jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

Sony has been crowned the winner of E3 consecutively for the past couple years now. It’s no surprise, considering the fact that the PS4 has been dominating since it released back in 2013. It looks like the company is coming to bring the house down once again at this year’s show.

A floor plan posted to NeoGAF shows that Sony’s booths account for a whopping 43500+ square feet. For comparisons sake, Nintendo follows behind with 32400+ sq ft and Microsoft takes the smallest portion with only 17412 sq ft. Microsoft has actually decreased its presence at this year’s E3, which is rather strange considering the fact that it will be showing off the upcoming Project Scorpio at the event.

Sony has been pretty quiet as to exactly what its E3 2017 plans are. We know that it will be having a theatre experience for the show like last year, but in terms of content, we’ll just have to wait and see when the actual conference takes place. Whatever they have planned, it definitely seems to be pretty huge considering it dwarfs both Nintendo and Microsoft’s size on the show floor.

Go ahead and take a look at the floorplans over at NeoGAF if you want to see for yourself.

http://nintendoenthusiast.com/news/sony-has-biggest-show-floor-space-at-e3-2017/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No surprise at Sony having the biggest show floor with about 15 upcoming exclusives as well as a few new surprises I'm sure. However, this is troublesome for Microsoft- considering it's basically a given that they will reveal more about Scorpio how could they possibly have the smallest show floor? I would imagine they would be announcing a handful of exclusive (Microsoft exclusive, at least) and multiplatform titles for the new system, as well as some new games for the Xbox One.

Let's see more from Nintendo about Super Mario Odyssey, Splatoon 2, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Fire Emblem Switch and maybe some new Metroid, Donkey Kong Country, Super Smash Bros and new IPs that don't suck.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

That's what happens when you're 4th in the NPD.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

Yeah having the biggest booth means nothing. MS has had the bigger booth in the past.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Sony is the most entertaining to watch but PC ftw

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#6 oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

Weeaboos are delusional when they think a Shenmue kickstarter and A FF remake won E3.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

lmao man, you people are getting pathetic. arguing over marketing deals and e3 floor space. this board deserves better shit posters.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#9 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

@oflow said:

Weeaboos are delusional when they think a Shenmue kickstarter and A FF remake won E3.

it kinda did lol

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@aigis said:
@oflow said:

it kinda did lol

it kinda didn't. they were announced 2 years ago and we've seen absolutely nothing from either. FF7 sounds like its already in development hell because japan is terrible at managing projects

Avatar image for deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
Member since 2014 • 6005 Posts

On the surface this thread looks ridiculous.

Well, under the surface it's probably a little ridiculous too. But this does not change the fact that Sony has more floor space than everyone this E3 because--you guessed it--they likely have more to show than everyone else. Much more.

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Primorandomguy
Member since 2014 • 3368 Posts

How many times does this old news need to be posted? E3 has no clear cut winners. It's all opinion based. Floor space doesn't mean a damn thing. This board, and the cows, are a joke.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

Déjà vu with this thread.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#14  Edited By aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

@mems_1224 said:
@aigis said:
@oflow said:

it kinda did lol

it kinda didn't. they were announced 2 years ago and we've seen absolutely nothing from either. FF7 sounds like its already in development hell because japan is terrible at managing projects

I didnt say what happened after the fact had any bearing on the event at the time

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

lol even me a huge nintendo fanboy wouldn't use this as ownage..... but hey i know some nintendo fans that would so...i guess jcarme aint too bad.

GordonFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GordonFreeman
Member since 2017 • 588 Posts

Doesn't mean anything, it doesn't even mean that they have more to show off or that Microsoft has less, it just equates to more space and likely showcasing redundancies such as gameplay displays and PSVR kiosks everywhere.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50556 Posts

Sony wins the floor space war!

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#18 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

You seem to forget the magic that particular E3 brought to these forums.

That E3 show was pretty incredible because it opened up with a game EVERYONE thought was vaporware. (The Last Guardian)

Plus, people had been asking for Final Fantasy VII remake and Shenmue 3 for YEARS and to get an announcement that these games are potentially coming would have made ANYONE'S day.

At the very least acknowledge that Sony's Press Conference generated WAY more buzz then what Nintendo and Microsoft showed off. (AND NINTENDO SHOWED OFF MARIO MAKER)

Syn_Valence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Syn_Valence
Member since 2004 • 2139 Posts

Microsoft has no games so it makes sense.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

@KBFloYd: there's nothing to "own" this post isn't about one particular company but all three console manufacturers

mave198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mave198
Member since 2004 • 7332 Posts

Well for MS you only need so much space to show more Halo, Forza and Gears along with a few titles no one cares about like Sea of Thieves.

