deactivated-63181ff40994a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By deactivated-63181ff40994a
Member since 2017 • 575 Posts

One would think so going by their poor reveal conference regarding the specs of the console. Mark Cerny didn't seem enthusiastic....NOT only that but they were awfully quiet leading up to the spec reveal, it's like sony are forcing it due to the overwhelming info on Microsofts XSX. It's like Sony don't feel ready yet, it's strange.

The only positives ive heard about the PS5 is the SSD/easier hardware based around a artitecture thats basically botteneck-free. So this allow devs to get more out of the system or something like that....not sure how true that is...but the devs seem to be praising the hardware. (what else do you expect them to say).

Thoughts?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#2 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69353 Posts

The PS5 would be fine. Don't allow fanboy banter to cloud reality.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#3  Edited By madrocketeer  Online
Member since 2005 • 10583 Posts

It was supposed to be a GDC presentation. It was always going to be detailed and tech-heavy. Consumer-oriented events are due later.

Anyone who didn't realise that after watching it for ten seconds only had themselves to blame.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Pedro

@madrocketeer: Sony promoted it on their consumer channel PlayStation blog.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By madrocketeer  Online

@Pedro:

Again, anyone who watched it from the beginning would have realised seconds in what it actually was. Hell, I didn't watch it from the beginning, and I still knew right away it was a GDC-style presentation, and went to do something else with my time instead.

Some consumers are indeed interested in tech, so why not promote it. Again, those that are not interested in the technical details and still stuck around long enough to complain have only themselves to blame.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Pedro

@madrocketeer said:

@Pedro:

Again, anyone who watched it from the beginning would have realised seconds in what it actually was. Hell, I didn't watch it from the beginning, and I still knew right away it was a GDC-style presentation, and went to do something else with my time instead.

Some consumers are indeed interested in tech, so why not promote it. Again, those that are not interested in the technical details and still stuck around long enough to complain have only themselves to blame.

I understand all of that but this was Sony's first reveal of the PS5 to the public. They should know better.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By madrocketeer  Online

@Pedro:

That, I can agree with. Sony certainly didn't seem to be aware of just how much and how many people were clamouring for information on the PS5, so this didn't leave a good first impression.

I'm just saying that wasn't the original intention behind the presentation in the first place. That was blindingly obvious upon watching it for any length of time, but now people are reading way too much into it and blowing its significance out of proportion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#9 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

@madrocketeer: It was how Sony decided to first 'show" the console to the world. And it has clearly been written with consumers in mind.

Developers are not going to send pictures of their ears, they are not going to buy SSD cards for their dev-kits, they don't need to be explained what a Tflop is. They don't care about bc. Or need basic rdna2 functions to be explained to them in a way that sounds like unique to the PS5. Much of what was said, and how it was said, was clearly not aimed at developers.

It was a bad move on Sony, that shows how out of touch they've been for the last couple of years. MS did a better job with having their GDC talks out but simultaneously revealing a bit more with their Digital Foundry video.

But I do think that Sony will erase this slight mistakes once they do a big reveal with hardware and games.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17807 Posts

Nah i dont think there is anything there to show a lack of confidence in the console at the moment. it's not like there is a night/day difference between either console. the PS5 is by no means a terrible machine.

There are still some things that needs to be sorted out. BC (seems like PS4 is mostly a go, though not necessarily everything at launch. PS3: probably not. PS1 and 2 should really be good to go but i dont think there is any info at the moment. PSP and vita would be a nice bonus).

Price is also a big factor. if the PS5 costs as much as the XsX then that will also be a sore point and could hurt momentum. Especially if both consoles have pretty much the same games at launch.

The biggest thing of course though is games. At the end of the day software sells hardware. If sony have a great game exclusive to the PS5 and it clearly demonstrates the benefits of the new hardware then the talk around the 2 consoles can very very quickly change.

So it's not panic stations yet at Sony HQ.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

It’s not about power,games,features it’s about the upcoming

Bu bu but the ps5 has sold more damage control

Unit sales are king,True story,I read it hear on SW

HAH

TomaLevine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TomaLevine
Member since 2019 • 444 Posts

@Pedro: Fine does not hold a candle to excellence

Xbox Series X is like a sports car whilst poor ps5 is a Japanese Toyota Camry XD

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts

With how things are, i don't think either will come out in 2020.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

Sony missinterpreted what happened when they revealed the Ps4. Cerny played a massive role in that reveal too, so they thought they could just do the same thing again.

