drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

Well deserved. I still wonder what gaming would be like today if Sony and Nintendo had signed that deal.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@tormentos said:
@zeeshanhaider said:

Yes, it's! In the latest news after MS Sony also started testing waters of games as a service and started putting their non-games on PC. Not to mention consoles are nowhere near sells as much as they used to during gen 7.

Now only Nintendo is left and console gaming can finally be dead. Wooooooooooooooooooooooo! Can't wait to see the world free of Sony drones.

19 BILLIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNSSSSSSSSSSS...

IN 1 YEARRRRR....

Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa but but but consoles are dying...lol

Nintendo going out of the hardware business mean shit moron,since the console market started many have gone out,Atari and Sega being 2 of the biggest,that is what happen when you say shit without thinking first..lol

If the market was dead because 1 big console maker left it would have die years ago,Atari left in the mid 90's..lol

LOL, quite the contrary. Nintendo is the one holding out the longest when Sony and MS both have started exploring the waters of games as a service. LMAO!

No matter, how you spin it, consoles sales are going down while PC sales are increasing.

Wooooooooooooo!!!!!!!! Consoles are dying and eve Sony caught the wind. I gave them 2 years but seems like they have thrown the towel all too early.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

Sony definitely took advantage of the xbone mishap. They delivered more of the type of console people wanted. Now lets see how scorpio changes things if at all

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By BobRossPerm
Member since 2015 • 2886 Posts
@zeeshanhaider said:

On Topic, great to see console gaming dying.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/nioh-ps4/

''Only On PlayStation®''

Nioh is a dark, samurai-centric, action RPG developed by
Koei Tecmo Games exclusively for the PlayStation®4 platform.

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 BobRossPerm

@zeeshanhaider: The Wii was the reason consoles were selling faster as a whole last generation. But we all know that was useless to the AAA industry as a whole beacuse no one was developing for the Wii, just the PS3 and 360. So as far as AAA development is concerned, the PS4 and Xbox One are severly outpacing the PS3 and 360. Franchises are selling faster this gen than last gen on consoles. Fallout 4 is already almost at 8 million on PS4, what took Skyrim half a gen to achieve on 360, and Fallout 3 was way behind that.

Keep in mind we are only 3.5 years into the generation, and PS4 has already raked up more than 400 million software sales. That's not a product of a dying market, no matter how you spin it. It's attach rate is higher than the PS2.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 zeeshanhaider

@bobrossperm said:
@zeeshanhaider said:

''Only On PlayStation®''

Both these titles were sold as Only on Playstation before appearing on Steam. Furthermore, Nioh was first announced as a console exclusive title which was later corrected because of the timed deal.

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By BobRossPerm
@zeeshanhaider said:
@bobrossperm said:
@zeeshanhaider said:

''Only On PlayStation®''

Both these titles were sold as Only on Playstation before appearing on Steam. Furthermore, Nioh was first announced as a console exclusive title which was later corrected because of the timed deal.

Everybody's gone to rapture was origionally going to be a PC exclusive. Sony bought the IP, and decided to later port it to the PC. Helldivers is also a Sony IP they decided to port to PC.

Nioh could indeed go to PC, but it would be entirely Sony's call.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By zeeshanhaider

@bobrossperm said:

@zeeshanhaider: The Wii was the reason consoles were selling faster as a whole last generation. But we all know that was useless to the AAA industry as a whole beacuse no one was developing for the Wii, just the PS3 and 360. So as far as AAA development is concerned, the PS4 and Xbox One are severly outpacing the PS3 and 360. Franchises are selling faster this gen than last gen on consoles. Fallout 4 is already almost at 8 million on PS4, what took Skyrim half a gen to achieve on 360, and Fallout 3 was way behind that.

Keep in mind we are only 3.5 years into the generation, and PS4 has already raked up more than 400 million software sales. That's not a product of a dying market, no matter how you spin it. It's attach rate is higher than the PS2.

LOL no, even if we remove Wii from the equation both 360 and PS3 sold at least 160M units between themselves alone. Good luck getting to that no. And no, X1 is not outpacing PS3 or 360 anymore, it might be true in the beginning of the gen but not anymore otherwise MS would be shouting from the top of their lungs how successful X1 is compared to 360.

And no. franchises aren't selling anywhere near the level they use to at the time of gen 7. Gears, Halo, CoD, AC, Tomb Raider etc all selling way lower. Most big budget productions last generations were easily breaking 5M on consoles and now the game make headlines even if it sells 1M+.

I have said it before and I have said it again, those 60M+ PS4 sales are not the indication of a growing market especially when two other console manufacturers are almost on the verge of giving up. It was a bubble that sold those PS4's and the market is already pretty much saturated. The casuals went to mobile and hardcore to PC this gen. Good luck getting any of them back. Having said all that I haven't even begin on the death of handheld market. As technology advance more and more there will be less and less need for a console.

