Sony needs to use the NEW PSN store aesthetic as the user interface for the PS4

• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51 Pug-Nasty
Member since 2009 • 8508 Posts

I couldn't give a sh*t how "modern" my UI looks, I just want it to be fast, simple, and easy to use. If they can come up with a good alternative to the XMB then fine, but the new store is not that UI.

Phoenix534

This. I like certain things about the XMB, like how I can set any image as my background and I can see the whole thing. I'd like to be able to just set multiple pictures as the background, rather than have to go into a slideshow or use a theme, and I'd like the ability to set the transparency level of the icons and the size and color of the text.

It would also be nice if the icons went invisible after a bit of idle time.

I like controlling the look of the UI, and I don't want my basic UI to feel like a store.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
looks similar to the 360 one...which is pretty bad. Should have kept the old one
Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Eddie-Vedder
Member since 2003 • 7810 Posts

I honestly like the XMB, it's simple clean organized and to the point, if you install custom themes, or dynamic themes the XMB goes from boring to full of life and awesomeness. ANd it reminds me of like a PC interface for consoles. I don't like the 360's sty1e at all. Feels to console like, to closed down.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#54 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

Sony needs to get out of a near bankrupt state first before any of this lol have you seen their credit rating

time to start thinking of getting good exclusives instead

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

god no the new store is horrible s*** its slow takes forever to intially load compared to the past store and stuff is far harder to find.

PS+ was right there on the old store now you have to go through 3 things to get to it.

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts

god no the new store is horrible s*** its slow takes forever to intially load compared to the past store and stuff is far harder to find.

PS+ was right there on the old store now you have to go through 3 things to get to it.

WilliamRLBaker

Ive honestly never experienced anything wrong with the new layout for people saying its "slow" and clunky.

It runs perfectly smoothe for me, and Ive noticed zero difference in latency compared to the old store. Other than design flaws (like the removal of some search filters) Ive noticed nothing wrong.

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

No. The PS3 main interface is far better than the 360's. I can actually SEE my background, no stupid boxes with stupid ads for dorietos or jersey shore garbage.

The store it's self is disappointing, I like the layout but not the way it works. I also can't recommend things to friends anymore, it's a pain in the ass. Thanks for screwing up again Sony.

GamerwillzPS

I approve this. Agreed with every single word.

Back to your root eh?
ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

I hate the new Win8-style PSN Store

DISSESHOWEDO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59 DISSESHOWEDO
Member since 2010 • 1775 Posts

No. The PS3 main interface is far better than the 360's. I can actually SEE my background, no stupid boxes with stupid ads for dorietos or jersey shore garbage.

The store it's self is disappointing, I like the layout but not the way it works. I also can't recommend things to friends anymore, it's a pain in the ass. Thanks for screwing up again Sony.

ShadowMoses900

Agree with the first point !

Can't say the same about the second though, i think it's more comfortable !

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#60 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

So long as they don't force you to use the long-bar keyboard for text entry and come up with something better, I'm cool with it.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#61 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

I've been meaning to check out the new store and get a PSN+ sub, but there really hasn't been much of a reason to turn my PS3 on lately.

rockydog1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#62 rockydog1111
Member since 2006 • 2079 Posts

I personally don't like the new Playstation Store design. It comes off as cluttered and you have to do more to get to what you want now. Plus it appears to be taking longer to load. Liked the old style much better, but maybe this will grow on me.

themyth01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#63 themyth01
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts
It looks a small step above what they had before, nowhere good enough to make their entire interface for PS4.
StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts

Bump.

THey should also redesign the PSVITA interface with the same aesthetic as well, for parity.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts
I find the Xbox to have a cumbersome interface. Too much sht on the screen that means nothing. Lay it out in a traditional manner. When I lived with some no gamers they had a hard time with the 360.
Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#67 Pug-Nasty
Member since 2009 • 8508 Posts

I don't like the new PS store very much. It takes like 8 or 9 clicks to download a demo, silliness!