Sony: Game Over....................

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

http://gaminrealm.com/2013/12/30/sony-79-chance-bankrupt-2-years/

" While it wouldn’t be factual to say that SNE will fail in the next 2 years (it’s all a guess), the 78.49% figure is based off of real, actual numbers. Many will consider this number overly inflated, but it all doesn’t sound too far-fetched when you take into consideration some of the things that have been happening over in Sony Land. Last year, Sony’s market value was slashed down to “junk” status, and they’ve sold multiple HQ buildings as well.

Not to mention, Sony still hasn’t recovered from all of the money they’ve lost on the PS3, and the Vita is still not profitable and isn’t selling as well as it should.

For comparative purposes, Macroaxis is stating that Nintendo has only a 22% chance of failing in the next 2 years, which is very ironic considering the fact that the majority of gamers and journalists online are always claiming that Nintendo is in imminent danger, when in reality Nintendo is very healthy and Sony is the actually the one closest to failing out of the console manufacturers. Microsoft is sitting off to the side with only 1% chance of failure.

Personally, I feel that Sony will be just fine and this is just a statistic, it doesn’t mean something will actually happen at the end of the day. I’ve been fully aware of Sony’s financial woes for the last 7 years (unlike most gamers) but at the same time, I feel that they are a smart enough corporation to turn things around."

So this is just someone's prediction but it is writing on the wall that we can all read. Don't mention the 2.1 million PS/4 consoles sold as helping this. When something is sold at a loss, money is only recouped in the long term.

Personally I think things may be cut from different lines but the important thing to remember is this company is run by it's engineers who have too much stubborn pride to make a drastic change. Look on the bright side cows, Sears got to stay in business after it claimed bankruptcy!

http://www.notenoughshaders.com/2012/09/08/the-ten-year-decline-of-sony/

This could be the start of how easy it is going to be for Microsoft to start buying up exclusives. Discuss.

NOTE: This is probably why TitanFall isn't coming to anything with a "Sony" name on it. You cant have the soon to be biggest GOTY on shaky ground.

Enjoy!

Additional link about Sony Stock. UPDATED 1/02/14 http://news.cnet.com/8301-1001_3-57616386-92/sony-troubles-persist-factories-said-to-be-target-of-staff-cuts/

Avatar image for deactivated-603db33572396
deactivated-603db33572396

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By deactivated-603db33572396
Member since 2007 • 361 Posts

except microsoft wont buy out any exclusives and just keep cramming kinect down your throat, they cant even keep titanfall off the stinkpc or 360 and the next games will be on ps4

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 FoxbatAlpha

@CrumUnderMe said:

except microsoft wont buy out any exclusives and just keep cramming kinect down your throat, they cant even keep titanfall off the stinkpc or 360 and the next games will be on ps4

Oh really? Kinect huh? I would love to come stay with you under your rock sometime.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#4 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Sony has been "dead" since 2009. Guess what, they are still around. Beating a dead horse at this point.

ZoomZoom2490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ZoomZoom2490
Member since 2008 • 3943 Posts

I been hearing this story for the last ten years, keep it going you silly turd.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-603db33572396

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@CrumUnderMe said:

Oh really? Kinect huh? I would love to come stay with you under your rock sometime.

im not a hermit.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FoxbatAlpha

@ZoomZoom2490 said:

bump.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#8 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

They're just spending a lot. They'll turn up when Licensed Movies and Big Budget Games show up.

joel_c17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 joel_c17
Member since 2005 • 3206 Posts

@CrumUnderMe: lol keep hoping that lems

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-603db33572396

@joel_c17 said:

how can i be a lem when im watching netflix on my ps4 and holding my dual shock 4 :|

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart said:

They're just spending a lot. They'll turn up when Licensed Movies and Big Budget Games show up.

I would put more on games than movies.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By FoxbatAlpha

@CrumUnderMe said:

@joel_c17 said:

how can i be a lem when im watching netflix on my ps4 and holding my dual shock 4 :|

No games confirmed. Again.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#13  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

I agree with the author. Its a stat, and very real one. But I have faith in Sony to turn things around.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By deactivated-603db33572396

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@CrumUnderMe said:

@joel_c17 said:

No games confirmed. Again.

i have all the big hits like ac4 and bf4. im not playing right now beause im trying to fix an error on my pc

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I'm not worried.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#16 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

@Jakandsigz said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

Guess so. Spiderman might flop.

Muffin2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By Muffin2020
Member since 2013 • 534 Posts

The PlayStation brand - dying in the same way as a PC for the last 10 years.

So not dying

Avatar image for k1ngd0m4g3rul3z
K1ngd0m4g3rul3z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 K1ngd0m4g3rul3z
Member since 2013 • 179 Posts

@ZoomZoom2490 said:

Well the same was said about Nokia and Blackberry for about 5 years.. no way they can fail!