And no matter how you spin in console sales both in software and hardware are actually decreasing compared to PC gaming which is rising on both fronts.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By zeeshanhaider

@bobrossperm said:
@zeeshanhaider said:
@bobrossperm said:
@zeeshanhaider said:

''Only On PlayStation®''

Everybody's gone to rapture was origionally going to be a PC exclusive. Sony bought the IP, and decided to later port it to the PC. Helldivers is also a Sony IP they decided to port to PC.

Nioh could indeed go to PC, but it would be entirely Sony's call.

It will be KT's call. And I don't see how it contradicts my point at all.

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 BobRossPerm
@zeeshanhaider said:
@bobrossperm said:

LOL no, even if we remove Wii from the equation both 360 and PS3 sold at least 160M units between themselves alone. Good luck getting to that no. And no, X1 is not outpacing PS3 or 360 anymore, it might be true in the beginning of the gen but not anymore otherwise MS would be shouting from the top of their lungs how successful X1 is compared to 360.

And no. franchises aren't selling anywhere near the level they use to at the time of gen 7. Gears, Halo, CoD, AC, Tomb Raider etc all selling way lower. Most big budget productions last generations were easily breaking 5M on consoles and now the game make headlines even if it sells 1M+.

I have said it before and I have said it again, those 60M+ PS4 sales are not the indication of a growing market especially when two other console manufacturers are almost on the verge of giving up. It was a bubble that sold those PS4's and the market is already pretty much saturated. The casuals went to mobile and hardcore to PC this gen. Good luck getting any of them back. Having said all that I haven't even begin on the death of handheld market. As technology advance more and more there will be less and less need for a console.

And no matter how you spin in console sales both in software and hardware are actually decreasing compared to PC gaming which is rising on both fronts.

I mean, I'd concede in saying that the Xbox One probably won't sell 85 million units, since the PS4 is consistantly selling 2x or more than the Xbox One. That would leave the PS4's total sales at 170 million by the end of it's production and that's just not going to happen. But I see the PS4 doing 100M+ lifetime. 70M+ by the end of 2017. And the Xbox One at roughly half that, so 160 million across both isn't exactly a pipe dream.

As for Halo and Gears, the reason for the decline is because Xbox as a whole is declining. The same thing happened to Sony exclusives in gen 7. Hardly any **** bought them until Uncharted 2 released. MS just need to make sure their next mainline Xbox console has positive mindshare and they'l be better than ever. The PS4 after the PS3 was proof of this concept. COD and AC is franchise fatigue. It started to happen in 2013 honestly. But if you check somewhere like VGChartz, the estimates for many franchises have the PS4 sku as the highest selling sku in the franchises history just 3.5 years into the consoles life.

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=fifa

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=just+cause

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=fallout

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=the+witcher

Those games will go on to sell even more throughout the generation. The Xbox One for it's time on the market is selling more software than the 360, or as much. Though I suspect that will change soon, but it will be no slouch.

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By BobRossPerm
@zeeshanhaider said:

Thing is, nothing is stopping any game from coming to PC. Nioh may well come to PC, as well as Yakuza 6, Persona 5. But until there's word on it, it's a PS4 exlusive. Just like Cities Skylines was a PC exclusive as far as SW was concerned. Now it's coming to Xbox One, and nothing is stopping it coming to PS4. It works all ways, and it doesn't lessen a platforms value in the long run.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 zeeshanhaider

@bobrossperm said:
@zeeshanhaider said:
@bobrossperm said:

I mean, I'd concede in saying that the Xbox One probably won't sell 85 million units, since the PS4 is consistantly selling 2x or more than the Xbox One. That would leave the PS4's total sales at 170 million by the end of it's production and that's just not going to happen. But I see the PS4 doing 100M+ lifetime. 70M+ by the end of 2017. And the Xbox One at roughly half that, so 160 million across both isn't exactly a pipe dream.

Even if PS4 sells 100M+ units there no guarantee the Switch/X1 will reach even half of that. At this point in time PS4 is probably selling more than 2X the competitive consoles and thatis even without taking into account all other factors that there aren't much incentive to own multiple consoles this generation or any console at all if you're a serious gamer. You also didn't took into account the saturation of the market when making the claim of 160M+ sales. Even if we assume at some point in time it does happen, you failed to acknowledge the cost at this would happen. Sony already released mid gen PS4 Pro to prolong the life cycle. MS is releasing Scorpio. Nintendo have released an all new console. Before this gen whenever companies refresh their hardware it was usually to cut costs not to funnel more money into R&D to sustain their console gen. All this points to the declining market that is already saturated. They want the same consumers that already have their consoles to spend money on a refresh hardware not trying to bring new consumers. To bring new consumers they are testing waters of games as a services option. Both MS and Sony have pretty much dumped exclusive development and put their games in one form or another on PC and other devices.

