Sony getting mauled by PS fans and trolled by xbox after thier showcase and I'm here for it

• 130 results
above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By above_average
Member since 2021 • 1566 Posts

Only question is, who's ready for ol Jimmy to go?

We need another Japanese head of PlayStation, westerners just aren't cut out to lead this gaming s***

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#2 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69455 Posts

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44160 Posts

You guys keep flip-flopping between loving and hating Jim. Weren’t you just defending him recently when I brought up the, “We believe in generations.” comment? 🤔

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Pedro

@Archangel3371 said:

You guys keep flip-flopping between loving and hating Jim. Weren’t you just defending him recently when I brought up the, “We believe in generations.” comment? 🤔

They are trying to distance themselves from him all because Sony didn't show the PS exclusives they worship so much. After he cried about CGI trailers, he got exactly that from Sony. 😂 He and his goons got body slammed by Sony.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Archangel3371  Online

@Pedro: Yeah, I find it weird seeing a show that has a lot of good games coming to a system but being upset about it because you didn’t see enough “exclusives”.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 12951 Posts

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GhostOfGolden
Member since 2023 • 2437 Posts

At least PS fans are capable of going after their own. Xbox fans just make excuses, damage control and lower their expectations in order to “everything is ok” the situation. You got PS fans actually shedding tears in anger on social media, while Xbox fans are trying to tell us about how RedFall is actually a good game. Both are damn near equally as crazy to me…

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

@ghostofgolden said:

At least PS fans are capable of going after their own. Xbox fans just make excuses, damage control and lower their expectations in order to “everything is ok” the situation. You got PS fans actually shedding tears in anger on social media, while Xbox fans are trying to tell us about how RedFall is actually a good game. Both are damn near equally as crazy to me…

That's pathetic.

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GhostOfGolden

@fedor said:
@ghostofgolden said:

That's pathetic.

VERY pathetic. I’ll never understand the video game fanatic brain. Sports fanatics make a little more sense. But a fan of a video game company? Just buy whatever you can afford and play what you want. No need to tie your identity into any of this… I don’t remember Betamax fans crying about losing exclusives to VHS. Blu-ray and HD-DVD… Streaming platforms. Movie studios. Record labels… Only in video games do we have this silliness

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12303 Posts

I'm not sure why some gaming pundits were hyping this up as some massive offloading of announcements from PlayStation Studios. That literally never happens; it's a fantasy. Do folks actually remember the 2021 showcase? PlayStation Studios technically presented more games this time around. The third party games were better this time around as well.

I totally understand it's been two years since the last one and the exact roadmap is less known than before but, they've shown us that they are capable of putting together specific State of Play events that are focused on singular games. Heck, Spider-Man 2 and, Helldivers 2 were confirmed to be 2023 games and, we don't even have release date or deep dives into those games. There's also other major events like Summer Game Fest, The Game Awards etc.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Antwan3K  Online
Member since 2005 • 8049 Posts

someone always seems to have to damage control for Sony fanboys by bringing up "b bu but what about the Xbox fanboys!!1!".. 🙄

maybe, just maybe, all fanboys sound and act foolish.. 🤷‍♂️

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts
@ghostofgolden said:

Angry at what? Good games coming out? What has Jim Ryan done, secured releases of good games? "Going after their own" why?

-

Console fans are just embarrassing and SO fucking pathetic.

Good games were shown, but no... They have to be exclusives, so they can what? Use it against people who don't have their system?

If many of those games shown, were exclusive, PS fans would be bragging about how they won something.

So now the excitement and hype for MGS is now cut in half because it's not exclusive enough?

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Antwan3K  Online

@Archangel3371 said:

@Pedro: Yeah, I find it weird seeing a show that has a lot of good games coming to a system but being upset about it because you didn’t see enough “exclusives”.

yep, there were a decent number of good games on display.. the reality is that the vast majority of games are multiplatform these days..

major game showcases are going to feature multiplats with a couple exclusives.. this is nothing new.. i just think some cows overhyped the show and now are trying to save face by being "extra critical"..

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 KvallyX

@ghostofgolden said:

I am seeing a TON of praise for the show on Twitter from PS fans. I also see Xbox fans shit on Xbox shows.

They ALL do it. Cows, lems, hermits, crabs or whatever.

templecow90999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 templecow90999
Member since 2021 • 911 Posts

Xbox released the Series consoles and followed it up with a year of "gamepass is great" then finally pushed out some quality content on their own accord in Flight Simulator, Psychonauts 2, Forza Horizon 5, and Halo Infinite (don't @ me about that last one...). Only to follow it up with basically another year and a half of crickets. And then finally shat out Redfall. But please be excited for Starfield and ANOTHER Forza. Who knows what else is going on over there? Supposedly approx a half dozen games in dev hell?