But the reason Cerny resonated so well in 2013 was the contrast between him and MS. Microsoft blew it by focusing on everyone but gamers. They signaled that they didn’t care about that group at all. Sony, on the other hand, seemed laser focused on real games and gamers. And the market rewarded them for that.

The same trick won’t work this time for the simple reason that MS won’t make the same misstake twice. So Sony needed a new approach, which they failed to understand.

Let’s see if they can regroup and do a proper reveal later on.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@Sushiglutton: For XBO, MS tried to copy Nintendo's Wii business model and failed to factor in Wii U's failure warnings.

For X1X, MS reverted back to classic Xbox's power approach, but it's too late since game development for XBO/PS4 generation started a few years before year 2013.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7216 Posts

It's good to see ms revert to the power narrative but the speed of the ps5 SSD is a plus for Sony. Outside of 1st party I think the Xbox approach might be used more from the 3rd party. We know Sony 1st party will make incredible experiences with the hardware.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

It's still a bit too early to tell. That presentation was too focused on the devs but that makes sense as this was for the gdc. I hope the have other features that are more compelling to the average consumer.

Devs won't come if there is no install base. They need to lay off the dev focus and give people things like robust backwards compatibility and start revealing titles. That being said, there is still time for that.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2425 Posts

@fastnslowww said:

...they were awfully quiet leading up to the spec reveal, it's like sony are forcing it due to the overwhelming info on Microsofts XSX.

...It's like Sony don't feel ready yet, it's strange.

Thoughts?

LMFAO!

Casuals on the internet aren't that informed about the console war between Sony and MS...but then there is the delusional SW community.

Sometimes it's important to put things in perspective for fanboys here who think Sony and MS on the same playing field...

APRIL 20, 2020

MAY 29, 2020

JUNE 26, 2020

That's 3 of the biggest games of the year will be exclusively played on PS4! And you say...

"...It's like Sony don't feel ready yet, it's strange."

Strange?

vs

MS xbox one line up for 2020

SMFH...

Yeah, it's Sooooo strange Sony isn't willing spill all their guts on their next generation system *yet* as opposed to MS. Clearly these companies are in the exact same position this year in terms of sales potential for their current consoles.../scarcasm

It's not Sony's fault MS shit the bed this gen and completely abandoned their console and their fans before the generation is finished.

It's also not Sony's fans duty to demand Sony to respond to every move MS makes simply because they already given up on this generation.

I swear fanboys on this board need to pull their head out of their fantasy bubble and come back to reality.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Pedro

@boxrekt: Last I check, those aren't next gen games. You may want to try again because we are talking about the PS5, you know the system with Godfall the multiplatform game.

@tomalevine said:

@Pedro: Fine does not hold a candle to excellence

Xbox Series X is like a sports car whilst poor ps5 is a Japanese Toyota Camry XD

You are trying to hard man.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56026 Posts

@boxrekt: The thread is discussing PS5, not PS4 exclusive games.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BoxRekt

@madrocketeer:

Sony didn't want to show anything to make CONSUMERS excited about PS5 with that tech breakdown.

Hear me out, Sony DID NOT WANT to make us (consumers) excited about PS5 here.

lol does anybody seriously think they don't know how to build hype for a new console? This is SONY we're talking about after all.

This event was meant to get DEVELOPERS excited and on board with how PS5's can and will advance development of next gen games and nothing more.

Sony is saving the glitz and glamor meant to hype US for a later date...possibly to after Ghosts of Tsushima releases. Curiously that's June...the same month E3 would have been held!

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BoxRekt

@davillain- said:

WRONG!

This thread is discussing....SONY....!

And a laughable speculation that they may not be confident in PS5.

My post directly addresses that speculation and puts things in perspective about why Sony isn't doing the same thing MS is doing...DIRECTLY because they still have huge AAA current gen PS4 games that have yet to release!

What exactly are you confused about?

