Sony is about to sell PC business - UPDATE SOLD!

• 196 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#151 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Me and a few other lemming brethren warned of this. Cows are going to be in denial right up until the plug is pulled.

And when Sony doesn't go bankrupt, and when the Playstation 4 brand is completely unaffected, I'm sure you'll be here to remind us of your predictions as well, right?

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#152 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I remember buying some Sony Trinitron aperture-grille CRT monitors a decade and a half ago. They were pretty good. But those from Mitsubishi were better. That was the extent of Sony in my PC world.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

@Mozelleple112 said:

@IgGy621985 said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

Sony has already lost smart tv wars, cellphone wars, tablet wars, netbook wars and laptop wars. Only PS brand is left. Lol.

The biggest threat to Sony is not Xbox or PC. It´s Sony itself XD

Xperia phones are pretty good tho

More than just good, their flagship Z1 has constantly been praised as "best smartphone on the market" and "smartphone of the year" pretty much everywhere.

And before I get accused of being a fanboy my smartphone history is Galaxy S4 < Galaxy S3 < iPhone 3Gs < Nokia < Nokia < Nokia < Nokia < Nokia.............

The z1s kicks ass I love it and tmobile's network is fast even works in the subway. The camera is sick also.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts

Nothing was lost, their laptops were overpriced for what you go, complete waste of money.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

The domino effect of failures continues for Sony, they can't catch a break.

nyzma23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#156  Edited By nyzma23
Member since 2013 • 1003 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

@blackace said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@blackace said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

I love how Sony pays microsoft for their OS on their laptops

And I love how Microsoft pays Sony for the bluray drive on their Xbones.

You do realize that Sony isn't the only company that makes Blu-Ray drives right? lol!! I haven't opened my XB1 yet, but I bet money they don't have a Sony Blu-Ray drive in there. Blu-Ray was created by 7 different companies, not just Sony.

Isn't the blu ray tech owned by sony ? :s

No it's own by Blu-ray Disc Association - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blu-ray_Disc_Association

This company is run by these companies. --> MIT, Sony, Panasonic, Pioneer, Philips, Thomson, LG Electronics, Hitachi, Sharp, and Samsung

Sony just did most of the marketing and promotion for it because it was released in their PS3.

So it's owned by the Blu-Ray disc association, which Sony is part of, so Sony gets a part of every Xbone sold, like I said.

What are you trying to get at ?

and sony have to pay to microsoft for windows license and android patent :D

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#157 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

@blackace said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@blackace said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

You do realize that Sony isn't the only company that makes Blu-Ray drives right? lol!! I haven't opened my XB1 yet, but I bet money they don't have a Sony Blu-Ray drive in there. Blu-Ray was created by 7 different companies, not just Sony.

No it's own by Blu-ray Disc Association - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blu-ray_Disc_Association

This company is run by these companies. --> MIT, Sony, Panasonic, Pioneer, Philips, Thomson, LG Electronics, Hitachi, Sharp, and Samsung

Sony just did most of the marketing and promotion for it because it was released in their PS3.

So it's owned by the Blu-Ray disc association, which Sony is part of, so Sony gets a part of every Xbone sold, like I said.

The bulk of the money would go to the company who makes the Blu-Ray drive. There are a LOT more companies associated with Blu-ray Disc Association, so if anything the company who sold the device probably puts a % of the sales into BDA. Microsoft isn't paying Sony.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@Murderstyle75 said:

@blackace:

Xbox alone loses Microsoft about 2 billion a year. How much more money does it have to lose before Microsoft hangs you Lems out to dry? The only thing that turns any kind of profit for their entertainment division is Android royalties.

Microsoft just made $6.5 billion in net profit this last quarter. Both Sony & Microsoft will lose at least a billion with the PS4 & XB1 for the first year. Sony just lost $1.10 billion for 2013's fiscal year. Kaz is running around is office going ape shit right about now. His so called HDTV Strategy his put in place last year failed.