Sony said they "believe in generations" but had to secretly walk that back after all the supply issues resulted in lower production of PS5's. So PS5 got Demon's Souls, Returnal, and Ratchet and Clank as actual exclusives in the launch window, but since everything notable has been cross between PS4 and PS5. While that is actually changing going forward it seems (finally starting to leave PS4 behind for realz), they also apparently can't keep a steady stream of 1st party content coming. Oh and they raised the msrp after inflation and scalpers took millions out of their pockets. And raised game prices to $70. And decided to start releasing their big games on PC, although not day 1.

The best things to come from the PS5 and Xbox Series X? They play PS4 and Xbox One games really great. Woof.

We are the suckers for buying these things and hoping the companies could release consistent and quality content.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Archangel3371  Online

Do you hear that Xbox gamers? You need to start being “honest” and being “concerned” at things that others are concerned about. Start going after your “own”. 😅

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Antwan3K  Online

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@ghostofgolden said:

[...]

[...]

If many of those games shown, were exclusive, PS fans would be bragging about how they won something.

exactly.. you take that exact same show, restrict the games to one single plastic box, and it would somehow make the show better in the eyes of fanboys..

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 KvallyX

@templecow90999 said:

And then finally shat out Redfall. But please be excited for Starfield and ANOTHER Forza.

Best game released this year is Hi-Fi Rush, on any system. In my opinion of course. 9/10 here, shadow drop and nearly universal praise. Of course, Xbox won't get recognized for this because it's, well, Xbox.

And people shit on Forspoken, but that game is actually good. I have been enjoying it more than Hogwarts and Redfall.

I have also been playing the new Star Wars Jedi Survivor because I loved Fallen Order. But sadly, this one has NOT been exciting me nearly as much as Fallen Order so far :(

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Antwan3K  Online

@Archangel3371 said:

Do you hear that Xbox gamers? You need to start being “honest” and being “concerned” at things that others are concerned about. Start going after your “own”. 😅

translation: "stop having fun with the product you enjoy!!"..

and this is literally before saying "just buy whatever you can afford and play what you want".. 🤣🤡

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By above_average
@kvallyx said:
@ghostofgolden said:

I am seeing a TON of praise for the show on Twitter from PS fans. I also see Xbox fans shit on Xbox shows.

They ALL do it. Cows, lems, hermits, crabs or whatever.

FALSE!

I created the FIRST redfall thread on this board pointing out the fact that it looked shit and warned xbox fans about what was coming...

ALL of you guys defend the game and attacked me personally while making excuses for the game until review scores finally hit.

Remember you personally told me you were gonna drop $70 for Redfall even after I pointed out to you the game looked like booty butt cheeks?

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 GhostOfGolden

@Antwan3K said:
@Archangel3371 said:

and this is literally before saying "just buy whatever you can afford and play what you want".. 🤣🤡

NOTHING I have ever said was aimed at folks enjoyment of the games they play. EVER.

My comment here was just pointing out how PS fanatics are capable of redirecting their mental insanity towards the company they have an unhealthy infatuation towards. Xbox fans would never do that… Not at this level… Lems mental disorder falls more in line with Stockholm syndrome.

Keep misrepresenting what I say

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 HalcyonScarlet

@Antwan3K said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@ghostofgolden said:

[...]

[...]

exactly.. you take that exact same show, restrict the games to one single plastic box, and it would somehow make the show better in the eyes of fanboys..

Console fans can be such whiny bitches. They act like aaa games just get pulled out of developers asses. And when they get a bunch, it's STILL not good enough, because they won't be released with a more pleasing contract of exclusivity.

On another note, it occurs to me that Sony might have exhausted all the releases that started development during the 8th gen and now they're starting 9th gen games from scratch, releases may be a little harder to make and take a little longer to release. Perhaps PS fans may understand at some point why MS isn't able to just pull these games out of their asses like they expect of them, given the lack of PS releases on the horizon. It's fitting.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56092 Posts

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50556 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

Sounds like they judge them by their actions, not which "team" they are on.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 KvallyX

@above_average said:

Remember you personally told me you were gonna drop $70 for Redfall even after I pointed out to you the game looked like booty butt cheeks?

**** yeah! And I did! And I am enjoying it so far!

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By above_average
@Chutebox said:
@Archangel3371 said:

Sounds like they judge them by their actions, not which "team" they are on.

lol you're pointing out something these company fanboys wouldn't understand.