Sorry not sorry if my post debunks the silly argument trying to be presented here.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#23 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I mentioned this before on here somewhere, but I really think they just aren't sure what to price the console at - whether they want to take the approach of making this console "something you want to work for", or to set the price at something more affordable.

I think with the state of the world at the moment, Sony and Microsoft both are probably taking a hard look at things like release dates and pricing and trying to decide what the right decision will be for them.

More details would have been nice though. It would be nice to see what the PS5 looks like, and its controller and whatnot. Imo the Series X looks pretty great, has a nice design and seems really efficient.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

@boxrekt said:
@davillain- said:

WRONG!

My post directly addresses that speculation and puts things in perspective about why Sony isn't doing the same thing MS is doing...DIRECTLY because they still have huge AAA current gen PS4 games that have yet to release!

Sorry not sorry if my post debunks the silly argument trying to be presented here.

wasn't the PS4 announced before TLOU released?

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BoxRekt

@Ovirew said:

I mentioned this before on here somewhere, but I really think they just aren't sure what to price the console at - whether they want to take the approach of making this console "something you want to work for", or to set the price at something more affordable.

I think with the state of the world at the moment, Sony and Microsoft both are probably taking a hard look at things like release dates and pricing and trying to decide what the right decision will be for them.

More details would have been nice though. It would be nice to see what the PS5 looks like, and its controller and whatnot. Imo the Series X looks pretty great, has a nice design and seems really efficient.

There isn't even any reason for people to speculate...

lets review the facts that current stand for Sony this year....

APRIL 20, 2020

MAY 29, 2020

JUNE 26, 2020

That's 3 of the biggest games of the year will be exclusively played on PS4!

Already posted but I feel it needs to be reposted

@boxrekt said:

@madrocketeer:

Sony didn't want to show anything to make CONSUMERS excited about PS5 with that tech breakdown.

Hear me out, Sony DID NOT WANT to make us (consumers) excited about PS5 here.

lol does anybody seriously think they don't know how to build hype for a new console? This is SONY we're talking about after all.

This event was meant to get DEVELOPERS excited and on board with how PS5's can and will advance development of next gen games and nothing more.

Sony is saving the glitz and glamor meant to hype US for a later date...possibly to after Ghosts of Tsushima releases. Curiously that's June...the same month E3 would have been held!

This ^

EDIT:

If people on this board don't think the unreleased AAA games that Sony put hundreds of millions of dollars into for current gen PS4 which release this year don't affect the time when Sony will starts their next gen PS5 hype campaign then the people here are alot more delusional and out of touch than I imagined.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Pedro

@boxrekt said:

This is a fallacy that is repeated too many times on the forum and the Internet. Developers don't rely on GDC to get information about console development. These events happens behind closed doors under NDA and would not be happening this late as a first time exposure to the system's capabilities. The event was for consumers and tech sites not developers.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Pedro
@boxrekt said:
@davillain- said:

WRONG!

This is the thread's title

"Sony NOT confident in the PS5???"

Seems like you are the one that is WRONG.

Also stop spamming with the same post content.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By BoxRekt

@drlostrib said:
@boxrekt said:
@davillain- said:

WRONG!

And the PS5 has already been "announced".

A bit slow on the up take there Doc.

Like @davillain- you post rebuttals without understanding the argument or taking an account of the basic facts.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 BoxRekt

@Pedro said:
@boxrekt said:

This is a fallacy that is repeated too many times on the forum and the Internet. Developers don't rely on GDC to get information about console development. These events happens behind closed doorsunder NDA and would not be happening this late as a first time exposure to the system's capabilities. The event was for consumers and tech sites not developers.

...🤭

Coronavirus: Sony and Amazon pull out of major tech show

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-51438845

You did try...

What did I just say about you desperate goof balls not taking into account basic facts?

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DrLostRib

@boxrekt said:
@drlostrib said:
@boxrekt said:
@davillain- said:

WRONG!

Like @davillain- you post rebuttals without understanding the argument or taking an account of the basic facts.

No they had the PS4 announcement event in like February of 2013

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Pedro

I’ve chatted to a few devs and they have confirmed the power difference is quite staggering. However they have said it doesn’t mean you can’t make good games on the PS5. These fanboys clearly don’t care about that and are massively rattled.

