Sony exclusives dropping in quality

• 81 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Puggy301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#51 Puggy301
Member since 2003 • 202 Posts

I'll tell you what actually has dropped in quality....the threads in this forum.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@CloudStrife213 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Since when are scores in the 80 bad? This thread is sad....

Nobody said it was bad, it's just that it is apparent from review scores that the games are not getting as much praise as before. Using review scores as a gauge, then it is true that the games are actually decreasing in quality, especially if you use Metacritic. For example: jumps from a Metacritic score of 90+ to 70+ does denote a huge decrease in quality.

Likewise, if you look at recent releases, there has been a gradual decrease in scores compared to predecessor games, except for Naughty Dog's The Last of Us.

That means nothing...what are the variables? Have review scores changed? Reviewers? Criteria? Really reviews are only opinions and how something is scored is just that. Plus, review sites might overhaul how they score...did not GS just do that? Of course, they won't go in and change the older game reviews to be compatible....so if I score games higher at one point in time it may seem to skew the games as lesser when in reality all I did was make it harder to achieve those scores vis a vis how I want to review. See what I mean?

CloudStrife213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By CloudStrife213
Member since 2006 • 430 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

@CloudStrife213 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Nobody said it was bad, it's just that it is apparent from review scores that the games are not getting as much praise as before. Using review scores as a gauge, then it is true that the games are actually decreasing in quality, especially if you use Metacritic. For example: jumps from a Metacritic score of 90+ to 70+ does denote a huge decrease in quality.

Likewise, if you look at recent releases, there has been a gradual decrease in scores compared to predecessor games, except for Naughty Dog's The Last of Us.

That means nothing...what are the variables? Have review scores changed? Reviewers? Criteria? Really reviews are only opinions and how something is scored is just that. Plus, review sites might overhaul how they score...did not GS just do that? Of course, they won't go in and change the older game reviews to be compatible....so if I score games higher at one point in time it may seem to skew the games as lesser when in reality all I did was make it harder to achieve those scores vis a vis how I want to review. See what I mean?

It is true that reviews are only opinions, but it does say a lot about the quality of a game if everybody says the same thing about a game, and everybody gives it about the same score. That is what Metacritic is for, less bias as it is a collation of reviews, and it results in a single score that can help a person decide whether to buy the game or not.

If you have taken statistics, you would know that the bigger the population you survey, the less bias there is, and the more accurate the results.

I know you are a Sony fanboy, and you are trying to rationalize, but the numbers do speak volumes. As I have posted earlier in this thread, using Metacritic scores, both Sony and Microsoft exclusives(consoles) have dropped in quality except for Naughty Dog's game, the Last of Us.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#54  Edited By Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

I personally feel like that already happened for the last gen. There wasn't really anything from them that really hit it home for me outside of inFAMOUS and Ratchet and Clank a Crack in Time.

The rest of their stuff was either really mediocre or was just simply outclassed by a lot of other games on the market.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 LJS9502_basic

@CloudStrife213 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@CloudStrife213 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

It is true that reviews are only opinions, but it does say a lot about the quality of a game if everybody says the same thing about a game, and everybody gives it about the same score. That is what Metacritic is for, less bias as it is a collation of reviews, and it results in a single score that can help a person decide whether to buy the game or not.

If you have taken statistics, you would know that the bigger the population you survey, the less bias there is, and the more accurate the results.

I know you are a Sony fanboy, and you are trying to rationalize, but the numbers do speak volumes. As I have posted earlier in this thread, using Metacritic scores, both Sony and Microsoft exclusives(consoles) have dropped in quality except for Naughty Dog's game, the Last of Us.

I have taken stats dude don't assume. I have a business degree.....

Sony fanboy? You know nothing. Because I'm disgusted with some of things MS tried to do/did this gen does not a Sony fanboy make. I have not made the leap to this new gen yet.....build a PC instead...will get a Wii U though soon, and a PS4 when it gets game. Jury is out on the X1. They have to have a compelling reason for me to get their console. Last gen most of the games I got for the 360 were multi plats. They need a price drop as well. That is not to say I won't pick it up at some point. If the price is right and they have some games for me....it will sit next to the PS4.

Nonetheless this gen aside....I have all Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, and Sega (my favorite.....proud fanboy of Sega)....consoles. So stop trying to label everyone that disagrees with you. It's childish.