Opus_Rea-333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Opus_Rea-333
Member since 2013 • 1238 Posts

they still got a loyal Naughty Dog fanbase, also most japanese devs are leaving Sony.

maybe developing Xbox One exclusives?? only time can tell.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 FoxbatAlpha

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

Guess so. Spiderman might flop.

Actually the new trailer looks pretty good. So many damn villains, can't keep track. One movie isn't going to save a empire though.

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 John_Matherson
Member since 2013 • 2085 Posts

Don't make threads. Ok? Promise! You have to promise!!!!!

-Rhett81-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By -Rhett81-
Member since 2002 • 3569 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

" While it wouldn’t be factual to say that SNE will fail in the next 2 years (it’s all a guess), the 78.49% figure is based off of real, actual numbers. Many will consider this number overly inflated, but it all doesn’t sound too far-fetched when you take into consideration some of the things that have been happening over in Sony Land. Last year, Sony’s market value was slashed down to “junk” status, and they’ve sold multiple HQ buildings as well.

Not to mention, Sony still hasn’t recovered from all of the money they’ve lost on the PS3, and the Vita is still not profitable and isn’t selling as well as it should.

For comparative purposes, Macroaxis is stating that Nintendo has only a 22% chance of failing in the next 2 years, which is very ironic considering the fact that the majority of gamers and journalists online are always claiming that Nintendo is in imminent danger, when in reality Nintendo is very healthy and Sony is the actually the one closest to failing out of the console manufacturers. Microsoft is sitting off to the side with only 1% chance of failure.

Personally, I feel that Sony will be just fine and this is just a statistic, it doesn’t mean something will actually happen at the end of the day. I’ve been fully aware of Sony’s financial woes for the last 7 years (unlike most gamers) but at the same time, I feel that they are a smart enough corporation to turn things around."

So this is just someone's prediction but it is writing on the wall that we can all read. Don't mention the 2.1 million PS/4 consoles sold as helping this. When something is sold at a loss, money is only recouped in the long term.

Personally I think things may be cut from different lines but the important thing to remember is this company is run by it's engineers who have too much stubborn pride to make a drastic change. Look on the bright side cows, Sears got to stay in business after it claimed bankruptcy!

This could be the start of how easy it is going to be for Microsoft to start buying up exclusives. Discuss.

NOTE: This is probably why TitanFall isn't coming to anything with a "Sony" name on it. You cant have the soon to be biggest GOTY on shaky ground.

Enjoy!

If you actually read the full article that you posted and even copy/pasted, you would've noticed that even the writer thinks Sony will be fine. So who's prediction are you actually parading? Yours?

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#23 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

@Wasdie: just like Nintendo's been doomed since 2006, but still has not kicked the bucket. Lol

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

@Telekill said:

I'm not worried.

Im not worried about nothing. Quad Life/Trey City/Vita Loca

Muffin2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Muffin2020

Should we be more worried about A or B?

A) Sony losing money apart from the Playstation brand

B)MS making a ton of money from Operating Systems and breaking even (losing money?) on the Xbox

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts
Loading Video...

Xdone.

Liquid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Liquid_
Member since 2003 • 3832 Posts

grasping again TC.

much butthurt

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By FoxbatAlpha

@John_Matherson said:

Oh it's the self proclaimed thread king. Blow me.

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 John_Matherson
Member since 2013 • 2085 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@John_Matherson said:

Blow you what?

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 FoxbatAlpha

@-Rhett81- said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Enjoy!

If you actually read the full article that you posted and even copy/pasted, you would've noticed that even the writer thinks Sony will be fine. So who's prediction are you actually parading? Yours?

I read that part fine. Were you hoping I didn't read it so you could look clever?

"So this is just someone's prediction................"

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 FoxbatAlpha

@John_Matherson said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@John_Matherson said:

Blow you what?

Don't try to be cute. It isn't your strong point. Go make another thread about Halo and your hatred.

Opus_Rea-333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Opus_Rea-333

@John_Matherson said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@John_Matherson said:

Blow you what?

i feell you, John being a Sony shill for a long time and then watching Japanese developers dumping PS4 to Mobile and 3DS gaming must hurt your Sony Loving testicles.

Muffin2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Muffin2020

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@John_Matherson said:

If he blows you do you promise to stop making threads?

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By FoxbatAlpha

@muffin2020 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@John_Matherson said:

If he blows you do you promise to stop making threads?

Sure. You cows can have all the one sided threads you want then.

-Rhett81-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By -Rhett81-

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@-Rhett81- said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Enjoy!

