Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Son-Goku7523
Member since 2019 • 955 Posts

Sony pretty much confirmed that GOW lifetime sales have surpassed 10 million at their recent investor meeting.

Looks like Uncharted 4 is well over 15 million from this chart, and combined PS3 and PS4 sales seem to show TLOU2 has surpassed the 20 million lifetime sales mark. This gen has been an incredible run for them. Welp, there goes the moronic argument that Sony's "movie games" aren't insanely successful. Anyone that thinks they are going to change their formula going forward is insane. Their games not only perform well critically but they are sales juggernauts. How many MS or Nintendo IPs have sold over 10 million this generation? Spiderman, GOW, HZD, UC4, and TLOU2 have all broken the 10 million barrier this gen on one platform despite having heavy competition from 3rd party games.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61471 Posts

I'd be worried if it hadn't. GoW has been a hugely popular franchise through the years, and thankfully, the new GoW paid off remarkably. Excellent game.

In other news, people buy remasters. Let's see how BC is monetized.

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

I guess there is going to be more Uncharted games lol. Those roomers that sony has a MS like studio created solely to put out Uncharted games is looking legit.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

Deserved

Avatar image for deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
Member since 2018 • 2683 Posts

But lems told me Sony exclusives don't sell.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lundy86_4

@subspecies said:

But lems told me Sony don't sell.

Who has said that?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56027 Posts

God of War Greek settings made the game way more interesting back on PS2 where it all begin. Greek mythology is what really gave God of War, the best single player experience of it's time. God of War 4 now set in Norse Mythology is were it's at. I do hope to see God of War go to Egyptian mythology in the future.

@lundy86_4 said:

In other news, people buy remasters. Let's see how BC is monetized.

Well, I did end up buying GoW3 again for PS4 so yeah, Sony got my money alright. Sony's already monetizing with PS Now.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
Member since 2018 • 2683 Posts

@lundy86_4: Jeez you're quick. I edited in "exclusives", which I accidentally left out, like two seconds after posting the comment but you still caught me lol.

Anyway, it's been the argument around here for a while that cows don't buy their own games.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 lundy86_4

@davillain- said:

Well, I did end up buying GoW3 again for PS4 so yeah, Sony got my money alright. Sony's already monetizing with PS Now.

Hey, i've bought the remasters as well.

@subspecies said:

@lundy86_4: Jeez you're quick. I edited in "exclusives", which I accidentally left out, like two seconds after posting the comment but you still caught me lol.

Anyway, it's been the argument around here for a while that cows don't buy their own games.

Haha, must be good timing.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

why is this shit all fuzzy?

and why are sony using metacritic like trolls?

whats the source link for this image?

oh and lol at using bar charts instead of giving solid numbers. why not just give the actual numbers? da fuk is this mickey mouse shit?

7 fucking year lifespan for the ps4 and the only games worth playing is an uncharted sequel, a god of war sequel, a last of us remaster and spiderman.

congrats.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lundy86_4

@KBFloYd said:

oh and lol at using bar charts instead of giving solid numbers. why not just give the actual numbers? da fuk is this mickey mouse shit?

7 fucking year lifespan for the ps4 and the only games worth playing is an uncharted sequel, a god of war sequel, a last of us remaster and spiderman.

congrats.

Here.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 KBFloYd

@lundy86_4 said:
@KBFloYd said:

congrats.

Here.

thanks for answering the first part of my questions.

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3129 Posts

The salt is real in this thread. But back on topic. Well deserved, Sony. I still don't have God of War but I'll be picking it up soon and I own every game on that list. Sales numbers are looking great, though. I had no idea The Last of Us sold that much. I also had no idea it sold more on PS4 either

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 lundy86_4

@KBFloYd said:

The rest of your post didn't warrant a reply.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 KBFloYd

@lundy86_4 said:
@KBFloYd said:

The rest of your post didn't warrant a reply.

oh i guess ill go back to sucking sony cock. my bad.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

@son-goku7523: Switch has 5 10+ million selling games I think, not sure about Xbox.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By KBFloYd

@mandzilla said:

@son-goku7523: Switch has 5 10+ million selling games I think, not sure about Xbox.

i think nintendo have two 15million sellers? mario kart 8 and smash bros ultimate? and barely 2 years into the gen.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By lundy86_4

@KBFloYd said:

If that's your go-to. Don't let me stop you.