TLHBO

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#22 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69448 Posts

I understand with Scorpio on the horizon one must search for a glimmer of hope to combat the incoming sting.

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 sHaDyCuBe321
Member since 2003 • 5769 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart: it generated more buzz but has produced fewer games.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@oflow said:

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9727 Posts

Sony will have more than 15 hours of live content across PS4 and PSVR games. They have a lot to show and talk about.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2017/05/19/playstation-e3-2017-live-show-plans-revealed-e3-experience-will-return-theaters/

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/05/19/playstation-live-from-e3-2017-how-to-watch/

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 PutASpongeOn
Member since 2014 • 4897 Posts

@oflow said:

Wasn't god of war and horizon zero dawn among others there as well?

Anyway compared to what? Scalebound? How did that work out?

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

It's gonna be another Sony blowout this year. Can you hear it? The sound of a thousand lems crying out in anguish as they realize the Flopio dream is a kite dancing in the hurricane that is the PS4. No one is gonna remember the Flopio after Sony buries it this E3 ?.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28  Edited By GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9727 Posts

@putaspongeon said:
@oflow said:

I think they did reveal Horizon Zero Dawn at E3 2015 too. GOW was shown at last year's one.

@quadknight said:
@oflow said:

Lol

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

@mems_1224: While I can't say much for FF7 Remake as I'm not sure what they've been doing the last two years when they recently said it's 3 years out. Who knows.

As for Shenmue 3, as a backer, I've been privy to 67 Kickstarter updates. I also know Yu Suzuki's history of being a perfectionist and not showing parts of games that aren't yet up to his standards. I fully expect a delay into 2018 from the expected Dec 2017 release date. However, I also expect Sega to announce a Shenmue HD Collection at this E3. They would have to be full on retard (a possibility given their past mistakes) to not cash in on the Kickstarter success of the long awaited third game. That will keep both long time fans and new comers alike pretty busy while we wait for the third.

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By PutASpongeOn

@GameboyTroy said:
@putaspongeon said:
@oflow said:

I think they did reveal Horizon Zero Dawn at E3 2015 too. GOW was shown last year's one.

@quadknight said:
@oflow said:

Lol

Eh, well there were certainly other ones. World of Final Fantasy was there I know and that game is vastly underappreciated, it was a great game. Along with a few others.

Either way there are apparently games like Phantom Wail (Aztec fromsoft ps4 exclusive) and multiple other unknown games based on credible insiders who have been right in the past, not even including the stuff we know about and the unrevealed sucker punch game. Also apparently Deep Down (based on the guy who was right before about multiple things) is going to get a re-reveal at gamescom or something like that (not e3)

All I know is that ps4 has tons of exclusives that interest me coming up. Yakuza Kiwami, MatterFall, Yakuza 6, WiLd, Spider-Man, God of War, etc etc.

Based on insider information, there seems to be a lot of new stuff to show and that falls in line with shuhei yoshida's comment a few months back about how they still had a lot to reveal still.

But regarding 2 years ago, there was a lot more than those 2, those 2 just happened to get the main attention since they are half life 3 for a lot of people out there, the rest of the conference was solid as well.

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 PutASpongeOn

@Telekill said:

@mems_1224: While I can't say much for FF7 Remake as I'm not sure what they've been doing the last two years when they recently said it's 3 years out. Who knows.

As for Shenmue 3, as a backer, I've been privy to 67 Kickstarter updates. I also know Yu Suzuki's history of being a perfectionist and not showing parts of games that aren't yet up to his standards. I fully expect a delay into 2018 from the expected Dec 2017 release date. However, I also expect Sega to announce a Shenmue HD Collection at this E3. They would have to be full on retard (a possibility given their past mistakes) to not cash in on the Kickstarter success of the long awaited third game. That will keep both long time fans and new comers alike pretty busy while we wait for the third.

Maybe that's the goal for the last chapter to be revealed, also they said "within the next 3 years", not 3 years out.

Or maybe they heard the people say they don't want a fractured up game so they are revealing it in one big release instead.

Anyway Sega has been on point lately. They got Atlus, they are publishing a game from ex Lionhead and Bullfrog peopel as that recent thread said, tons of good choices with Total War and stuff, Yakuza is ALWAYS great and now we are pretty much caught up come early next year except the samurai games and the psp games that no one really cares about based on different characters, etc etc.

Sega and Square Enix (as publishers and when they eventually release games themselves) are absolutely killing it this gen.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

No one needs to take shit from the fanbase still waiting for Cuphead.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#33 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69448 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

No one needs to take shit from the fanbase still waiting for Cuphead.

