Sony, MS, or Nintendo: who will win E3 2017?

• 120 results
Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Sony, MS, or Nintendo: who will win E3 2017? (144 votes)

Sony 39%
MS 30%
Nintendo 31%

My take on it:

Sony - current console market leader, selling at a record pace. Needs to stick to games. Talk about the "big guns" - God of War, Gran Turismo, Last of Us 2. Would also like to see the mid tier games like Spider-Man, Detroit Become Human, and Ni No Kuni 2.

Nintendo - I think Nintendo needs to keep the momentum going. They've announced a bunch of games for this year already, but it would be amazing if they had some good surprise announcements similar to how Sony introduced Final Fantasy 7 remake and Shenmue III. I think it will happen.

Xbox - Scorpio will be a big deal at E3, but I really hope they announce some big exclusives for the system or I will just stick to my PC. I think the price will surprise people.

Overall, it's hard to say who will win because all three have potential to have a great e3, but, I think MS will take it because of Scorpio. Console reveals are always such a big deal at E3 and they get tons of press. So what do you think, SW? Who will win E3 2017?

• 
CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#1 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9001 Posts

Sony and gamers of course

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

Last 2 years Microsoft has won, and I don't see this changing with Scorpio, and a whole lot of new games.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

How does one win E3, i mean who is the judge of this?

Oh and don't say the fans as no 2 fanbases will agree.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

It's a toss up between Sony and Nintendo for me. Microsoft could show the best console conceivable by mankind and I still wouldn't buy Scorpio.

As for Sony, if they show Shenmue stuff I would be really happy. I'm also wanting a Dino Crisis reboot but I don't think Crapcom has pulled their head from their ass yet. As for other stuff they could show, I'm pretty sure I know what to expect but Sony has been consistently delivering good E3 shows since the PS4 reveal.

Nintendo is either going to be amazing or disappointing. They have to drop tons of announcements as the Switch's game lineup looks bleak with only Mario and Sonic as possible buys for me after Mario Kart. They have so much potential and with how well the NS is selling, they're going to want to keep that momentum going with great game announcements.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#5  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

I'm 50-50 on MS. Either they blow it out of the park with game forecasts or it's the usual showmanship. To MS's credit they are the best at putting up a show even if they have nothing to show. If you ask the critics to sum up what they actually saw after they got all excited about it it's... well... uh... not much, eh? Yeah all those games? Yeah they are also on all other platforms. But who cares? It was a 'good' show. It's kind of the inverse of Nintendo things where they show a lot of things and people are like 'Who cares? It was boring. I expected these ten IP's to come out this year and a couple new ones and lasers to shoot from my Switch.' Whatever.

So I think MS will get the most positive buzz from E3 cause they'll put on this big show, but I'm 50-50 on whether they'll deserve it. I'll enjoy the show either way and am setting the bar low. I'm going to let them surprise me if they want to.

I think Nintendo is not going to show much new stuff for this year. I think they have shown us most of the things that will come out this year/early next year and if there's new stuff it'll be for mid next year+ I do think they are going to show a lot at E3 both old news and new news and hope something sticks. I mean... they're getting back on stage.(!) (I am actually sitting on some news that may pop up at E3 because of a tweet ^_^ Something I'm a big fan of... But I could be misremembering it so I'm afraid to get anyone's hopes up.)

Sony is on a roll and I think they will have the most to lose this E3. They aren't going to be able to keep this up, but I don't see them deflate into nothing either. So I think this E3 will slightly disappoint the Sony fans. It'll still be good and make me happy I bet. If there are like 2 new games coming before end of next years that I'm interested in, then I am set. My PS4 purrchase paid off this year so for me this is all bonus.

All in all I'm thinking that this E3 is going to be better than average for all of us. And will be especially cool for me.

DarkTower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DarkTower
Member since 2017 • 201 Posts

Sony duh

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 39222 Posts

I don't think Nintendo and Sony will have a lot of surprises, but of course I hope they do.

I think that MS has a lot of surprises for us in store... It's been a while a big exclusive launched on Xbox One so they might be saving them up ?

