Sony may buy new studios to get ready for PS5 - "content more important than ever"

• 107 results
Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#101 Calvincfb
Member since 2018 • 0 Posts

@pc_rocks said:
@r-gamer said:

@pc_rocks: What's to DC? The PS brand has some of the best exclusive period. Go play your dumb builder sim games and shut up.

Yes, I'll take those 'builder sim games' any day of the week over the entire one and done Sony First Party offerings. Glad I have rustled your feathers.

"It's not on my platform, so it sucks". lol

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#102  Edited By PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8470 Posts

@tormentos said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:

This is sad.

You lost.

Give it up dude.

Remember.

Online.

Rumble

Analogues

Console gaming.

all were made popular by sony so sony should get all the credit for those things.

You can argue all you want since been popular give you the right to claim something as been your idea there is no way you can prove that sony should not be credited for those things.

Can't have it both ways.

@Bread_or_Decide said:

The first gears beats the first uncharted, hands down, not even a contest.

Uncharted 2 beats Gears 3.

Uncharted 3 and Gears 3 are both equally average and mundane.

Can't speak to Uncharted 4 vs Gears 4. I'm guessing Uncharted wins it, but again they both look bland af.

Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....

So the first Gears beat uncharted hand down?

Even that both on metacritic have a .6 difference in score,but you can't speak for Uncharted 4 vs Gears 4 when the gap between both on meta is almost 1 full point? And gthat Gears after Epic left has been meh.

@pc_rocks said:

Uncharted started out as a fantasy game "Gritty Xbox shooters" inspired new direction.

Naughty Dog Changed Uncharted's Gameplay Because Of Gears Of War

Time for excuses now, oh wait...you already made one: the butthurt ex-employee.

Too bad for you cows, it's 2 different employees saying similar things at different instances of time. One in 2011, another in 2019. There goes the butthurt ex-employee excuse out of the window.

Butthurt EX enployee there was a thread about that shit long ago here.

Tell me have you even play the 2 games EVER?

What exactly Uncharted took from Gears?

In fact Gears and Uncharted gameplay are as different as it can be,the only thing in common they have is been 3rd person,and using cover which again Gears is not i repeat is NOT recognized as the first game to do it.

Legacy[edit | edit source]

Kill Switch is best remembered for being the first third-person shooter to feature the cover system as its core game mechanic,[4] and for introducing the blind fire mechanic to the cover system.[5] Several shooters took inspiration from Kill Switch and implemented similar cover systems. In the design of Gears of War, lead developer Cliff Bleszinski of Epic Games credits Kill Switch's cover system as one of the influences they put into the game's design,[7] as Kill Switch's lead designer Chris Esaki was employed by Epic Games and was involved in the development of Gears of War.[8]

Naughty Dog's Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, which began development in 2005 and was released in 2007,[9] also took inspiration from Kill Switch, which Uncharted's lead designers Evan Wells and Amy Hennig credited as inspiration for the game's cover system.[10] Other examples of shooters that featured Kill Switch-inspired cover systems include the 2005 third-person shooter CT Special Forces: Fire for Effect,[11] and the 2006 games Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas,[12] a first person shooter released in the same month as Gears of War,[13] and Killzone: Liberation, a third-person action game released a month before Gears of War.[2]

https://gamicus.gamepedia.com/Kill.Switch

This is OLD news fool ND developers already credict killswitch for Uncharted drake fortune cover system.

So yeah that was a butthurt ex eployee nothing more.

But if you can prove to me that Gears was the first game to use a cover system i admit you are rigth..Good luck..

Okay, I admit, you really made me double minded. I can't decide if your DC is sad or funny, probably both.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#103 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

Nobody is arguing that killswitch didn't do it first.

But we all know which game popularized the mechanic.

Good grief. You've lost. Take the L with a little dignity.

And the first gears is a much better game than the first uncharted. Gears did one thing well. Uncharted did ten things sorta okay not great.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Bread_or_Decide

@Pedro said:

@tormentos: The argument doesn't change your revision of history. Again, stop being a shill.

They really won't let it go.

I don't see what the problem is. As a franchise Uncharted won in the end. Gears has all but lost its potency where as Uncharted ended on a huge high note.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#105 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69407 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide said:

I don't see what the problem is. As a franchise Uncharted won in the end. Gears has all but lost its potency where as Uncharted ended on a huge high note.

I beg to differ on Uncharted ending on a high note. I wasted $120 on the last two games.

Gears on the other hand has always been mediocre to me.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Bread_or_Decide

@Pedro said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:

I beg to differ on Uncharted ending on a high note. I wasted $120 on the last two games.

Gears on the other hand has always been mediocre to me.

I'm trying to throw them a bone on something.

I agree, Uncharted lost me during and after part 3.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide:

You cant copy something from a company who didn't invent it.

So again both companies copy from killswitch and both companies credit killswitch for it.

Aside of that gears and uncharted are as different as they can be,one is a squad based shooter with heavy influence on taking cover all the time and its gameplay is totally confined to ground,uncharted is a action adventure shooter with multilevel design in its gameplay and no ground confined all the time,and while you can cover and blind fire the gameplay of the game doesn't require you all the time to take cover.