Go on and read all about it. http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-02-06/sony-forecasts-annual-loss-as-hirai-turnaround-stalls-on-tvs.html

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

just out of curiosity who the hell would buy the vaio name?

and why?

i have literally never seen one in use outside a sony pictures movie.

you know who uses vaio?

spiderman, alice from resident evil and the men in black.

that's their entire user base.

i mean sure you get points for star power but how is your company going to make profit from that? maybe because those vaios are always getting destroyed by supervillians, zombies and aliens?

is that really a sustainable business plan?

psx_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 psx_warrior
Member since 2006 • 1757 Posts

@Sushiglutton said:

PC-gaming is dying confirmed

Steam and Kickstarter says hey.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By Murderstyle75
Member since 2011 • 4412 Posts

@blackace:

Microsoft makes no profit though from the Xbox brand. Its always been one of their biggest losses. How much longer do you think this trend can continue before they just say **** it?

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50556 Posts

@Riverwolf007: Don't forget James bond

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#164 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

I still think they have life in them. Maybe its because I saw IBM go from 300+ to 60. But, this company will rebound.

Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

Its for the best because PC's as a whole are a sinking ship. They still have their place but anymore only way you make money is by selling shit ass computers for dirt cheap at k-mart or walmart in bulk to make a little cash, or you sell super high end PCs at insane prices to a smaller select group. The days of a good variety of well built mid range PC's is mostly gone aside from like dell. Tablets are taking over and laptops still make a dent in the market.

Sony probably sold it because it was doing them no good at all. They made good products but they never could crack the market

@crashnburn281 said:

Sony is in trouble, but it isnt quite at bankruptsy. They can still possibly pull out a turnaround. Worse comes to worse, another company buys the Playstation brand.

They could fix everything with one simple move. Hire upper management from their technical employees like they used.

All of sonys biggest innovations from the Walkman to the ps2 were all created by upper management that were promoted from like their tech gurus, R&D people and so on. That's what kept them on top was hiring from within and putting people in positions of power that actually understood how things worked. They started getting shakey once they started putting money men in upper management because they knew nothing of making things all they knew was money.

Just like Microsoft has gone to shit ever since gates stopped being so involved, and apple used to be innovative till jobs die and so on. When companies start being run by guys who only know and care about money their products suffer.

CrashNBurn281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#166 CrashNBurn281
Member since 2014 • 1574 Posts

@Gargus said:

Its for the best because PC's as a whole are a sinking ship. They still have their place but anymore only way you make money is by selling shit ass computers for dirt cheap at k-mart or walmart in bulk to make a little cash, or you sell super high end PCs at insane prices to a smaller select group. The days of a good variety of well built mid range PC's is mostly gone aside from like dell. Tablets are taking over and laptops still make a dent in the market.

Sony probably sold it because it was doing them no good at all. They made good products but they never could crack the market

@crashnburn281 said:

Sony is in trouble, but it isnt quite at bankruptsy. They can still possibly pull out a turnaround. Worse comes to worse, another company buys the Playstation brand.

They could fix everything with one simple move. Hire upper management from their technical employees like they used.

All of sonys biggest innovations from the Walkman to the ps2 were all created by upper management that were promoted from like their tech gurus, R&D people and so on. That's what kept them on top was hiring from within and putting people in positions of power that actually understood how things worked. They started getting shakey once they started putting money men in upper management because they knew nothing of making things all they knew was money.

Just like Microsoft has gone to shit ever since gates stopped being so involved, and apple used to be innovative till jobs die and so on. When companies start being run by guys who only know and care about money their products suffer.

Makes sense, probably why the new Microsoft CEO has asked Gates to get a lot more involved.

Lets hope Sony pulls things together. They have a great gaming division.

happyduds77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 happyduds77
Member since 2012 • 1688 Posts

That's what you get for overpricing products.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#168  Edited By sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

I think Sony products are some of the best, including the Vaio, I have some Sony tech and while it is more expensive than others it is still really really good. That is where they are hurting though, they cost more for the same outcome, though I buy Sony because I like the brand, for me it is quality.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#169 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

they're getting rid of TVs too, saw it coming but not this soon

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts

@Dire_Weasel said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Me and a few other lemming brethren warned of this. Cows are going to be in denial right up until the plug is pulled.

And when Sony doesn't go bankrupt, and when the Playstation 4 brand is completely unaffected, I'm sure you'll be here to remind us of your predictions as well, right?

Lems (later): "Okay, okay. So the date of Sony's super-inevitable demise didn't happen as soon as we expected. But just you wait! It's gonna happen! Cherish those PS4 games while you can!" **makes 752nd update to scheduled date of Sony's downfall**

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#171  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

they're getting rid of TVs too, saw it coming but not this soon

"Regarding changes to Sony's TV division, the most dramatic news is that Sony will spin off its TV business and operate it as a wholly owned subsidiary. This transition, aiming to help Sony "further enhance its TV business' profit," is expected to be complete by July 2014.