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9 iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

Mario got this shit.

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

#10 Sam3231
Member since 2008 • 2570 Posts

I hope MS announces Halo 6 with the return of Split-Screen.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#11 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

It could go either way, but I am hoping Nintendo comes out all guns blazing.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#12 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

Nintendo has to win

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#13 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 56475 Posts

Gamers are a sad bunch. Win E3? LMAO.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By iandizion713

@aigis: They gonna win easy. We got Splatoon, Mario, and Xenoblade. Its a wrap.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 aigis

@iandizion713: and ARMS™

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By iandizion713

@aigis: ARMS wont be there. ARMS will be released.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 aigis

@iandizion713 said:

@aigis: ARMS wont be there. ARMS will be released.

ARMS™ dlc?

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By iandizion713

@aigis: Maybe later. Be good for a Direct.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#19 oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

It'll be just like last year.

The most popular game will be Mario Odyssey, the most hype will goto MS since they will have the most actual playable stuff with the new Scorpio showing 4K games and Sony will add to their pile of already announced games with more awesome trailers. Sony is going to try one last time to push PSVR hard to salvage it so their show floor will be flooded with even more VR shovelware again.

Cows will say they won in a landslide.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 iandizion713

@oflow: I think Sony will have to push the PS4 Pro. But that could help Scorpio, so im not sure. They can still take Microsoft into a price war though.

Fairmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 Fairmonkey
Member since 2011 • 2056 Posts

Either Sony or Nintendo. I just got a good PC built so i have Zero reasons to pick up a Scorpio even though im interested in seeing what it is. Ive always had a bone to pick with xboxs exclusive lineup. The only game they have ever had for me was halo and im not interested in the franchise anymore

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 osan0
Member since 2004 • 16644 Posts

its going to be interesting alright.

sony have been putting out a lot of content over the last 18 months or....so what do they have left in the tank? GOW and GT are probably not going to be great hype generators. there is the uncharted expansion which could generate a bit of hype but....eh. i suspect the last of us 2 will be teased a bit more (this confirmed already right?). but i suspect sony may have to do what they did a couple of years ago and find some far off megabombs to drop. it could be a quiet year for them in terms of major first party releases.

MS.....games are going to make or break them. scorpio will generate a bit of hype but they really need to demonstrate that scorpio is going to be worth peoples money to upgrade and attract new customers. it could backfire if, at the end of their conference, people are just thinking "you know what..for 4K the pro is good enough". they need games to really show it off.

its absolutely critical for nintendo to keep momentum going with the switch. their output has been quite low for a couple of years but they need to get more content out. zelda can only keep the show going for so long. although an excellent games, it still doesnt have the mass appeal to carry a system for a long time. its not a wii sports or tetris. arms is coming. new xenoblade (should be great but wont attract many new players). mario odyssey. itll certainly have a strong end of year. but i find it hard to believe that nintendos entire capacity is zelda, xenoblade, mario, arms, a MK8 expansion, a splatoon expansion and some 3DS games. so what else is in the works? if they dont have anything to release soon then do what sony did a couple of years ago...announce for further afield. its critical that people are still confident in the switch after E3.

so yeah....its hard to call. MS have the most ammo to win it but it requires a fine aim. sony may be low on ammo so they may need to bluff. nintendo should have plenty of ammo but they have been known to shoot in completely the wrong direction.

Quicksilver128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Quicksilver128
Member since 2003 • 7075 Posts

@FastRobby: LMAO! Won what exactly? Sony has dominated the last two E3s.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#25 oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

@iandizion713: They wont push the Pro unless they are pushing it to sell VR. It would be a terrible move to line it up against Scorpio and demonstrate its inferior.

At this point PS4 is so far ahead all they will say is we have 4K too but look at our games. They will push AAA games and try to get a hit game for PSVR, which will probably push Ace Combat7, GTSportVR and Farpoint. (I thought it wasnt that good but its got a lot of push behind it since they have a bundle for it coming out)

I say this because they used the same tactic last year with GT Sport. Everyone knew Forza Horizon 3 was a game of show level racing game, so they didnt even talk about GT Sport at all in their conference even though it had a huge demo booth with a track and racing setups. It was the biggest booth on their floor besides Farpoint.

