deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

You guys know me, I like Playstation but even I must acknowledge Sony must step its game up in order to justify the faith gamers put on them at the start of this gen. Besides Infamous SS and arguably Killzone SF all PS AAA exclusives thus far have been bad to mediocre. Even its marketing bets (Destiny and Watch Dogs) have been disappointing. The WiiU is full of great exclusives and the XOne received one more AAE today with SO. Its still not enough to make me want to buy an Xbone but even I can commend the fact MS is trying. Sony is just riding on the PS4 hype and thinking they're unstopable now. If they think they can survive with better multiplats on consoles and indies they're delusional. They're just falling for the same cr4p the X360 did last gen wich killed much of the Xbone hype. If this continues the PS5 will have trouble standing up cause they're killing gamers trust in them.

TDLR Bloodborne better delivers

What say you?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Yeah, but it's got all those sales you can play

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

I am fine playing multiplats, Alien Isolation was fun to play through, this week Lords of the fallen will keep me busy until Farcry 4 come next month

NoirLamia777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 NoirLamia777
Member since 2012 • 3180 Posts

Bloodborne is all it needs. Hyped at AAAAE from me.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

Meh its early days yet but there's no doubt the XB1 is beginning to make up for its awful start.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
Member since 2012 • 3185 Posts

I have a feeling Bloodborne will not score AAA. Don't quote me.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7  Edited By chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

Even if Bloodborne delivers I'm probably selling my PS4 when that one game is all said and done. Had it since March and only played MGS which whaddya know, came to PC anyways.

I'm sure it's a decent enough console for single-system owners or those partnering it with a Wii U but it falls flat stacked up against anything else.

The whole "own it all and play it all" club is boring and a waste of time/money and I'm finally getting the **** out of that mindset.

PapaTrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9 PapaTrop
Member since 2014 • 1792 Posts

That's because Sony fans don't care whether or not Sony delivers on their promises. They don't care if their platform is good. They just simply hate other platforms.

In Microsoft's case, their fans stepped up and spoke against ideas and practices they felt were bad, and Microsoft changed. Now they're getting a better product than most people would have expected.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@papatrop said:

That's because Sony fans don't care whether or not Sony delivers on their promises. They don't care if their platform is good. They just simply hate other platforms.

In Microsoft's case, their fans stepped up and spoke against ideas and practices they felt were bad, and Microsoft changed. Now they're getting a better product than most people would have expected.

Most MS fans were more than welcoming of the TV, Kinect box on this forum when it announced. If anything I'd say criticism from gamers in general is what did it, most of which were Playstation Fans, the negative publicity is what caught MS's attention.

Really Lems should be thanking Cows.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

Honestly, i'm disappointed too. The PS3 had awesome high scoring on Metacritic exclusives in the first year alone.

Besides Bloodborne and another Uncharted, only WILD really seems to be the next more interesting game

Even the xbone has Halo MCC, Scalebound, Crackdown and Phantom Dust for me. I trust Sony's 1st party, but after Guerrila Games, Sucker Punch, Evolution, Polyphony all falling recently, that trust is wavering abit.

On the upside, Project Horizon looks fucking awesome.

GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 GTSaiyanjin2
Member since 2005 • 6018 Posts

I think they are doing just fine. I mean when has a Playstation console not delivered in exclusives? I have 3 PS exclusives for the PS4, and only really liked 2 of them. I found ISS to be okay, and Driveclub to be the best of the bunch. Killzone was a big letdown, considering it didnt feel like a Killzone game at all. Then there is The Order and Bloodborn coming out early next year, both games have my interest. I dont think any of the big 3 consoles has any must have exclusive, if people are going to get one of these systems its most likely will be for the overall library.

PraetorianMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 PraetorianMan
Member since 2011 • 2073 Posts

Xbox One is catching up, but it still has a lot more catching up to do before its even. At this rate Sony has to keep constantly fucking up for at least another year or two without any exclusive titles that are considered decent by the general gaming community [not just supported by cows or hated by lems].

Microsoft is now playing their cards right, but it is still Sony's game to lose.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

Why so melodramatic?

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@deadline-zero0 said:

Honestly, i'm disappointed too. The PS3 had awesome AAA exclusive in the first year alone.

