SONY has been console king for almost 25 years! That's AMAZING!!!

• 118 results
#51 Edited by Son-Goku7523 (113 posts) -
@i_p_daily said:
@son-goku7523 said:
@npiet1 said:
@vfighter said:

@npiet1: No it didnt, ps3 outsold it near the end of last gen.

@pdogg93 said:

@npiet1: 360 did not outsell PS3. Even with ms’s fake inflated numbers from the rrod replacements. 360 was a garbage made console

Almost but no dice, even if it did. It still makes op's point mute.

Those figures are wrong lol.

Where did you get them from? Your ass?

He got them from your other alt quacknight :)

Who is this quacnight you keep invoking with quotes in every thread and where did he touch you? This is the third thread you are mentioning him or her now. You're obsessed and you need help, you sound traumatized by this individual lol.

#52 Edited by cainetao11 (36215 posts) -

@npiet1 said:
@vfighter said:

@pdogg93 said:

@npiet1: 360 did not outsell PS3. Even with ms’s fake inflated numbers from the rrod replacements. 360 was a garbage made console

After the current gen started the PS3 passed it. But all of this doesn't matter because the Wii shit on both last gen so no Sony wasn't king for 25 years. They lost last gen, Deal with it.

#53 Edited by AJStyles (442 posts) -

Sony has won 4 gens in a row because Nintendo claims they are not in the same market as Sony/Microsoft.

The PS3 sold more than xbox360. Fact.

Lems need to be educated. PS3 surpassed the xbox360 in worldwide sales in Jan 2013. That is a fact. Google it.

https://m.ca.ign.com/articles/2013/01/10/report-ps3-surpasses-xbox-360s-worldwide-shipped-total

https://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/01/10/figures-show-ps3-has-finally-outsold-the-360/

VGchartz has PS3 at almost 87 Million Vs 86 Million 360’s. And these are NOT estimates. These numbers are recorded facts. They have the numbers on the website and links.

It’s over Lems. You need to accept that PlayStation will always beat Xbox in sales. #DealWithIt

#54 Edited by kuu2 (11012 posts) -

@vfighter said:

No...….When the WiiU launched Sony was behind MSoft and...……..The Wii.

#55 Posted by I_P_Daily (10397 posts) -

@son-goku7523 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@son-goku7523 said:
@npiet1 said:
@vfighter said:

@pdogg93 said:

Who is this quacnight you keep invoking with quotes in every thread and where did he touch you? This is the third thread you are mentioning him or her now. You're obsessed and you need help, you sound traumatized by this individual lol.

That's what you said when I outed your last alt, shit quack try and be original I mean its no wonder you get caught all the time lol.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
#56 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (3850 posts) -
@mandzilla said:

Pretty sure Nintendo still has a current gen home console you can buy. It's Sony that bowed out of the handheld market because they got spanked twice.

I am not calling that thing a proper home console. It speaks volumes when it has sold that many units and third parties still don't really want to deal with it.

#57 Edited by warmblur (1499 posts) -

I remember how blown away I was back in 1995 playing the Wipeout demo that came with the PSX then getting the game for Xmas the year boy does time fly.

#58 Edited by Son-Goku7523 (113 posts) -
@i_p_daily said:
@son-goku7523 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@son-goku7523 said:

That's what you said when I outed your last alt, shit quack try and be original I mean its no wonder you get caught all the time lol.

If you keep saying quack I'm going to have to start referring to you as a duck lol. Again answer my question, what did this person do to hurt you so much? You seem triggered and obsessed with him like a dumped ex-girlfriend lol. Pull yourself together man.

#59 Edited by robert_sparkes (2316 posts) -

I miss the battle between ms and Sony like last generation. Both pushing each other to the limits I'm hoping ms can get back to being more competitive next gen. when Sony get in front they don't get caught.

#60 Edited by Mandzilla (3272 posts) -

@BenjaminBanklin: Suit yourself, doesn't change the fact that it serves as a home console as well as a handheld.

Also that's a bit of an exaggeration, there are plenty of third party games coming out this year. Not all of them sure, but it's not like it's getting completely swerved.

#61 Posted by SaltSlasher (768 posts) -

You have to be crazy to think PS3 dominated over 360 AND Wii.

In fact, Sony is only one who hasn't dominated for +25 years.

Microsoft has been dominating for 25+ years on PC and entire world revolves around Microsoft.