The newly formed TV unit will "shift its product mix" to focus on sales from high-end TV models in the upcoming year. This includes strengthening Sony's 4K lineup, while also bolstering the company's 2K models. For emerging markets, Sony said it will develop and launch models "tailored to specific local needs," though no other details on this initiative were provided."

I know you guys hate freely, but at least read the information presented to you.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts

@nervmeister said:

@Dire_Weasel said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Lems (later): "Okay, okay. So the date of Sony's super-inevitable demise didn't happen as soon as we expected. But just you wait! It's gonna happen! Cherish those PS4 games while you can!" **makes 752nd update to scheduled date of Sony's downfall**

hey, you sound like a cow talking about when the ps3 is going to pass the 360 in sales. see :-p

Cows (later): "Okay, okay. So the date of Sony passing the XB360 in sales didn't happen as soon as we expected. But just you wait! It's gonna happen! Cherish those XB360s while you can!" **makes 752nd update to scheduled date to Sony's triumphant victory

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#173 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

Sony doomed confirmed. Oh wait nothing lost here they suck at making pc's and laptops.

Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 Newhopes
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

Must have run out of building to sell.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 BluRayHiDef
Member since 2009 • 10839 Posts

This is what happens when a company is involved in too many markets. They need to focus on less than a handful of markets.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

@BluRayHiDef said:

This is what happens when a company is involved in too many markets. They need to focus on less than a handful of markets.

Yeah Sony has spread themselves too thin. They have the video game and movie sides making money but the rest in the red. I also think they make great home theater stuff (projectors,hdtv's,receivers) and the z1s is the best phone I have ever used.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46278 Posts

@blackace said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@blackace said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@blackace said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

The bulk of the money would go to the company who makes the Blu-Ray drive. There are a LOT more companies associated with Blu-ray Disc Association, so if anything the company who sold the device probably puts a % of the sales into BDA. Microsoft isn't paying Sony.

If MS has blu-ray tech in their device, than they have to pay royalties to the Blu-Ray Disc Association which Sony is part of. So Sony gets a piece of every Xbone, even if it's a very small percentage, they still get SOMETHING.

That is what I'm trying to get at. That eventhough people on here keep siding with on company, that these companies actually work together in real life. So please, if you have any further arguments as to why Sony wouldn't get a piece, than continue this discussion. Otherwise, it's closed as far as I'm concerned and I will still consider it a funny fact.

That is all.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46278 Posts

@nyzma23 said:

and sony have to pay to microsoft for windows license and android patent :D

Yeah I know :p

I think that's rather funny. That people on here like to side with a company in this 'battle' of systems. Yet, in real life Sony pays MS and MS pays Sony for certain products :D

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@Dire_Weasel said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Bookmarked. Sure, but my story tells of different doom.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@nervmeister said:

@Dire_Weasel said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

This is huge so I wouldn't downplay this. The already have the TV division marked for death. Sony needs capital to stay a float and these sales of divisions will help that.

Microsoft is lighting cigars with $100 bills yaw.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@Riverwolf007 said:

just out of curiosity who the hell would buy the vaio name?

and why?

i have literally never seen one in use outside a sony pictures movie.

you know who uses vaio?

spiderman, alice from resident evil and the men in black.

that's their entire user base.

i mean sure you get points for star power but how is your company going to make profit from that? maybe because those vaios are always getting destroyed by supervillians, zombies and aliens?

is that really a sustainable business plan?

I have Sony Vaio VGN-FW45 laptop and I replace it with Samsung ATIV Book 8 (15 inch touch screen slim laptop with Radeon HD 8870M). At the time of purchase, Sony wasn't competitive enough.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

There overall debt is higher than the current value of there company so they need to start selling assets really quickly.

