TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22660 Posts

@ghostwarrior786: My issue isn't with the plethora of services that could round the corner, it's with Sonys response. We're so quick to consider gamers the lowest common denominator that we actually crave a new feature to be blown up before it even launches. EA doesn't govern my gaming life... do they for you? Again I say that if this new service shows little value it will fail... as did U play or OnLive or GFWL. listening to a suit dictate what has worth and what doesn't have worth to me is lame. Put the product out and see how gamers respond. We WILL reject it if it isn't worth the asking price. There are PLENTY of other publishers willing to play ball on psn+ if EA doesn't wish to partake.

As for the PSNow Comment, I stand by it in the sense that sony seems content with judging a third party service as "no value", yet their own service (which we actually HAVE seen in action) by all accounts and for many different reasons has no value either... I like sony and all but that was a painful interview that comes off as a cheap shot to me.

Does the service prove to have no value to gamers? Or does it rattle the cage of psn+...? For them to speak on our behalf is wholely lame.

Zelda187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#102  Edited By Zelda187
Member since 2005 • 1047 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

Did they go through with it? I've said "I'm going to kill that f**king guy" many times and didn't do it. Should I be guilty of attempted murder?

When Sony backtracks, if they do, and gives the option of assessing value to the consumer then they are not against my freedom to decide what I value. After all its my money.

LOL

The only reason they didn't go through with it was because of the immense backlash and the prospect of tons of lems flocking to Sony in droves. Which a lot of them have done anyway.

The XBone was set to reign supreme this generation and then Microsoft fucked it up in one fell swoop at E3.

They abandoned DRM and they've already all but abandoned the Kinnect which XBOX fanboys said was going to be so much better than last generations version and "revolutionize" gaming. LOL

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

@TheEroica said:

@ghostwarrior786: My issue isn't with the plethora of services that could round the corner, it's with Sonys response. We're so quick to consider gamers the lowest common denominator that we actually crave a new feature to be blown up before it even launches. EA doesn't govern my gaming life... do they for you? Again I say that if this new service shows little value it will fail... as did U play or OnLive or GFWL. listening to a suit dictate what has worth and what doesn't have worth to me is lame. Put the product out and see how gamers respond. We WILL reject it if it isn't worth the asking price. There are PLENTY of other publishers willing to play ball on psn+ if EA doesn't wish to partake.

As for the PSNow Comment, I stand by it in the sense that sony seems content with judging a third party service as "no value", yet their own service (which we actually HAVE seen in action) by all accounts and for many different reasons has no value either... I like sony and all but that was a painful interview that comes off as a cheap shot to me.

i couldnt care less about sony response because like all companies its just pr garbage but i do think they made the right decision here. console gamers dont know shit, they willingly paid a subscription fee for xbl and encouraged shit like pre-order bonuses, 2 things which are now the norm in the industry. i dont trust these dude bros at all, especially when the future of the industry is at stake so im happy sony came to this decision.

i dont like the idea of publishers having their own service on top of ps+/xbl, that would be a disaster for the industry imo. it also reduces the value of ps+/xbl because to play online we are going to have to pay regardless but wouldnt u rather get those 'free' monthly games from all publishers instead of just 1st party exclusives? because not too far from now, if this thing is a success, ea/activision/ubisoft will stop offering their games on ps+/games with gold

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 ghostwarrior786

@cainetao11 said:

@ghostwarrior786: haha wtf are u talking about? sony actually has done the right thing here. this ea service isnt like ps now, its more like ps+, why cant ea just add those games to ps+? do we really need all these publishers making their own services now just so players can access their old games digitally? if this thing is the success by 2016 ubisoft/acitivision will all have their service and guess what? they wont be offering their games with ps+/games with gold anymore.

i for one hope this thing flops

Nah, I don't buy it. Its DC because the price model undercuts Sony's with psnow. And lol at what we need. Like companies care whether we need more subscription services. We don't need any of this industry. Its big business, they are all in it for money.

im sure sony are not telling us the real reason for them disallowing it but i couldnt care less about their real motive because like u said they are a company and want to make profit. im just glad sony said no to this shit, i dont want publishers to start their own services

SoftwareGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#105  Edited By SoftwareGeek
Member since 2014 • 573 Posts

@TheEroica:

@TheEroica said:

Does the service prove to have no value to gamers? Or does it rattle the cage of psn+...? For them to speak on our behalf is wholely lame.

hahaha. Sony is playing the role of big brother and they don't want to compete. This can go 1 of 2 ways for Sony. EA plays ball on the psn+. Orrr....EA doesn't. Sounds to me like they won't. Will other companies follow suit and put services on the xb1? oh this could be a nightmare for you ps4 owners. lols....gawd!