You've been here long enough to know my post history, dumb-dumb. Don't lash out at people for simply providing a link you answered. Jeeeeesus.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 KBFloYd

@lundy86_4 said:
@KBFloYd said:

If that's your go-to. Don't let me stop you.

hey, got to follow the crowd right?

hide behind the masses. feels good ?

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2425 Posts
@valgaav_219 said:

The salt is real in this thread. But back on topic. Well deserved, Sony. I still don't have God of War but I'll be picking it up soon and I own every game on that list. Sales numbers are looking great, though. I had no idea The Last of Us sold that much. I also had no idea it sold more on PS4 either

A lot of 360 fans who missed out on these type of masterclass games only playing Halo/Forza/Gears rehashes crossed over to PS4 this gen and wanted to experience greatness.

Unlike Sony fans, the vast majority of xbox fans had to break down and get their rival's system (PS4) in order to play the type of high quality games that are never found on their own primary system.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 lundy86_4

@KBFloYd said:

Check my edit... If you don't know my post-history by now, i'm not sure what kind of lacking-IQ i'm dealing with.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By KBFloYd

@valgaav_219 said:

ps3 was a huge flop. its no surprise ps4 last of us version sold more despite being a remaster. look at mario kart 8 on wiiU then on switch.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#23 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Well deserved.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By KBFloYd

@lundy86_4 said:
@KBFloYd said:

Check my edit... If you don't know my post-history by now, i'm not sure what kind of lacking-IQ i'm dealing with.

yea, It just seemed like you swept all my other "valid" points under the rug, out of sight, erased from existence. And i was wondering why?

so i lashed out.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

Lol! The Switch has more impressive exclusive sales numbers than that and the thing is only 2 years old. Cows should feel ashamed

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

@KBFloYd: Oof, you're an emotional one.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 mandzilla  Moderator

@KBFloYd: Yup that's right, and Splatoon 2 will be hitting 10 million fairly soon also.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 mandzilla  Moderator

Good numbers for Sony though, God of War seems like a nice game so well deserved success.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 lundy86_4

@KBFloYd said:

yea, It just seemed like you swept all my other "valid" points under the rug, out of sight, erased from existence. And i was wondering why?

so i lashed out.

Just answered the one point that I could.

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Calvincfb
Member since 2018 • 0 Posts

@KBFloYd: lmao what a salty meltdown

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Calvincfb

@KBFloYd: if the PS3 was a huge flop with 80+ million units sold, what was the Wii U? LMAO

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By BoxRekt
@goldenelementxl said:

Lol! The Switch has more impressive exclusive sales numbers than that and the thing is only 2 years old. Cows should feel ashamed

lol nice idiotic post lemming.

Now let's apply that logic to the boards most praised multiplat:

"Sales of The Witcher, The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, and The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt passed 33 million units, sold mostly on PS4 and PC for the third game."

https://www.dualshockers.com/witcher-sales-ps4-xbox-one-pc/

LMFAO, not just TW3, but the Witcher FRANCHISE only 33million across 4 systems as of March 2018. This is the most highly praised multiplat for you bottom feeders who live off 3rd party games.

The fact that The Witcher was originally a PC exclusive and has a install base of what 200 million? lol the entire franchise barely even topped TLOU, a single PS4 exclusive? Ha.

You bottom feeder 3rd party scavengers should be ashamed that console Nintendo and PS4 exclusives together do better than your most praised games with a combined user base of over 450 million users.

