Sony is known for SP and MS for MP, name the TOP 10 best offerings of these games from each company this gen.

• 156 results
BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2425 Posts

*You're free to use any game offered on each company's current system that you feel properly represents the category they are praised for.

And order them based on either quality or personal your enjoyment of each title delivered*

From 2013 - 2019

Sony - representing best blockbuster single player offerings.

1. Horizon Zero Dawn - 89 MC

2. God of War - 94 MC

3. Bloodborne - 92 MC

4. The Last of Us Remastered - 95 MC

5. Nioh - 88 MC

6. Persona 5 - 93 MC

7. Uncharted 4 - 93 MC

8. Spiderman - 87 MC

9. Ratchet n Clank 85 MC

10. Yakuza 0 - 85 MC

MS - representing best high quality multiplayer offerings.

Honestly I don't own a xbox one, so I'm not familiar enough with MS's best multiplayer offerings to compile a list for them, so I'll leave that for xbox fans to properly fill in.

/

After creating your list, how well do you feel each company has delivered on their specific category of games they're know for?

I think Sony has hit the ball out the park for their effort and delivery of high quality blockbuster AAA single player games with Death Stranding, Ghosts of Tsushima, Final Fantasy 7 Remake and TLOU 2 still left to come.

As far as MS I'm not familiar with much of it's line up so I'll be looking for xbox fan made lists to make a determination.

* MC scores are NOT required for lists*

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#2 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24895 Posts

Great!. another sony glorification thread by TC where he use Metacritic scores.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 661 Posts

Sea of thieves is one and the halo series has good multiplayer too. Forza maybe too.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 44021 Posts

Poo frustrated cows, nothing on the Bore to play after the one and done movie-games so SW is the only game they have...

Cows do the best backfires. lol :P

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

@SecretPolice: I have tons of games to play, God of War still, CTR, Spider-Man DLC, DMC5, KH3, The Division 2, Yoshis Crafted World, Splatoon 2 splatfest and now Fire Emblem this week....nothing for my Xbox tho til Gears comes out lol

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

I have more hours in forza horizon 4 than days gone hzd and god of war together and I have barley scratched the surface and a nice bonus Fh4 on the x looks better than the 3 above

And until now I couldn’t have told you what metacritic score each had apart from days gone which flopped on here but was better than the 5/10 get both consoles and it stops brain fart threads like this ?

I couldn’t believe there is no ps plus sharing between 2 consoles? This dark age money grab can’t be right surely?

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SecretPolice  Online

@jcrame10:

GamePass, non stop gaming, live it, love it, for the gamerzzz... Jazz. Just sayin. :P

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9814 Posts

@boxrekt: Is this a cunning troll post, that is designed to get me as upset as you got, and always get?

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

I actually had a think about this and realized something. The word known for is a bit of a stretch this gen for MS. If they were really known for MP games they would be in better shape. Some promising games like Sea of thief failed to deliver. We always argue here how MP games are the shit. They sell the best. The problem for MS is the completion on mp games is greater and everyone actually plays MP games on that Movie Box.

On the other hand what is the competition for movie games, f***in Tomb Raider are you kidding me. MS gets an E for effort but they lost a step and competition is greater on MP field. I mean sony are not doing shit apart from GTS on MP games and they still win big.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

Id say as far as microsofts 1st party MP,

Forza franchise

Gears Franchise, 1-5 (5 about to drop) no one cares about judgement

Halo 1-5

Sunset over drive

Sea of thieves

State of decay

Its true that the gears, forza and halo games have carried microsofts 1st party MP, but they argurably some of the best MP games on home consoles including 3rd party games like COD, BF, RB6, and Overwatch. Which are multiplat.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BoxRekt
@ghosts4ever said:

Great!. another sony glorification thread by TC where he use Metacritic scores.

Nani?

It's a TOP 10 best list for things both MS and Sony are praised for.

I don't have a xbox one so I suggested an xbox fan make that list for MS. I even said everyone is free to use whatever game is on a current gen system they feel represents each company's category.

Why do you think this is a Sony glorification thread?

@SecretPolice said:

Poo frustrated cows, nothing on the Bore to play after the one and done movie-games so SW is the only game they have...

Cows do the best backfires. lol :P

Is that all you wanted to say SP?

As a highly vocal and loyal supporter of xbox, I'd expect you to jump at the chance to highlight the amazing MP games offed on MS's console this gen!?

Xbox fans always tell us sony fans how much better MS is at delivering high qulaity MP games, well this is your chance to highlight them for us all to appreciate. ?

@bluestars said:

I have more hours in forza horizon 4 than days gone hzd and god of war together and I have barley scratched the surface and a nice bonus Fh4 on the x looks better than the 3 above

And until now I couldn’t have told you what metacritic score each had apart from days gone which flopped on here but was better than the 5/10 get both consoles and it stops brain fart threads like this ?