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#106  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

@Zelda187 said:

@cainetao11 said:

Did they go through with it? I've said "I'm going to kill that f**king guy" many times and didn't do it. Should I be guilty of attempted murder?

When Sony backtracks, if they do, and gives the option of assessing value to the consumer then they are not against my freedom to decide what I value. After all its my money.

LOL

The only reason they didn't go through with it was because of the immense backlash and the prospect of tons of lems flocking to Sony in droves. Which a lot of them have done anyway.

The XBone was set to reign supreme this generation and then Microsoft fucked it up in one fell swoop at E3.

They abandoned DRM and they've already all but abandoned the Kinnect which XBOX fanboys said was going to be so much better than last generations version and "revolutionize" gaming. LOL

What does any of that have to do with what I said? I know why any business changes anything. Money. Why did Sony decide Rumble wasnt "so last gen" for the PS3? Because consumers didnt like not having it. Thats what you're supposed to do in business. Change what obviously isnt going to work. This doesnt placate the fact that MS was effin stupid with those policies. But if I was going to hold every company responsible for what they almost did, I wouldnt be buying much from anyone.

Still doesnt answer the statement of how does Sony get to decide what I value for my money?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By cainetao11
@ghostwarrior786 said:

@cainetao11 said:

@ghostwarrior786: haha wtf are u talking about? sony actually has done the right thing here. this ea service isnt like ps now, its more like ps+, why cant ea just add those games to ps+? do we really need all these publishers making their own services now just so players can access their old games digitally? if this thing is the success by 2016 ubisoft/acitivision will all have their service and guess what? they wont be offering their games with ps+/games with gold anymore.

Nah, I don't buy it. Its DC because the price model undercuts Sony's with psnow. And lol at what we need. Like companies care whether we need more subscription services. We don't need any of this industry. Its big business, they are all in it for money.

im sure sony are not telling us the real reason for them disallowing it but i couldnt care less about their real motive because like u said they are a company and want to make profit. im just glad sony said no to this shit, i dont want publishers to start their own services

Well looks like its too late. One already is. If its successful other will follow, and that has been the trend of business since humans started trading goods. It will only be stopped by us, the consumer. Telling me whats of value, especially when you are trying something in the same ball park is stupid, but I understand. They dont want competition on their platform.

Zelda187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#108 Zelda187
Member since 2005 • 1047 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

@Zelda187 said:

@cainetao11 said:

LOL

Still doesnt answer the statement of how does Sony get to decide what I value for my money?

Unless you buy multiple, mediocre EA releases every year...why does it even matter?

This is another cash grab by EA, period.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 cainetao11

@Zelda187 said:

@cainetao11 said:

@Zelda187 said:

@cainetao11 said:

LOL

Unless you buy multiple, mediocre EA releases every year...why does it even matter?

This is another cash grab by EA, period.

Which is why in the other thread, the one announcing EA's service's existence I have stated I will wait to see it up and running for a while, and what games get added. I dont decide by publisher which games I buy. I decide by what I want to play. And there are quite a few EA published like Dead space 2&3 that I havent played. It matters for the same reason No used games mattered. Its my money. I dont want a company telling me what I value spending it on.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#110 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@parkurtommo said:

@deadline-zero0 said:

specially since it's from EA.

Isn't that a good reason to stay away from it?

Hhhmm.. Mirror's Edge 2, Dragon Age: Inquisition... maybe not.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#111  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@starwolf474 said:

I hate the idea of EA Access and any kind of game rental service and I hope they all fail, but Sony's reason here is complete bullshit. We all know that the real reason is they don't want it competing with PlayStation Now which is a much worse value than this.