I read that part fine. Were you hoping I didn't read it so you could look clever?

The article starts off by stating that the numbers are over-inflated, and the author of the article even puts his own doubts on the possibly of Sony "failing." That "someone's prediction" literally says "I think Sony will be fine."

You linked an article that doesn't even support what your "Sony is going bankrupt!" theory suggests.

Aside from your mouth-frothing fanboy preaching, what was the point of this thread?

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#36 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

it would be illegal for M$ to buy out Sony's exclusives.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 FoxbatAlpha

@-Rhett81- said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@-Rhett81- said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Enjoy!

The article starts off by stating that the numbers are over-inflated, and the author of the article even puts his own doubts on the possibly of Sony "failing." That "someone's prediction" literally says "I think Sony will be fine."

You linked an article that doesn't even support what your "Sony is going bankrupt!" theory.

Aside from your mouth-frothing fanboy preaching, what was the point of this thread?

Ahh a real question. First games take a long time to develop. If it takes a company a year to get a game out the door and a company has doom hanging over it, would it make sense to put a game out on that system? I mean what if Sony tanks hard and your development studio is out on its ass now?

The point is could this effect gaming and allow MS to get exclusives easier?

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 FoxbatAlpha

@Joedgabe said:

It wouldn't be illegal to get big titles on board such a the rumored Fallout 4.

Opus_Rea-333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Opus_Rea-333

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@Joedgabe said:

Cows will surely flood Bethesda twitter/forums if a PC/Xbox One Fallout 4 exclusive ever happens.

-Rhett81-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 -Rhett81-

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@-Rhett81- said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@-Rhett81- said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Enjoy!

You linked an article that doesn't even support what your "Sony is going bankrupt!" theory.

Ahh a real question. First games take a long time to develop. If it takes a company a year to get a game out the door and a company has doom hanging over it, would it make sense to put a game out on that system? I mean what if Sony tanks hard and your development studio is out on its ass now?

The point is could this effect gaming and allow MS to get exclusives easier?

But... the article you linked doesn't show Sony as having "doom hanging over it."

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#41 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Oh nowoes! TC has convinced me not to buy a PS4 and instead get a Xbox One. lololols

TheTruthIsREAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By TheTruthIsREAL
Member since 2013 • 813 Posts

Sony takes huge risks and it shows. PlayStation 4 is the shovel that should dig it out of this "junk"

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#43 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

@Opus_Rea-333 said:

they still got a loyal Naughty Dog fanbase, also most japanese devs are leaving Sony.

maybe developing Xbox One exclusives?? only time can tell.

Who are the "most dev japanese devs" that are leaving Sony? Why would they go to MS when the 360 sold abysmally in Japan? Got any evidence or proof to back it up?

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#44 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

Lems are a sad pathetic bunch

lem: "Well, since MS cant beat the power of the PlayStation brand with legit means, lets hope Sony goes to bankruptcy so that MS can take over"

*crosses fingers*

lems are getting desperate

Opus_Rea-333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Opus_Rea-333

@Bigboi500 said:

Oh nowoes! TC has convinced me not to buy a PS4 and instead get a Xbox One. lololols

if you never watched Titanic then get PS4 and watch how Time will sink it.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#46  Edited By Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@Joedgabe said:

It kinda is... it'll be like MC donalds buying out one of the major chicken farm so the competition doesn't get any. You think M$ wouldn't have done it already? ofcouse they would have, if anything they most likely have tried already. If they're willing to spend 400m dollars for some exclusive football deal they surely can throw off maybe even a billion to screw over it's competition. It doesn't matter how you defend M$, they're a serious shady company with power. The best they can get out of it is exclusive content or another exclusive game but not a franchise like this one in order to sabotage the other company. < - that's illegal.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#47  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

I doubt it will happen

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 FoxbatAlpha

@Opus_Rea-333 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@Joedgabe said:

Cows will surely flood Bethesda twitter/forums if a PC/Xbox One Fallout 4 exclusive ever happens.

Kinda like the begging they are doing for Quantum Break too. https://www.change.org/petitions/remedy-to-make-quantum-break-available-for-ps4

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#49  Edited By Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@Opus_Rea-333 said:

@Bigboi500 said:

if you never watched Titanic then get PS4 and watch how Time will sink it.

If you fart in the tub you don't need a jacuzzi.

Avatar image for k1ngd0m4g3rul3z
K1ngd0m4g3rul3z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 K1ngd0m4g3rul3z
Member since 2013 • 179 Posts

@TheTruthIsREAL said:

Sony takes huge risks and it shows. PlayStation 4 is the shovel that should dig it out of this "junk"

How exactly? The console is sold at cost.

Plus Sony is a big company, gaming division is only a fraction.