That game is riding on style more than gameplay.

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 PinkAnimal
Member since 2017 • 2380 Posts

Makes sense, Sony and Nintendo actually have exclusive games, Microsoft only has multiplatform games so they can let other companies show them. Microsoft is definitely the least interesting company this E3 and had been for the past 2 or 3.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

Lmao wow... cows claiming more E3 floor space as a 'win'. Talk about desparate.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17425 Posts

It should be known that Microsoft has a smaller floor space at E3 because they have reserved and giving a presentation at the Galen Center nearby

SUNDAY, JUNE 11

MICROSOFT: XBOX E3 2017 BRIEFING

When: 2 p.m. PDT / 5 p.m. EDT / 10 p.m. BST (When is that?)

How long: unannounced, but typically around 90 minutes

Where: Galen Center

What: Scorpio, Microsoft’s upgraded Xbox One, will surely be a major focus at the company’s E3 press briefing. Crackdown 3 and Forza Motorsport 7 are likely to be the high-profile showcases for the power of the console.

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

@mems_1224 said:
@aigis said:
@oflow said:

it kinda did lol

It did though. You seam very jealous but Sony has won the last couple of E3's

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#38 mowgly1
Member since 2017 • 2994 Posts

@Syn_Valence said:

Microsoft has no games so it makes sense.

True, true. Especially when you see that Sony i working on new IP.

Ovosonico, a new, independent studio founded by industry veteran Massimo Guarini today announced a partnership with Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios Europe (SCE WWSE). SCE WWSE will be working together with Ovosonico on new intellectual property.

http://www.ovosonico.com/ovosonico-signs-with-sony/

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Desmonic  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 19990 Posts

@navyguy21 said:

It should be known that Microsoft has a smaller floor space at E3 because they have reserved and giving a presentation at the Galen Center nearby

SUNDAY, JUNE 11

MICROSOFT: XBOX E3 2017 BRIEFING

When: 2 p.m. PDT / 5 p.m. EDT / 10 p.m. BST (When is that?)

How long: unannounced, but typically around 90 minutes

Where: Galen Center

What: Scorpio, Microsoft’s upgraded Xbox One, will surely be a major focus at the company’s E3 press briefing. Crackdown 3 and Forza Motorsport 7 are likely to be the high-profile showcases for the power of the console.

Ah, that makes sense. It would be weird for any of the 3, with a brand new console to show, to have a small/smaller than usual space at E3 if there weren't some other event of their own before/after the show.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46273 Posts

That's because Sony has so many games to show that won't come out for decades.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#41  Edited By mowgly1
Member since 2017 • 2994 Posts

Posts from Xbone fans are both pathetic and hilarious. What a loser cheap talk. Oh yes, THEY ARE!

L

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#42  Edited By Litchie  Online
Member since 2003 • 34601 Posts

Last time I heard about Nintendo E3, they wouldn't even be at E3. Now they have the second biggest floor on E3?

Whatever, who cares. Show me some new games!

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@Litchie said:

Last time I heard about Nintendo E3, they wouldn't even be at E3. Now they have the second biggest floor on E3?

Whatever, who cares. Show me some new games!

yea it is wierd....so xbox is putting most of their stuff in the gale arena?

p3anut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By p3anut
Member since 2005 • 6609 Posts

Nintendo won E3 with Zelda alone. The attendees of E3 prove it and Zelda delivered.

Loading Video...

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

Sony still had a great E3 2015 without the 3rd party games and the 3rd party frontdoor and backdoor deals with Sony.

• Uncharted 4
  • Horizon Zero Dawn
  • Ratchet & Clank
  • The Last Guardian
  • Until Dawn
  • Tearaway Unfolded
  • God of War III Remastered
  • RIGS Mechanized Combat League
  • Dreams - (not out yet)

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

@aroxx_ab said:

Sony is the most entertaining to watch but PC ftw

Right, Sony is so entertaining I haven't even bothered to watch there show the last few years and haven't missed anything!

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@hrt_rulz01:

Having a smaller one doesnt mean a win either,but it does shows that what MS will be showing on E3 will be rather small compare to what sony will show.

I think this year MS conference will be about superior multiplatforms and very few new exclusives games for the xbox brand if any.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44058 Posts

Welcome to Floor Space Wars. :P

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@Pedro:

lol scorpio is as gameless as the xbox one,and if by any chance you are talking about power,remember that you dont care and that for you 720p and 1080p are the same so 4k and 1800p should be the same on pro and scorpio.. You seat to far from the tv to notice right?

Hahahahaha

poptart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 poptart
Member since 2003 • 7298 Posts

It's not how big it is, it's what you do with it