NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11792 Posts

In a recent interview with the Wall Street Journal, a Sony Spokesman stated that they're mainly censoring games in fear of facing legal allegations in wake of the MeToo movement.

Sony is concerned the company could become a target of legal and social action.

We don’t have criteria in written guidelines or that sort of thing because the policy was introduced kind of suddenly in the wake of the #MeToo movement.

A spokeswoman said:

[Sony has] responsibility to our users as a platform holder. [It’s] so that creators can offer well-balanced content on the platform and [gaming] does not inhibit the sound growth and development [of youngsters].

They also mentioned the disappointment of many developers especially those in Japan were they're more relaxed with sexual content.

However, The Wall Street Journal also mentioned the disappointment of several game developers for this new policy, particularly in Sony’s own homeland of Japan, where sexually explicit content is more widespread in games. Not only are they concerned about the potential limitations to their creative approach during development, but they’ve also pointed out that the lack of written guidelines is proving problematic in itself.

The CEO of a small Japanese studio said:

You don’t know what they will say until you complete the work and submit it for review. And if they are not happy, even if they allowed the same degree of sexuality a few days before, we need to take it back and ask our staff to make adjustments. That’s very costly.

Another executive from a Japanese developer didn’t mince words on the outcome of this policy:

What they’re saying to us is basically go find a niche somewhere else.

These developers won’t have the same issues on a platform like Steam on PC, for instance, but they can’t be happy about having to censor their niche games on PlayStation consoles, particularly because that particular niche audience is far more prevalent on Sony’s PlayStation 4 than the Nintendo Switch or Microsoft’s Xbox One.

Some more excerpts from the article:

Sony officials said executives at the company have grown concerned that its global reputation could take a hit from sexually explicit content sold only in a few markets. One of their biggest concerns is software sold in the company’s home market of Japan, which traditionally has had more tolerance for near-nudity and images of young women who might appear underage.

Two factors last year combined to turn that unease into action, these Sony officials say. One was the rise of the #MeToo movement in the U.S., which pointed to the dangers of being associated with content that some might see as demeaning to women. The second was the emergence of channels on sites like YouTube and Amazon Inc.’s Twitch where gamers play in front of a camera and are watched by fans online. That means games meeting Japan’s laxer standards can get world-wide exposure.

In general, any company making a game for a platform like the PlayStation 4, Microsoft Corp.’s Xbox or Nintendo Co.’s Switch signs a contract with the platform maker governing royalties and other items. That gives the platform maker the ability to block games it doesn’t like.

Nintendo said it doesn't regulate sexual content beyond requiring game makers to obtain a rating from national bodies. It said its game systems allow parents to restrict content based on the rating. Microsoft declined to comment.

Funny how Sony list Twitch as one of their fears as a media for sexual games to be exposed to a wider audience when Twitch has basically been turned into a cam girl site. Sony's just handing over the Asian gamer and developer market to PC and Nintendo.

In before all the prudes saying good on Sony and that it doesn't matter for these niche weaboo pervert pedophile games. Realize it's no longer niche games like Senran Kagura but mainstream hits like Devil May Cry V getting censored by them. If Sony are already willing to censor a game like that what's to say they won't censor Cyberpunk 2077, the next Witcher game or hell the next Grand Theft Auto game? Games like MK11 are already getting censored for sexual content cuz "the children" despite how incredibly violent they are.

What about games that have sexuality as a theme such as Catherine, Bayonetta and Skullgirls. But are still fairly serious with good plots and gameplay?