Scipio8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By Scipio8
Member since 2013 • 937 Posts

@Murderstyle75: Microsoft broke even on the 360 in 2008 and has been all profit till now.

http://www.techpowerup.com/50729/microsofts-xbox-division-profitable-for-the-first-time-posts-524m-profit.html

Microsoft's Entertainment and Devices division, the portion of the company responsible for the Xbox line of video game consoles, has brought in profits of over $500 million for the first time. Financial documents from Microsoft reveal that, during the first six months of the company's 2008 fiscal year, the entertainment division brought in $4.98 billion in revenue, marking an operating profit of $524 million. During the same time period in the 2007 fiscal year, the division amassed $3.98 billion in revenue but reported a loss of $423 million. Overall the company shipped 4.3 million Xbox 360 units in the quarter, adding up to 17.7 million since shipped launch, with a total of 9.15 million sold in North America. As previously reported, Microsoft reported the whole of its $1.06 billion loss due to the Xbox 360 warranty extension in its 2007 fiscal year.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

@jhonMalcovich:

Cant blame them, PC sucks for them so better get rid of it:P

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

@Scipio8 said:

@Murderstyle75: Microsoft broke even on the 360 in 2008 and has been all profit till now.

http://www.techpowerup.com/50729/microsofts-xbox-division-profitable-for-the-first-time-posts-524m-profit.html

Microsoft's Entertainment and Devices division, the portion of the company responsible for the Xbox line of video game consoles, has brought in profits of over $500 million for the first time. Financial documents from Microsoft reveal that, during the first six months of the company's 2008 fiscal year, the entertainment division brought in $4.98 billion in revenue, marking an operating profit of $524 million. During the same time period in the 2007 fiscal year, the division amassed $3.98 billion in revenue but reported a loss of $423 million. Overall the company shipped 4.3 million Xbox 360 units in the quarter, adding up to 17.7 million since shipped launch, with a total of 9.15 million sold in North America. As previously reported, Microsoft reported the whole of its $1.06 billion loss due to the Xbox 360 warranty extension in its 2007 fiscal year.

not quite.

http://www.neowin.net/news/report-microsofts-xbox-division-has-lost-nearly-3-billion-in-10-years

No Caption Provided

http://www.businessinsider.com/microsoft-earns-2-billion-per-year-from-android-patent-royalties-2013-11#ixzz2sgikPYA2

"if you back out the Android profits, Microsoft is probably losing $2.5 billion on Skype, Xbox, and Windows Phone. Of that, $2 billion in losses are attributable to the Xbox platform."

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

sony would be smart to seel the PS hardware and just make games. If they made games for xbox, nintendo, and PC they would make much more money then they are making now as the PS hardware and PSN just cost them money. Hopefully they pull out of the rutt, but if the PS4 can't hit 150 million sales, I don't see them making a PS5

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50556 Posts

@darkangel115 said:

sony would be smart to seel the PS hardware and just make games. If they made games for xbox, nintendo, and PC they would make much more money then they are making now as the PS hardware and PSN just cost them money. Hopefully they pull out of the rutt, but if the PS4 can't hit 150 million sales, I don't see them making a PS5

I lol'd

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts

There PC division had never been profitable other than making right next to even maybe 4 times or something. They usually used other Consumer Electronic media to off-set the losses and combined them together. They should have moved out of Computers long ago. They should move out of Tablets as well. I remember then having issues in the computing field and then announcing a new Tablet line around 2 years ago or so. They never prepared either, they just though it would sell. I am not sure what they were thinking with that one.

Oddly I can't say the same for MS. I was, but their tablet according to their recent report doubled and they were only $39 million away from profit. Windows Phone is also doing better. With that being said, they are still selling the older lines and they need to be dropped because no one is buying them anymore. They also need to drop the conferencing devices.

Nintendo also needs to drop out of tablets. They lost insane amounts off it, and it had not made them any money. The fact you need to buy it with additional hardware to work makes things worse.

psx_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 psx_warrior

@walloftruth said:

@psx_warrior said:

@Sushiglutton said:

PC-gaming is dying confirmed

Steam and Kickstarter says hey.

Steam and Kickstarter can't give you GTA V, MGSV, better console ports etc, what PC needs is better developers or else it might actually decline one day.