Ironic that it sold even better on Sony systems despite the 200 million "Install base" of PC pirate section.

Sit the f*** down.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By KBFloYd

@calvincfb said:

@KBFloYd: if the PS3 was a huge flop with 80+ million units sold, what was the Wii U? LMAO

actually, Sony only sold 20miliion ps3's which probably all died with BLOD then in 2009 when they released the cheap plastic ps3s with everything taken out they sold 60 million of those.

oh and they also sold 3 or 4 corporate buildings. they sold the computer division. sony sold a lot that gen lol.

nintendo only sold 13M wiiU's so i guess sony did sell much much more stuff.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Fedor

@boxrekt: Lol what a weird meltdown you just had.

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

I like games with more playable time than a weekend so

no thx sony.

Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Son-Goku7523

@fedor said:

He's right though. Witcher 3's numbers while being impressive are spread across 3 platforms. PS4's exclusives are on one platform and still pulling impressive numbers. Also going by those numbers in that chart it shows that PS4 accounted for a majority of the sales of Witcher 3.

@goldenelementxl said:

Not really. What other games are Nintendo's games competing with on Switch?

PS4's exclusives are selling 10 million+ despite the stiff 3rd party competition on PS4. PS4 gamers are buying million of units of 3rd party games as well as supporting their own games. Switch owners are buying Nintendo games and ignoring 3rd party, it's not hard for Nintendo to pull impressive numbers for their exclusives when 3rd party games sell poorly on the system. Look at games like COD, Witcher 3, RDR2, etc. and you'll find that majority of their sales come from PS4, and PS4 owners still manage to buy their own exclusive games while supporting the bulk of 3rd party sales. I'd say based on these facts PS4 owners should be very proud. I have to ask what Lems and Sheep are playing. Lems aren't buying their exclusives and it looks like Sheep only buy exclusives and nothing else. PS4 owners are the only ones buying everything based on this data.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@KBFloYd said:

congrats.

What and incredible meltdown...

The PS4 is 5 and half years not 7,and has had quite allot more games than the ones you just name,in fact bloodborn been one of those,infamous,Horizon and others.

I expected lemmings to be this butthurt but a sheep? lol What a surprise.

@KBFloYd said:
@mandzilla said:

i think nintendo have two 15million sellers? mario kart 8 and smash bros ultimate? and barely 2 years into the gen.

Yes and 3rd party games sell like total shit,which bring me to my second point how is RDR2 on switch? lol

Man what an epic meltdown..lol

@KBFloYd said:
@valgaav_219 said:

ps3 was a huge flop. its no surprise ps4 last of us version sold more despite being a remaster. look at mario kart 8 on wiiU then on switch.

Please lets not talk about flops,the PS3 may have not sold like the PS2 did,but the wii u was 5 times bigger flop than the PS3,it sold basically 1 /10 of what the wii sold,the PS3 at least sold more than half of what the PS2 sold.

@goldenelementxl said:

And the worse multiplatform sales of anyplatform, nintendo's games have always sell on its platform at the expense of 3rd party games.

This is true even for N64 or GC.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By BoxRekt
@fedor said:

Why weird?

I was pointing out an idiotic criticism and putting it in perspective so even a moron could understand it.

Sony games are literally the only titles that get criticized for selling less than the install base yet the same group who criticize will congratulate multiplats with 3 to 5x the base for the same sales or selling the same relative to the scale of the total user base.

Again, what was weird?

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#39 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

@boxrekt said:
@fedor said:

Why weird?

I was pointing out an idiotic criticism and putting it in perspective so even a moron could understand it.

Sony games are literally the only titles that get criticized for selling less than the install base yet the same group who criticize will congratulate with multiplats 3 to 5x the base for the same sales or selling the same relative to the scale of the total user base.

Again, what was weird?

