Sony FY2019 Results - PS4: 13.6m (LTD: 110.4m) / FY19: 2nd best year ever for PlayStation

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

Highlights :

• Over $18.19B Revenue and $2.19B Profit in FY19
    • 2nd best year ever for PlayStation​
    • 2nd biggest Revenue for any platform holder in video game history​
  • Hardware: 13.6m PS4 sold-in during FY19​
  • Software: 245.0m games sold-in during FY19 (not including "download only software titles")
    • 4th highest yearly software sales in video game history
    • PS4 is the only console to have 4 years with more than 200m games sold​
    • PS4 Software LTD passed 1.2B games sold​
    • Q4 reached a record of 59.6m games sold​
      • 4th Q4 straight with over 50m games sold (no other console reached 50m sold during Q4)
  • Software digital ratio during Q4 FY19 (Jan-Mar 2020) : 66%​
    • Highest digital ratio ever for a quarter​
  • PlayStation generated over $108B Revenue and $8.92B Profit since PS4 release​
  • PlayStation Network generated over $51.00B Revenue since FY13​
  • No precise Guidance for FY2020
    • Sony expect about 70% of FY19 Profit for FY20, which gives a FY20 forecast of about ¥167bn Profit ($1.52B)
      • It would be the 4th best Operating Profit ever for PlayStation (while it is a launch year, known to be loss-making)
    • Full FY20 forecast planned for early August (when they will release Q1 Results)

https://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/library/presen/er/pdf/19q4_sonypre.pdf

Oh sony is on fire look at those numbers.

The PS4 is the only console ever selling more than 200 million games for 4 years straight impressive.

110 million units sold,damn they can reach probably 135 or 140 millions when all is say and done.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

Nice! Still not interested in buying one though - movie and anime games aren’t for me.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 tormentos

@Sevenizz said:

Nice! Still not interested in buying one though - movie and anime games aren’t for me.

Yeah sadly there is nothing we can't do about your shitty taste in games.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44060 Posts

Poo Phony... Looks like MS finds itself in a one man race. lol

Wonder if they have any mooaaar buildings left to sell? :P

-----

https://apnews.com/74a8e0174fc0883305f1bad85a3c0d27

Sony’s profits dive as stores, cinemas close during pandemic

By YURI KAGEYAMAMay 13, 2020 GMT

Tokyo-based Sony’s profit in January-March crashed 86% to 12.6 billion yen ($118 million), a fraction of the 87.9 billion yen earned a year ago.

The spread of COVID-19 has crimped consumer spending, shut movie theaters, canceled events and sent share prices falling — all damaging for a company with sprawling businesses like Sony.

Quarterly sales and operating revenue fell a combined 18% to 1.7 trillion yen ($16 billion).

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Sevenizz

@tormentos: You play movie and anime games. Who’s taste is shitty?

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Sevenizz

@SecretPolice: Sony’s non gaming ventures have been doing poorly for decades now. Did you know they made a smartphone at one point?That tanked drastically and sony lost millions.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 tormentos

@SecretPolice said:

-----

Tokyo-based Sony’s profit in January-March crashed 86% to 12.6 billion yen ($118 million), a fraction of the 87.9 billion yen earned a year ago.

The spread of COVID-19 has crimped consumer spending, shut movie theaters, canceled events and sent share prices falling — all damaging for a company with sprawling businesses like Sony.

Quarterly sales and operating revenue fell a combined 18% to 1.7 trillion yen ($16 billion).

Great damage control now how that affect the mighty powerful PS brand?

Which even with a decline and still on a $299 price line had its second best year..😂

@Sevenizz said:

I play GREAT games you play Sea of thieves and crackdown..

I rather play nothing that play that shit.😂

@Sevenizz said:

@SecretPolice: Sony’s non gaming ventures have been doing poorly for decades now. Did you know they made a smartphone at one point?That tanked drastically and sony lost millions.

Yeah because all MS product are HUGE sucess stories right?

The xbox,Zune,bing all distant losers on the market.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Sevenizz

@tormentos: Zune died what, 15 years ago?

Try harder lol.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44060 Posts

@Sevenizz:

Yeah I know but this is Yuuuuuuge..

"Tokyo-based Sony’s profit in January-March crashed 86% to 12.6 billion yen ($118 million), a fraction of the 87.9 billion yen earned a year ago."

Anyhooie, I Herd lol this news before seeing Torms thread here and thought to mahself, huh, he's been having a rough couple of months, perhaps I can help. lolol

J/K with you bit Tormy my friend. :P

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 tdkmillsy  Online
Member since 2003 • 5882 Posts

congrats Sony, hopefully the profits in recent years will help them through difficult times.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45101 Posts

@tormentos said:
@Sevenizz said:

I play GREAT games you play Sea of thieves and crackdown..