Overall theres a fundamental difference in the three companies marketing stuff I've seen over the years.

Nintendo's stuff is like a themepark. Its Nintendo its gotta be. Its the family-friendly funzone.

Sony doesnt actually have many playable games on their regular non-VR floor since they put all the resources into the VR section where you could play all the VR games. They have big displays but they mostly only show trailers. The Horizon booth was like a movie theater where you just watch a film but dont play it. The P5 booth was mostly the same but the coolness of the game drew people to it.

The Xbox section had big competitive rooms for the MP games like BF1 where you line up to get on a team and play a match, a small section talking about Windows 10 stuff and rows of consoles that you just walked up to to play the other games. The smaller games usually had the devs standing there.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
Member since 2014 • 6005 Posts

Going by history, the answer should be simple. Sony. They win every E3.

koko-goal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 koko-goal
Member since 2008 • 1122 Posts

Xbox - Scorpio will be a big deal at E3, but I really hope they announce some big exclusives for the system or I will just stick to my PC. I think the price will surprise people.

lolz

So you have a PC for video games but don't want Xbox exclusives to come to PC? Got it.

PS fanboys keep fighting the good fight

@Pedro said:

Gamers are a sad bunch. Win E3? LMAO.

Corporate cheerleaders :)

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5292 Posts

Show me some Metroid Nintendo... do it!

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts

Sony - By the gamers, for the gamers

Exclusive after exclusive will be shown by Sony.

Nintendo their first year for Switch, so I doubt many games will be ready to show, maybe a couple of announcements about third parties and a new exclusive reveal for early 2018. Mario Odyssey is the big thing for the end of the year.

2018 will be a bigger E3 for Nintendo

Microsoft - Scorpio, Third Party Shooter, Scorpio, Third Party Sports Game, Remaster for a game no one cares about, Scorpio, Forza 7, Third Party Shooter and Halo.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 iandizion713

@enzyme36: No room for Metroid...maybe next year.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

Well, there will never been one clear winner that everybody will agree on since people have different tastes in what they want to see, so you always get different opinions about who won e3 every year.

So, I think we can only speak for ourselves and for me I think all 3 have the potential to have excellent e3 showings this year and I'm looking forward to all of them and wouldn't be surprised by any of them winning e3 for me.

I assume Nintendo has the potential to deliver for me the most. I'm eager to see more of Mario Odyssey and I'm sure that will be the most exciting playable game at e3 this year. Plus, there are still many unanswered questions about the Switch that I'm excited to find out more about such as what do they have in store for 2018; they haven't announced anything for next year yet so it's all going to be a surprise and it's the surprise announcements that tend to give me the most enjoyment at e3.

I'd also be surprised if Microsoft doesn't make a huge impact this year. New console reveals are always interesting and I think Microsoft has learned the importance of making a great first impression when revealing a new console. Microsoft knows that this is their second chance after they botched the original Xbox One reveal and they can't let that happen again, so I'm expecting them to deliver big with the Scorpio reveal.

Sony doesn't have the benefit of having an upcoming console or a freshly launched console that still has many unanswered questions, so I think Sony knows that they need to bring their big guns so they don't get overshadowed by the Switch and Scorpio. And thankfully Sony has some big guns that I'm hopeful to see more of at this e3 such as Spider-Man, God of War, Days Gone, and The Last of Us 2. Given how high the competition will be this year, I think Sony will also do their tactic of announcing a really big game that has barely started development and won't be released for many years. I have mixed feelings about that tactic, but it will create buzz. The new Call of Duty will also probably be revealed during Sony's conference and I can't believe I'm saying this since I haven't cared about Call of Duty in a long time, but given that there are strong rumors that they are going back to WW2 this year, I'm actually very excited to see the new Call of Duty this year and if they show a Call of Duty set in WW2, that will create huge buzz for their conference.