And Nintendo been dominating on handheld, with Gameboy, Advance, DS, 3DS and now Switch, they've slaughtered every last handheld competitor since the 80's.

#62 Posted by dotWithShoes (5500 posts) -

@pdogg93 said:

When we speak of garbage made consoles, shall we bring up three letters? DRE?

#63 Posted by Son-Goku7523 (113 posts) -
@dotWithShoes said:
@pdogg93 said:

DRE was a fart in the wind next to RROD.

RROD was the worst failure any console has ever had. If it wasn't fo MS's piles of money it would have buried the console.

#64 Posted by pdogg93 (1317 posts) -

@dotWithShoes: LOL. You think DRE and rrod were even comparable??!? Fukin delusional lemmings man I tell ya

#65 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (19109 posts) -
@ajstyles said:

Sony has won 4 gens in a row because Nintendo claims they are not in the same market as Sony/Microsoft.

Lems need to be educated. PS3 surpassed the xbox360 in worldwide sales in Jan 2013. That is a fact. Google it.

https://m.ca.ign.com/articles/2013/01/10/report-ps3-surpasses-xbox-360s-worldwide-shipped-total

https://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/01/10/figures-show-ps3-has-finally-outsold-the-360/

VGchartz has PS3 at almost 87 Million Vs 86 Million 360’s. And these are NOT estimates. These numbers are recorded facts. They have the numbers on the website and links.

It’s over Lems. You need to accept that PlayStation will always beat Xbox in sales. #DealWithIt

What alternative reality do you live in? Wii beat the PS3

#66 Posted by cainetao11 (36215 posts) -

@ajstyles said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Last gen everyone said "Of course you're competing with the others Nintendo!!" But now they go with Ninty's spin when it serves them. HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA I LOVE SW!!!

#67 Edited by cainetao11 (36215 posts) -

@son-goku7523 said:
@dotWithShoes said:
@pdogg93 said:

DRE was a fart in the wind next to RROD.

RROD was the worst failure any console has ever had. If it wasn't fo MS's piles of money it would have buried the console.

@pdogg93 said:

@dotWithShoes: LOL. You think DRE and rrod were even comparable??!? Fukin delusional lemmings man I tell ya

Did a judge have to tell MSFT it was their fault?

#68 Posted by pyro1245 (4545 posts) -

PS1 was dope

The PS4 is by far the least interesting of the bunch.

Avatar image for the_master_race
#69 Posted by the_master_race (4522 posts) -

good for them but people don't want a King , they want quality and cheap prices

#70 Posted by robert_sparkes (2316 posts) -

I do think Sony need MS to push them next generation. It's impossible to see MS winning a generation worldwide as they are just not what the Asian market want. The Sony fan base has been built for around 20 years so it will be difficult to ever break into that.

#71 Edited by Techhog89 (3539 posts) -
@son-goku7523 said:
@npiet1 said:
@vfighter said:

@pdogg93 said:

I love how you aren't calling this title a fanboy title. Could it be that... you're a fanboy? :O

#72 Posted by Jag85 (12727 posts) -

@blazepanzer24: The Wii sold the most hardware and software in Gen 7.

#73 Posted by dzimm (5170 posts) -

"SONY has been console king for almost 25 years!"

Except for all the times it hasn't.

#74 Posted by foxhound_fox (97651 posts) -

The PS3 took 6 years to catch the Xbox 360 in sales. It was in a distant third place for the first two years of the generation.

#75 Edited by Son-Goku7523 (113 posts) -
@techhog89 said:
@son-goku7523 said:
@npiet1 said:
@vfighter said:

@pdogg93 said:

I love how you aren't calling this title a fanboy title. Could it be that... you're a fanboy? :O

This thread title isn't wrong. They've sold more home consoles in the past 25 years than Nintendo. Did they lose gen 7 to Nintendo? Yes they did but it doesn't make this thread title wrong. They have won 3 out of the last 4 gens. I think they can be called the home console King based on this fact alone. The thread title in your own thread wasn't just inaccurate, it was a flat out lie you sore fanboy.

#76 Posted by X_CAPCOM_X (8368 posts) -
@foxhound_fox said:

The PS3 took 6 years to catch the Xbox 360 in sales. It was in a distant third place for the first two years of the generation.

Yep. They weren't exactly taking last gen away. It took Sony some years to start being really competitive.

Also, while they can be considered 'king' of home consoles, and this is an achievement, the gaming market is much more than just home consoles now. Even Sony realizes this.