As for Halo and Gears, the reason for the decline is because Xbox as a whole is declining. The same thing happened to Sony exclusives in gen 7. Hardly any **** bought them until Uncharted 2 released. MS just need to make sure their next mainline Xbox console has positive mindshare and they'l be better than ever. The PS4 after the PS3 was proof of this concept. COD and AC is franchise fatigue. It started to happen in 2013 honestly. But if you check somewhere like VGChartz, the estimates for many franchises have the PS4 sku as the highest selling sku in the franchises history just 3.5 years into the consoles life.

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=fifa

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=just+cause

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=fallout

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=the+witcher

Those games will go on to sell even more throughout the generation. The Xbox One for it's time on the market is selling more software than the 360, or as much. Though I suspect that will change soon, but it will be no slouch.

If Xbox as a whole is declining that means consoles are declining. Gone are the times when one console can sustain the entire market. The cost of development is too high now for it to be possible. The very thing multiplat development that saved PS3 from total disaster last gen because of increased costs of development will precisely be the reason why this generation can't save console gaming even when PS4 is selling. Franchise fatigue or not Deus Ex is dead, Tomb Raider seems to be as well. Konami stopped making games, Capcom is in shambles. MS is done for.

You want another proof of inevitable death of consoles? Take a look at other software giants that want a piece of the pie like Amazon. They invested billions into their games division but one thing they didn't even spend a dime on is making any effort in any way for console games. The platform they have created revolves all around services and cloud features, they have made all their tech free to use and only charge if someone wants to use their cloud/service architecture. Consoles are a concept of 80's and modern world has no place for them.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By zeeshanhaider

@bobrossperm said:
@zeeshanhaider said:

Thing is, nothing is stopping any game from coming to PC. Nioh may well come to PC, as well as Yakuza 6, Persona 5. But until there's word on it, it's a PS4 exlusive. Just like Cities Skylines was a PC exclusive as far as SW was concerned. Now it's coming to Xbox One, and nothing is stopping it coming to PS4. It works all ways, and it doesn't lessen a platforms value in the long run.

You would have a point if it was a title like Persona or Yakuza that doesn't have any history on PC. However in the case of Nioh the message surrounding its availability is purposefully ambiguous to hide the timed exclusivity as was the point of the original poster and can be seen in the games original announcement as well in the trailer image I posted. Not to mention pretty much all games by third parties come to PC anyways even from Japanese developers unless Sony pays for the exclusivity by selling one of its buildings. And it definitely lessens the platforms value in the long run hence the ambiguous message and shitty tactics to pose the title as exclusive to hide the fact that it's available on PC. Another excellent reason why consoles are anti-consumer and needs to die.

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 BobRossPerm

@zeeshanhaider: What you seem to be suggesting is the end of AAA development. Because it's consoles that keep that afloat. The PC revenue mostly comes from Free To Play titles. Your Steam top 10's. LoL, etc. Which is what the 100's of millions of PC gamers actually play. A game like Grand Theft Auto (which btw, is here to stay) sells near 80% on consoles. I'm sure these people aren't cheering the death of consoles, nor are expecting it.

Only Xbox has shown decline, and that's because of the launch woes. The PS3 did the same, it's natural. To suggest Xbox can never bounce back is a baseless assumption. You could have easily asserted the same thing about PS last gen with the PS3. On top of that, the Switch was the biggest Nintendo launch ever. Definately not a decline. Lets face it the WiiU was a miscommunication from the start.

Some franchises have simply run their course. But Tomb Raider isn't dead at all. ROTTR has sold over 4 million so far. It was hindered by MS themselves for limiting the audience to the platform it sells the least on. I have no doubt that if Sony market the next TR game and it got rave reviews, it would sell way better across all platforms releasing at the same time.

If there was no place for consoles then they wouldn't be selling 100's of millions of software units year after year. They are the single most important pillar of AAA development. Embracing consoles has taken CDPR to new heights as a company. It's not the console makers fault that AAA innovation is pretty stagnant. That doesn't stop great games like Witcher 3 slipping through the cracks.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#65 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33098 Posts

Congrats, but I expect sony's share of the console market will shrink a bit this year because of the switch.

Quicksilver128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Quicksilver128
Member since 2003 • 7075 Posts

@zeeshanhaider: lol zeesh failing at life again.

Witcher 3 sells more then any in franchise

Uncharted 4 sells more then any in franchise

Horizon top selling debut for GG.

GTAV sells more then any in franchise

All sold more on consoles and PS4 is breaking records. Switch is Nintendos most successful launch and the X1 is at least equaling the 360. Your conclusion? Consoles are dead lmao!

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@Quicksilver128 said:

All sold more on consoles and PS4 is breaking records. Switch is Nintendos most successful launch and the X1 is at least equaling the 360. Your conclusion? Consoles are dead lmao!

The guy is a complete idiot. I don't know why you guys bother explaining stuff to him. Best to add the idiot to your ignore list.