What about games like the Yakuza series that have some indulgence in sexual content are they for a niche of weeaboo perverts and deserved to be denied on Playstation if the devs refuse to take it out?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61473 Posts

Ahhh, more left-leaning BS. Any form of unwanted sexual advances are a big no-no, but being a giant baby and trying to censor media that aren't depicting any act that would be illegal? **** off.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11053 Posts

I'm definitely not against cracking down on the content with minors. I don't blame them for not giving that shit a home. But, as far as everything else, it should be up the devs to want to realize their creative visions when making content without heavy censorship being mandated. The ESRB provides the appropriate warnings. I guess it's within reason for all the platform holders, but, if you want that anime fap wank you need very badly, then you don't need to buy a Playstation console. Spend that cash on PC.

strategyfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#4  Edited By strategyfn
Member since 2012 • 1175 Posts

I sure miss the DOA XBV series, but no I am not desperate enough to import. Not like Sony is lacking in games though, currently enjoying Red Dead Redemption 2.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#5 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10585 Posts

Already read this a few days back. *Shrugs* Sucks to be anyone who has to put up with Sony's paranoia, I guess.

MosquitoBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 MosquitoBaby
Member since 2019 • 74 Posts

Mods, doesn't this belong on the political forum? I don't understand why this is on this board.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61473 Posts

@mosquitobaby said:

It happens on both sides. Conservatives cry every time there's a female representation in a leading role, blacks, gays, immigrants. If anything the left is tame by comparison, at least their not vividly intolerant.

Not gonna get into this debate. This is prudish, through-and-through.

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 296

#10 Sam3231
Member since 2008 • 2945 Posts

They do have lbp tho

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By madrocketeer

@mosquitobaby:

*Groans* Not everything tangentially politics-related has be in the Politics forum. The discussion can still continue to be about Sony's paranoia and therefore still primarily about gaming, without going off into the usual tiresome left-vs-right political shit-flinging you and lundy86_4 attempted to bring in here.

Whether that will actually happen is another matter. If it doesn't, mods will probably close it, so whatever.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Another day another cow alt appears.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#14 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58842 Posts

Halflife 2 is the most politically relevant game a decade and a half on, truly a masterpiece.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#15  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts
@mosquitobaby said:

It happens on both sides. Conservatives cry every time there's a female representation in a leading role, blacks, gays, immigrants. If anything the left is tame by comparison, at least their not vividly intolerant.

I swear, some games like Beyond Good and Evil and Mercenaries (both of the PS2, GC, XBOX era) would not survive this day in age. Beyond Good and Evil would be bashed for being an SJW game (what BGE always was, just no one cared in '03, but if Michel Ancel made it today, he'd go from French Miyamoto to Cucked Miyamoto, which I fear will happen with BGE2).

And Mercenaries... c'mon the last two games were set in North Korea and Venezuela. Given recent trends and when you look at Wolfenstein and Far Cry, there's a good chance a future game (if they make one, franchise has been dead for years, I bring it up because the first game is playable on the BONE) will be set in one of two "unions" that still have the gall to call themselves "united" (and in parts that either recently, or have a HISTORY of trying to secede from their "unions").

MosquitoBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MosquitoBaby

@madrocketeer said:

@mosquitobaby:

*Groans* Not everything tangentially politics-related has be in the Politics forum. The discussion can still continue to be about Sony's paranoia and therefore still primarily about gaming, without going off into the usual tiresome left-vs-right political shit-flinging you and lundy86_4 attempted to bring in here.

Whether that will actually happen is another matter. If it doesn't, mods will probably close it, so whatever.

I'm not sure what you expect from this discussion. It will end up being a left vs right political debate, so your point makes no sense. If I don't support this action by Sony, you'll call me right leaning. If I support it then you label me as a leftist.

I don't see how this is Sony's paranoia < again you yourself are entering into a political leaning debate. I see it more as a great move by Sony to actively support a great cause. See how that works? Two different opinions. You wanted a discussion, so there you have it.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 madrocketeer

@mosquitobaby:

Maybe, but it doesn't have to be. And if it does, the thread will probably get closed anyway.

Thus, your request to have it moved to the Politics forum is unnecessary at best, irrelevant at worst.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

No problem with them censoring the pedo games. But the censoring of a female ass in DMCV shows that's not the only kind of games they're censoring and something tells me had it been a male ass it never would have been censored. Hence Sony publishing Death Stranding.

So to me it just sounds more like "women can't show skin"

I find it hilarious that as games get more and more violent yet T&A are still forbidden.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

Uhhhh, the ESRB?

MosquitoBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MosquitoBaby

@madrocketeer said:

@mosquitobaby:

Maybe, but it doesn't have to be. And if it does, the thread will probably get closed anyway.

Thus, your request to have it moved to the Politics forum is unnecessary at best, irrelevant at worst.

Except it's not really an issue, except for someone who's on the right leaning spectrum. Hence, why it's political. I don't see an issue with this, so why it would be a discussion in System Wars is beyond me. Clearly this thread is meant to be political. I'm sure it will get closed or moved. You can bet on that.

Also, if you like pedo games, like most conservatives apparently that get a big snowflaky fuss over anything that censors immature sexual content - more power to you.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

@mosquitobaby said:

Anyhow, personally. Anything that makes conservative snowflakes lose their minds is fine by me. Good job, Sony. #Trumploser2020

lol so true.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58842 Posts

@mosquitobaby said:
@madrocketeer said:

@mosquitobaby:

Except it's not really an issue, except for someone who's on the right leaning spectrum. Hence, why it's political. I don't see an issue with this, so why it would be a discussion in System Wars is beyond me. Clearly this thread is meant to be political. I'm sure it will get closed or moved. You can bet on that.

> Alt-account purely registered to desperately try to hide thread from view

> Spams suggestively begging for mods to intervene

> Claims "not an issue for me"

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23  Edited By 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:
@mosquitobaby said:

Not gonna get into this debate. This is prudish, through-and-through.

It is prudish, but it isn't really a "leftist" idea to try and censor and/or scapegoat video games for societal problems. Unfortunately video games can be made a whipping boy for either side of the political spectrum depending on what the the provocateurs are going after (violence, sex, nudity, perceived anti-religion symbols... whatever).

There probably is some stuff that doesn't really belong in video games or Japanese games that are incompatible with the west, it really just boils down to Sony's decision to take those concerns and apply them stupidly (such as the DMC V censoring example). I have less of an issue with games having diversity, even if it's obviously "forced" a bit or heavy handed sometimes... who cares? It's pretty messed up that type of stuff actually bothers some people.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:

I'm definitely not against cracking down on the content with minors. I don't blame them for not giving that shit a home. But, as far as everything else, it should be up the devs to want to realize their creative visions when making content without heavy censorship being mandated. The ESRB provides the appropriate warnings. I guess it's within reason for all the platform holders, but, if you want that anime fap wank you need very badly, then you don't need to buy a Playstation console. Spend that cash on PC.

While I generally think that "sex" in video game is cringe worthy 100% of the time. Games have M ratings available for a reason. There should basically be zero censorship as minors are not supposed to be playing M games anyway. Parents need to do their jobs.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By madrocketeer
@mosquitobaby said:

Also, if you like pedo games, like most conservatives apparently that get a big snowflaky fuss over anything that censors immature sexual content - more power to you.

System Wars these days pretty much the only place on these creaking old forums where actual discussions about games take place. Censorship is an issue in the video game industry, and should be discussed based on its own merits and problems in the context of the industry at large, since it affects everyone regardless of their political leanings. hence it's worth discussing. The OP made no direct political reference in the opening post. Your obsession is showing.

And since you went and edited a previous post, I'll loop back to respond to this:

@mosquitobaby said:

I don't see how this is Sony's paranoia < again you yourself are entering into a political leaning debate. I see it more as a great move by Sony to actively support a great cause. See how that works? Two different opinions. You wanted a discussion, so there you have it.

Here's from the article:

(snip)

Sony officials said executives at the company have grown concerned that its global reputation could take a hit from sexually explicit content sold only in a few markets. One of their biggest concerns is software sold in the company’s home market of Japan, which traditionally has had more tolerance for near-nudity and images of young women who might appear underage.

Sony are not "supporting a great cause." They admitted up front that they're doing this to cover their backsides. And what they're doing might not even be necessary; it certainly doesn't look like Nintendo and Microsoft are emulating Sony on this, and they seem to be merrily going about their business as usual. Thus, paranoia.

