Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

Looking back on the PS3, they had:

Uncharted, Uncharted 2, Uncharted 3 (MP in all but the first)

Resistance: Fall of Man, Resistance 2, Resistance 3 (all had MP)

Killzone 2, Killzone 3 (had MP)

Littlebigplanet, Littlebigplanet2, Littlebigplanet Karting (all had MP)

Ratchet & Clank: ToD, Ratchet & Clank: Crack In Time, Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus, Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault, Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One (some had MP)

Warhawk, Starkhawk (had MP)

Motorstorm, Motorstorm Pacific Rift, Motorstorm Apocalypse (all had MP)

Gran Turisomo HD, Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, Gran Turismo 5 (all had MP)

SOCOM Confrontation, SOCOM 4 (had MP)

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (had MP)

Playstation All-Stars: Battle Royale (had MP)

The Last of Us (had MP)

Soo...what happened? When it comes to Sony exclusives and Sony studios they seem to be putting games out at a slower rate. Also, the amount of MP experiences has severely been limited in the PS4 era as compared to the PS4 when it comes to Playstation exclusives.

Livecommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 Livecommander
Member since 2009 • 1388 Posts

Slow rates ? Less exclusives ?

How are we not talking about the xbox in this this case. The fell back wayyyyyyy more

AAA games are only getting more costly so it should completely understandable if quantity doesnt remain similar

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jcrame10

@Livecommander said:

How are we not talking about the xbox in this this case. The fell back wayyyyyyy more

AAA games are only getting more costly so it should completely understandable if quantity doesnt remain similar

I am not talking about Xbox because Xbox is basically non-existent to me right now lol. Xbox is getting Gears 5 in a week which is their first big game in a very long time. I was wanting this thread to just be a comparison between the game output between PS3 and PS4 and why majority of Sony's titles seem to lack MP nowadays.

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

@jcrame10 said:

Soo...what happened?

Movie games. The cinematic single player story campaign is the only thing that matters anymore.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jcrame10

@ezekiel43: Sony games have always been pretty cinematic since the PS2 era

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts
@ezekiel43 said:
@jcrame10 said:

Soo...what happened?

Movie games. The cinematic single player story campaign is the only thing that matters anymore.

Not to Nintendo

Avatar image for deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
deactivated-5f4e2292197f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
Member since 2015 • 1374 Posts
@jcrame10 said:
@Livecommander said:

I am not talking about Xbox because Xbox is basically non-existent to me right now lol. Xbox is getting Gears 5 in a week which is their first big game in a very long time. I was wanting this thread to just be a comparison between the game output between PS3 and PS4 and why majority of Sony's titles seem to lack MP nowadays.

This is a typical PlayStation fanboy. Rather ignore any faults in PS4 cause One is lame.

It's why I can't be a full pony. I can't ignore everything wrong with PS4, cause it still matters even if Xbox is lame. This explains the incessant need to make sure Xbox always looks like shit, cause if even for a second it isn't, then reality hits that PS4's shit stank just as bad.

IDK, its odd people pretending like PS4 was years of great exclusives, yet, PS4 was just as shitty the whole time One had forced kinect, and just as shitty the year after, of course didn't matter cause Xbox was lamer. I wouldn't even buy a PS4 cause my PS3 was more dope and had better games.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d

@jcrame10 said:

@ezekiel43: Sony games have always been pretty cinematic since the PS2 era

There's a huge difference between God of War and God of War. God of War doesn't have any quiet walk 'n talk bullshit, like God of War. There's no zoomed in over the shoulder camera because the emotions and dialogue are of much less importance. It has canned animations, just like God of War, but overall it feels much more like a classic game, especially the bosses. You explore the environments with far fewer of those canned animations (forced cutscenes). It has a jump button because the developers cared much more about game design than story, and action-adventure games SHOULD have jump buttons.

Sony would never, ever produce a game like Shadow of the Colossus now. Not with those production values, updated to modern graphical standards. By the time their committee got through with Fumito Ueda's design document, you would barely recognize it. It would be loaded with quests, skill trees, a walking, talking companion and other garbage the pretentious reviewers praise so much.

@ProtossRushX said:
@ezekiel43 said:
@jcrame10 said:

Soo...what happened?

Not to Nintendo

Ironically, Switch is the only console I've beaten all my games on. All except Smash Bros. It's not such a drag playing them, like Sony's movie games. I love watching movies and TV shows, which is probably why I find most attempts to copy cinema so unimpressive. Focus on what I can't get from movies!

