrekt: Still writing essays and having temper tantrums. Why do you try so hard to get people mad? It doesnt work. I didn't derail your thread either, you started talking to me.

Oh you cut off my question. Do you ever wonder why you've been banned multiple times?

#130 Posted by Fedor (5277 posts) -

@boxrekt: Lol, I'll take that as a no. Well its been fun laughing at you. How about you respond to me in the other thread you're avoiding? Or you can continue being easily triggered in this one, up to you.

#131 Posted by BoxRekt (2004 posts) -
@fedor said:

@boxrekt: Lol, I'll take that as a no. Well its been fun laughing at you. How about you respond to me in the other thread you're avoiding? Or you can continue being easily triggered in this one, up to you.

Your obsession to continue a personal mud slinging contest, that has nothing to do with the topic, shows you're extremely childish and heavily invested in your angry personal vendetta.

Talking about being triggered, angry and desperate. Dude I'm not interested in your delusions or idiotic pissing contest. I come to this board to debate about video games.

If you need a partner for a mindless bitching contest https://twitter.com/

#132 Posted by Fedor (5277 posts) -

@boxrekt said:
@fedor said:

Your obsession to continue a personal mud slinging contest, that has nothing to do with the topic, shows you're extremely childish and heavily invested in your angry personal vendetta.

Talking about being triggered, angry and desperate. Dude I'm not interested in your delusions or idiotic pissing contest. I come to this board to debate about video games.

If you need a partner for a mindless bitching contest https://twitter.com/

I've been very kind to you. I didn't cause your anger issues.

#133 Posted by BoxRekt (2004 posts) -

@fedor: Unfortunately, I may have accidentally caused your anger issues.

That wasn't my intention it's just video games. You really need to stop treating this place like your personal waambulance lashing out at posters trying to make threads into personal attacks sessions because you're incapable of formulating any good arguments.

That's all.

Any other off topic personal aggression you'd like to lash out at me with, just imagine that you hurt me deeply and you WON something valuable with this off topic pissing contest of yours.

#134 Posted by Fedor (5277 posts) -

@boxrekt: Is flailing fallacies about the only thing you have? No wonder you anger so easily.

#135 Posted by clone01 (27527 posts) -

@boxrekt said:
@dxmcat said:

talk about a marketing puppet

Perhaps you're illiterate and can't read or are too ignorant to realize patents filed for marketing purposes. Either way you come across as a troll.

lol, the cashangry irony.

#136 Posted by lundy86_4 (53647 posts) -

This thread took a dire turn lol. It's also fun watching someone post paragraphs in response to a one or two sentence post, and yet calling that person angry. Glorious.

#137 Posted by clone01 (27527 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

This thread took a dire turn lol. It's also fun watching someone post paragraphs in response to a one or two sentence post, and yet calling that person angry. Glorious.

Cashangry is seriously not right.

#138 Edited by lundy86_4 (53647 posts) -

@clone01 said:

Cashangry is seriously not right.

Anybody who burns through alts needs to have some sort of check-up, that's for sure.

#139 Posted by PinchySkree (1238 posts) -
@calvincfb said:

@PinchySkree: another PC beggar hurting LMFAO

No, someone who has all systems so access to all games and doesn't need to beg like a loser in a niche forum hoping the platforms I can't get access to will magically disappear like you do

#140 Posted by I_P_Daily (12360 posts) -

Its fun seeing the alts scramble in this thread.

At this point boxy & calvin might be the same person as they are always defending each other and they're always wrong LMFAO.

#141 Posted by DrLostRib (5022 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

his lack of self-awareness is astounding

#142 Posted by Calvincfb (0 posts) -

@PinchySkree: all I see is you crying for help lol

#143 Edited by lundy86_4 (53647 posts) -

@drlostrib said:

his lack of self-awareness is astounding

Yeah... It's almost worrying. Though, it's a damn good read lol.

#144 Edited by PinchySkree (1238 posts) -
@calvincfb said:

@PinchySkree: all I see is you crying for help lol

Seeing things that aren't there, a clear example of delusion

Sounds like a problem you need to get checked

#145 Posted by tormentos (29236 posts) -

@br0kenrabbit said:

It is similar, it is not the same. All data on a BSP map is stored in active RAM, is culled through BSP and moved into vram for display. Sony is using a similar method for the System Ram, but instead of culling its caching.

If you want a software near equivalent, look at Bethesdas games. They preload cells, and can be told to precache them if you edit the .ini. Hinders performance quite a bit but it's there.

uInterior Cell Buffer=12

bLoadBackgroundFaceGen=1

bBackgroundCellLoads=1

iBackgroundLoadLoading=1

bBackgroundPathing=1

Is not similar because it work on a universal level,rather than been program for 1 game,so regardless of Bethesda using PRT or other developer using other methop which tradicionally would require loding they would all behave in the same way.

Also BSP doesn't get rid of pop ups,like it was showed to be the case with sony's tech.

#146 Posted by Calvincfb (0 posts) -

@PinchySkree: Keep crying.

#147 Posted by PinchySkree (1238 posts) -

@calvincfb said:

@PinchySkree: Keep crying.

Keep being delusional and begging

#148 Edited by Calvincfb (0 posts) -

@PinchySkree: can you provide evidence of my begging for some game? :) I dare you.

#149 Posted by br0kenrabbit (16139 posts) -

@tormentos said:
@br0kenrabbit said:

uInterior Cell Buffer=12

bLoadBackgroundFaceGen=1

bBackgroundCellLoads=1

iBackgroundLoadLoading=1

bBackgroundPathing=1

Is not similar because it work on a universal level,rather than been program for 1 game,so regardless of Bethesda using PRT or other developer using other methop which tradicionally would require loding they would all behave in the same way.

Also BSP doesn't get rid of pop ups,like it was showed to be the case with sony's tech.

Again, no one is saying it's the same thing. It IS similar, on a technical level. It is not a revolution, it's an evolution.

#150 Posted by tormentos (29236 posts) -

@br0kenrabbit said:

Again, no one is saying it's the same thing. It IS similar, on a technical level. It is not a revolution, it's an evolution.

Well i am not saying is revolutionary or call it that way like TC did.

But surely is not what has been on PC for ages,you still have loading on PC and most games even the ones that make loading close to transparent have a loading at some point.

But on PC getting this done is quite more difficult because of tech fragmentation.