Probably. In Sony's defense the PSNow will have a hell of a lot more games then EA Access. The big difference here is that PSNow will be streaming and EA Access with be digital download (I believe). Also, I don't think Sony would make a large profit with this service immediately, which probably concerns them. Sony needs profits NOW, not 12-18 months from now. M$ can afford to wait and they have the servers to host something like this if EA doesn't.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 ghostwarrior786

@cainetao11 said:
@ghostwarrior786 said:

@cainetao11 said:

Well looks like its too late. One already is. If its successful other will follow, and that has been the trend of business since humans started trading goods. It will only be stopped by us, the consumer. Telling me whats of value, especially when you are trying something in the same ball park is stupid, but I understand. They dont want competition on their platform.

the console consumers are fukin stupid, did they stop ms from charging for playing online? did they say no to yearly cod rehashes? did they speak up against this bullshit pre-order bonuses?

this ea service isnt even a direct competitor to psnow because that is a streaming service and the library will be mostly old sony games. this is just ea deciding not to put their games on the monthly ps+/games with gold program and instead charging people extra

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#113 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

Sounds more like Sony is afraid of competition. I dont care about the EA service but not giving their customers a choice and saying they know whats best for them is the wrong way to go. Thats how the PS3 happened.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 cainetao11

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@cainetao11 said:
@ghostwarrior786 said:

@cainetao11 said:

the console consumers are fukin stupid, did they stop ms from charging for playing online? did they say no to yearly cod rehashes? did they speak up against this bullshit pre-order bonuses?

this ea service isnt even a direct competitor to psnow because that is a streaming service and the library will be mostly old sony games. this is just ea deciding not to put their games on the monthly ps+/games with gold program and instead charging people extra

Well I wish I didnt have to pay for anything in Life. But I am not stupid for paying for what I wish to make use of. I pay for Live and PS+. COD I dont, but who am I to tell someone who loves them they are stupid? You are basically assessing value for others, and evidently so are Sony. Doesnt sound all that level headed to me.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

They're right.

This is a cash grab by EA and the start of a slippery slope. It also undermines the value of GWG. Hopefully it fails like Origin did. Alas lems will eat it up like the losers they are because it's something special just for them.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#116 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

cows got owned by sony.

i already complained to shuhei and playstation on twitter about this ( doesnt affect me thought, i got an xb1 ) about how stupid their reasoning is.

ps now better have ea games on their service and match the subscription price. $5 a month is nothing to be able to play all of ea's games.

cows, sony cockblocked you guys badly

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

It would make perfect sense for them to get EA's service on the platform when they're pushing PS NOW.. :/

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 GrenadeLauncher
@jsmoke03 said:

to be able to play all of ea's games.

Hahahahha he thinks this is happening.

Avatar image for OniLordAsmodeus
OniLordAsmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 OniLordAsmodeus
Member since 2010 • 381 Posts

@TheEroica said:

Well said.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

Or because it would be direct competition with better games atm

Avatar image for OniLordAsmodeus
OniLordAsmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 OniLordAsmodeus
Member since 2010 • 381 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@TheEroica said:

i couldnt care less about sony response because like all companies its just pr garbage but i do think they made the right decision here. console gamers dont know shit, they willingly paid a subscription fee for xbl and encouraged shit like pre-order bonuses, 2 things which are now the norm in the industry. i dont trust these dude bros at all, especially when the future of the industry is at stake so im happy sony came to this decision.

i dont like the idea of publishers having their own service on top of ps+/xbl, that would be a disaster for the industry imo. it also reduces the value of ps+/xbl because to play online we are going to have to pay regardless but wouldnt u rather get those 'free' monthly games from all publishers instead of just 1st party exclusives? because not too far from now, if this thing is a success, ea/activision/ubisoft will stop offering their games on ps+/games with gold

Question: were you for or against the first pass for the X1?

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 GrenadeLauncher

@blue_hazy_basic said:

Why would it be competition if PS+ is needed for online play on the PS4, and Plus does discounts and games across all publishers whereas Access is EA only?

If anything this dilutes the value of XBL now. Ain't gonna see BF4 on GWG now.

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts

If Sony could put up their first party titles on their streaming service at a reasonable price maybe others will follows. Until then, I don't understand why Sony would reject this value but allow other publishers to extort prices on PSnow.

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:

Why would it be competition if PS+ is needed for online play on the PS4, and Plus does discounts and games across all publishers whereas Access is EA only?

Did you see what I said in the other thread?

EDIT to summarise - I think this is a rip off, would not want. I think PSNow for PS3 is amazing deal, but absolutely awful for the PS4.