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I'd enjoy a new Warhawk with motion controls. Not Star Hawk. WarHawk with it's cool WW2 vibe a la jeeps/tanks as well.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3055 Posts

@jcrame10: How much of it is them not wanting to complete with the Titans...call of duty, fortnite, pubg, battlefield, etc.

I would much rather a socom or warhawk over those, but I am clearly no longer the target market.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

Gran tourismo prologue is a demo. Paid, but a demo nontheless.

Sony probably just think why bother with MP when 3rd party can do it better. This why CoD is playstation first.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

Nothing happened. They've released a good amount of titles with MP:

• Killzone: Shadowfall
  • DC Universe Online
  • Knack 2
  • Everybody's Gold
  • Dead Nation
  • Alienation
  • Driveclub / Bikes
  • Little Big Planet 3
  • MLB the show
  • TLOU remastered
  • Bloodborne
  • Uncharted 4 / Lost Legacy
  • RIGS
  • Gran Turismo Sport
  • Drawn to Death
  • Wipeout Omega Collection
  • Farpoint

Upcoming games include that I know of:

• TLOU 2 (most likely)
  • Death Stranding (exclusive for now)
  • Predator: Hunting Grounds
  • And more VR multiplayer titles

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

Also, GT HD was a sinlge player game.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 679 Posts

I think it also has to do with the fact that most big 3 party publishers are moving to multiplayer, so they probably see single player and more of a whole to cover in their line up.

Avatar image for deactivated-5efed3ebc2180
deactivated-5efed3ebc2180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5efed3ebc2180
Member since 2006 • 923 Posts

No multiplayer? Who cares? If people have the urge to "connect" with random people, just go to a bar. You can find there some "versus" matches as well...?

@ezekiel43 said:
@jcrame10 said:

Soo...what happened?

Yea, especially in Gran Turismo Sport it seems to be the core part...?

Nah seriously, when they can pull off cinematic/story driven games like Uncharted, TLOU, God of War etc., that shits all over the movies you see in theaters for past decade, what's wrong with that?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d

@WESTBLADE said:

No multiplayer? Who cares? If people have the urge to "connect" with random people, just go to a bar. You can find there some "versus" matches as well...?

@ezekiel43 said:
@jcrame10 said:

Soo...what happened?

Nah seriously, when they can pull off cinematic/story driven games like Uncharted, TLOU, God of War etc., that shits all over the movies you see in theaters for past decade, what's wrong with that?

Highly debatable. Even if what you said was true, there are thousands of good older movies to choose from. I watch one every other night of the week.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-5efed3ebc2180

@ezekiel43 said:
@WESTBLADE said:

@ezekiel43 said:
@jcrame10 said:

Soo...what happened?

Highly debatable. Even if what you said was true, there are thousands of good older movies to choose from. I watch one every other night of the week.

I watch/love movies too, even (some of) the recent ones, therefore what's wrong with a 10 to 20 hour awesome movie where you are "the gear of motion" in its narration?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d

@WESTBLADE said:
@ezekiel43 said:
@WESTBLADE said:

@ezekiel43 said:

I watch/love movies too, even (some of) the recent ones, therefore what's wrong with a 10 to 20 hour awesome movie where you are "the gear of motion" in its narration?

Because most of the time manipulating the story and finding excuses for back to back action (gameplay) makes it worse. The sheer amount of enemy encounters in those games you mentioned is unbelievable and would make for a very boring movie. There's so much filler too. Personally, I found Resident Evil 2 (2019) to be a significantly better game than The Last of Us, partly because it wasn't so loaded with those cinematic interruptions and the level design was better for it.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

@Livecommander: Trust the Cows to bring the Xbox into a question about PS4, and use it as a defence...in the very first post.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#20 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

Honestly, the only first party that manages to balance single player and multiplayer is Nintendo (though I still wish there was local multiplayer in Splatoon 2, because... anyone else miss the era of Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, TimeSplitters, and Classic Halo?).

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 jcrame10

@nintendoboy16: I think Nintendo’s multiplayer output is worse thank Sony’s...what do they have besides Mario Kart, Smash and Splatoon?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56088 Posts

@ezekiel43 said:
@jcrame10 said:

Soo...what happened?

It's pretty much why Sony has been more successful since the start of PS4. But to be honest, I personally like the way they are playing it safe with these cinematic games despite Sony is known to take risk when it comes to new IP games. I just don't have the time anymore to play MP games and single player games not just by Sony but Nintendo also brings in some awesome quality single player content.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#23  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts
@jcrame10 said:

@nintendoboy16: I think Nintendo’s multiplayer output is worse thank Sony’s...what do they have besides Mario Kart, Smash and Splatoon?