The fact you called golden a lem. But it can't be helped you fell for the cheap bait.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By lundy86_4

@boxrekt said:
@goldenelementxl said:

"Sales of The Witcher, The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, and The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt passed 33 million units, sold mostly on PS4 and PC for the third game."

LMFAO, not just TW3, but the Witcher FRANCHISE only 33million across 4 systems as of March 2018. This is the most highly praised multiplat for you bottom feeders who live off 3rd party games.

The fact that The Witcher was originally a PC exclusive and has a install base of what 200 million? lol the entire franchise barely even topped TLOU, a single PS4 exclusive? Ha.

You bottom feeder 3rd party scavengers should be ashamed that console Nintendo and PS4 exclusives together do better than your most praised games with a combined user base of over 450 million users.

Ironic that it sold even better on Sony systems despite the 200 million "Install base" of PC pirate section.

Sit the f*** down.

The dude isn't a Lem, lol. Congrats.

You need to chill the f*ck out.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By BoxRekt
@lundy86_4 said:
@boxrekt said:
@goldenelementxl said:

Sit the f*** down.

The dude isn't a Lem, lol. Congrats.

Yet said he has 2 xbox one X's and takes every opportunity to hate on Sony and playstation. Cool Story.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 lundy86_4

@boxrekt said:

Yet has 2 xbox one X's. Cool Story.

That's your prerequisite? That's more idiotic than your post.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By BoxRekt
@lundy86_4 said:
@boxrekt said:

Yet has 2 xbox one X's. Cool Story.

That's your prerequisite? That's more idiotic than your post.

Never said that was my prerequisite, I just pointed out the connection. My prerequisite is his posting habbits. If it walks like a duck and all that.

lol my question to you is why are you all upset and in white knight mode over me pointing that out?

You xbox fanatics hate to be called xbox fans but all you do is xbox fanboy shit. You need to get off your soap box and stop trying to protect your bothers for acting like what they are.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By lundy86_4

@boxrekt said:

Never said that was my prerequisite, I just pointed out the connection. My prerequisite is his posting habbits. If it walks like a duck and all that.

lol my question to you is why are you all upset and in white knight mode over me pointing that out? You xbox fanatics hate to be called xbox fans but all you do is xbox fanboy shit. You need to get off your soap box and stop trying to protect your bothers for acting like what they are.

Forgive me for making that leap in logic...

I'm not upset. However, please continue lol.

Edit: I edited this after you called me an "xbox fanatic," because that's just glorious. As I said before... Please, please, continue. NVM, I just noticed you did that initially. So, that's hilarious.

Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Son-Goku7523

@getyeryayasout said:

As long as I can remember since I've been following this stuff, smash hits sell to about 10% of the install base of any given platform.

Downplaying GoW's sales figures is silly since it falls right in line with those numbers. I'm sure Sony is happy.

I agree.

It's pointless anyway, the whole attachment rate argument was bullshit. As long as a game manages to sell well enough to provide profit I'm sure its publishers are happy. Calling any game with sales between 5-10 million on a single platform a flop is stupid at best.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@KBFloYd said:
@calvincfb said:

actually, Sony only sold 20miliion ps3's which probably all died with BLOD then in 2009 when they released the cheap plastic ps3s with everything taken out they sold 60 million of those.

oh and they also sold 3 or 4 corporate buildings. they sold the computer division. sony sold a lot that gen lol.

nintendo only sold 13M wiiU's so i guess sony did sell much much more stuff.

The meltdown continues.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Fedor

@son-goku7523: The chart is only through 2017 and shows a huge gap forming in sales going to PC. TW3 is still selling well on PC to this day, safe to say its sold best on PC.

My comment was more towards him calling Golden a lem tho. Agree with your sentiment tho, PS exclusives do damn well imo.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

That is great. Too bad the Ps4 has so few games that I want to play.

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Calvincfb

@KBFloYd: lmao, aren't you ashamed of spreading this bullshit? What a meltdown.