Anyway, it seems your and others' contributions are putting this thread on its way to being closed. Eh. Inb4lock, I suppose.

MosquitoBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By MosquitoBaby

@madrocketeer said:
@mosquitobaby said:

System Wars these days pretty much the only place on these creaking old forums where actual discussions about games take place. Censorship is an issue in the video game industry, and should be discussed based on its own merits and problems in the context of the industry at large, since it affects everyone regardless of their political leanings. hence it's worth discussing. The OP made no direct political reference in the opening post. Your obsession is showing.

And since you went and edited a previous post, I'll loop back to respond to this:

@mosquitobaby said:

Here's from the article:

(snip)

Sony are not "supporting a great cause." They admitted up front that they're doing this to cover their backsides. And what they're doing might not even be necessary; it certainly doesn't look like Nintendo and Microsoft are emulating Sony on this, and they seem to be merrily going about their business as usual. Thus, paranoia.

Anyway, it seems your and others' contributions are putting this thread on its way to being closed. Eh. Inb4lock, I suppose.

Again, it is supporting a great cause. They don't have to do it, they're not obligated as a company. They are doing it because it's the right thing to do. Also, neither Microsoft or Nintendo have that pedo game on their store. Thus, not paronoia.

I love how you're pointing this at Sony, when Valve just censored/banned a game about rape. Do you honestly think Nintendo nor Microsoft would have also done the same? It's not a left vs right issue, it's a moral issue. Again, if you like games about pedo. Go Torrent them, but they don't belong in the Playstation store.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 NoodleFighter

@uninspiredcup: @madrocketeer: Thank you. I made this thread to point out and discuss Sony being cowards, anti gamer and censoring solely to protect themselves and it just devolved into anotherl left vs right turd flinging fest. This mosquitobaby person is clearly just trying to stir shit up to get this thread closed.

@MirkoS77 said:

Uhhhh, the ESRB?

It means nothing. We got tons of idiot parents complaining about violent video games yet continue to buy their kids Call Of Duty and Grand Theft Auto. Then there are the idiots using outrage culture to get games censored regardless of ESRB and target audience of games because anything they don't like needs to go.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#30 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts
@BenjaminBanklin said:

LOL, continue to shill for the Corporate Overlords at Sony I see

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#31 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5245 Posts

Why is thread not in the Political Gamer forum?

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 BenjaminBanklin
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

Who am I shilling for? I'm saying if you want uncensored content and the creepy games you like, don't buy a Playstation. I mean, it wasn't that long ago when Nintendo had censored Fire Emblem games igniting the wrath of GG. This is their policy, don't support it if there's an alternative.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By madrocketeer
@mosquitobaby said:

Again, it is supporting a great cause. They don't have to do it, they're not obligated as a company. They are doing it because it's the right thing to do. Also, neither Microsoft or Nintendo have that pedo game on their store. Thus, not paronoia.

*Claims altruism on Sony's part"

*Is provided direct citation that Sony are motivated purely to cover their arses*

*Still claims altruistic motive without evidence other than "they don't have to do it"*

@mosquitobaby said:

I love how you're pointing this at Sony, when Valve just censored/banned a game about rape. Do you honestly think Nintendo nor Microsoft would have also done the same? It's not a left vs right issue, it's a moral issue. Again, if you like games about pedo. Go Torrent them, but they don't belong in the Playstation store.

Oh, you mean the game Valve banned because, quote; "After significant fact-finding and discussion, we think 'Rape Day' poses unknown costs and risks and therefore won't be on Steam." In other words, they did it to cover their arses as well?

I'm not one of those weirdos who think all censorship is automatically bad, by the way. Ultimately, Sony owns their platform, and they can do whatever the Hell they want with it. In fact, it is prudent business strategy to set some limits on their content, because association by adjacency is a real thing. There is a legitimate discussion be had about the balance between freedom of expression and acceptability in a civilized society. There is also a legitimate discussion be had about whether Sony has overcompensated in either direction of that balance, and whether it's even necessary.

