Sony isn't going anywhere

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sentinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Sentinator
Member since 2011 • 244 Posts

Thats exactly what people said about Sega. In normal conditions they would be fine. But we are currently in a recession and its becoming clear the market is struggling to support 3 consoles. Even the big N has finally taken a hit. After over 30 years. I do believe Sony can do well with a PS4 but something will have to give. Selling Vita at a loss is going to prove to be a serious thorn in their side if they hope to continue. And yes, it would happen if they kept up this strategy.

In order for Sony to win this time they need to sell systems at profits again. PS3 fanboys have been banging their drums all generation about how great Sony's exclusives are and yet the sales are telling a different story. You guys are sore that Microsoft took everything that made PS2 the hit it was so you resort to overrating Sony's games as a result of that. For me the only game I like the look of is Little Big Planet. The only truly big game left is Gran Turismo and that wasn't biggest contributor.

And now its in even more trouble because the big N is about to round up those games as well. And they have the biggest franchises in the industry. Until Sony have something on the scale of Halo or Mario they will go down eventually. You Sony fanboys want to think about this. Would you rather have PS4 be a huge financial success? Or would you have Vita want to try and "beat" 3DS? You guys can talk about how great PS3 is, and you gamers can argue about it being the best system this generation all you want. But financially its a disaster. Sony should drop Vita and stick to what they do best because in this current environment its going to be increasingly hard for Sony to last past next gen. No matter how big a company they are. Heck I don't even know why they are in handhelds. They don't have much to gain anymore anyway. Just drop Vita and focus on PS3 and PS4 bringing them back financially.

DethSkematik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

#2 DethSkematik
Member since 2008 • 3900 Posts
Yeah, well...I can't exactly tell Sony how to do things, considering I don't work for them :P.
InfinityMugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 InfinityMugen
Member since 2007 • 3905 Posts

Hm, stick to what they do best? Steal 3rd parties? No MS has done that. Music players? Oh yeah, Ipod. Televisions? Darn it, I forgot about Samsung and LG. Well, Im out of ideas.

SW__Troll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SW__Troll
Member since 2011 • 1687 Posts

Thats exactly what people said about Sega. In normal conditions they would be fine. But we are currently in a recession and its becoming clear the market is struggling to support 3 consoles.

Sentinator

There's literally never been a time when the market supported three consoles. One, or more companies is always in the red when three or more companies are producing consoles. It's been this way forever.

Sentinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Sentinator
Member since 2011 • 244 Posts

[QUOTE="Sentinator"]

Thats exactly what people said about Sega. In normal conditions they would be fine. But we are currently in a recession and its becoming clear the market is struggling to support 3 consoles.

SW__Troll

There's literally never been a time when the market supported three consoles. One, or more companies is always in the red when three or more companies are producing consoles. It's been this way forever.

Weren't Sega in the red because they kept releasing stuff nobody wanted and competed with themselves? Care to clarify? Luckily Nintendo is expecting profits again this year and will even be selling 3DS at profits again come the end of the year.

tjricardo089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 tjricardo089
Member since 2010 • 7429 Posts

Hm, stick to what they do best? Steal 3rd parties? No MS has done that. Music players? Oh yeah, Ipod. Televisions? Darn it, I forgot about Samsung and LG. Well, Im out of ideas.

InfinityMugen

Movies? Oh yeah they sold their Spider-man license..

ForzaGearsFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ForzaGearsFace
Member since 2011 • 3724 Posts
I'm hopin microsoft buys them infuse some money and turn the whole thing around
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
In today's economy... no company is "safe."
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22865 Posts
In today's economy... no company is "safe."foxhound_fox
Agreed.... its always one wrong move from fail.
ForzaGearsFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ForzaGearsFace
Member since 2011 • 3724 Posts
You are right they aren't going anywhere they are stuck in mud