#77 Posted by npiet1 (1619 posts) -

@son-goku7523 said:
@techhog89 said:
@son-goku7523 said:
@npiet1 said:
@vfighter said:

@pdogg93 said:

This thread title isn't wrong. They've sold more home consoles in the past 25 years than Nintendo. Did they lose gen 7 to Nintendo? Yes they did but it doesn't make this thread title wrong. They have won 3 out of the last 4 gens. I think they can be called the home console King based on this fact alone. The thread title in your own thread isn't just inaccurate, it's a flat out lie you sore fanboy.

Nintendo still has sold more consoles in the past 25 years than Sony. If anything Nintendo is king or did you forget about handhelds.

#78 Posted by phbz (4072 posts) -

No doubt they dominate the home console space with exception of last gen.

#79 Edited by Son-Goku7523 (113 posts) -
@npiet1 said:
@son-goku7523 said:
@techhog89 said:
@son-goku7523 said:

This thread title isn't wrong. They've sold more home consoles in the past 25 years than Nintendo. Did they lose gen 7 to Nintendo? Yes they did but it doesn't make this thread title wrong. They have won 3 out of the last 4 gens. I think they can be called the home console King based on this fact alone. The thread title in your own thread isn't just inaccurate, it's a flat out lie you sore fanboy.

Nintendo still has sold more consoles in the past 25 years than Sony. If anything Nintendo is king or did you forget about handhelds.

What part of home console king don't you understand? Anyway I did the math and you're still wrong.

From 1994 to now Nintendo has sold 512.5 million consoles and handhelds while Sony has sold 532.49 million consoles and handhelds.

If we are looking at home consoles only in the past 25 years, which is what I think the TC meant, Sony has sold 435.49 million home consoles which is an average of 108.8 million consoles per gen. While Nintendo has sold 202.13 million home consoles.

No one is disputing Nintendo as the King of handhelds, they are undisputed Kings in that arena but when it comes to home consoles, Sony is the King. I think that's what the TC had in mind with this thread title.

#80 Posted by npiet1 (1619 posts) -

@son-goku7523 said:
@npiet1 said:
@son-goku7523 said:
@techhog89 said:
@son-goku7523 said:

What part of home console king don't you understand? Anyway I did the math and you're still wrong.

From 1994 to now Nintendo has sold 512.5 million consoles and handhelds while Sony has sold 532.49 million consoles and handhelds.

If we are looking at home consoles only in the past 25 years, which is what I think the TC meant, Sony has sold 435.49 million home consoles which is an average of 108.8 million consoles per gen. While Nintendo has sold 202.13 million home consoles.

No one is disputing Nintendo as the King of handhelds, they are undisputed Kings in that arena but when i comes to home consoles Sony is the King. I think that's what the TC had in mind with this thread title.

How can they be king though if out of 7 gens they have only been around for 4 and only one 3 times. Going by count Nintendo has one 3 times aswell. So they are still tied. I don't even hate sony, I just don't consider them (or anyone) "King".

#81 Posted by PinchySkree (1151 posts) -

@Dark_sageX said:

If all you have in life is foaming over a company's piece of plastic that doesn't care about your existence then I think you should re-evaluate your life my friend, being a fanboy is never a good thing, EVER.

@joshrmeyer said:

@Dark_sageX: It's just for fun.

For some people, trying to convince themselves the one console they have access to is the best and only machine anyone should own is all they've got in life.

They are willing to shill for a corporation to fail at achieving this.

#82 Posted by Son-Goku7523 (113 posts) -
@npiet1 said:
@son-goku7523 said:
@npiet1 said:
@son-goku7523 said:
@techhog89 said:

No one is disputing Nintendo as the King of handhelds, they are undisputed Kings in that arena but when i comes to home consoles Sony is the King. I think that's what the TC had in mind with this thread title.

How can they be king though if out of 7 gens they have only been around for 4 and only one 3 times. Going by count Nintendo has one 3 times aswell. So they are still tied. I don't even hate sony, I just don't consider them (or anyone) "King".

Don't worry I don't consider you a "Sony hater", you seem like a reasonable poster to me. Even though Nintendo has been out a lot longer and has sold more consoles and handhelds together overall, I think TC means that in the past 25 years of Sony's existence in the home console space they have dominated. I don't think he's wrong in that assessment. Now, if he were to say Sony has been the highest seller of hardware in home and handheld console gaming history he would be wrong.