I rather play nothing that play that shit.😂

Lol, @Sevenizz has the same canned response whenever someone posts positively about Sony. I guess 110 million people love movie and anime games.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 tormentos

@SecretPolice said:

@Sevenizz:

"Tokyo-based Sony’s profit in January-March crashed 86% to 12.6 billion yen ($118 million), a fraction of the 87.9 billion yen earned a year ago."

Anyhooie, I Herd lol this news before seeing Torms thread here and thought to mahself, huh, he's been having a rough couple of months, perhaps I can help. lolol

I know you always are.

But this remind me of the time when lemmings use to say sony would go bankrupt.😂

@Sevenizz said:

Try harder lol.

Wait so because it die years ago it doesn't matter? Hahahahaaaaaaa

How about Bing and the xbox loss?

Man not every market MS enter is a win for them,they get quite beat up in some markets,hell windows phones another miserable attempt on MS part,as google and Apple chew and spit MS.

Hell Windows phones,Zune and Bing are quite more horrible defeats compare to the PS beating,alto is close on the PS2 generation that was one really big one sided whoop ass.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 tormentos

@SolidGame_basic said:

Lol, @Sevenizz has the same canned response whenever someone posts positively about Sony. I guess 110 million people love movie and anime games.

He is just bitter because he is stock with shit like sea of thieves,crackdown and many other MS failed games.🤣

This thread is already delivering.

@tdkmillsy said:

congrats Sony, hopefully the profits in recent years will help them through difficult times.

🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

It sure is delivering this thread.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#14 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

Amazing Software numbers. Crazy all Sony home consoles except PS3 crosses the 1 billion software sold mark while PS3 last reported 999.4m software sold last year report.

Diverse games library allowed PS to thrive and I hope they can continue this trend for PS5. Can't wait for next gen!

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By tdkmillsy  Online

@tormentos said:
@SecretPolice said:

@Sevenizz:

I know you always are.

But this remind me of the time when lemmings use to say sony would go bankrupt.😂

@Sevenizz said:

Try harder lol.

Wait so because it die years ago it doesn't matter? Hahahahaaaaaaa

How about Bing and the xbox loss?

Man not every market MS enter is a win for them,they get quite beat up in some markets,hell windows phones another miserable attempt on MS part,as google and Apple chew and spit MS.

Hell Windows phones,Zune and Bing are quite more horrible defeats compare to the PS beating,alto is close on the PS2 generation that was one really big one sided whoop ass.

There where articles in the general press claiming Sony could go bankrupt, one even said they had a 70% (ish) chance of it happening (cant remember full details).

They restructured and came back good, but they had a real rough patch and the claims on this forum where fair at the time all be it wrong.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By tormentos

@tdkmillsy said:

There where articles in the general press claiming Sony could go bankrupt, one even said they had a 70% (ish) chance of it happening (cant remember full details).

They restructured and came back good, but they had a real rough patch and the claims on this forum where fair at the time all be it wrong.

Yeah don't believe everything you read from analyst.

Analysis can be just as biased as people in this place,take patcher for example.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 tdkmillsy  Online

@tormentos said:
@tdkmillsy said:

Yeah don't believe everything you read from analyst.

Analysis can be just as biased as people in this place,take patcher for example.

Sony went through a restructure having given investors profit warnings and actually announced they where doing it.

I actually complemented Sony on how well they came back

You simply just want to argue and put people down.

I really don't get it, grow up.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@tormentos: So cows on average only buy 3 (just under) games a year lol. I told you cows spend more time on here talking about games then they do playing them, and we all know you don't even own a PS4 LMFAO.

You would think with the money they're making they could throw you a PS4 that's lying around the office :)

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#19 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12303 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

@tormentos: So cows on average only buy 3 (just under) games a year lol. I told you cows spend more time on here talking about games then they do playing them, and we all know you don't even own a PS4 LMFAO.

You would think with the money they're making they could throw you a PS4 that's lying around the office :)

The average console gamer across the board only plays F2P games or, big budget yearly releases; time and money are a premium for a lot of people. Microsoft themselves continuously point to the decline of F2P revenue as a negative on revenue and profits. lol

On the flip side, Sony has 5x exclusives that have sold over 10M+ this generation. They had 4x between PS1 to PS3. :)

Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Nonstop-Madness

@Sevenizz said:

They still make smartphones ... which tells me you don't actually know much about Sony at all to say things like this ^^^

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11084 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

You fuckers don't buy any games at all. That's why MS had to shovel that bullshit on Game Pass.🤣 Who their right mind would buy a turd like Bleeding Edge at full price? Stay simpin' for Xbox.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

Wow, that's really healthy. No wonder they donated so much money towards covid19 relilef.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#23 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69449 Posts

This is a pick me up thread for the Sony fannies that have been damage controlling the current state of next gen. Isn't that nice. 🤣

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@i_p_daily said:

You fuckers don't buy any games at all. That's why MS had to shovel that bullshit on Game Pass.🤣 Who their right mind would buy a turd like Bleeding Edge at full price? Stay simpin' for Xbox.