None of the consoles can give me Sol: Exodus, Baldur's Gate, Star Citizen, The Banner Saga, and on and on and on I go. Also can you mod Skyrim with any manner of spells, weapons, characters, or stories? Didn't think so. I can on my PC, and Steam coincidently makes it easy to add mods to the game. As far as not having those other games go on the PC, the number of exclusives on the PC far outweigh what I'm missing on consoles. Plus, the controls in PC games are far better than the controls on consoles. Case and point, Crysis on ps3 and 360 vs. pc. Played both console versions, and I can't tell you how frustrating it was trying to aim in an intense fire fight at point blank range. My aim was going all over the place with the analog aiming. In the PC version, I had no trouble aiming with the mouse. I felt I had more control because I was using my wrist instead of my thumb to aim. It didn't feel like driving a car rather than aiming a gun. Clearly PC gaming is superior to console gaming. It will never decline.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 Murderstyle75
Member since 2011 • 4412 Posts

@psx_warrior:

Mouse = Easy mode.

psx_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 psx_warrior

@Murderstyle75 said:

@psx_warrior:

Mouse = Easy mode.

mouse=greater control

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#192  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@psx_warrior said:

@walloftruth said:

Steam and Kickstarter can't give you GTA V, MGSV, better console ports etc, what PC needs is better developers or else it might actually decline one day.

None of the consoles can give me Sol: Exodus, Baldur's Gate, Star Citizen, The Banner Saga, and on and on and on I go. Also can you mod Skyrim with any manner of spells, weapons, characters, or stories? Didn't think so. I can on my PC, and Steam coincidently makes it easy to add mods to the game. As far as not having those other games go on the PC, the number of exclusives on the PC far outweigh what I'm missing on consoles. Plus, the controls in PC games are far better than the controls on consoles. Case and point, Crysis on ps3 and 360 vs. pc. Played both console versions, and I can't tell you how frustrating it was trying to aim in an intense fire fight at point blank range. My aim was going all over the place with the analog aiming. In the PC version, I had no trouble aiming with the mouse. I felt I had more control because I was using my wrist instead of my thumb to aim. It didn't feel like driving a car rather than aiming a gun. Clearly PC gaming is superior to console gaming. It will never decline.

meh, console gamers don't care about those games anyway. The port begging is usually from herms though, that should tell you something... Who in their right mind would trade GTAV to play thisor buy a $600 GPU to play this:

PC gaming really isn't that great except for how easy it is to pirate games. Which is why pirates love PC gaming and the reason PC lacks so many games that are only on consoles.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#193 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

Good they needed to get rid of that anchor of a branch. It was terrible anyways.

Jak-25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 Jak-25
Member since 2007 • 2475 Posts

That's a shame. I have a Sony Vaio and it is a good laptop. It's much better than my old HP laptop.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5882 Posts

Microsoft's profits include the losses from the Xbox division. If they where going to pull the plug they would do it before releasing the Xbox One.

The difference is huge, Microsoft are making money. Sony are losing it hand over fist.

Put it this way if you had £1000 to invest would you invest it in Sony. Not a chance, no matter how good the PS4 will sell they wont see any money from it for 3-4 years at least.

Can they hold out that long, only time will tell.

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#198  Edited By GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts

I have a Vaio, and I gotta say, Samsung really has them beat in every aspect when it comes to non-gaming ultra-portables and 14-inches.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@Gue1 said:

@psx_warrior said:

@walloftruth said:

meh, console gamers don't care about those games anyway. The port begging is usually from herms though, that should tell you something... Who in their right mind would trade GTAV to play thisor buy a $600 GPU to play this:

C gaming really isn't that great except for how easy it is to pirate games. Which is why pirates love PC gaming and the reason PC lacks so many games that are only on consoles.

This is aimed at both you and @walloftruth :

Worthless opinions are worthless. Stop trying to pass them off as quantifiable facts or data to be used in a debate. Not one person here gives a horses ass what you think people "care about". The only way you can possibly have a chance in an intelligent fact based debate is if you combine all 3 consoles against PC.

http://systemwarsmagazine.com/gamespot-reviews-spreadsheet/

PS4 and XBONE are struggling to run multiplats as well as PC, and falling flat on their faces. The confirmed 729p and fps dipping in Titanfall has been nothing short of disastrous. TR:DE on PS4 couldn't even beat the old PC version according to DF. Thief 4 is going to be sub-par on the new "HD twins". WatchDogs and DS2 will likely follow suit, if logic is anything to go by. The list goes on and on.

Hell, both are struggling to release AA scoring games, much-less AAA ones. So stop your bullshit bait/trolling.

Being able to quote one game (GTAV) isn't going to save your ass from losing another gen against PC.