As for reviews.....8(or 80) is good. Period....ridiculous to play otherwise. Also ridiculous to form an opinion this early.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#56 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@KillzoneSnake said:

Everything is dropping in quality. Its gaming in general. You look at Killzone 2 and it was so awesome, 91 metacritic, praised by the hardcore community... and then we have Shadow Fall... more casual.. ADS... DLC for everything...no features... gamers are ruining gaming by buying all these casual games.. COD, TitanFail, and all the DLC junk released for it. Why didnt more people buy the hardcore vanquish instead of the high selling noob games? :( now there is no Vanquish 2, but instead we will have Ass Creed 7 8 9 and 10. Good graphics, bad games. I think hermits should complain more since quake, thief, wolfenstein are no longer good, even crysis went from nothing special to horrible. At least on PS4 there are some good games coming...

keep preaching!

CloudStrife213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By CloudStrife213

@LJS9502_basic said:

@CloudStrife213 said:

I have taken stats dude don't assume. I have a business degree.....

Sony fanboy? You know nothing. Because I'm disgusted with some of things MS tried to do/did this gen does not a Sony fanboy make. I have not made the leap to this new gen yet.....build a PC instead...will get a Wii U though soon, and a PS4 when it gets game. Jury is out on the X1. They have to have a compelling reason for me to get their console. Last gen most of the games I got for the 360 were multi plats. They need a price drop as well. That is not to say I won't pick it up at some point. If the price is right and they have some games for me....it will sit next to the PS4.

Nonetheless this gen aside....I have all Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, and Sega (my favorite.....proud fanboy of Sega)....consoles. So stop trying to label everyone that disagrees with you. It's childish.

As for reviews.....8(or 80) is good. Period....ridiculous to play otherwise. Also ridiculous to form an opinion this early.

You have taken Statistics and have a business degree, but can't see how useful Metacritic is when defining a game's quality? How quaint.

Judging from your previous posts, you are a Sony fanboy. Even before you disagreed with me, I've always labeled you as such. Where did I say that 8 or 80 was bad? You are clearly dodging the argument, my argument and the TC's argument was that the review scores of Sony games have been dropping, especially when using Metacritic.

Where did I say that an 8 or 80 was bad? Quit assuming. So an 80 is better than a 90 now? Can't you understand what a decrease in quality means?

The argument is about a decrease in quality not what defines a quality game.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#58 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@Puggy301 said:

I'll tell you what actually has dropped in quality....the threads in this forum.

they are all based on neogaf's though.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@CloudStrife213 said:

You have taken Statistics and have a business degree, but can't see how useful Metacritic is when defining a game's quality? How quaint.

Judging from your previous posts, you are a Sony fanboy. Where did I say that 8 or 80 was bad? You are clearly dodging the argument, my argument and the TC's argument was that the review scores of Sony games have been dropping, especially when using Metacritic.

Where did I say that an 8 or 80 was bad? Quit assuming. So an 80 is better than a 90 now? Can't you understand what a decrease in quality means?

Nice straw man there dude. I didn't mention anything in regard to whether or not Metacritic is useful.

Judging from your previous posts you are a butt hurt lem that can't deal with any criticism. I haven't praised Sony at all. I haven't hated MS at all.....I was disgusted with the company after E3. Whether I buy an X1 or not has ZERO to do with Sony and everything to do with MS. It's their game to win or lose. I don't buy a brand just because it's the brand. I need to see a viable reason.

Where did I say you said anything about 8/80? Do you always talk out of your ass?

And here is where your critical thinking fails you. As I said....STATISTICALLY one has to consider all variables before forming a conclusion. You failed to do that.

CloudStrife213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By CloudStrife213

@LJS9502_basic said:

@CloudStrife213 said:

Judging from your previous posts, you are a Sony fanboy. Where did I say that 8 or 80 was bad? You are clearly dodging the argument, my argument and the TC's argument was that the review scores of Sony games have been dropping, especially when using Metacritic.

Nice straw man there dude. I didn't mention anything in regard to whether or not Metacritic is useful.

Judging from your previous posts you are a butt hurt lem that can't deal with any criticism. I haven't praised Sony at all. I haven't hated MS at all.....I was disgusted with the company after E3. Whether I buy an X1 or not has ZERO to do with Sony and everything to do with MS. It's their game to win or lose. I don't buy a brand just because it's the brand. I need to see a viable reason.