#83 Posted by npiet1 (1619 posts) -

@son-goku7523 said:
@npiet1 said:
@son-goku7523 said:
@npiet1 said:
@son-goku7523 said:

Don't worry I don't consider you a "Sony hater", you seem like a reasonable poster to me. Even though Nintendo has been out a lot longer and has sold more consoles and handhelds together overall, I think TC means that in the past 25 years of Sony's existence in the home console space they have dominated. I don't think he's wrong in that assessment. Now, if he were to say Sony has been the highest seller of hardware in home and handheld console gaming history he would be wrong.

I don't really think they have dominated except for PS4 and PS2, just cause during those times if you said you owned an Xbox/Nintendo people would screw their face up or just be disappointed. The N64 is regarded as one of the best consoles even if it didn't sell well compared to the PS1.

#84 Edited by Son-Goku7523 (113 posts) -
@npiet1 said:
@son-goku7523 said:
@npiet1 said:
@son-goku7523 said:

I don't really think they have dominated except for PS4 and PS2, just cause during those times if you said you owned an Xbox/Nintendo people would screw their face up or just be disappointed. The N64 is regarded as one of the best consoles even if it didn't sell well compared to the PS1.

They dominated during the PS1 gen though.

Nintendo only sold 32.93 million N64s that gen compared to the 102.49 million PS1s sold, that's pretty dominating.

Nintendo has always made awesome games that carry their consoles so I don't think anyone should be ever disappointed owning a Nintendo console. N64 was a fine console and I think every Nintendo console including the WiiU has been great regardless of how much they've sold because they've always had amazing games.

#85 Edited by npiet1 (1619 posts) -

@son-goku7523: I've always wondered about that 32 million. There's still plenty around compared to other consoles. Are they just solid console or what?

#86 Posted by Son-Goku7523 (113 posts) -
@npiet1 said:

@son-goku7523: I've always wondered about that 32 million. There's still plenty around compared to other consoles. Are they just solid console or what?

According to Wiki (my source) that's the lifetime total sales.

The breakdown was 5.54 million system units sold in Japan, 20.63 million in the Americas, and 6.75 million in other regions, for a total of 32.93 million units.[5]

#87 Edited by AJStyles (442 posts) -

@cainetao11: Nintendo and their fanboys need to make up their damn minds.

When wii was winning the entire gen, the fanboys boasted saying Nintendo won.

When wii U was losing horribly, Nintendo and it’s fanboys claimed that wii u doesn’t compete with Sony or MS.

So which one is it? Nintendo are the ones who keep flip flopping every gen whether they compete with Sony/Microsoft or not.

In fact, half the Nintendo fanboys are claiming switch is going to beat PS4 this gen...

...while the other half claim switch is the only next gen console and it’s beating PS5/Xbox2.

Make up your damn minds you nintentrolls!

#88 Posted by DaVillain- (34344 posts) -

@son-goku7523 said:
@npiet1 said:

According to Wiki (my source) that's the lifetime total sales.

The breakdown was 5.54 million system units sold in Japan, 20.63 million in the Americas, and 6.75 million in other regions, for a total of 32.93 million units.[5]

Sounds about right.

#89 Posted by dotWithShoes (5500 posts) -

@pdogg93 said:

Lemming? Okay. Microsoft replaced defective 360s.. Sony said "not our fault, don't care".. I'm delusional?

#90 Posted by Sevenizz (2810 posts) -

Playstation games don’t age well. They’re of their time or if it’s a movie game, you already know the ending.

#91 Posted by Son-Goku7523 (113 posts) -
@dotWithShoes said:
@pdogg93 said:

Lemming? Okay. Microsoft replaced defective 360s.. Sony said "not our fault, don't care".. I'm delusional?

Which problem was more widespread?

#92 Edited by dotWithShoes (5500 posts) -

@son-goku7523 said:
@dotWithShoes said:
@pdogg93 said:

Widespread enough that Sony was taken to court over it, and had to pay out. They were awesome in their settlement too. $25 and a free game, with reduced costs to repair their flawed design.

What's worse is their adamant denial of any wrong doing.

"While we are convinced that there is no problem with these models and that we would win if we defended this case through trial, we have agreed to settle these lawsuits to avoid the extraordinary high cost of cumbersome class action litigation."
But what do I know?
#93 Edited by Son-Goku7523 (113 posts) -
@dotWithShoes said:
@son-goku7523 said:
@dotWithShoes said:
@pdogg93 said:

Widespread eough that Sony was taken to court over it, and had to pay out. They were awesome in their settlement too.. $25 and a free game, with reduced costs to repair their flawed design.