Also would you need PSN for this? Lots of people don't play online and so direct comeptition, if you do, then paywall hilarity.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#125 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

@nini200 said:

I wonder if EA will pull it's support from PS4 now that they declined them like EA did when Nintendo declined their online network service lol

Unless they wanted MS to buy them out they're not going to pull support from the PS4 when it has such a strong lead. They're still kicking themselves over Titian Fall not being on the PS4.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 GrenadeLauncher
@blue_hazy_basic said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:

About PS4 Plus not having DA BIG GAMEZ? Because those games are now more likely to show up on Plus than GWG. What incentive does EA have to put them on GWG when they can leave them on Access and get more of a cut?

Now watch as this gets copied industry-wide and you'll see even less games.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By jsmoke03

@GrenadeLauncher said:
@jsmoke03 said:

thats what im assuming this service is yes....but even if it isnt....subscription isnt bad value even if it is just a rotation of monthly game rentals.

i think its stupid that sony would cockblock cows from a service that their chief rival is offering when psnow seems to be horrendous with its own pricing plan.

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

@GrenadeLauncher said:
@blue_hazy_basic said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:

About PS4 Plus not having DA BIG GAMEZ? Because those games are now more likely to show up on Plus than GWG. What incentive does EA have to put them on GWG when they can leave them on Access and get more of a cut?

Now watch as this gets copied industry-wide and you'll see even less games.

So basically what I said about direct competition .....

Also what incentive does EA have to put them on Plus?

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#130 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

@jsmoke03 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:
@jsmoke03 said:

thats what im assuming this service is yes....but even if it isnt....subscription isnt bad value even if it is just a rotation of monthly game rentals.

i think its stupid that sony would cockblock cows from a service that their chief rival is offering when psnow seems to be horrendous with its own pricing plan.

No there are only four games will initially be available: FIFA 14, Madden NFL 25, Peggle 2, and Battlefield 4, You cannot get new games as you only get a 10% discount on new Digital titles.

Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts

It seems like a fine value if you're into EA games. It's $30 a year or $5 a month. Sony simply doesn't want anything that competes with PS+ on their consoles. If you're getting games digitally on PS4, they want the PSN store to be the only possible outlet.

It's their system so they can do what they want with it, but I'm not buying the spin.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By GrenadeLauncher

@jsmoke03 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:
@jsmoke03 said:

You're getting two nearly obsolete sports games, a broken FPS, a puzzle game and the promise of more stuff to come at some point.

By the way, Access and Now and nothing alike. Plus and XBLG is closer.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 GrenadeLauncher

@blue_hazy_basic said:

So basically what I said about direct competition .....

Also what incentive does EA have to put them on Plus?

If that means I get non-EA games on Plus, great. After last year I want nothing to do with them.

The Plus subsidy money, perhaps?

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By B4X
Member since 2014 • 5660 Posts

@Zelda187 said:

@b4x said:

Sony has also passed on MP3 support and CD playback.

There is no value in that.. Please subscribe to Sony Music. Were fucking BROKE people!!!

LOL

Who the **** buys CD's anymore?

And who the hell doesn't already own an iPod at this point for playing MP3's?

If you want a console chock full of gimmicks and useless features, then roll with the XBone.

Sony made it known from Day 1 that the PS4 was about gaming first and foremost. And that's where they spent their resources. Not on stupid shit like voice commands and the ability to "skype" while playing a game.

And the result ended with a more powerful gaming system with a lower price tag. Well done if you ask me.

That's why they just passed on more gaming options for their customers. /sounds legit :p

I buy a CD every time I buy a digital MP3 album on Amazon. It's cheaper and more value that way. /options suck amiright? :P

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

Who cares? It's EA ....I wouldn't pay for their shit service or their over rated games.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 B4X

@LJS9502_basic said:

Who cares? It's EA ....I wouldn't pay for their shit service or their over rated games.

I didn't know you owned an X1?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@b4x said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Wouldn't...not won't. Subtle difference. I just despise EA.

Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#138  Edited By Doolz2024
Member since 2007 • 9623 Posts

As I posted in the article here on the site, what kind of excuse is that? They act like it's a requirement to subscribe, not an option. Limiting your consumers options while claiming you're "#4theplayers" is laughable.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By ghostwarrior786

@cainetao11 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@cainetao11 said:
@ghostwarrior786 said:

@cainetao11 said:

Well I wish I didnt have to pay for anything in Life. But I am not stupid for paying for what I wish to make use of. I pay for Live and PS+. COD I dont, but who am I to tell someone who loves them they are stupid? You are basically assessing value for others, and evidently so are Sony. Doesnt sound all that level headed to me.

well sometimes decisions have to be made on behalf of stupid people. this isnt the pc crowd where companies are going up against informed users, most console users are casual plebs who dont know any better. remember when ms tried this whole subscription crap on pc? what happened? they got their ass kicked and left pc gaming.

this ea service isnt really a competitor to ps+, would anyone really cancel their ps+ membership and not play multiplayer any more just because of this ea service? nope, will people wanting to play old ps games opt for this service instead? mostly no.