Wow... you mentioned their three biggest games with multiplayer and still manage to slam it, even though I said they put out a balance. So you ignored...

-Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order

-Hyrule Warriors

-Fire Emblem Warriors

-Mario Odyssey

-Upcoming Pokemon Sword and Shield

-Super Mario Party (received as one of the better MP's in years)

-Soon to be released Astral Chain

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jcrame10

@nintendoboy16: I didn’t know the Warriors games had online multiplayer. Or Astral Chain. Forgot about MUA3.

I always thought Mario Tennis and Mario Party had terrible online features. I thought Super Mario Party was one of the worst received ones, too? Also I would hardly consider what Super Mario Odyssey offers in terms of multiplayer to be anything worth writing about...

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts

@WESTBLADE said:

@ezekiel43 said:
@jcrame10 said:

Soo...what happened?

Ha, no. Either you don't watch enough movies or you have shit-taste in movies to come up with that one.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#27 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@jcrame10:

Well......

Uncharted 4 has mp.

Killzone 4 has mp.

LittleBigPlanet 3 has mp.

So what's the issue??

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 R-Gamer
Member since 2019 • 2221 Posts

Because it's going to be hard to topple things like Fortnite and COD. It's an overcrowded market. Sony seems to be one of the few doing single player exclusives well.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By deactivated-5efed3ebc2180

@jaydan said:
@WESTBLADE said:

@ezekiel43 said:
@jcrame10 said:

Soo...what happened?

Ha, no. Either you don't watch enough movies or you have shit-taste in movies to come up with that one.

And... Says someone with "Baby Driver", a (good) popcorn flick in his/her signature. Irony.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By jaydan

@WESTBLADE said:
@jaydan said:
@WESTBLADE said:

@ezekiel43 said:

And... Says someone with "Baby Driver", a (good) popcorn flick in his/her signature. Irony.

Baby Driver makes up the whole of modern cinema? I don't think so. It is a technically impressive movie how they synchronized the set-pieces around a soundtrack, albeit a basic story. I would never put that in my top modern films list, but nice try.

Video game stories are pretty shit compared to what I see in cinema. The Last of Us is the closest I can think of with having a "cinematic" story, but I don't think that praise for TLoU necessarily means video games are on any level as movie storytelling, but TLoU got very close it was noticed.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-5efed3ebc2180

@jaydansaid:

...Video game stories are pretty shit compared to what I see in cinema...

Man, you've got Persona 5's Takemi Tae as your avatar and you still fling shit like this?

*confusion*

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#32 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Sometimes less is better.

MS has more trash this gen than least gen, and that's no good.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 jcrame10

@mclarenmaster18: it was still PS3 exclusive

Livecommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Livecommander
Member since 2009 • 1388 Posts

@saltslasher: faults ? , sony is spending more than ever on exclusives

A snickers bar use to be bigger and cheaper but only a little kid would complain about that.

Xbox on the other hand probably spent half of what they spent last gen.

Now that deserves fault. Is this not system wars ?

Btw I'm a cow affiliate not a cow lol

When the 360 was leading cows actually stood up for their brand of choice instead of feeling hurt and bullied all the time.

Stop complaining and bring up something you like about xbox as a reply for once.

Or come back next gen where you can probably pretend to have a backbone instead of whining over any comments towards your system of choice

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By jaydan

@WESTBLADE said:

@jaydansaid:

Man, you've got Persona 5's Takemi Tae as your avatar and you still fling shit like this?

*confusion*

The only thing you're proving is your ability to look at what's in someone's avatar and sig that has not been updated for years, and use that as a shallow base of scrutiny. Maybe next time I'll hide a Waldo in my sig, so you'll feel smarter for pointing out "Where's Waldo". I rest my case that video game storytelling: has never been on par with storytelling in other mediums, and that includes cinema.