Besides Bloodborne and another Uncharted, only WILD really seems to be the next more interesting game

Even the xbone has Halo MCC, Scalebound, Crackdown and Phantom Dust for me. I trust Sony's 1st party, but after Guerrila Games, Sucker Punch, Evolution, Polyphony all falling recently, that trust is wavering abit.

the ps3 didnt get its first aaae until near the end of its second year.....

your memories are poor... all of you... PS3 was in a worse position than the PS4 at this point in its life... in every way.

inklineface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 inklineface
Member since 2014 • 134 Posts

Actually,Sony is dominating xbone, ninty, and pc. It's got the best and most selling exclusives.

Not sure what TC means.

Shawty_Beatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Shawty_Beatz
Member since 2014 • 1269 Posts

@PonchoTaco said:

I have a feeling Bloodborne will not score AAA. Don't quote me.

That would be funny if we could call it Flopborne, though I'm looking forward to it and hope it delivers.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@inklineface said:

Actually,Sony is dominating xbone, ninty, and pc. It's got the best and most selling exclusives.

Not sure what TC means.

No it doesn't

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

Meh. I don't see it. At least on the sales.

And they have The Show. That's enough for me to buy the system someday.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 TigerSuperman
Member since 2013 • 4331 Posts

@lostrib said:

Some people can't afford $75-$120 IBM/Lenovo PC's/Laptops, so they buy the PS4 for web browsing. Because they are too expensve.

The sad part is I am not joking, same thing with PS3 and 360, people looked at $500 PC's and got consoles without realizing uh.. yeah.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

can people stop panicking and flip flopping between success and failure of a console thats only been out for a year.

both sony and microsoft are doing their best to provide better value and better exclusives. the scores are what they are, but they are not purposely releasing mediocre games.

one thing i find funny is that infamouse scored AAE and call it mediocre, but sunset overdrive gets AAE and you dont say its mediocre? what?!?!?!? are we going on scores or personal opinion with a game?

wait til holiday 2015 before you judge how bad or how good a console is. it wasnt soo long ago that the wii u was a crap console, they get bayonetta 2, and all of a sudden they forgot their bitching and moaning

sony and ms have + & - with their game consoles....but lets not get it twisted, both libraries are not great. I can wait for holiday 2015 to judge liibraries

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@lostrib said:

don't forget all those Ps you have play too

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

There's supposed to be some big announcements in December and firmware 2.0 releases tomorrow. Even without the Dec announcements, I'm pretty happy with the 2015 lineup so far.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

your memories are poor... all of you... PS3 was in a worse position than the PS4 at this point in its life... in every way.

In the first year (2007), the PS3 had Uncharted 1, Ratchet and Clank Future: TOD, Motorstorm, Heavanly Sword. Also, Resistance 1, though i didn't really care too much for it.

The GS scores didn't match it, but Metacritic wise, and even for me personally, quality wise, it was there.

In the second year it got LBP1 and MGS4, which end up with a 10 on GS. I don't see Bloodborne or Uncharted 4 pulling that off. Could happen tough

Obviously, i'm not refering to multiplats here

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

This happened during the PS1 to PS2 gen. They juggled two platforms. Back then, Sony supported the PS2 at the cost of PS3 support. They juggled two platforms. Now, we got a lot of PS3 support but at the cost of PS4 support. Again, Sony was juggling two platforms with exclusive 1st party support. Is it a good strategy? That depends on the person. This strategy is different than the one Nintendo or Xbox employ.

1st Party Studios are coming, but this stuff takes time. Some stuff is just not going to be announced until the teams are finally ready. Here's a few examples: The Gran Turismo or the The God of War teams? You think they are just sitting around? No, when they are ready, we will start hearing about their games, probably at E3 or Tokyo Game Show. Sucker Punch is obviously working on their next game. Quantic Dream is working on something. Unfortunately, I've been through this enough times in every Sony console generation so I expected this to a degree. Nothing has changed for the year. The games I knew that were releasing at E3 for Wii U, Xbone, and PS4 are still releasing.

There isn't any surprises on the releases for the systems this year. None of these companies can magically make more 1st party games appear THIS YEAR than what has been announced and planned for. If anything, this thread is months late as E3 was before/early Summer.