Quicksilver128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Quicksilver128

@quadknight: Yea, thats a good idea.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#69  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@zeeshanhaider said:
@tormentos said:
@zeeshanhaider said:

Yes, it's! In the latest news after MS Sony also started testing waters of games as a service and started putting their non-games on PC. Not to mention consoles are nowhere near sells as much as they used to during gen 7.

Now only Nintendo is left and console gaming can finally be dead. Wooooooooooooooooooooooo! Can't wait to see the world free of Sony drones.

19 BILLIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNSSSSSSSSSSS...

IN 1 YEARRRRR....

Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa but but but consoles are dying...lol

Nintendo going out of the hardware business mean shit moron,since the console market started many have gone out,Atari and Sega being 2 of the biggest,that is what happen when you say shit without thinking first..lol

If the market was dead because 1 big console maker left it would have die years ago,Atari left in the mid 90's..lol

LOL, quite the contrary. Nintendo is the one holding out the longest when Sony and MS both have started exploring the waters of games as a service. LMAO!

No matter, how you spin it, consoles sales are going down while PC sales are increasing.

Wooooooooooooo!!!!!!!! Consoles are dying and eve Sony caught the wind. I gave them 2 years but seems like they have thrown the towel all too early.

Nintendo has the larger decline for both handheld and desktop game consoles. Annual build rate for Switch has been revised to 16 million units.

MS osbourne'ed XBO with next gen level TFLOPS jump Scorpio.

Sony's mobile game console nearly disappeared.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 zeeshanhaider

@bobrossperm said:

@zeeshanhaider: What you seem to be suggesting is the end of AAA development. Because it's consoles that keep that afloat. The PC revenue mostly comes from Free To Play titles. Your Steam top 10's. LoL, etc. Which is what the 100's of millions of PC gamers actually play. A game like Grand Theft Auto (which btw, is here to stay) sells near 80% on consoles. I'm sure these people aren't cheering the death of consoles, nor are expecting it.

Only Xbox has shown decline, and that's because of the launch woes. The PS3 did the same, it's natural. To suggest Xbox can never bounce back is a baseless assumption. You could have easily asserted the same thing about PS last gen with the PS3. On top of that, the Switch was the biggest Nintendo launch ever. Definately not a decline. Lets face it the WiiU was a miscommunication from the start.

Some franchises have simply run their course. But Tomb Raider isn't dead at all. ROTTR has sold over 4 million so far. It was hindered by MS themselves for limiting the audience to the platform it sells the least on. I have no doubt that if Sony market the next TR game and it got rave reviews, it would sell way better across all platforms releasing at the same time.

If there was no place for consoles then they wouldn't be selling 100's of millions of software units year after year. They are the single most important pillar of AAA development. Embracing consoles has taken CDPR to new heights as a company. It's not the console makers fault that AAA innovation is pretty stagnant. That doesn't stop great games like Witcher 3 slipping through the cracks.

No, I'm pointing to the end of consoles, plain and simple. Again you're just looking at one metric to gaudge the health of consoles. Let's assume that the majority of AAA games do come from consoles, you're neglecting the fact that more money needs to be put into marketing and distribution for that, furthermore the returns are lower per sales on consoles as well. And I haven't even factored the long tail of games oc PC compared to consoles. Regardless of the fact they are cheering the death of consoles or not, it's inevitable. The business model is outdated and have no place in the modern world. Now you may ask why are no one talking about the inevitable demise even though two console manufacturers have already started putting games on PC in one way or another, the reason is you don't kill a market prematurely by showing any signs of its declining - Business 101.

Let us for the sake of argument assume that your pipe dream comes true and consoles did manage to sell 160M+ units. What's then? For the market to grow and companies to keep investing money in it you have to sell way way more consoles than that or how do you expect Sony/MS/Nintendo to start a new generation knowing that costs of development is increasing but there's no room for growth? No matter what metric use gauge the long term effects, consoles are dying. The stupid short term PS4 success viewed in isolation don't give you the whole picture.

Another thing that I have already mentioned is the market saturation which you missed entirely or why do you think Sony has started putting their games on PC even though they are in profit compared to last gen when they were losing money and they still didn't tried to increase the sources of income. Let's face it what zealots at forums are refusing to acknowledge, the market experts at these very corporations are well aware of and taking the necessary steps to keep the steady stream of cash flows no matter the market situation.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 zeeshanhaider

@quadknight said:
@Quicksilver128 said:

The guy is a complete idiot. I don't know why you guys bother explaining stuff to him. Best to add the idiot to your ignore list.

WOw, look at the no. of platforms the recent entry is available on compared to the past entries. Wowza!

I have listed many reasons already why consoles are dying but since you're idiots and are incapable of sophisticated conversations:

And all that besides the point, consoles have no games.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@zeeshanhaider said:

WOw, look at the no. of platforms the recent entry is available on compared to the past entries. Wowza!