Where did I say you said anything about 8/80? Do you always talk out of your ass?

And here is where your critical thinking fails you. As I said....STATISTICALLY one has to consider all variables before forming a conclusion. You failed to do that.

The moment you used that 8/10 argument as a reply to me in a post, then I can say that you are clearly dodging the topic and using it as an argument against me, even though it had nothing to do with what I said.

There is still no rebuttal from you with regards to the metacritic scores of the games decreasing. As I have shown, the Metacritic scores are decreasing.What more variables do you need, all you need is a large population of gaming critics. I do not have access to all these variables, but one can immediately conclude that the results of the Metacritic scores are the results of all these variables. As I have said before, the larger the population, the more accurate the results.

As for me being a lem, no I am not. As you can see that I have even pointed out how Microsoft's exclusives have dropped in quality, and I have stated for a fact that I am never going to buy an Xbox One, and that the PS4 is my console of choice.

But the blindness of cows as evidenced by you has got to be one of the prime reasons I have so much disdain against Sony fanboys.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 LJS9502_basic

@CloudStrife213 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@CloudStrife213 said:

The moment you used that 8/10 argument as a reply to me in a post, then I can say that you are clearly dodging the topic and using it as an argument against me, even though it had nothing to do with what I said.

There is still no rebuttal from you with regards to the metacritic scores of the games decreasing. As I have shown, the Metacritic scores are decreasing.What more variables do you need, all you need is a large population of gaming critics. I do not have access to all these variables, but one can immediately conclude that the results of the Metacritic scores are the results of all these variables. As I have said before, the larger the population, the more accurate the results.

As for me being a lem, no I am not. As you can see that I have even pointed out how Microsoft's exclusives have dropped in quality, and I have stated for a fact that I am never going to buy an Xbox One, and that the PS4 is my console of choice.

But the blindness of cows as evidenced by you has got to be one of the prime reasons I have so much disdain against Sony fanboys.

I dodged nothing. People in here posted scores in the 80 range...which is comparative to 8/10. But my comment stands as it's mentioned in this thread.

It appears critical thinking is NOT your strong suit. I mentioned variables because they should be accounted for before forming an opinion. NOT after...before. A few sites even changing their procedure will skew the results. That is why statistics have a +/-...there is always room for error. Doesn't matter the size of the population there is always a bit % built in for error. Next time don't sleep through stats class.

As I suspected...you cannot form an adult argument without resorting to the name calling. My posts in here had nothing at all to do with Sony's scores. I was making a general comment on variables.....though I doubt you can understand that. You want to stereotype everyone you meet. Bigot.

CloudStrife213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By CloudStrife213

@LJS9502_basic said:

@CloudStrife213 said:

I dodged nothing. People in here posted scores in the 80 range...which is comparative to 8/10. But my comment stands as it's mentioned in this thread.

It appears critical thinking is NOT your strong suit. I mentioned variables because they should be accounted for before forming an opinion. NOT after...before. A few sites even changing their procedure will skew the results. That is why statistics have a +/-...there is always room for error. Doesn't matter the size of the population there is always a bit % built in for error. Next time don't sleep through stats class.

As I suspected...you cannot form an adult argument without resorting to the name calling. My posts in here had nothing at all to do with Sony's scores. I was making a general comment on variables.....though I doubt you can understand that. You want to stereotype everyone you meet. Bigot.

It's funny how you assume that a decrease in scores in Metacritic can only mean a change in variables,criteria,reviewers, etc. but not a decrease in the quality of the games itself. And you quickly say that it does not mean anything that the review scores have dropped, how can you assume that it's only a change in variables but not a drop in quality of the games? Unfortunately, I'm afraid you are the one who lacks critical thinking skills.

There is always a % built of error, but as I have said, the larger the population the more accurate the results, unfortunately you don't know that because you slept through stats class. Never did I say that there wasn't any room for statistical error, and now you quickly assume that I slept through statistics class. The fact that you can't understand the significance of review scores being collated into a single score with a large sample size of reviewers means a lack of critical thinking skills in your part.

Also, judging from your post count, I think it's better that I end the argument now, lest I'll be bombarded with drivel, I do have better things to do aside from staying in the forums all day.

hehe101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#63 hehe101
Member since 2011 • 734 Posts

I think so

Bishop1310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Bishop1310
Member since 2007 • 1274 Posts

Infamous SS's visuals are amazing, pretty game.. the game play is very bland now for me. I'm having a hard time staying interested enough to finish the game.. I will of course finish it but so far it's been meh... a little disappointing because I was really hoping it would get me playing the ps4 more often.

PinkieWinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 PinkieWinkie
Member since 2006 • 1454 Posts

@Bishop1310: Considering how pro-MS your posts are this isn't really surprising.

Gameplay definitely wasn't boring to me. Going through my second playthrough now and its even better playing evil. Oh well different strokes

jake44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#66 jake44
Member since 2003 • 2085 Posts

@hardyz200 said:

Has the quality of sony exclusive games lately ( excluding the last of us) dropped in quality and been reviewed poorly. I remember them before 2013 averaging around 8.5-9.5/10 in review sites but lately ive seen games such as killzone shadowfall, beyond two souls, knack for examples getting 5-7.5/10

2013 was a strong year for Sony. It's to early in 2014 to make claims one way or the other.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#67 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@freedomfreak said:
@blackace said:

@lostrib said:

Well Infamous just released with an 81 on MC

Thanks for reminding me, I need to pick up my copy on the way home. Leaving work now. Woohoo!! Time for some Infamous SS.

Good to see a real gamer in this place. You're what I would describe as the ultimate manticore.

Cows will still call me a lem. I got my game. Can't play it until tonight. Wife & child were watching TV last night. Sigh...

Skyz_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#68 Skyz_
Member since 2014 • 56 Posts

Don't think the quality has dropped that much, just expectations are higher.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#69  Edited By RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

Sonys first party studios have always been overrated. Don't let the unbearable mooing from cows make you think any differently.

The only great thing from Sony is Naughty Dog.

Ive said it all along but Sony having zero money is definitely gonna effect their games. So far, they've produced garbage. Infamous is scraping by with an 80 on meta ... how long before its 79 LOL and that was was meant to be the big PS4 system seller?

They're laying off developers. Theyre cancelling new IPs. They're delaying games. They closed a ton of studios at the end of last gen. They're chasing cheap indies now instead of funding AAA blockbuster games. Cows are gonna feel real buyers remorse when we start to see blockbuster exclusives launching on the XOne whilst the PS4 gets God of War HD Super Compilation Number 7 and a shit load of 30 minute long indies no one gives a **** about.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Is Sony exclusives dropping in quality? No. Is MS exclusives dropping in quality? No. Why Sony exclusives aren't dropping in quality? Because TLOU and infamous SS was released. Why MS exclusives aren't dropping in quality? Because MS has no exclusives.

sora16perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By sora16perfect
Member since 2007 • 730 Posts

I'm honestly starting to believe that they're just held at a higher standard. It seems like most ps exclusives to come out since 2009 has been nit picked to hell and back.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts

@RR360DD said:

Sonys first party studios have always been overrated. Don't let the unbearable mooing from cows make you think any differently.

The only great thing from Sony is Naughty Dog.

Ive said it all along but Sony having zero money is definitely gonna effect their games. So far, they've produced garbage. Infamous is scraping by with an 80 on meta ... how long before its 79 LOL and that was was meant to be the big PS4 system seller?

They're laying off developers. Theyre cancelling new IPs. They're delaying games. They closed a ton of studios at the end of last gen. They're chasing cheap indies now instead of funding AAA blockbuster games. Cows are gonna feel real buyers remorse when we start to see blockbuster exclusives launching on the XOne whilst the PS4 gets God of War HD Super Compilation Number 7 and a shit load of 30 minute long indies no one gives a **** about.

God of War, Gran Turismo are still two of the biggest games in their genres in terms of sales and scores. Sony have brought the biggest new IPs last gen on console and no doubt they'll do the same this gen. What about LBP that's a 95? So there goes your "only ND are good from Sony" theory.

If Infamous is garbage at 80 what does that make all the X1 exclusives? There's literally nothing that's scored higher so you're being a hypocrite given the way you've hyped those X1 titles.

They've cancelled one new IP, MS did the same with Black Tusk, again hypocritical.

Delaying a game and putting more dev time and money into it? Errrm surely they'd just rush it out like MS did with their titles to save money? What you've said makes zero sense.

They are funding AAA games given they've expanded all their major studios, i know GG and ND are up to two teams, Sony Bend are making something, The Order's devs must have been expanded since they were on handhelds before. MS shut studios just the same, if a studio isn't doing well then tough luck, you see the same from both sides.