I couldn’t believe there is no ps plus sharing between 2 consoles? This dark age money grab can’t be right surely?

LMFAO...what does any of that have to do with the topic of my thread?

? anyway..about those TOP 10 xbox one MP games?

lol you should calm down, your post all over the place. "PS Plus sharing"? Geez, try to focus and stay with me here. I didn't ask anyone about all the things you're going on about, nor did I bash either system in my OP.

Why are you acting so defensive and angry over a bash free TOP 10 list?

Also, I didn't say anyone had to use MC scores in their list, I just did for clarity.

If you're not capable of putting together a top 10 MP games list on behalf of MS's for this topic then all you had to do was say so.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SecretPolice  Online

@boxrekt:

MS's XBL and GP games make Phony and Nintendont look like noobs. just sayin.

lolololol :P

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 sealionact

*tumbleweed rolls gently by as this thread gets a general shrug...*

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Bluestars

@boxrekt:

This thread is dog shite, just rubbish based on opinions of game scores on a website,and used as fact by an idiot, metacritic is for knackers who can’t think for themselves and have to be told if a game is good or not

I thought I’d throw in game sharing as another example of why ps isn’t very good

I’ll expect a loads of sad giffs or bu but gramma mistakes in reply ??

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BoxRekt
@sealionact said:

@boxrekt: Is this a cunning troll post, that is designed to get me as upsetas you got, and always get?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Why would this make you upset?

This thread is pretty straight forward and bash free!

? I'm being completely transparent and taking a moment to highlight and appreciate the top 10 best games each company has provided within their own specialty category from this gen.

This should be as easy a task for MP loving Xbox fans to complete as it was for me as a single player appreciating Sony fan.

? The responses to my OP so far, or lack there of is a bit concerning...

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

Sometimes I too wish I had no life and could shit post all day. Alas, I can not.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BoxRekt
@jeezers said:

Id say as far as microsofts 1st party MP,

Forza franchise

Gears Franchise, 1-5 (5 about to drop) no one cares about judgement

Halo 1-5

Sunset over drive

Sea of thieves

State of decay

Its true that the gears, forza and halo games have carried microsofts 1st party MP, but they argurably some of the best MP games on home consoles including 3rd party games like COD, BF, RB6, and Overwatch. Which are multiplat.

I forgot, they did say Sunset Overdrive had MP right? How was that?

Did you have any other games you wanted to add to your list or just those?

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BoxRekt
@SecretPolice said:

@boxrekt:

MS's XBL and GP games make Phony and Nintendont look like noobs. just sayin.

lolololol :P

lol

Well I'll give you a "C" for consistency.

@fedor said:

Sometimes I too wish I had no life and could shit post all day. Alas, I can not.

And yet, that's all you even know how to do, ala...the post you just made. The irony.

Do you have a post to contribute to the actual topic of my thread or is this just more of your shit-post trolling behavior?

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Fedor

I wish I had more time to contribute... Alas, unlike TC, I have a life and cannot spend all day writing up novels on a gaming website. Oh, too be young and alone again.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BoxRekt
@sealionact said:

*tumbleweed rolls gently by as this thread gets a general shrug...*

So, nothing to add for MS's amazing MP offerings this gen?

Aren't you a vocal xbox supporter who praise MS for their MP games over Sony's single player titles?

I thought someone like you would jump at the opportunity to tell us all about MS's incredible MP offerings.

Disappointed/10

@bluestars said:

@boxrekt:

This thread is dog shite, just rubbish based on opinions of game scores on a website,and used as fact by an idiot, metacritic is for knackers who can’t think for themselves and have to be told if a game is good or not

I thought I’d throw in game sharing as another example of why ps isn’t very good

I’ll expect a loads of sad giffs or bu but gramma mistakes in reply ??

Jesus buddy..

This rage in your post is off the charts.

I'm an idiot? for what? You'd think I attacked your family the way you're having a meltdown. What a toxic post.

I'll take that as you telling me you don't have 10 MP games from MS to contribute to this topic.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#21 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69353 Posts

Wow, OP was so stressed by the last thread, that he couldn't sleep until he made a failed essay response thread. He even listed multiplatform in pure desperation.???

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BoxRekt
@fedor said:

I wish I had more time to contribute... Alas, unlike TC, I have a life and cannot spend all day writing up novels on a gaming website. Oh, too be young and alone again.

So, another trolling shit post? Okay, just more of the same from you as usual.

Stop crying in my thread and raging at me like a child talking about my life and other angry nonsense when you're on the same video game board as me, but you can't even seem to focus on talking about video games.

You're having an emotional breakdown because of what exactly?

What was it about my OP that caused you to lash out in your rage filled fanboy personal attack flame post? I'm all ears?