It's a cycle. It's going to happen again when the PS5 releases, PS4 will get support. The nature of deciding to support the old console with 1st party exclusives or abandon it.

I have all the machines and Nintendo has an advantage with 1st party software to me because they released their machine a year earlier and they tend to abandon old hardware really fast as far as 1st party exclusives go.

As far as the machines exclusives I'm buying?

I'm buying two games for Wii U this year, Bayonetta and Super Smash Bros.

I'm only interested in Sunset Overdrive for my Xbone, but I'm not entirely sold on a day one purchase just yet.

I'm only interested in Little Big Planet for my PS4, but I'm not entirely sold on a day one purchase just yet.

----

As far as I can see, neither system is kicking ass yet. I'm glad Sunset is scoring in the low 80's at metacritic as Insomniac's last game, FUSE, bombed, but that's it for the whole year as far as exclusives go. I don't see this as a win for Xbone either, but for Nintendo Wii U as far as my wallet is concerned. Unfortunately, that came at the cost of Wii 1st party support and a machine that released sooner. We'll see how 2015 plays out. I'm far more excited for next year as 2014 has been the pits.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

@jsmoke03 said:

one thing i find funny is that infamouse scored AAE and call it mediocre, but sunset overdrive gets AAE and you dont say its mediocre? what?!?!?!?

Read again. I said Besides

Avatar image for DarthaPerkinjan
DarthaPerkinjan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28  Edited By DarthaPerkinjan
Member since 2005 • 1318 Posts

@SolidTy said:

This happened during the PS1 to PS2 gen. Then again Sony supported the PS2 at the cost of PS3 support. Now, we got a lot of PS3 support but at the cost of PS4 support.

Studios are coming, but this stuff takes time. It's a cycle. It's going to happen again when the PS5 releases, PS4 will get support. The nature of deciding to support the old console with 1st party exclusives or abandon it.

Yep Gran Turismo 6 and Little Big Planet 3 could have been full blown PS4 games but Sony decided to keep supporting the PS3. Microsoft abandoned the 360 almost 16 months before they released the X boner

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Relax.... Cows are freaking Zealots, they would follow Sony even if it was a sinking ship... Which won't happen because in order for it to sink, Cows would have to convert... And thats never gonna happen.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 darkangel115

@DarthaPerkinjan said:

@SolidTy said:

This happened during the PS1 to PS2 gen. Then again Sony supported the PS2 at the cost of PS3 support. Now, we got a lot of PS3 support but at the cost of PS4 support.

Studios are coming, but this stuff takes time. It's a cycle. It's going to happen again when the PS5 releases, PS4 will get support. The nature of deciding to support the old console with 1st party exclusives or abandon it.

Yep Gran Turismo 6 and Little Big Planet 3 could have been full blown PS4 games but Sony decided to keep supporting the PS3. Microsoft abandoned the 360 almost 16 months before they released the X boner

yup, sony takes the smart business route instead of supporting their early adopters, there is nothing wrong with it, but it makes owning a new sony console pretty shitty for the 1st few years. especially if the 3rd party doesn't come out with much. If i was a PS4 only owner i'd be pretty annoyed right now

jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 jessejay420
Member since 2011 • 4091 Posts

@commonfate said:

Even if Bloodborne delivers I'm probably selling my PS4 when that one game is all said and done. Had it since March and only played MGS which whaddya know, came to PC anyways.

I'm sure it's a decent enough console for single-system owners or those partnering it with a Wii U but it falls flat stacked up against anything else.

The whole "own it all and play it all" club is boring and a waste of time/money and I'm finally getting the **** out of that mindset.

why the **** would you sell your ps4?

that's a stupid move that i guarantee you will regret.

Don't sell it dude.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#32  Edited By millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

Why am i using my ps4 a crap ton more? I use the x1 for.....tv. maybe it will turn around for mcc.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

@Vatusus said:

@jsmoke03 said:

one thing i find funny is that infamouse scored AAE and call it mediocre, but sunset overdrive gets AAE and you dont say its mediocre? what?!?!?!?

i read wrong...sorry for that

but what followed up is that infamous is not enough of an effort yet sunset overdrive is for ms. i didnt read right but the following still gives the same context that ms AAE is okay but sony AAE isnt enough.

my whole point is people arent being fair when they cry out doom or failure....