Sony fans, are ONLY their fans based on the games they provide or help bring to life that otherwise wouldn't exist. PERIOD!

I don't give AF about Sony if they drop below the level of quality I expect from a 1st party console provider. And the standards I have for a console platform holder were developed before I ever even owned a Sony system!

These xbox goofs are actually just fans of a company and the games provided by them are an after thought.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 HalcyonScarlet

@ghostofgolden said:
@Antwan3K said:
@Archangel3371 said:

NOTHING I have ever said was aimed at folks enjoyment of the games they play. EVER.

My comment here was just pointing out how PS fanatics are capable of redirecting their mental insanity towards the company they have an unhealthy infatuation towards. Xbox fans would never do that… Not at this level… Lems mental disorder falls more in line with Stockholm syndrome.

So "lems" should be mad for the things PS "fanatics" tell them to be mad about?

Are you sure it's lems that have a "mental disorder" here? :-S

With the lack of exclusives on Xbox since last gen, with near all of them being shared to the PC, Xbox gamers aren't wired the same way as to be obsessed with exclusives anymore. Lots of games to play. And Gamepass is still a decent deal.

Sales and numbers have always been a PS obsession...

So you're saying Xbox fanboys should be as obnoxious as PS fanboys and "redirect their mental intensity" towards Xbox. :-S

Your complaint literally reads like "well at least PS fans are obnoxious little cretins... Why can't Xbox fans be obnoxious little cretins". That's REALLY weird.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

Lol.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Archangel3371  Online

@Antwan3K: Exactly. It’s all about “stop enjoying something that I don’t enjoy and be concerned right along with me” with these clowns. Sucks to be them. I’m going to enjoy whatever I feel like enjoying and they can go kick rocks. 🤷‍♂️ 😅

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 above_average

@kvallyx said:
@above_average said:

**** yeah! And I did! And I am enjoying it so far!

Happy for you.

That said, you should remember that Redfall thread and how every xboy defended the game GLARING flaws and all only to do an 180 once the game hit and they couldn't pretend it was something it's not.

It's all about accountability. I don't need to wait for Spiderman 2 reviews before I call out that what I see as a lazy paint job excuse for a sequel.

I don't need a green light from the press bashing a game before I (with my trained gamer eye) call out something as good or bad.

TBH if what Sony showed was from the Xbox side, I'd be perfectly happy with what was provided even if Spiderman was their "zinger". But for Sony it's pathetic IMO. They have to set a high standard for the industry and with that show they just lowered the bar for MS and everyone else to have to reach.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6864 Posts

Yep, as a Playstation fan they deserve it. That's the difference though. Playstation fans hold Sony accountable while Xbox fans are just happy with mediocrity.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6864 Posts

@above_average: You still going to bash Spider-Man 2 if it scores 9+? Hard to hate on Insomniac when they put out 85+ metacritic quality games every two years.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Pedro
@ghostofgolden said:

...while Xbox fans are trying to tell us about how RedFall is actually a good game. Both are damn near equally as crazy to me…

@ghostofgolden said:

🤭

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 GhostOfGolden

@HalcyonScarlet said:

Your complaint literally reads like "well at least PS fans are obnoxious little cretins... Why can't Xbox fans be obnoxious little cretins". That's REALLY weird.

One group is “obnoxious little cretins” while the other is like a bunch of sad little stray puppies that will eat up whatever they’re given, and they’ll love it no matter what. One group is annoying as hell while the other is kinda depressing.
I wouldn’t want to be apart of either group, but at least the cretins stick up for themselves…

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Antwan3K  Online
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@ghostofgolden said:
@Antwan3K said:
@Archangel3371 said:

With the lack of exclusives on Xbox since last gen, with near all of them being shared to the PC, Xbox gamers aren't wired the same way as to be obsessed with exclusives anymore. Lots of games to play. And Gamepass is still a decent deal.

So you're saying Xbox fanboys should be as obnoxious as PS fanboys and "redirect their mental intensity" towards Xbox. :-S

dude simply can't get his narrative straight..

Xbox fans are seemingly happy with the Series X|S hardware and are enjoying the titles available in Game Pass.. according this clown, that's NOT an issue and he has NO problem with Xbox fans enjoying their purchased products..

so why exactly should Xbox fans be outraged?..

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Pedro

@HalcyonScarlet said:

You are trying to use logic with an illogical person. After all, he is the self proclaim savior of the SW.😂

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Antwan3K  Online

@Pedro said:
@ghostofgolden said:

...while Xbox fans are trying to tell us about how RedFall is actually a good game. Both are damn near equally as crazy to me…

@ghostofgolden said:

🤭

lol, i know right.. like i said, dude just can't keep his narratives straight..