I have listed many reasons already why consoles are dying but since you're idiots and are incapable of sophisticated conversations:

The only reason the console are dying in your head is because you are a bitter biased sony hater,who flame Sony constantly every day but don't do the same with MS and the xbox,which is why no one believe your shitty act.

The PS4 shipped last december quarter more PS4 consoles than ever before more than 9 million a record for a PS platform and show that it is outperforming the PS2 in time frame and you dare claim it is dying..lol

Yeah console have no games again because you are a biased moron,last year highest rated game was Uncharted 4 over anything on your precious xbox one and your fake PC,this year Zelda again is the highest rated i am sure will end that way and PC yeah is not even close.

Not to mention more and more PC games are making its ways to consoles..lol

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 zeeshanhaider

@tormentos said:
@zeeshanhaider said:

The only reason the console are dying in your head is because you are a bitter biased sony hater,who flame Sony constantly every day but don't do the same with MS and the xbox,which is why no one believe your shitty act.

The PS4 shipped last december quarter more PS4 consoles than ever before more than 9 million a record for a PS platform and show that it is outperforming the PS2 in time frame and you dare claim it is dying..lol

Yeah console have no games again because you are a biased moron,last year highest rated game was Uncharted 4 over anything on your precious xbox one and your fake PC,this year Zelda again is the highest rated i am sure will end that way and PC yeah is not even close.

Not to mention more and more PC games are making its ways to consoles..lol

Actually, I do bash MS and their games whenever I wish but I won't just do it to please Sony drones. Secondly, I never bash Nintendo but funny, I never see Sony drones allingme for being a Sheep. Lastly, remain butthurt because Sony sucks and consoles are dying:

gfxpipeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#74  Edited By gfxpipeline
Member since 2014 • 543 Posts

@Quicksilver128 said:

the X1 is at least equaling the 360.

LOL, no.

The Xbox One is almost exactly tracking the first Xbox marketplace failure with about 24 million at the 3.5 year mark.

At least in reality and not vgchartz/Microsoft PR fantasyland.

Edit:

The first Xbox marketplace failure ended with about 24.5 million in sales worldwide at the 3.5 year mark when Microsoft stopped production.

The Xbox One is at the 3.5 year mark with about 24 million in sales worldwide.

Quicksilver128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Quicksilver128

@gfxpipeline: The original Xbox finished at around 25 million so its safe to say the XB1 will easily topple that.

gfxpipeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By gfxpipeline

@AtariKidX said:

Well the ps4 is the best console available for gaming and the playstation console has dominated every console generation since the ps1. The ps3 faltered but still was very successful even at a higher retail price. Every generation playstation garners the most exclusive games, highest rated exclusive games and offers the widest variety of games but even though this has been ongoing for over 20 years people expect things to easily change.

They are producing magnificent new games like Horizon: Zero Dawn that really exceed expectations while delivering a bunch of third party exclusives. The line-ups with the PS4 only get better each and every year so they deserve to be dominating.

Playstation is the master of games.

What is utterly mind boggling about the current state of the console market is there are still Xbox dead enders who are honestly shocked and bewildered.

After the first Xbox marketplace failure, Microsoft:

* Rushed the poorly designed Xbox 360 out the door a year early to try to pad its installed base numbers before Sony launched

* In Europe the Xbox 360 had a full year and a half of sales before the Sony launched in that region

* The Xbox 360 was 200 dollars cheaper than the PS3

* The RRoD, disc scratching/destroying last gen DVD drive, jet engine loud noise led the Xbox deadenders to buy tens of millions of duplicate consoles which massively inflated Microsoft's installed base numbers

* Had the entire US gaming press in their pockets with sites like 1Up's entire 'review' staff going on to get jobs at Microsoft

* Was able to force most third party developers to sign 'parity clauses' for their games which meant that multiplatform games would be gimped down to Xbox 360 levels in graphics and storage

All that and Microsoft still got outsold by the PS3 every single year worldwide and ended up in last place last gen.

Absolutely none of that is true this gen:

* The PS4 was 100 dollars cheaper than the Xbox One - despite having a huge power advantage

* Sony launched at the same time as Microsoft

* The US gaming press has thrown in the towel on cheerleading or doing damage control for Microsoft

* Microsoft no longer has the luxury of the RRoD to massively inflate their installed base numbers

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#77  Edited By kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

@gfxpipeline said:
@Quicksilver128 said:

the X1 is at least equaling the 360.

LOL, no.

The Xbox One is almost exactly tracking the first Xbox marketplace failure with about 24 million at the 3.5 year mark.

At least in reality and not vgchartz/Microsoft PR fantasyland.

Edit:

The first Xbox marketplace failure ended with about 24.5 million in sales worldwide at the 3.5 year mark when Microsoft stopped production.

The Xbox One is at the 3.5 year mark with about 24 million in sales worldwide.

