Sony details "next-generation" PlayStation 5 VR headset

Avatar image for gym_lion
Gym_Lion

522

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Gym_Lion
Member since 2020 • 522 Posts

More news stolen from Eurogamer

'"We're taking what we've learned since launching PS VR on PS4 to develop a next-gen VR system that enhances everything from resolution and field of view to tracking and input," Sony's Hideaki Nishino wrote on the PlayStation blog.

"It will connect to PS5 with a single cord to simplify setup and improve ease-of-use, while enabling a high-fidelity visual experience."

There will also be a new VR controller, which will "incorporate some of the key features found in the DualSense", Nishino continued. Haptic feedback then?

Speaking to GQ in a follow-up interview, PlayStation boss Jim Ryan described the headset as "a completely new VR format for PS5" and confirmed that dev kits were now "about to go out".

The original PlayStation VR launched for PS4 back in 2016, and is supported via back compatibility on PS5.'

I personally think PSVR should be a standalone headset like Quest 2.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

10645

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#2 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 10645 Posts

Adaptive triggers on the VR controller would be pretty cool.

Avatar image for osan0
osan0

16136

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3 osan0
Member since 2004 • 16136 Posts

aww a shame its not wireless but still very interested.

VR GT7 (which better be a thing....why would it not be a thing?) would be amazing.

Avatar image for djoffer123
Djoffer123

659

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4 Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 659 Posts

Should be wireless, but still great news that they continue to support vr

Avatar image for sheevpalpamemes
SheevPalpamemes

880

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#5 SheevPalpamemes
Member since 2020 • 880 Posts

Sony delivering the VR experience while Microsofts response is pretty much crickets.

Avatar image for bluestars
Bluestars

2389

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2389 Posts

sony....generations....,HAH

Avatar image for girlusocrazy
GirlUSoCrazy

11492

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#7 GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 11492 Posts

I am e, take my šŸ’µ

Avatar image for darthbuzzard
DarthBuzzard

328

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#8 DarthBuzzard
Member since 2019 • 328 Posts

But VR is a fad. Sony would never make another VR headset. /s

Avatar image for kingtito
kingtito

11230

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#9 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11230 Posts

@darthbuzzard said:

But VR is a fad. Sony would never make another VR headset. /s

5 million when the PS4 sold 114M+ is a fad. Give it to Sony for continuing to try but if devs kits are just starting to go out it's going to be a while before it's released.

Avatar image for girlusocrazy
GirlUSoCrazy

11492

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#10 GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 11492 Posts

Whatever is making them do it I'm glad they are. Some games are just better experiences in VR. Having to go back to 2D for RE Village would be a massive downgrade after playing RE7 in VR. I also want to play Alyx with dualsense style haptics.

Avatar image for sirk1264
sirk1264

6233

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By sirk1264
Member since 2003 • 6233 Posts

Kinda disappointed this will not be wireless. I was hoping it would as Iā€™m spoiled by the quest 2. Though still exciting to know PSVR 2 is in the works. Sony definitely was one of the biggest supporters of VR so far. Hopefully their controllers are more capable as well. The move wands were definitely a turnoff.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
uninspiredcup

44274

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#12 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 44274 Posts

On the one hand great, on the other, more segmented shit incoming.

Avatar image for warmblur
warmblur

6895

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By warmblur
Member since 2017 • 6895 Posts

@kingtito said:
@darthbuzzard said:

But VR is a fad. Sony would never make another VR headset. /s

5 million when the PS4 sold 114M+ is a fad. Give it to Sony for continuing to try but if devs kits are just starting to go out it's going to be a while before it's released.

Darthbuzzard was being sarcastic as least I hope so lol. I do find it funny though that there are people still out there that still believe in that fad, gimmick nonsense. VR is the future whether haters like it or not they will be left behind.

Avatar image for darthbuzzard
DarthBuzzard

328

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#14 DarthBuzzard
Member since 2019 • 328 Posts

@kingtito said:
@darthbuzzard said:

But VR is a fad. Sony would never make another VR headset. /s

5 million when the PS4 sold 114M+ is a fad. Give it to Sony for continuing to try but if devs kits are just starting to go out it's going to be a while before it's released.

Not how fads work. If that were the case, then phones, computers, and consoles were all fads too when they sold in the low millions a few decades back.

VR is progressing at the expected rate for any new medium.

Avatar image for Miyomatic
Miyomatic

2814

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#15 Miyomatic
Member since 2005 • 2814 Posts

Not only can I not wait to see them reveal it, but I also can't wait for the mob to cry about it not having $1000 worth of features.

Avatar image for AtariKidX
AtariKidX

7125

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#16 AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7125 Posts

Very good............It will connect to PS5 with a single cord to simplify setup and improve ease-of-use, while enabling a high-fidelity visual experience.This is what i always wanted from the PS VR.

Avatar image for kingtito
kingtito

11230

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#17 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11230 Posts

@darthbuzzard said:
@kingtito said:
@darthbuzzard said:

But VR is a fad. Sony would never make another VR headset. /s

5 million when the PS4 sold 114M+ is a fad. Give it to Sony for continuing to try but if devs kits are just starting to go out it's going to be a while before it's released.

Not how fads work. If that were the case, then phones, computers, and consoles were all fads too when they sold in the low millions a few decades back.

