Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@fedor said:

@son-goku7523: The chart is only through 2017 and shows a huge gap forming in sales going to PC. TW3 is still selling well on PC to this day, safe to say its sold best on PC.

My comment was more towards him calling Golden a lem tho. Agree with your sentiment tho, PS exclusives do damn well imo.

The biggest year in sales by far was the first year and sony sold almost as much copies as PC and xbox combined,the next year it sold almost the same as PC,and and the 3rd year the PC lead but the sales of that year were not even half the first year.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#52 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5248 Posts

Ten million copies worldwide is impressive for a title that appears in one system. Not that many exclusives sell that many copies.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Still alting I see OP aka quacknight.

Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#54 Son-Goku7523
Member since 2019 • 955 Posts

@fedor said:

@son-goku7523: The chart is only through 2017 and shows a huge gap forming in sales going to PC. TW3 is still selling well on PC to this day, safe to say its sold best on PC.

My comment was more towards him calling Golden a lem tho. Agree with your sentiment tho, PS exclusives do damn well imo.

Stop playing man, majority of a game's sales occur during the first year. Whatever they sold on PC in 2017 onwards won't hold a candle to what they sold in the first two years of the game's release. I think it's safe to say majority of the sales came from PS4 especially since that chart is only showing percentages of each year and not total percentages of the total sales to date.

Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Son-Goku7523

@i_p_daily said:

Still crying over the fact your Xbone is a flop, some things never change. Quick, make a "Forza Horizon 4 should be GOTY" thread, it's never too late lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@son-goku7523 said:
@i_p_daily said:

Still crying over the fact your Xbone is a flop, some things never change. Quick, make a "Forza Horizon 4 should be GOTY" thread, it's never too late lol.

Quick make an apology to the mods quacknight and they may let you stay here, and the only one crying here will be you when this alt gets nuked just like the last few LMFAO.

Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Son-Goku7523

@i_p_daily said:
@son-goku7523 said:
@i_p_daily said:

Quick make an apology to the mods quacknight and they may let you stay here, and the only one crying here will be you when this alt gets nuked just like the last few LMFAO.

LOL, you can't even come up with a funny comeback because you're so butthurt.

Go cry to the mods and stop stinking up my thread with your salty butt lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@son-goku7523 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@son-goku7523 said:
@i_p_daily said:

LOL, you can't even come up with a funny comeback because you're so butthurt.

Go cry to the mods and stop stinking up my thread with your salty butt lol.

Dude you replied to me first, so it is you who is all salty up in here lol. I knew I would get a reaction from you because you take this seriously, its like life & death for you, and I like poking the alt :)

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#59  Edited By Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

That is very impressive. looking forward to finally playing Spiderman.

@son-goku7523 said:

Sony pretty much confirmed that GOW lifetime sales have surpassed 10 million at their recent investor meeting.

Looks like Uncharted 4 is well over 15 million from this chart, and combined PS3 and PS4 sales seem to show TLOU2 has surpassed the 20 million lifetime sales mark. This gen has been an incredible run for them. Welp, there goes the moronic argument that Sony's "movie games" aren't insanely successful. Anyone that thinks they are going to change their formula going forward is insane. Their games not only perform well critically but they are sales juggernauts. How many MS or Nintendo IPs have sold over 10 million this generation? Spiderman, GOW, HZD, UC4, and TLOU2 have all broken the 10 million barrier this gen on one platform despite having heavy competition from 3rd party games.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#60 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

@boxrekt said:
@valgaav_219 said:

The salt is real in this thread. But back on topic. Well deserved, Sony. I still don't have God of War but I'll be picking it up soon and I own every game on that list. Sales numbers are looking great, though. I had no idea The Last of Us sold that much. I also had no idea it sold more on PS4 either

A lot of 360 fans who missed out on these type of masterclass games only playing Halo/Forza/Gears rehashes crossed over to PS4 this gen and wanted to experience greatness.

Unlike Sony fans, the vast majority of xbox fans had to break down and get their rival's system (PS4) in order to play the type of high quality games that are never found on their own primary system.

LULz

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

GOW 2018 took risks and they paid off.

Congrats to them.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@KBFloYd: Wow, its impressive how ever post you've made in this thread have gotten dumber and dumber. Thanks for the lol meltdown though.

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Blackhairedhero
Member since 2018 • 3231 Posts

@fedor: If TW3 sold most on PC isn't wasn't by much. The fact is first year sales were much better on PS4 and that's where most the $$ is.

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1856 Posts

Nice! Will be looking forward to play the next GOW on my pc, since PlayStation won’t have any more exclusives!

hello505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 hello505
Member since 2013 • 523 Posts

All bundled copies, go sell Halo 3 or Gears 3 frontloaded numbers or at Nintendo's IP high prices and then I'll be impressed. lol

Uncharted was basically forced down everyone's throat through bundles even those who don't even give a shit about the franchise.

"Please take this boring climbing simulator so we can inflate our sales numbers" - Sony

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56092 Posts

@blackhairedhero said:

@fedor: If TW3 sold most on PC isn't wasn't by much. The fact is first year sales were much better on PS4 and that's where most the $$ is.

I did buy Witcher 3 on PC & PS4. Some PC gamers did in fact buy it on PS4 mainly to review it like I did. If you didn't have a PC, owning Witcher 3 PS4 was the ideal at the time because TW3 1080p was supported on PS4 and Xbox One version only supported 900p. That was a big deal between 1080p vs 900p but playing it on PC is day/night.