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 GhostOfGolden

@Antwan3K said:
@Pedro said:
@ghostofgolden said:

@ghostofgolden said:

🤭

lol, i know right.. like i said, dude just can't keep his narratives straight..

Enjoying a game, and a game being good aren’t the same thing… You seem to really enjoy bad games, so you should understand…

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
@ghostofgolden said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

One group is “obnoxious little cretins” while the other is like a bunch of sad little stray puppies that will eat up whatever they’re given, and they’ll love it no matter what. One group is annoying as hell while the other is kinda depressing.

I wouldn’t want to be apart of either group, but at least the cretins stick up for themselves…

I still don't see how PS is any different. They got three games last year and they scored two 8s and a 9, decent, but not blowing everyone out of the park like the fans lead us to believe. And this year they only have one game from Sony.

What's the difference? The hype, that PS fans "tell us" how awesome Sony is? The sales... I'm not really seeing PS as significantly better here in ways I should care about. Cut away all the fluff, when it comes down to the things we as gamers should care about, I don't see it. PS is doing betterm but not to the extent PS fans make out in the ways that effect gamers.

Which goes back to what I first said "So "lems" should be mad for the things PS "fanatics" tell them to be mad about?".

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Pedro

🤭

@ghostofgolden said:

Enjoying a game, and a game being good aren’t the same thing… You seem to really enjoy bad games, so you should understand…

@ghostofgolden said:

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 GhostOfGolden

@Pedro: Again, enjoying a game and a game being good aren’t the same. But you know that… 🙄

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Pedro

@ghostofgolden said:

@Pedro: Again, enjoying a game and a game being good aren’t the same. But you know that… 🙄

@ghostofgolden said:

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#43 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3398 Posts

Every time someone posts a Dreamcast Guy video a baby dolphin is killed. I hope you're happy.

Yeah, Jim sucks since day one. Nothing new.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 HalcyonScarlet

@kathaariancode said:

Every time someone posts a Dreamcast Guy video a baby dolphin is killed. I hope you're happy.

Yeah, Jim sucks since day one. Nothing new.

Cows do love their "influencers", I've noticed. They are clearly not selective either.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8470 Posts

PS didn't have a Japanese CEO since the last years of PS3. Don't know what TC is on about Japanese/Asian CEO.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3416 Posts

Goes to show Playstation gamers are more honest. I'll be the first to admit I was expecting way more from the show. Revealing Spiderman 2 FIRST more! What's going on with Bluepoint, Sucker Punch, Naughty Dog, etc? Guess Playstation gamers are spoiled. It takes 5 years to make good games and unlike Xbox, Sony devs already released a lot of quality content from '20 til now.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 KvallyX

@above_average: I’m just system warring my friend

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Antwan3K  Online
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@ghostofgolden said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

[...]

[...]

[...]

Which goes back to what I first said "So "lems" should be mad for the things PS "fanatics" tell them to be mad about?".

this is basically what it boils down to..

Sony fans brag about console sales so Xbox fans should be outraged by that.. Sony fans brag about "exclusives" so Xbox fans should be outraged by that..

in reality, the console war has been over since 2016 and Xbox gamers enjoy the Game Pass service across multiple platforms.. for some reason, these ideals really trigger the Golden Child despite his assertion that people should be able to "just buy whatever you can afford and play what you want"..

honestly, The Golden Child simply wants to complain about Xbox and Xbox fans for the sake of complaining.. that's really the beginning and end of it..

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 GhostOfGolden

@kvallyx said:

@above_average: I’m just system warring my friend

This is serious business to some. And for others the war was over in 2016, yet they‘re still here defending Xbox for some reason. If you say the war has been over, go home… Or go to the Xbox board where you won’t meet opposition.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Pedro

@Antwan3K said:

this is basically what it boils down to..

Sony fans brag about console sales so Xbox fans should be outraged by that.. Sony fans brag about PlayStation 1st party so Xbox fans should be outraged by that..

in reality, the console war has been over since 2016 and Xbox gamers enjoy the Game Pass service.. for some reason, these ideals really trigger the Golden Child despite his assertion that people should be able to "just buy whatever you can afford and play what you want"..

honestly, The Golden Child simply wants to complain about Xbox and Xbox fans for the sake of complaining.. that's really the beginning and end of it..

No-one would say "just buy whatever you can afford and play what you want" and then complain about the same behavior they claim to support. 😎