Nice dodge. You didn't answer my question.

Which problem affected more gamers and consoles?

#94 Posted by dotWithShoes (5500 posts) -

@son-goku7523 said:
@dotWithShoes said:
@son-goku7523 said:
@dotWithShoes said:
@pdogg93 said:

Widespread eough that Sony was taken to court over it, and had to pay out. They were awesome in their settlement too.. $25 and a free game, with reduced costs to repair their flawed design.

Show me stats on both, then we can talk. I never had a Xbox 360 RROD, I did have a ps2 DRE.

#95 Edited by Techhog89 (3539 posts) -
@son-goku7523 said:
@techhog89 said:
@son-goku7523 said:
@npiet1 said:

This thread title isn't wrong. They've sold more home consoles in the past 25 years than Nintendo. Did they lose gen 7 to Nintendo? Yes they did but it doesn't make this thread title wrong. They have won 3 out of the last 4 gens. I think they can be called the home console King based on this fact alone. The thread title in your own thread wasn't just inaccurate, it was a flat out lie you sore fanboy.

How was it a lie? I said that Switch won in the US last year, which it did. Then I said that it was selling faster than PS4 launch-aligned, which it was. Meanwhile, there was a stretch of 7 years where Sony wasn't the king, but you decided to use some silly criteria to say that it was the best since the PS1 launch. It's pathetic.

#96 Posted by X_Karen_x (362 posts) -

@dotWithShoes:

Rings of Red was so prominent it require Microsoft to extend warrant.

#97 Edited by Son-Goku7523 (113 posts) -
@dotWithShoes said:
@son-goku7523 said:
@dotWithShoes said:
@son-goku7523 said:

Show me stats on both, then we can talk. I never had a Xbox 360 RROD, I did have a ps2 DRE.

RROD affected approximately 54.2% by a Game Informer survey, no way PS2 was even remotely close to that high with DRE.

https://blog.seattlepi.com/microsoft/2009/08/19/survey-xbox-360-failure-rate-is-54-2/

Survey: Xbox 360 failure rate is 54.2%

By on August 19, 2009 at 10:00 PM

Xbox 360 gamers know the Red Ring of Death all too well. When one of Microsoft’s gaming consoles experiences a hardware failure, three of the four red lights ringing the Xbox’s power indicator illuminate.

Since the Xbox 360’s launch in late 2005, system failures have gained their fair share of attention. Last year, Microsoft even set aside $1 billion to extend Red Ring of Death warranty coverage to three years.

In fact, a Game Informer survey of 5,000 readers found that the Xbox 360 has an astounding 54.2 percent failure rate. That means 54.2 percent of Xbox 360 consoles fail in one way or another.

#98 Posted by cainetao11 (36215 posts) -

@ajstyles said:

When wii U was losing horribly, Nintendo and it’s fanboys claimed that wii u doesn’t compete with Sony or MS.

So which one is it? Nintendo are the ones who keep flip flopping every gen whether they compete with Sony/Microsoft or not.

In fact, half the Nintendo fanboys are claiming switch is going to beat PS4 this gen...

...while the other half claim switch is the only next gen console and it’s beating PS5/Xbox2.

LMAO And when cows had free online MP last gen they said charging for MP was holding half the game hostage. This gen? Lease them some games and integrity goes out the fvckin window. Everybody can poin out when a corporation or fanboys are hypocritical. Facts are you guys are bragging about PS1, PS2 and PS4 sales leadings but then Wii crapping on the other two doesn't matter. Just as hypocritical as sheep have been

#99 Posted by Dagubot (1138 posts) -
@cainetao11 said:
@ajstyles said:

LMAO And when cows had free online MP last gen they said charging for MP was holding half the game hostage. This gen? Lease them some games and integrity goes out the fvckin window. Everybody can poin out when a corporation or fanboys are hypocritical. Facts are you guys are bragging about PS1, PS2 and PS4 sales leadings but then Wii crapping on the other two doesn't matter. Just as hypocritical as sheep have been

LMAO! Damnnnn that smack to the face of @ajstyles the filthy alt!

#100 Posted by ermacness (8030 posts) -

@kuu2:

It all depends on how you look at it. From a "generational" stand, the ps3 came in 3rd, however statistically the ps3 outsold the 360.