LOL, no.

gfxpipeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 gfxpipeline

@AtariKidX said:

Well the ps4 is the best console available for gaming and the playstation console has dominated every console generation since the ps1. The ps3 faltered but still was very successful even at a higher retail price. Every generation playstation garners the most exclusive games, highest rated exclusive games and offers the widest variety of games but even though this has been ongoing for over 20 years people expect things to easily change.

It is amazing to look back over the past twenty two years since Sony first entered the console market.

Of the twenty two or so years Sony has been making Playstation consoles they have been the top selling console maker for every single month of those twenty two years with the exception of the two or so years the Wii fad was active and maybe for a brief period when the Wii U was released.

Absolute dominance by Sony.

And with Nintendo looking like they are giving up on the console market and focusing on handheld devices.

And with Microsoft continuing to bomb in sales and looks like they are giving up on trying to compete with Sony and instead trying to salvage the stinking pile of fail that is the Xbox brand by turning it into some sort of Microsoft branded gaming PC.

Unless a new company arises to compete in the console market, Sony's absolute domiance will continue for a very long time.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By QuadKnight

@zeeshanhaider: Of course consoles are dying when your favorite console is the Xflop. Sony is outpacing the PS2, the most successful console of all time and Nintendo is breaking launch records with the Switch. ? Meanwhile Xbone is selling worse than the 360. No wonder you're saying consoles are dying. You're a bitter butthurt lem with flops for games and a shitty console nobody wants to buy.

"B..bu....but mah Flopio!!!1"

You're a clown and you've been completely humiliated in this thread. Only an idiot like you will say consoles are dying when provided with cold hard facts like this. Xflop brand is becoming irrelevant but that's a uniquely MS problem and not a problem being shared by the other consoles. Switch will probably end up selling more than the FlopBone despite releasing later and PS4 will be close to tripling Xflop's install base by the time the dust settles.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12181 Posts

@quadknight said:

@zeeshanhaider: Of course consoles are dying when your favorite console is the Xflop. Sony is outpacing the PS2, the most successful console of all time and Nintendo is breaking launch records with the Switch. ? Meanwhile Xbone is selling worse than the 360. No wonder you're saying consoles are dying. You're a bitter butthurt lem with flops for games and a shitty console nobody wants to buy.

You're a clown and you've been completely humiliated in this thread. Only an idiot like you will say consoles are dying when provided with cold hard facts like this. Xflop brand is becoming irrelevant but that's a uniquely MS problem and not a problem being shared by the other consoles. Switch will probably end up selling more than the FlopBone despite releasing later and PS4 will be close to tripling Xflop's install base by the time the dust settles.

The PS4 Proflop is a joke!!!!! Sony is busy already making the PS5. Hahahahahahhaa Lems are going to taste your tears in the next few months. lol

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 kvally

Looks like Sony fans are still upset the Xbox is doing so well.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
@kvally said:

Looks like Sony fans are still upset the Xbox is doing so well.

It is?

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@xhawk27 said:

The PS4 Proflop is a joke!!!!! Sony is busy already making the PS5. Hahahahahahhaa Lems are going to taste your tears in the next few months. lol

lol time to bookmark this thread for future fun making this holiday..lol

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By QuadKnight

@xhawk27: ? Looks like a struck a bitter lemming's nerve. Is it the same way you have been saying you'll "taste our tears" since 2013 and have been failing to do so? Every holiday season it's the same bullshit from you lems and every holiday season Xbone keeps flopping and getting destroyed by the PS4. ? Looking forward to laughing at you lems again this holiday season.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By clone01
Member since 2003 • 29822 Posts

Relax, you're both idiots.

gfxpipeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By gfxpipeline

Microsoft's fifteen year long failure in the console market shouldn't surprise anyone.

Back in 1999-2001 or so they saw the console market as a way to milk PC developers into paying Windows type monopoly fees. Microsoft never wanted to build console hardware. They thought they could dump a few billion into jump starting the Xbox and then convince PC companies to start making Xbox branded consoles that would be locked down and running a Microsoft OS and large royalties being paid to Microsoft.

Microsoft honestly thought they were just going to walk right into the console market and throw billions at it and dominate it. In the initial Microsoft meetings with game developers and publishers the Microsoft reps had this ridiculous attitude of your company signs up with the Xbox or you are going to be very, very sorry. Needless to say everyone just responded with bewilderment at how delusional they were.

You can still see signs of Microsoft's original attempts at getting other companies to make Xbox branded hardware every few years were there is a story about Microsoft being in talks with some company to build Xbox consoles. Of course this never goes anywhere because there isn't anyone dumb enough to take on billions in losses just so Microsoft can rake in software fees.

If Microsoft had been serious about being an actual console manufacturer they would have long ago put their monolopoly billions into developing console hardware design and manufacturing capabilities that are able to compete with Sony. They never have. The result is a stream of overpriced, underperforming, and outright malfunctioning garbage hardware with the Xbox, Xbox 360, and Xbox One.