What blockbuster Xbox One exclusives? Nothing's scored above 80 critically and they sure haven't been pushing console sales, heck they had to give Forza away in Europe.

So there you have it, nothing you've said is true and you sir, are a hypocrite.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@CloudStrife213 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

It's funny how you assume that a decrease in scores in Metacritic can only mean a change in variables,criteria,reviewers, etc. but not a decrease in the quality of the games itself. And you quickly say that it does not mean anything that the review scores have dropped, how can you assume that it's only a change in variables but not a drop in quality of the games? Unfortunately, I'm afraid you are the one who lacks critical thinking skills.

There is always a % built of error, but as I have said, the larger the population the more accurate the results, unfortunately you don't know that because you slept through stats class. Never did I say that there wasn't any room for statistical error, and now you quickly assume that I slept through statistics class. The fact that you can't understand the significance of review scores being collated into a single score with a large sample size of reviewers means a lack of critical thinking skills in your part.

Also, judging from your post count, I think it's better that I end the argument now, lest I'll be bombarded with drivel, I do have better things to do aside from staying in the forums all day.

I assumed nothing. I just said that making the statement in the OP doesn't take variables into account which may exist. But by all means go through life without questioning anything. That will serve you well.

Drivel? The only person posting drivel is you. Nothing wrong with my post count...but oh yeah....you don't use logic or critical thinking. You just assume. Hypocrite.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

Knowing that TLOU won the most GOTY awards than any other video game in the histiry of video games and it released in 2013...

I have to say lol.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#75 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

@Infinite_Access said:

@speedfreak48t5p: 2 of your 3 examples were launch titles... and one was basically a weird experiment. lol.

Uncharted was a launch title and averaged about a 7 or 8 I believe.

Uncharted was not a launch title.

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#76 ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts

@hardyz200 said:

Has the quality of sony exclusive games lately ( excluding the last of us) dropped in quality and been reviewed poorly. I remember them before 2013 averaging around 8.5-9.5/10 in review sites but lately ive seen games such as killzone shadowfall, beyond two souls, knack for examples getting 5-7.5/10

and Ryse, Killer Instinct and DR3 were AAA GOTY material right?? Heck even the almighty Titanfall, non exclusive mind you has a Metacritic player score of like 6.7 or something!!!

Prawephet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Prawephet
Member since 2014 • 385 Posts

@evildead6789: When you're a scrub and play games on easy mode, all games have shit ai. Speaking of shit ai, how's that cloud based ai in Titanfall? Oh yeah, 1 person can mop the floor with 20 of them without so much as being touched.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@prawephet said:

@evildead6789: When you're a scrub and play games on easy mode, all games have shit ai. Speaking of shit ai, how's that cloud based ai in Titanfall? Oh yeah, 1 person can mop the floor with 20 of them without so much as being touched.

I played it on hard, sony's exlusives are a joke.

Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#79 Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

Don't know and don't care. I play games and not their scores or sales.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By commander

@casharmy said:

Knowing that TLOU won the most GOTY awards than any other video game in the histiry of video games and it released in 2013...

I have to say lol.

It's like the best selling...

Pop culture doesn't mean it's always good, especially with so many morons that walk the planet

Besides, these games only score well with playstation fans, that's normal they have nothing else like a pc for instance

Prawephet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Prawephet
Member since 2014 • 385 Posts

@evildead6789: I have troubles believing that. While games have gotten easier than they used to be, that is similar across all consoles and ips.

Why you're choosing to single out Sony is beyond me. I've done halo on hardest difficulties without trouble as well.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By commander

@prawephet said:

@evildead6789: I have troubles believing that. While games have gotten easier than they used to be, that is similar across all consoles and ips.

Why you're choosing to single out Sony is beyond me. I've done halo on hardest difficulties without trouble as well.

It isn't about as hard it is , eighties games could hardly be beaten and they had the simplest AI.

What bothers me with sony's exlusives is that they have nice stories, nice production values, even good gameplay, but the AI of the enemies always distorts the immersion, I don't feel like i'm in that virtual world, while I have that with other games. Not all of them of course, there are other gamers that have the same or other problems.

Having said that, I don't care for xbox 's exclusives either. Not because of the AI, i just don't like em in general. Exclusives are a thing of the past imo. If a game is really good it's ported to all systems.