But just as a reminder; your very first post in this thread questioned why this isn't in the Politics forum. Then you followed on from that post with two more about "conservative snowflakes." You were the second, after lundy86_4, who brought the left versus right stuff into this thread, and granted, you were far from the only two to do so. For you to suddenly shift around and say, quote; "it's not a left vs right issue," I find that highly hypocritical.

And I think I'm going to refrain on commenting on the hilarity of the "it's a moral issue" claim.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#34 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

Who am I shilling for? I'm saying if you want uncensored content and the creepy games you like, don't buy a Playstation. I mean, it wasn't that long ago when Nintendo had censored Fire Emblem games igniting the wrath of GG. This is their policy, don't support it if there's an alternative.

Irrelevant, this all reeks that Jack Thompson should return and force heavy censorship on everything. Everything that worked hard for the sake of art thrown away from Sony.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 BenjaminBanklin
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

Irrelevant, this all reeks that Jack Thompson should return and force heavy censorship on everything. Everything that worked hard for the sake of art thrown away from Sony.

Hyperbole. No one can do damage over the wild west of games on PC. If there's no one to answer to, then you can cut loose. Consoles are never going to get those kinds of games anyway, only the lightweight creepy stuff. So they'll never be the bastions of "free speech" in gaming anyway since they have SOME kind of base regulations in place.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 BenjaminBanklin
@blackhairedhero said:

Lol lefties ruining gaming. They really are a cancer.

Then explain the current administration scapegoating video game violence to protect guns.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#37 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

Ahhh, more left-leaning BS. Any form of unwanted sexual advances are a big no-no, but being a giant baby and trying to censor media that aren't depicting any act that would be illegal? **** off.

Using sex scandals to take down political or career opponents is thoroughly the province of the ultra right. The FBI tried the same thing on MLK Jr., headed by J Edgar Hoover. Look up COINTELPRO. Don't get it mixed up.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52424 Posts

Sony have been extra lame. Gonna get even worse with those fuckers.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8469 Posts

Thank you Valve for taking care of us.

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Blackhairedhero
Member since 2018 • 3231 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin: Last time I checked they didn't pass any legislation though. That has historically been Democrats as well.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.550126

Meanwhile you have corporations who are horrified of the mob mentality of the left.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

Well in Sony's defense, Nintendo did make Snake's ass a lot flatter in the new Smash. It was.....oddly upsetting.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

Does sony not see that when you cater to one group (the Left) you alienate the other (the Right)?

I don’t presently buy playstations, and this doesn’t make me want one in the future.

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

If Sony persists with this shit I'm done with console gaming.

This is not a left or right issue, this is a censorship issue, it should be up to the free market to decide what sells not a corporation or government.

True liberalism is handing power back to the individual, I have no problem with them giving us the tools to censor ourselves and leave it up to the individual what they want to see.

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Kali-B1rd
Member since 2018 • 2241 Posts

Welcome to the modern "liberal Left" ....where censorship, restriction and authoritarianism are "justified" to fix issues (that won't be fixed) by censorship media.

Meanwhile these people praise scammers like Anita Sarkeesian for literally making sexism out of nothing.

Consoles are not "for kids" any more, this is not the early days of video games, 18+ sexual games should be allowed.

MosquitoBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 MosquitoBaby

@ten_pints said:

If Sony persists with this shit I'm done with console gaming.

This is not a left or right issue, this is a censorship issue, it should be up to the free market to decide what sells not a corporation or government.

True liberalism is handing power back to the individual, I have no problem with them giving us the tools to censor ourselves and leave it up to the individual what they want to see.

Lol, Valve does the same thing. Censoring pedo games, games about rape - there's nothing wrong with that. Also, just because we live in a liberal society doesn't mean we have to give full power to individuals. If that's the case, pedophiles would have the liberty to sexually abuse minors. But we have moral standards and rules. I'm glad Sony and the left are on the right side of history.

MosquitoBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 MosquitoBaby

@madrocketeer said:
@mosquitobaby said:

*Claims altruism on Sony's part"

*Is provided direct citation that Sony are motivated purely to cover their arses*

*Still claims altruistic motive without evidence other than "they don't have to do it"*

@mosquitobaby said:

Oh, you mean the game Valve banned because, quote; "After significant fact-finding and discussion, we think 'Rape Day' poses unknown costs and risks and therefore won't be on Steam." In other words, they did it to cover their arses as well?

I'm not one of those weirdos who think all censorship is automatically bad, by the way. Ultimately, Sony owns their platform, and they can do whatever the Hell they want with it. In fact, it is prudent business strategy to set some limits on their content, because association by adjacency is a real thing. There is a legitimate discussion be had about the balance between freedom of expression and acceptability in a civilized society. There is also a legitimate discussion be had about whether Sony has overcompensated in either direction of that balance, and whether it's even necessary.

But just as a reminder; your very first post in this thread questioned why this isn't in the Politics forum. Then you followed on from that post with two more about "conservative snowflakes." You were the second, after lundy86_4, who brought the left versus right stuff into this thread, and granted, you were far from the only two to do so. For you to suddenly shift around and say, quote; "it's not a left vs right issue," I find that highly hypocritical.

And I think I'm going to refrain on commenting on the hilarity of the "it's a moral issue" claim.

Okay, so let me get it straight. First you wanted this thread to remain open, but now that we're having a political debate and it doesn't suit your narrative your point is? We're having a discussion, sorry if it doesn't fit your right-wing agenda. As I stated before, I'm happy that Sony is using their platform to actively combat sexism and pedophilia. We're done with a time were 40 year old could marry 13 year olds (though that still happens in the deep south of the U.S).

Sony has a right, if you don't like it, great, doesn't change the fact that they won this gen. 100+ million units, twice as more as the Xbox ONE. Hence, moan and complain on these forums all you want. Not gonna change a thing.

MosquitoBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 MosquitoBaby

@NoodleFighter said:

@uninspiredcup: @madrocketeer: Thank you. I made this thread to point out and discuss Sony being cowards, anti gamer and censoring solely to protect themselves and it just devolved into anotherl left vs right turd flinging fest. This mosquitobaby person is clearly just trying to stir shit up to get this thread closed.

@MirkoS77 said:

Uhhhh, the ESRB?

It means nothing. We got tons of idiot parents complaining about violent video games yet continue to buy their kids Call Of Duty and Grand Theft Auto. Then there are the idiots using outrage culture to get games censored regardless of ESRB and target audience of games because anything they don't like needs to go.

I'm discussing the thread. What the hell did you expect, everyone to agree that your pedo game shouldn't be censored? The reality is, this isn't a left vs right issue. It's a moral issue, period. I'm glad Sony is censoring the game. If you have an issue with it, don't support the company. Simple as that. Won't change PS NOW is the most popular streaming gaming service and the PS4 the top selling console.

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Kali-B1rd
Member since 2018 • 2241 Posts
@mosquitobaby said:

Anyhow, personally. Anything that makes conservative snowflakes lose their minds is fine by me. Good job, Sony. #Trumploser2020

This is a f*cking dull mentality to have, each side has good points every now and then.

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

Why is it creepy?

Why is sexual content creepy to the west? I thought we were meant to be the easier going nations.... yet we still can't have sexual products on a large portion of the video game market.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

What content are they talking about, just sexual content? Give me examples. You'll have to excuse me if I'm not up in arms over an interview that doesn't list out specifics. If you're game doesn't stand on it's own without explicitly sexual material then it's probably not a good game. Naturally we have ESRB ratings for a reason so I'm not seeing what the problem exactly is here.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 NoodleFighter

@kali-b1rd said:

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

Why is it creepy?

Why is sexual content creepy to the west? I thought we were meant to be the easier going nations.... yet we still can't have sexual products on a large portion of the video game market.

Nevermind how hyper sexualized our music, television and movies are. Somehow we draw the line at video games. Western society seems to have no problem with pop stars and rappers getting kids to sexually objectify themselves but some boob jiggle in a video game is going to far.