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Fedor

OP displays so much anger, I can't blame him. I would to if I was life deficient.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Pedro

@boxrekt said:
@fedor said:

Stop crying in my thread and raging at me like a child

Says the person drowning in his tears with a response thread. LOL
Says the person drowning in his tears with a response thread. LOL

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BoxRekt
@Pedro said:

Wow, OP was so stressed by the last thread, that he couldn't sleep until he made a failed essay response thread. He even listed multiplatform in pure desperation.???

You must be having trouble comprehending the topic. I'm not stressed over anything. And this is an original topic, not a response to anything.

Do you have a top 10 best MP games list for MS to contribute to this topic?

So far, no xbox fan who posted on this thread has provided a full list. Only jeezers attempted and while offering a few games, his list didn't reach the 10 I was asking for.

I don't think a TOP 10 list is too much to ask for from either platform after 6 years of being on the market with one system being praised for Single Player titles and the other being praised for Multiplayer.

It's confusing why no xbox fans have submitting their top 10 list to highlight MS's amazing MP titles they've been so vocal about this gen.

Can you do the honors Pedro?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Pedro

@boxrekt: LOL at you trying to pretend that its not a response thread. You got handed it so bad in the last thread that you made this thread. The only one you are fooling while crying on your keyboard is yourself buddy. Don't be such a shill.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By BoxRekt
@fedor said:

OP displays so much anger, I can't blame him. I would to if I was life deficient.

Hmm..

@fedor said:

Yet, you're still here, in my thread, having not once posted on the topic and still shit posting with off topic personal insults!

The irony of you saying someone is life deficient with your behavior. You should stop projecting.

I don't know what kind of life you have nor do I care. If you don't want to talk about video games and just want to shit-post and fling insults you should stop posting here and take your nonsense to instagram or twitter.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 jeezers

@boxrekt said:
@Pedro said:

You must be having trouble comprehending the topic. I'm not stressed over anything. And this is an original topic, not a response to anything.

So far, no xbox fan who posted on this thread has provided a full list. Only jeezers attempted and while offering a few games, his list didn't reach the 10 I was asking for.

I don't think a TOP 10 list is too much to ask for from either platform after 6 years of being on the market with one system being praised for Single Player titles and the other being praised for Multiplayer.

It's confusing why no xbox fans have submitting their top 10 list to highlight MS's amazing MP titles they've been so vocal about this gen.

Nah it definently reaches 10 1st party mp titles... halo, gears, and forza franchises have 10 titles between the 3 alone.... thats without even bringing up state of decay, sea of thieves, or sunset overdrive....

thats the thing.. even though xbox rinse and repeats, forza, gears, and halo, those games have great longevity because they all offer great MP... I dont even own an xbox one and can admit that.

Sony has crushed microsoft in SP offerings no doubt, but in MP, sony gets crushed by MS.

anything decent mp wise on playstation is also on xbox, and xbox's best 1st party titles all have top tier mp.

It is what it is.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By BoxRekt
@Pedro said:

@boxrekt: LOL at you trying to pretend that its not a response thread. You got handed it so bad in the last thread that you made this thread. The only one you are fooling while crying on your keyboard is yourself buddy. Don't be such a shill.

You sound confused and are reaching for something not there.

The last thread? I don't even know what thread you're supposed to be talking about.

There is no thread on the board that relates to the topic I created here, so maybe that's just your over eager imagination misleading you.

Clearly, you're just off base. This isn't a bash topic. I haven't made an argument to downplay either system here in this topic.

It's a simple TOP 10 appreciation list for the best games that both Sony and MS specialize in. I even updated my OP to clarify that you don't have to use MC scores in your list.

With all that said..

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 BoxRekt
@jeezers said:
@boxrekt said:
@Pedro said:

Nah it definently reaches 10 1st party mp titles...

anything decent mp wise on playstation is also on xbox,

I appreciate your contribution to the thread and actually posting on topic. But the bold part is factually untrue.

You're free to have your opinion about what you prefer but some things you just can't validate by preference and the bold is one of those things.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Fedor

Observe the no lifer's ability to spend all day on a gaming forum writing out novels. Truly a site to behold.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 jeezers

@boxrekt said:
@jeezers said:
@boxrekt said:
@Pedro said:

Nah it definently reaches 10 1st party mp titles...

anything decent mp wise on playstation is also on xbox,

I appreciate your contribution to the thread and actually posting on topic. But the bold part is factually untrue.

You're free to have your opinion about what you prefer but some things you just can't validate by preference and the bold is one of those things.

nah, thats a fact bud. What great multiplayer games exclusive to playstation are xbox fans missing out on.

List them

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 pdogg93
Member since 2015 • 1849 Posts

@fedor: you’ve replied 4 times about TC having no life and being able to post here.

