Sony fucked up with ps3, Nintendo with Gamecube/WII U, M$ with Xbone. Can M$ return to X360 glory?

• 53 results
AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@AzatiS said:

Sony never fucked up with any console as Nintendo did with Wii U/Gc and MS with X1. PS3 never dumped and left with no exclusives, new AAA ips, sales were ok ( end up having 80-90million, you cant say this a fail by all means ), all multis always on system. You can talk about VITA if you wanna talk about a Sonys fail.

Exactly. At worst Playstation was blind sided with the PS3 and had a tough beginning. I give Sony props for keeping their composure and not dropping their pants and running after the competition. They never shit on their user base to catch sales, they brought it back and turned the PS3 into a great console.

The Xbox One shows what M$ will do if they're caught in a tough position, and it's shitty. They dropped everything and the bloody exclusives and it was in vein because they're no where near Sony. So in the end, they would have been better off catering to a smaller but solid user base for the gen and they would have kept their fans. And they could have gradually re-grown that. Playstation and Nintendo know that sometimes you have to do that and think of the long term. Where as the way M$ handled this, I'm done with them permanently.

Nintendo has had a tough time finding themselves since Playstation came out, but sometimes it's their fault, they make stupid hardware decisions. GC Controller, disc capacity. Wii too much emphasis on motion and super poor GPU, Wii U poor CPU etc. Sure the Wii sold, but I don't think it did as well as it could with the regular games. I bought a lot of games for it, but yeah preferences and all...

+1

Phreek300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 Phreek300
Member since 2007 • 672 Posts

The PS3 was no failure by any stretch. It had a rough start for sure. It being 600 for the exotic hardware. The IP's that have been added to the library made it great. It caught up to the 360 thanks to the RROD and focus on Kinect. We all know how that turned out now don't we...

Diddies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#53 Diddies
Member since 2007 • 2415 Posts

@jahnee said:

So each company f*%#ed up to a certain degree with one of their console iterations. What kind of well formulated strategy must Microsoft implement to restore the Xbox brand to more than what it is now? Once sales pick up on a console there will be a lot of third party developers automatically chipping in to create exclusives or at least timed exclusives for that given console.

Here are some things I believe would carry the brand further. For starters I believe 'Xbox 2' would be the best name to use; A second chance for the brand if u will. Furthermore I own an Xbox one X myself and I do believe it's a fantastic console, but there is a missing software identity with the console the other two behemoths don't have. Sure it's unique game subscriptions are still the best but Sony is catching up. It's current OS looks more like an entire sales market than actually a flavored and spiced up style geared towards it's brand. Also the X1X console is the most powerful at the moment and that is exactly what the next Xbox brand should be about; The most power for the same price or less. Besides that the flagship franchises are scarce and have degraded into AA quality most of the time.

Competition is healthy so try to evade narcissistic fanboy-ism responses and instead try to intricately elaborate what Microsoft can possibly do with the Xbox brand to pickup it's popularity again to the peak or better of the Xbox 360 era?

PS3 was not a fail. It had a rocky start due to the price point, but delivered in exclusives. It made up for it when the price dropped and still delivered exclusives.

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#54 henrythefifth
Member since 2016 • 2502 Posts

Thats a hard question to answer.

360 ruled because it had superior hardware to run games. And it was cheaper too! PS3 had better exclusives, but 360 still dominated.

So, for the next Xbox to rule, it should be more powerful than PS5, and lot more cheaper. If it was that, even I would buy it instead of PS5.

Also keep in mind that MS lost lot of money and street cred with the rubbish Xbox, yet they managed to produce the brill 360! So, even tho Ms has now lost money on Xbone and X1X, they could still make one heck of a console if they reallly wanted, to compete with PS5.

The bottom line is, the next Xbox could be better than PS5. You never know! We live in exciting times!