@OniLordAsmodeus said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@TheEroica said:

Question: were you for or against the first pass for the X1?

whats the first pass?

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By B4X

@LJS9502_basic said:

@b4x said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Wouldn't...not won't. Subtle difference. I just despise EA.

I do to. I still enjoy a lot of their games. Their business practices leave a lot to be desired.

I always welcome more options tough. As long as it's not forced on me.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By B4X

RUMORED LIST

Sony passed.

This year

Peggle 2

Madden 25

Battlefield 4

Fifa 14

UFC14

Titanfall

NBA Live 14

Need for Speed

NHL14

Next year

Dragon Age

Battlefield hardline

Madden 15

Fifa 15

NBA Live 15

UFC 15

Mirror's Edge 2

NHL 15

Year after that

Battlefront

Mass Effect 4

Dead Space 4

Madden 16

Fifa 16

NBA Live 16

UFC 16

NHL16

vickissv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 vickissv2
Member since 2004 • 1951 Posts

I have an X1 and I STILL think this service is whack and unwarranted while trying to undercut Gamestop for undercutting EA.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 B4X

@vickissv2 said:

I have an X1 and I STILL think this service is whack and unwarranted while trying to undercut Gamestop for undercutting EA.

Gamestop is selling the subscriptions. The only retail store announced so far to sell them?

jsolidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 jsolidus
Member since 2011 • 171 Posts

I dont know why anyone is shocked, I swear people would complain if sony actually "allowed" Ea service. Sony has psnow, why also add another fee on top of ps+ and psnow fees. Yeah, options are great but lets be honest its EA, we all know there is going to be a catch. EA and M$ are in bed with each other and that's fine with me because I want nothing to do with both companies. Both are very anti consumer. Lems are jumping for joy because it seems special now and the x1 is lacklust. But the price is pretty good for EA service, the price for ps now needs to go way down. It should be scrapped if sony cant get its act together.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By jsmoke03

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@jsmoke03 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:
@jsmoke03 said:

You're getting two nearly obsolete sports games, a broken FPS, a puzzle game and the promise of more stuff to come at some point.

By the way, Access and Now and nothing alike. Plus and XBLG is closer.

thats like every company...they always promise something. more games will be announced and ill just wait for that...but at $30 a year...its not bad in value especially if even half their catalog was made available

ok clarify this for me (not for argument sake), when psnow was first announced, wasnt there some indication that there would be some kind of subscription for it or was it a pure rental service that many just assumed would aslo include an all access.

i ask because i thought someone said something about a subscription plan.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

Glad to see Playstation Network with some quality control, unlike Xbox One...

Hope you enjoy being milked lems, it's what you do best.

vickissv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By vickissv2
Member since 2004 • 1951 Posts

@b4x said:

@vickissv2 said:

Gamestop is selling the subscriptions. The only retail store announced so far to sell them?

Yeah but they're still being undercut in terms of sales for used games. Not saying EA doesn't have every right to do that though. It's all about money - as it should be .

Avatar image for slimdogmilionar
slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 slimdogmilionar
Member since 2014 • 1343 Posts

I see this as the beginning of the end for Gamestop if more companies get on board and this becomes the norm.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By cainetao11

@ghostwarrior786:

well sometimes decisions have to be made on behalf of stupid people. this isnt the pc crowd where companies are going up against informed users, most console users are casual plebs who dont know any better. remember when ms tried this whole subscription crap on pc? what happened? they got their ass kicked and left pc gaming.

this ea service isnt really a competitor to ps+, would anyone really cancel their ps+ membership and not play multiplayer any more just because of this ea service? nope, will people wanting to play old ps games opt for this service instead? mostly no.

Then why not let the consumer decide for themselves. You are on high horse with this console gamers are stupid, blah, blah. This is how dictatorships start. "We can make decisions better for the people" Sad part is I think you believe this BS. Nobody should decide what others value for their money.

Mystery_Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By Mystery_Writer
Member since 2004 • 8351 Posts

I would've subscribed to that if it was on PS4. Bad move Sony