Are you ok? It’s understandable you got burned by the fact that Xbox has nothing, but seriously it sounds like you might be in a delusional state my man.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Pedro

@boxrekt: I don't do appreciation lists. What kind of loser spends his time creating an appreciation list? I just play games wherever they land. Stop shilling so hard man. If you want a list of MP games on the Xbox take all the multiplayer PS4 games and add MS multiplayer games to it. BAM! List done.

"It's a simple TOP 10 appreciation list":- This is what happens when you are shilling too hard.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By BoxRekt
@fedor said:

Observe the no lifer's ability to spend all day on a gaming forum writing out novels. Truly a site to behold.

So why are you still here?

Better yet why are you still in this topic?

You said yourself you didn't have anything to contribute, but here you are. Obsessed, trolling my thread.

Are you confused or something?

When normal people find a thread they don't have anything to contribute to they either ignore them or find other threads to post in.

Why are you so obsessed with "my life" as you put it?

Does me posting topics about video games in a video game board seem strange to you?

What exactly are you doing here? It's not to discuss video games so you're the one who needs to get the priorities in your life in check.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Fedor

@pdogg93: I don't own an Xbox.

We now are witnessing the cow distress levels reaching defcon 4.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Bluestars

@boxrekt:

Ya whoppa

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 pdogg93
Member since 2015 • 1849 Posts

@fedor: oh ok. Mr. 5600 posts with a fulfilling life.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By BoxRekt
@jeezers said:
@boxrekt said:

nah, thats a fact bud. What great multiplayer games exclusive to playstation are xbox fans missing out on.

List them

No it's not a fact.

And no matter how much you want to believe that, it won't make it true.

Also this thread isn't to promote PS4 as having superior MP offerings over MS's but you just made a false statement and I needed to correct you.

I'll give you a simple ex.

Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers 92 MC

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/final-fantasy-xiv-shadowbringers

And just recently released at that. See what you said was false. There is no wiggle room with the statement you made.

Again, I wasn't trying to promote Sony's MP titles here, but if you make blatant false statement, I'm obligated to correct it.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Fedor

@pdogg93: Yep, Mr. Multiple alt person. Too easy.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 jeezers

@boxrekt: 1 title... thats an mmo and better on PC,

its not 1st party either.. lol You got me, sony does have that 1 game over xbox...

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By BoxRekt
@pdogg93 said:

I guess me posting here about video games on a game specific website makes me a looser and says I have no life.

I guess @fedor is better than me for taking the time to come to the same video game board I'm on and telling me how I have no life instead of talking about games.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

I thought response threads were not allowed?

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Fedor

@boxrekt said:
@pdogg93 said:

I guess me posting here about video games on a game specific website makes me a looser and says I have no life.

I guess @fedor is better than mefor taking the time to come to the same video game board I'm on and telling me how I have no life for talking about video games.

Yes.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By BoxRekt
@jeezers said:

@boxrekt: 1 title... thats an mmo and better on PC,

its not 1st party either.. lol You got me, sony does have that 1 game over xbox...

Again, the point of this thread isn't to prove Sony provides better MP games than MS so there was no need for me to provide any more than 1 example here.

@jeezers said:

anything decent mp wise on playstation is also on xbox...

? a reminder of your statement.

If this was a discovery thread about Sony's MP offerings I might provide more but it's not and I'm not trying to derail my own topic with this side dispute.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Pedro

@Xabiss said:

It isn't but OP is trying to claim that it isn't a response thread.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By BoxRekt
@Pedro said:

@boxrekt: I don't do appreciation lists. What kind of loser spends his time creating an appreciation list? I just play games wherever they land. Stop shilling so hard man. If you want a list of MP games on the Xbox take all the multiplayer PS4 games and add MS multiplayer games to it. BAM! List done.

"It's a simple TOP 10 appreciation list":- This is what happens when you are shilling too hard.

? Any time someone makes a "TOP" or "best" list of any games it's an appreciation list.

So pretty much the entire forum are the kind of losers who spend time creating appreciation lists.

But I guess you're special and never made any top or best game lists on this board before?

Wow ? You're so cool, what a rebel @Pedro is.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By BoxRekt
@Pedro said:
@Xabiss said:

It isn't but OP is trying to claim that it isn't a response thread.

It isn't.

Is this your way of saying you hate this topic?

A response thread to what? There are no threads that even remotely relate this one nor does my thread attempt to downplay another platform.

I'll humor you, tell me what this is supposed to be a response thread to and I'll politely embarrass you by exposing how you're reaching.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 sealionact

@boxrekt: "I guess me posting here about video games on a game specific website makes me a looser and says I have no life."

Well, yes..there's that. But mainly not knowing how to spell loser.....

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 BoxRekt
@sealionact said:

@boxrekt: "I guess me posting here about video games on a game specific website makes me a looser and says I have no life."

Well, yes..there's that. But mainly not knowing how to spell loser.....