It's really not my fault of your own underexposure to certain mediums of storytelling.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10613 Posts

@sealionact:

Actually it's more of a shame that in order to make the ps4 exclusive line-up look less appealing, one needs to bring it's predecessor in play because it's "competition" can't measure up.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#37 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

Come to think of it, I think the only game I've played online for my PS4 was Killzone... And that was only a couple matches because the game itself was terribly mediocre. Let the PS+ expire shortly there after.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

@ermacness: Where is the Xbox mentioned at all by the op? He correctly stated that PS3 had far more mp and exclusive games than PS4....and asked what happened?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-5efed3ebc2180

@jaydan said:
@WESTBLADE said:

@jaydansaid:

*confusion*

The only thing you're proving is your ability to look at what's in someone's avatar and sig that has not been updated for years, and use that as a shallow base of scrutiny. Maybe next time I'll hide a Waldo in my sig, so you'll feel smarter for pointing out "Where's Waldo". I rest my case that video game storytelling: has never been on par with storytelling in other mediums, and that includes cinema.

It's really not my fault of your own underexposure to certain mediums of storytelling.

I'm talking about plot, script, cutscenes and acting. Of course that ALL the gameplay elements such as constant platforming or fighting almost endless hordes of enemies would make for a shitty movie if seen from that perspective for long period.

Are we even talking about the same thing?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#40 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

@jcrame10 said:
@Livecommander said:

LOL you're not allowed to question PlayStation without Xbox coming up, don't you know that?

Anyway There was something in 2014 about making less games this gen from Sony. They knew what their strategy was going to be. The masses want SP games that make them feel like they are a part of their favorite summer blockbuster movie. Sony delivers it. Their MP is weaksauce and it doesn't bother their fanboys as the ones I know personally don't like playing games with others anyway. They like to talk bout what they play with other people. This isn't a generalization or include any of you as I don't know any but @getyeryayasout all that personally anyway. And he does play games with other people.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 jaydan
@WESTBLADE said:
@jaydan said:
@WESTBLADE said:

@jaydansaid:

*confusion*

I'm talking about plot, script, cutscenes and acting. Of course that ALL the gameplay elements such as constant platforming or fighting almost endless hordes of enemies would make for a shitty movie if seen from that perspective for long period.

I am talking exactly about the plot and script in a video game. Just because modern video games are becoming more and more like "movie games" does not mean they are anywhere near on the level of storytelling capabilities that cinema has proven and shown off for over a century longer than video games have even been around. It's no exception for modern cinema as well. Chances are you're just not looking hard enough for what's even good out there.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-5efed3ebc2180

@jaydan said:
@WESTBLADE said:
@jaydan said:
@WESTBLADE said:

@jaydansaid:

*confusion*

I am talking exactly about the plot and script in a video game. Just because modern video games are becoming more and more like "movie games" does not mean they are anywhere near on the level of storytelling capabilities that cinema has proven and shown off for over a century longer than video games have even been around. It's no exception for modern cinema as well. Chances are you're just not looking hard enough for what's even good out there.

I did a mistake in my initial post, where i forgot to write in *Hollywood blockbuster movies.

Ooops, my mistake. I've seen A LOT of movies. Even tons of really obscure/indie ones from allover the world and really liked them. Sorry for the misunderstanding... XD

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 jaydan

@WESTBLADE: I'll give you that. My point was if you're only watching mainstream movies - the ones that get spoon-fed to mass audiences - chances are you will have that perspective due to underexposure to what else you can actually be discovering in modern cinema.

There is a wealth of modern films that come out on a yearly basis - whether they're in Indie cinema or made by prolific directors, foreign-made films, or even sometimes that blockbuster film - I couldn't believe the assertion that modern cinema does not have good storytelling without checking out all these avenues.

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

They don't have much competition in 3rd party share this gen. When they lose some next gen the effort will be there.

ButDuuude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#45 ButDuuude
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

@Zero_epyon: Add Firewall: Zero Hour to that list. https://youtu.be/OJe6Zcg8T7U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By deactivated-5efed3ebc2180
@jaydan said:

@WESTBLADE: I'll give you that. My point was if you're only watching mainstream movies - the ones that get spoon-fed to mass audiences - chances are you will have that perspective due to underexposure to what else you can actually be discovering in modern cinema.

There is a wealth of modern films that come out on a yearly basis - whether they're in Indie cinema or made by prolific directors, foreign-made films, or even sometimes that blockbuster film - I couldn't believe the assertion that modern cinema does not have good storytelling without checking out all these avenues.

Sorry for that late reply... Who would imagine i would forgot to put that crucial "Hollywood" line in my initial post and make myself look like a foolish "casual" movie go-er. Oh well, thanks for your patience with me ;).

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#48 Star67
Member since 2005 • 5168 Posts

Why focus resources on Multiplayer when Everyone plays Fortnite, and Call of Duty?

Yeah it's always nice to have some variety, but as long as the big AAA multiplayer games are available I think it fills the itch for multiplayer.