SONY has been console king for almost 25 years! That's AMAZING!!!

• 118 results
#101 Edited by mojito1988 (3381 posts) -

Since the Wii outsold Sony, so TC using the word uncontested is....interesting at best.

#102 Posted by darkRecon6Opt (115 posts) -

New virgin achievement unlocked

#103 Posted by Litchie (23092 posts) -

They have sold the most, you mean? Yeah, that's true I guess. They haven't sold the most every gen though. So you're wrong.

#104 Edited by SithPS (3 posts) -

How was the 360 King when by their own admission XBOX had to cut a billion dollar check to address the RROD that hit 40 something % of consoles. That doesn't even make sense. Especially when the RROD of last gen coupled with the always online of this gen led to a mass exodus of XBOX guys like myself, into the arms of the competition?

Also XBOX has never turned a profit for Microsoft, ever.

Note: revenue is vastly different from profit ie revenue includes the cost of developing a game, paychecks, marketing etc.

#105 Posted by Sevenizz (2834 posts) -

@mojito1988: Was the Wii really a stong enough console in terms of third party relevant support to be a main console though? For the most popular of third party support you can own a 360 and ignore the ps3, but to own a Wii only you would miss many popular third party titles.

I don’t think of the Wii as a main console for most gamers of that generation. It’s control scheme, power, storage, support, and online representation were not up to the standards the 360 and ps3. For that reason the Wii numbers are irrelevant. I feel the same about the Switch today. Same exact situation ironically.

#106 Posted by MonsieurX (38636 posts) -

@sithps said:

How was the 360 King when by their own admission XBOX had to cut a billion dollar check to address the RROD that hit 40 something % of consoles. That doesn't even make sense. Especially when the RROD of last gen coupled with the always online of this gen led to a mass exodus of XBOX guys like myself, into the arms of the competition?

Also XBOX has never turned a profit for Microsoft, ever.

Note: revenue is vastly different from profit ie revenue includes the cost of developing a game, paychecks, marketing etc.

Source?

#107 Posted by StormyJoe (7718 posts) -

@henrythefifth: XBox 360 dethroned Sony last gen. /thread.

#108 Posted by DaVillain- (34376 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

Wii dethroned both Xbox 360 & PS3 last-gen.

Thread!

#109 Posted by StormyJoe (7718 posts) -

@davillain- said:
@StormyJoe said:

Wii dethroned both Xbox 360 & PS3 last-gen.

Thread!

Good point.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
#110 Posted by drummerdave9099 (3996 posts) -

So are we going to pretend the Wii didn't happen?

#111 Posted by kingtito (10078 posts) -

@ten_pints said:

Sony was the king of the generation that was PS3, maybe not at the beginning but MS lost interest half way through and let it slip.

Especially when you consider most Xbox360's broke and needed replacing at the consumers own expense.

I'm guessing you didn't hear about the warranty or extended 3 year warranty MS had? Didn't have to pay for a single 360 replacement BUT I did have to buy more than 1 PS2 AND pay to have my PS3 repaired. I guess you just overlooked those issues right?

If you're going to make a statement, make sure it's not a boldfaced lie.

#112 Posted by Speeny (1100 posts) -

Yeah I've always been a Sony guy myself. I do really enjoy the dashboard on the Xbox 360/One though. Less updates too. I guess that's the only drawback for the PS4 in my opinion...TOO MANY UPDATES.

#113 Posted by pmanden (394 posts) -

@dzimm: Sony has been king for 25 years! ... Give or take seven or eight years... :)

#114 Posted by pmanden (394 posts) -

@son-goku7523: There is indeed something magical about Nintendo. If the N64 had been CD-based, it might had beaten the PS1. Nintendo had a lot of good-will back then and Sony was the new player on the console market.

#115 Posted by Star67 (4339 posts) -

I'm a big Playstation Fan but the ps3 was pretty bad.

Yeah it had good games, but I don't think it was the best console last gen, I think it was the best console at the end of the gen, but not over all

#116 Posted by mtron32 (3875 posts) -
@henrythefifth said:

When PS1 launched, almost 25 years ago, SONY blew the competition away. Literally.

and ever since, SONY and Playstation have been the console kings. Uncontested kings.

Just think about it. 25 years or uncontested reign! Thats like a lifetime!

Heck, younger people here do not even know of time when SONY was not the king! For them, SONY has always ruled supreme.

I remember buying PS1 at launch, all those years ago. I was the first in my circle of friends to get the console, and it blew us away, even tho we all had been gaming for a decade and more already.

All hail the console king SONY! Playstation 4 life!

So what do you get out of Sony selling all those consoles? Do they cut you a check? Do you get input on future console features? Do they fly you out to Japan to sit in on meetings? No? Then enjoy whatever outdated hardware you decided to purchase and keep it moving.

#117 Posted by mtron32 (3875 posts) -
@ezekiel43 said:

I prefer my Switch and PC. Mario Odyssey > Dad of War. At least Nintendo remembers what fun is.

This, and I've owned every console since the Coleco Vision. Switch is my fav of this gen

#118 Posted by TheEroica (18229 posts) -

Weak trolling... The wii served the ps3 its own ass on a platter... pound for pound, the 360 did as well.