And for the other half of what makes a competitive console manufacturer, exclusive software. Microsoft honestly believed they were going to dominate the console market with their shiny green power ranger games. Microsoft execs actually believed this.

There were meetings I've been in with Microsoft execs where they actually said verbatum: "You're forgetting one thing: Halo"

-crickets-

Microsoft was actually under the delusion that Halo was all they needed up until the Wii fad hit. And overnight Microsoft thought they could turn the Xbox from a failed dudebro console into megahit mom and grandma console by bolting on a Sony EyeToy ripoff to the junk Xbox 360 hardware. And with that inane belief they decimated their already pathetic first party developer array.

So here we are today.

Microsoft has just Osborned their failed Xbox One console that was 100 dollars more expensive than the PS4 but still got crushed in graphical power because they never developed their own hardware capabilities to be able to compete with Sony.

Microsoft has no exclusives for the Xbox One. And they have made no significant additions to build up their joke of a first party array. Japan isn't going to waste time on yet another Xbox. And US and European developers are looking at the PS4 with some a 70-80 million userbase. The price of Microsoft for even securing a few exclusives is going to be astronomical.

Microsoft is bombing in sales just a badly with the Xbox One as they did with the first Xbox - about 24 million after 3.5 years on the market. No RRoD this gen to inflate the Microsoft installed base numbers by tens of millions like they enjoyed with the Xbox 360.

And they are now being forced to rush out what looks like little more than a Microsoft branded mid-range PC that has no games that can't be played on any existing Windows 10 PC.

It is hilariously pathetic to see the dwindling number of Xbox deadenders clinging to the hope that Scorpio is going to save the Xbox brand while Micosoft has done absolutely nothing to improve their hardware or software situation.

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Dakur
Member since 2014 • 3275 Posts

@gfxpipeline said:

Microsoft's fifteen year long failure in the console market shouldn't surprise anyone.

Back in 1999-2001 or so they saw the console market as a way to milk PC developers into paying Windows type monopoly fees. Microsoft never wanted to build console hardware. They thought they could dump a few billion into jump starting the Xbox and then convince PC companies to start making Xbox branded consoles that would be locked down and running a Microsoft OS and large royalties being paid to Microsoft.

Microsoft honestly thought they were just going to walk right into the console market and throw billions at it and dominate it. In the initial Microsoft meetings with game developers and publishers the Microsoft reps had this ridiculous attitude of your company signs up with the Xbox or you are going to be very, very sorry. Needless to say everyone just responded with bewilderment at how delusional they were.

You can still see signs of Microsoft's original attempts at getting other companies to make Xbox branded hardware every few years were there is a story about Microsoft being in talks with some company to build Xbox consoles. Of course this never goes anywhere because there isn't anyone dumb enough to take on billions in losses just so Microsoft can rake in software fees.

If Microsoft had been serious about being an actual console manufacturer they would have long ago put their monolopoly billions into developing console hardware design and manufacturing capabilities that are able to compete with Sony. They never have. The result is a stream of overpriced, underperforming, and outright malfunctioning garbage hardware with the Xbox, Xbox 360, and Xbox One.

And for the other half of what makes a competitive console manufacturer, exclusive software. Microsoft honestly believed they were going to dominate the console market with their shiny green power ranger games. Microsoft execs actually believed this.

There were meetings I've been in with Microsoft execs where they actually said verbatum: "You're forgetting one thing: Halo"

-crickets-

Microsoft was actually under the delusion that Halo was all they needed up until the Wii fad hit. And overnight Microsoft thought they could turn the Xbox from a failed dudebro console into megahit mom and grandma console by bolting on a Sony EyeToy ripoff to the junk Xbox 360 hardware. And with that inane belief they decimated their already pathetic first party developer array.

So here we are today.

Microsoft has just Osborned their failed Xbox One console that was 100 dollars more expensive than the PS4 but still got crushed in graphical power because they never developed their own hardware capabilities to be able to compete with Sony.

Microsoft has no exclusives for the Xbox One. And they have made no significant additions to build up their joke of a first party array. Japan isn't going to waste time on yet another Xbox. And US and European developers are looking at the PS4 with some a 70-80 million userbase. The price of Microsoft for even securing a few exclusives is going to be astronomical.

Microsoft is bombing in sales just a badly with the Xbox One as they did with the first Xbox - about 24 million after 3.5 years on the market. No RRoD this gen to inflate the Microsoft installed base numbers by tens of millions like they enjoyed with the Xbox 360.

And they are now being forced to rush out what looks like little more than a Microsoft branded mid-range PC that has no games that can't be played on any existing Windows 10 PC.

It is hilariously pathetic to see the dwindling number of Xbox deadenders clinging to the hope that Scorpio is going to save the Xbox brand while Micosoft has done absolutely nothing to improve their hardware or software situation.

Truer words were never spoken sir. M$ came into the gaming business without giving any priority to gaming. The Xbox was intended as a trojan horse type of strategy to boost their PC business. M$ is the prototypical cancer of gaming.