Not even 3 gamer per year, wtf do you cows do with them, use them as roach breeding boxes lol...

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45101 Posts

@Pedro said:

This is a pick me up thread for the Sony fannies that have been damage controlling the current state of next gen. Isn't that nice. 🤣

Ironic

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3416 Posts

@Sevenizz: you gave this same shitty response in like 4 threads already...

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 tormentos

@Pedro:

What is the current state of next gen exactly?

Avatar image for deactivated-5efed3ebc2180
deactivated-5efed3ebc2180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-5efed3ebc2180
Member since 2006 • 923 Posts

@tormentos said:

Smoke, mirrors and bunch of bullshit...

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

@Sevenizz said:

I mean, its pointless to go buy PS4 now for this year to say the least and might as well wait for PS5 since its now BC with PS4 games. Not directly at you sevenizz (well sort of) but for anyone who hasn't own a PS4.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

All this revenue and only 9.2tflop in their next gen system? Very greedy of them.

WhatAFailure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By WhatAFailure
Member since 2017 • 608 Posts
@Pedro said:

Not sure what you're talking about. Next-gen is looking good. I'm not seeing the "imminent disaster" you're talking about. The hardware will be decently powerful (roughly the equivalent of a RTX 2080, if not more?), the SSD streaming sounds incredible, and Sony established new successful IPs like Horizon and Spider-Man that will have many successful sequels, and whatever Naughty Dog next-gen game and God of War game on the PS5 will be a stunner.

Is this the tired game where Lemmings take something good and spin it around into something bad using limited words like "damage control"? Also, you're buying a PS5 the same way you bought a PS4. Maybe that's damage controlling, since the Xbox One was woefully insufficient when it came to games, genres and consumer satisfaction.

@tormentos said:

@Pedro:

His post doesn't even make sense. In order to damage control, something disastrous must happen or be looming on the horizon for Sony next-gen. And yet he provides no specifics about what is going to cause disaster or failure. Damage control means you're trying to hide or deflect attention away from bad things brewing. Where are the bad things?

Something tells me that he doesn't even know how to use the words 'damage control' despite being on these forums since 2002.

WhatAFailure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By WhatAFailure
Member since 2017 • 608 Posts

In this thread: Lies the Lemmings Tell You

• Not all Sony games are movie games or anime games. Look at the Top 20 sellers lists, or what is most popular every month on PSN and sale time. And just because a game has cinematics doesn't mean it has no gameplay. You get excited over Gears of War and played GTAIV and GTAV with tons of cinematics. You are happy Hellblade 2 is exclusive, and are happy Sony lost exclusivity to games like Heavy Rain and Detroit Become Human. I guess when it's on the PS4 you call it "movie game", but when it's on your system you call it "good interactive entertainment." I call it desperate double standards.
  • Sony gamers buy way more than 3 games. Remember, there's also PS+ games and lots of sales going on throughout the year (Sony arguably has better sales than MS and Nintendo and more frequent ones). I bet even Lemmings buy more than 3 games on their lonely machine. Why would Sony gamers buy less and yet sell way more? Think about it, you.
  • "Sony gamers are damage controlling and worried about next-gen". Where is this occurring? What is there to be worried about? If you're still on about the power difference, that is nothing. Leave it to the same group of people who said Sony would be doomed because no true 4K and no UHD player. Turns out their own console sold even worse than Sony's. They warned us like they were sages, and yet they flopped even harder themselves. Interesting...
ThatDBFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#33 ThatDBFan
Member since 2019 • 939 Posts

Lol we all know OP thanks God every day for news of Sony selling well.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

All this revenue and only 9.2tflop in their next gen system? Very greedy of them.

But but that Epic tech demo was so freaking good!!!

That's the power of the almighty SSD inside! Can you believe it, next-gen console is almost here.

ThatDBFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#35 ThatDBFan
Member since 2019 • 939 Posts
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@i_p_daily said:

I don't know, why don't you ask the people who paid full price for a game like Days Gone?

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#36 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11270 Posts

@Nonstop-Madness: Which five ?

Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Nonstop-Madness
@Mozelleple112 said:

@Nonstop-Madness: Which five ?

Uncharted 4, Horizon, God of War, Spiderman and TLOU Remastered. GT Sport is pretty close too; 8M about a year ago.

It's fair to say TLOU2 will very likely hit that number as well.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10613 Posts

@Sevenizz:

Well going by reviews AND sales......

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10613 Posts

@i_p_daily:

How many "good" games does MS gets a year?

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

I hope they use that cash to fund more than just 3rd person action adventure games next gen :/

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#41 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

-----

thread closed after 1 post.

hahahahahahahahahaha