Credit

This maybe a source of concern and the reason for the silence on Sony's end.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Pedro

@boxrekt said:

...🤭

Coronavirus: Sony and Amazon pull out of major tech show

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-51438845

You did try...

What did I just say about you desperate goof balls not taking into account basic facts?

I guess you can't handle being wrong when facts are slapping you in your face. :)

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 BoxRekt

@drlostrib said:
@boxrekt said:

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DrLostRib

@boxrekt said:
@drlostrib said:
@boxrekt said:

Yep, you're really putting your fanboy spin on it if you think the PS5 has had an announcement the same as the PS4 event

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Fedor  Online
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

It seems clear that Sony certainly isn't confident in their hardware, why else have a robot come out and drone on about an SSD for 30 min?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Pedro

@fedor said:

It seems clear that Sony certainly isn't confident in their hardware, why else have a robot come out and drone on about an SSD for 30 min?

Come on, it was not 30 minutes on the SSD, just 25 minutes. :P

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9814 Posts

@boxrekt: "It's not Sony's fault MS shit the bed this gen and completely abandoned their console and their fans before the generation is finished."

Is this coming from the same Boxrekt who criticised Ms for supporting the current gen by assuring owners that their consoles will be supported for 2-3 years with ms games?

The same ms that said games that you buy on x1 will get the xsx version free of charge?

Lol...sometimes you just make it too easy.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By BoxRekt

@drlostrib said:
@boxrekt said:
@drlostrib said:

Yep, you're really putting your fanboy spin on it if you think the PS5 has had an announcement the same as the PS4 event

You're the only one being a fanboy about anything here.

Sony is a company and like any other company tries to maximize their profits. Everyone already knows this is they last year of the current gen, as I already stated PS5 has already been announced! No matter how that disrupts whatever fanboy agenda you want to push, it is a FACT.

Another fact is there are 3 huge current gen games for PS4 that can sell millions more PS4s before this year is over that Sony has zero incentive to jeopardize by giving customers a reason to wait for their new system instead of buying their current system (PS4) for those games .

This is only logical and business 101.

I realize fanboys like you don't practice logic and only shit post when desperately trying to push your anti-sony agendas. This however, is the current situation.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 DrLostRib
@boxrekt said:
@drlostrib said:
@boxrekt said:
@drlostrib said:

You're the only one being a fanboy about anything here.

Sony is a company and like any other company tries to maximize their profits. Everyone already knows this is they last year of the current gen, as I already stated PS5 has already been announced! No matter how that disrupts whatever fanboy agenda you want to push, it is a FACT.

Another fact is there are 3 huge current gen games for PS4 that can sell millions more PS4s before this year is over that Sony has zero incentive to jeopardize by giving customers a reason to wait for their new system instead of buying their current system (PS4) for those games .

This is only logical and business 101.

I realize fanboys like you don't practice logic and only shit post when desperately trying to push your anti-sony agendas. This however, is the current situation.

And it's laughable for you to try to compare the PS5 being "announced" to the PS4 announcement event. Which occurred early in 2013, even with more PS3 games in the pipeline

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#40 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12303 Posts

That was an enthusiastic Mark Cerny lol

I think the main reason why Microsoft appears more confident is because they've been running with the same playbook and messaging for at least 2-3 years. Yes, it's worked very well for them but, to suggest that because Sony haven't execute their next gen go-to market in the same way or as well to this point doesn't mean they aren't confident.

Sony's approach to next gen honestly makes me feel that they have a lot more to show off about PS5 / PSN than Microsoft does about the Series X / XBL.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@getyeryayasout:

So you will go first Xbox to play Xbox one games.

lol

Stay on Xbox one and in a few years buy an series X cheaper,is not like you are going to miss anything the Xbox series X will not have exclusives for some years if ever.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Pedro

@tormentos said:

@getyeryayasout:

lol

Stay on Xbox one and in a few years buy an series X cheaper,is not like you are going to miss anything the Xbox series X will not have exclusives for some years if ever.