Liquid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#88 Liquid_
Member since 2003 • 3832 Posts

@svaubel said:

Grats to Sony I suppose.

Too bad my PS4 only gets about 1% of my gaming time though between PC, Xbone, Switch, 3DS...

why would you even use your xbox if you have a PC is beyond me.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 kvally

@MonsieurX: not for you of course lol

gfxpipeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 gfxpipeline

@dakur said:

Truer words were never spoken sir. M$ came into the gaming business without giving any priority to gaming. The Xbox was intended as a trojan horse type of strategy to boost their PC business. M$ is the prototypical cancer of gaming.

Yes.

Dumping the first Xbox after only 3.5 years on the market.

Rushing the Xbox 360 out the door even though they knew about the RRoD fiasco before launch.

Abandoning the existing Xbox fanbase when they saw the Wii fad explode.

Putting out an overpriced and graphically underpowered media box with the Xbox One.

Osborning the Xbox One and once again rushing out a replacement console with Scorpio.

And the Xbox deadenders cry about why no one but them want anything to do with the failed Xbox brand.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#91 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9723 Posts

I'll leave this here. PS4 games for Q2 2017.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2017/03/17/ps4-games-q2-2017-confirmed-release-date-list/#/slide/1

https://youtu.be/9JUJLCuCHR4

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

@flyincloud1116 said:

Don't count eggs to early Sony, the Scorpio will take 1% of that back over next 5 years.

I'm still trying to get back up from the chuckle I got out of this.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By zeeshanhaider

@quadknight said:

Nice DC. Good to know that consoles are dying and you're butthurt over that fact, calling me a lem won't change that.

Funny thing MS will survive after the death of consoles, so will Nintendo but there will be no trace of Sony the lying machine. Ouch! It will be so fun when they team business students about consoles how the market leader with the most sales vanished and the lesser companies survived and then they say yeah, Sony made no contributions to gaming.

Back in 2011/2012 there was a thread with a title 'Predict something Bold for the Future' and I said that console manufacturers will put their games on PC and butthurt consolites like your self DC'ed just like you're doing now and called me a Beggar Hermit, Delusional etc. Look what happened. Now I give you the death of consoles:

Tata, you pathetic bunch won't be missed!

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Dakur
@zeeshanhaider said:
@quadknight said:

Nice DC. Good to know that consoles are dying and you're butthurt over that fact, calling me a lem won't change that.

Funny thing MS will survive after the death of consoles, so will Nintendo but there will be no trace of Sony the lying machine. Ouch! It will be so fun when they team business students about consoles how the market leader with the most sales vanished and the lesser companies survived and then they say yeah, Sony made no contributions to gaming.

That chart shows that the PS4 is doing better than the PS3. It actually shows more that handhelds are dying if any.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 zeeshanhaider

@dakur said:
@zeeshanhaider said:
@quadknight said:

That chart shows that the PS4 is doing better than the PS3. It actually shows more that handhelds are dying if any.

Yup, that's the only positive thing this chart is showing. As a hwole it is showing the consoles are declining. Of course it's before the release of Switch but you can see the 2 out of 3 console manufacturers are suffering.

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Dakur

@zeeshanhaider said:
@dakur said:
@zeeshanhaider said:
@quadknight said:

Yup, that's the only positive thing this chart is showing. As a hwole it is showing the consoles are declining. Of course it's before the release of Switch but you can see the 2 out of 3 console manufacturers are suffering.

Pretty much because they fucked up their launches. The Switch will probably take a chuck back, maybe not a Wii level chunck but will definitely do better than the WiiU.

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#97 Flyincloud1116
Member since 2014 • 6418 Posts

@Bikouchu35 said:
@flyincloud1116 said:

Don't count eggs to early Sony, the Scorpio will take 1% of that back over next 5 years.

I'm still trying to get back up from the chuckle I got out of this.

We always laugh at things that are true.

gfxpipeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 gfxpipeline

@dakur said:

The PS4 is outpacing the 155 million selling PS2 at the same point in its life.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@zeeshanhaider said:
@quadknight said:

Back in 2011/2012 there was a thread with a title 'Predict something Bold for the Future' and I said that console manufacturers will put their games on PC and butthurt consolites like your self DC'ed just like you're doing now and called me a Beggar Hermit, Delusional etc. Look what happened. Now I give you the death of consoles:

Game console dominates the U.S. market.

Game console dominates on multi-platform EA games.

Game console dominates on multi-platform Ubisoft games.

Game console dominates on multi-platform Activision games.

Most PCs are powered by Intel graphics.

UK = console gaming is higher than PC gaming.

Germany = console gaming is higher than PC gaming.

USA = console gaming is higher than PC gaming.

China = PC gaming is higher than console gaming. This is an artificial construct by the Chinese government to support Chinese gaming software companies such as Net Ease and Tencent. Until recently, Chinese government has restricted non-Chinese game consoles.