Overall, this should be one of the best e3 shows ever!

BIack_Goku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 BIack_Goku
Member since 2016 • 724 Posts

I want it to be Nintendo but it'll probably be Sony yet again even though they need it the least right now. Between all of their announced games and what they could have unannounced, Sony's lineup is just too stacked. They could skip this E3 and still have more games than MS.

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
GoldenElementXL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 GoldenElementXL
Member since 2016 • 6873 Posts

I have a feeling that Sony will be real predictable this year. Some TLOU 2, a little PSVR. COD, Destiny 2 and Battlefront 2 demos. Nintendo and Microsoft have the momentum right now, but I would give the edge to Nintendo.

CrashNBurn281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#34 CrashNBurn281
Member since 2014 • 1574 Posts

Lmao at MS even being an option. We all know that isn't happening.

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts

@crashnburn281 said:

Lmao at MS even being an option. We all know that isn't happening.

I'm really not sure what people are expecting out of MS. We know about the Scorpio so it is literally just the official name, retail unit design and price we are waiting for.

Unless Microsoft have gone out and bought a ton of third party exclusives such as Red Dead Redemption 2, Shenmue 3, FF7 Remake and System Shock 3, they don't have enough studios to reveal anything exciting. Unless another Halo and Forza is considered enough to win E3.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#37 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

As a fan of all three company's I'll win E3.

I get a bunch of good exclusives offered on each system, and Microsoft are possibly offering a new system that I might be interested in grabbing if the price, and game announcements, are right.

doomdizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By doomdizzle
Member since 2017 • 528 Posts

@FastRobby: Remember when Scalebound and Crackdown were reasons for MS winning E3? Good times

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

Sony and gamers for gamers by gamers

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 36898 Posts

Gamers will win overall but out of those three I'll wager on Microsoft.

BIOKILLER123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 BIOKILLER123
Member since 2010 • 976 Posts

Imo, Nintendo, Microsoft and then Sony not too far behind. Gamers win E3. There'll be a lot of good games imo.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

@Quicksilver128 said:

@FastRobby: LMAO! Won what exactly? Sony has dominated the last two E3s.

Lol, the only reason the crowd went wild was for a game that was 10 years in development, and Shenmue 3, a multi-platform game... They lost hard last year.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#44 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 8506 Posts

I recon MS will go all out. E3 is just a stage show full of semi fake gameplay footage and lies so it doesnt matter either way.

Supabul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#45 Supabul
Member since 2004 • 4266 Posts

So Sony will show the same games again and MS has nothing LOL

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4584 Posts

This E-3 is one of the first ever where I honestly think that all three will have great shows. Sony is on a roll so it will be good. Microsoft has been dormant for a while so they must have something great to show. Nintendo will have a bunch of new switch stuff so they will do great as well. Looks like the only loser this year will be our wallets.

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#47 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

My predictions...

Nintendo- lots of Switch and 3DS news for games releasing in the next year or so.

Microsoft- Scorpio unveiling plus its games, though MS has a lot of work to do to bring people to the system given the lackluster sales performance of the Xbone, especially if the new console is targeted at the 'power' users.

Sony- Will probably do another trailer reel for games not releasing for 2-4 years.

I'm torn between MS and Nintendo pulling ahead for this year. I just cant get excited for Sony's show given how the PS4 is by far the least used system Ive ever owned.

ButDuuude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ButDuuude
Member since 2013 • 1904 Posts

Well, I'm mainly a PlayStation gamer, but since Microsoft is launching the Scorpio this year I think Microsoft will have a great E3.

Danny1998x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Danny1998x
Member since 2017 • 7 Posts

Microsoft, they are giving better new thing to Xbox One, unlike Sony.

EG101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 EG101
Member since 2007 • 2091 Posts

@Sam3231 said:

I hope MS announces Halo 6 with the return of Split-Screen.

I hope MS allows 343 and the Coalition teams to develop New ip.

Shangheist would be nice and let 343 work on a Halo RPG.