I heard people buy consoles to play games. I know its odd.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By BoxRekt

@Pedro said:
@tormentos said:

@getyeryayasout:

lol

😂Thought you lemmings already owned an xbox ones, and an X for you.

lol so now lemmings care about playing games? You can already do that on your X! You're abandoning it so soon? You were just begging people to buy it a few months ago...HAHA

All the Series X is going to do is play the same games that are already on Xbox one.

Lemmings spent $1500 on hardware this gen to play the same multiplats all over again, might as well have bought a beast PC and had a better experience and actual exclusives.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

Positives for PS5 outside of storage speeds will be games and price. I wouldn't worry about it.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 BoxRekt

@getyeryayasout said:

@tormentos: I prefer Playstation, but not so much that I'll let Sony shit on me. They made it clear when PS4 launched to expect BC with future Playstations due to X86 architecture.

Fanboying does not make companies better. Hold them to a higher standard. Expect more.

But Sony already clarified the PS4 BC misunderstanding. How are they shitting on you?

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#47 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9814 Posts

@boxrekt: No they didnt clarify anything, apart from there will be bc with most ps4 games at some time. So we dont know how many will work at launch, and we dont know which games will it wont work.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 tormentos

@phbz said:

@madrocketeer: It was how Sony decided to first 'show" the console to the world. And it has clearly been written with consumers in mind.

Developers are not going to send pictures of their ears, they are not going to buy SSD cards for their dev-kits, they don't need to be explained what a Tflop is. They don't care about bc. Or need basic rdna2 functions to be explained to them in a way that sounds like unique to the PS5. Much of what was said, and how it was said, was clearly not aimed at developers.

It was a bad move on Sony, that shows how out of touch they've been for the last couple of years. MS did a better job with having their GDC talks out but simultaneously revealing a bit more with their Digital Foundry video.

But I do think that Sony will erase this slight mistakes once they do a big reveal with hardware and games.

Most PS owners don't even hang on forums nor spent all the time on the internet looking for every ps5 bit of info.

What sony did was a tech unveil basically,it was very technical and directed more at developers and tech savi guys that the normal consumer.

It was an unveil for the nerds and sites like digital foundry and others.

For god sake Sony confirmed raytracing before even MS did,so did say 120FPS and 8k crap,factually Soy speaked of the PS5 before MS did last year,what some people wanted was to confirm who was stronger like always the blinded fanboys on forums you and i included,outside of that bubble no one cares.

And like the switch and PS4 showed this gen not even lacking Backward compatibility hurt them.

MS only has done damage control,it started on 2013 and hasn't end yet,they are trying to buy good will from the consumer after fu**Ing up.

One big reveal should be enought to wipe out anything.

@Pedro said:

Yes but i don't need to buy a series X machine to play xbox one games,and if you take into account that the series X will have the same games as the xbox one then is a no brainer to skip it for a few years until cheaper,after all paying $500 to play xbox one games is not a very smart move,as the X model and Pro showed already power alone will not be reason enought to move to a more expensive console.

@getyeryayasout said:

@tormentos: I prefer Playstation, but not so much that I'll let Sony shit on me. They made it clear when PS4 launched to expect BC with future Playstations due to X86 architecture.

Fanboying does not make companies better. Hold them to a higher standard. Expect more.

How is sony exactly shitting on you? and i hope you don't hide on BC because sony it self claimed they have already tested hundreds of games and that thousands more will be tested from here to launch.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 tormentos
@Pedro said:

I’ve chatted to a few devs and they have confirmed the power difference is quite staggering. However they have said it doesn’t mean you can’t make good games on the PS5. These fanboys clearly don’t care about that and are massively rattled.

Credit

This maybe a source of concern and the reason for the silence on Sony's end.

Yeah i am sure that 17% GPU difference will be quite staggering.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 tormentos

@sealionact said:

@boxrekt: No they didnt clarify anything, apart from there will be bc with most ps4 games at some time. So we dont know how many will work at launch, and we dont know which games will it wont work.

Yes they did is not only 100 games,in fact Cerny claimed they already have tested hundreds of games,and that thounsends more will be tested from now to launch.

But in reality Cerny never claimed that there would only be 100 games at launch,that was ASSUMED by blind fanboys as always,just like many assumed no hardware raytracing simply because sony didn't stated so and MS did.