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

i agree, and im a huge playstation fanboy. M$ is whooping their ass. Sony needs to step it up in the games dept and with releasing system/UI firmware updates. because they are falling waaayyy behind (especially the latter).

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#35 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

@jsmoke03: it's sw. You have several ppl who hold double standards when it comes to that. Alot here hate sony just to hate. Especially the higher level trolls. Then the real xbox fanboys follow behind.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

@millerlight89 said:

Why am i using my ps4 a crap ton more? I use the x1 for.....tv. maybe it will turn around for mcc.

I use my Xbox One ( for games ) a lot more than my PS4....so what's your point.

jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 jessejay420
Member since 2011 • 4091 Posts

@lglz1337 said:

TC i have a question for you

why would sony release all their blockbuster games now when ps4 is outselling Xposbone as it is ?

also how long did XposBoners waited for a new exclusive franchise ?

So you're saying Sony shouldn't release any good games because ps4 is selling more than x1?

LOL!!!

please tell me you're not this dumb..Please!!

Wow! just wow.

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

@jessejay420 said:

@commonfate said:

Don't sell it dude.

I haven't played it half a year but ok, I'll take your word for it.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Agreed. Sony's high sales aren't helping them out right now in the exclusives department. Get on that, Sony.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178837 Posts

Don't multi plats exist anymore? They are games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

@jsmoke03 said:

@Vatusus said:

@jsmoke03 said:

i read wrong...sorry for that

but what followed up is that infamous is not enough of an effort yet sunset overdrive is for ms. i didnt read right but the following still gives the same context that ms AAE is okay but sony AAE isnt enough.

my whole point is people arent being fair when they cry out doom or failure....

The SO was just one example but truth is MS pumped in a short amount of time not one but THREE AA games (Fantasia, FH2 and SO). Thats pretty good if you ask me. Sony released Driveclub... a 5/10 game. Thats very very bad for such an overhyped game by Sony. Also the XOne already has a AAAE game, the PS4 has none. Resogun is the only great exclusive I have played for the PS4 and thats a very sad thing to say when a niche arcade game beats most high budgeted games from Sony. The only thing I have enjoyed on the PS4 thus far were multiplats... in a console I bought for its exclusives...

These are just my personal feelings but I feel Sony is ridding too much on the PS4 success and its doing nothing about it

rell84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 rell84
Member since 2013 • 255 Posts

Lems like celebrating reviews just like forza horizon 2 support sunset overdrive this time lol

jsolidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By jsolidus
Member since 2011 • 171 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

@deadline-zero0 said:

Honestly, i'm disappointed too. The PS3 had awesome AAA exclusive in the first year alone.

^^^this times 100..Amazes me how people on here distort the truth.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

No console is stellar right now. 2 are in their first year and the 3rd finally got 2 in it's second year.

That said....I'm having fun with my PS4 and millions are doing the same....not sure what all the fuss is about.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50544 Posts

I've noticed they are a slow starter in games development. But when they get going, they catch up to the competition if not surpass it.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

Does nobody recall how far behind Sony started with the PS3? A year behind in release, last gen, and look how the generation ended. Has a Sony console ever disappointed in games? Hell, the PS2, perhaps the greatest console ever, started quite slowly itself.

Have some faith...

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50544 Posts

@Chutebox said:

I've noticed they are a slow starter in games development. But when they get going, they catch up to the competition if not surpass it.

@bforrester420 said:

Does nobody recall how far behind Sony started with both the PS2 and PS3? A year behind in release, last gen, and look how the generation ended. Has a Sony console ever disappointed in games? Have some faith...

Damn straight! People are freaking short sighted.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 darkangel115

@jessejay420 said:

@commonfate said:

Don't sell it dude.

honestly why do you care what he does with his money/stuff.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 darkangel115
@millerlight89 said:

Multiplats? IDK i asked another user but didn't get a response, so i'll ask you. did i miss anything? what are these games everyone who ha a PS4 is playing for the past year, cause i haven't had crap to play on mine. and mind you i have an X1 and a decent gaming laptop which i don't really use but its there if a good PC exclusive comes out as i prefer consoles. If there is something good out for me to get, please share