VR is progressing at the expected rate for any new medium.

This is a peripheral not a stand alone device and it doesn't cost thousands like PCs were back in the day or attached to expensive monthly plans. Consoles were also very popular back in the day unlike the PSVR in TODAY's gaming. It sold 5M when the PS4 sold 114M so yeah it's not only niche but it's a fad.

VR is progressing at the expected rate? Who's expected rate? What's the current attach rate for the PSVR? What's the current attach rate for PSVR games?

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

47196

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 0

#18 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 47196 Posts

No image of the new hardware? šŸ˜‘

Avatar image for darthbuzzard
DarthBuzzard

328

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By DarthBuzzard
Member since 2019 • 328 Posts

@kingtito said:
@darthbuzzard said:
@kingtito said:
@darthbuzzard said:

But VR is a fad. Sony would never make another VR headset. /s

5 million when the PS4 sold 114M+ is a fad. Give it to Sony for continuing to try but if devs kits are just starting to go out it's going to be a while before it's released.

Not how fads work. If that were the case, then phones, computers, and consoles were all fads too when they sold in the low millions a few decades back.

VR is progressing at the expected rate for any new medium.

This is a peripheral not a stand alone device and it doesn't cost thousands like PCs were back in the day or attached to expensive monthly plans. Consoles were also very popular back in the day unlike the PSVR in TODAY's gaming. It sold 5M when the PS4 sold 114M so yeah it's not only niche but it's a fad.

VR is progressing at the expected rate? Who's expected rate? What's the current attach rate for the PSVR? What's the current attach rate for PSVR games?

VR headsets used to cost thousands if you total the headset cost and PC.

Consoles did not get popular until the NES and Nintendo, and that took around a decade after the first consoles in 1972.

PSVR and PSVR2 might be peripherals, but VR as a whole is a new platform, and one that isn't meant to be a peripheral at large. The main future of VR is standalone devices.

The expected rate for VR's growth would be in line with how other platforms evolve. You can see the expectations before headsets launched from their respective companies, here: https://www.roadtovr.com/what-vr-headset-makers-not-analysts-have-actually-said-about-sales-expectations/

Now have a look at the growth rate of PCs from the late 70s to early 90s: https://www.arstechnica.com/features/2005/12/total-share/

(Easily digestible version): https://web.archive.org/web/20120606052317/http://jeremyreimer.com/postman/node/329

Avatar image for firedrakes
firedrakes

2952

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#20 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 2952 Posts

you would know what would be better ... that firmware for storage

Avatar image for pc_rocks
PC_Rocks

5171

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#21 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 5171 Posts

Translation: We are still trying our hardest to copy Index and Knuckles.

Avatar image for kingtito
kingtito

11230

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#22 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11230 Posts

@darthbuzzard said:

VR headsets used to cost thousands if you total the headset cost and PC.

Consoles did not get popular until the NES and Nintendo, and that took around a decade after the first consoles in 1972.

PSVR and PSVR2 might be peripherals, but VR as a whole is a new platform, and one that isn't meant to be a peripheral at large. The main future of VR is standalone devices.

The expected rate for VR's growth would be in line with how other platforms evolve. You can see the expectations before headsets launched from their respective companies, here: https://www.roadtovr.com/what-vr-headset-makers-not-analysts-have-actually-said-about-sales-expectations/

Now have a look at the growth rate of PCs from the late 70s to early 90s:https://www.arstechnica.com/features/2005/12/total-share/

(Easily digestible version): https://web.archive.org/web/20120606052317/http://jeremyreimer.com/postman/node/329

That's like saying monitors used to cost thousands if you factor in the cost of the PC. What kind of stupid argument is that?

Atari 2600 was popular what are you talking about. Consoles became more popular with time which is normal. Peripherals aren't consoles though. They're add-ons and in the case when the console the PSVR is attached to sold 114M while the it only sold 5M doesn't look good.

It's still a peripheral attached to the most popular console of last gen and it sold at less than a 5% attach rate.

Stop comparing a peripheral to PC. PSVR isn't a PC, it's an add-on to the most popular console of last gen. It's an apples to oranges comparison. The PSVR wasn't thousands of $s and it wasn't a stand alone device. It was $399 and was an add-on to the PS4. It sold less than 5% of the installed user base....niche and a fad.

Don't get me wrong, I like VR. I think it has it's place but as of right now it's niche and nothing more than a fad unless it catches on in a big way and so far it hasn't. The tech isn't there yet and for the units that are they're way to expensive for normal consumers.

Avatar image for hardwenzen
hardwenzen

7050

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#23 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 7050 Posts

If this is the kind of settings being used in normal games, what can be expected from vr?

Avatar image for Telekill
Telekill

10312

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#24 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 10312 Posts

They need to address if not entirely fix the nausea with the next VR set. I enjoy my PSVR until I get motion sick after 20 minutes.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
uninspiredcup

44274

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#25 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 44274 Posts

@pc_rocks said:

Translation: We are still trying our hardest to copy Index and Knuckles.

Their was some leaked shit, looked exactly like it.

Avatar image for i_p_daily
I_P_Daily

21538

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#26 I_P_Daily
Member since 2015 • 21538 Posts

Watch how Sony pays for 3rd exclusives all over the place, and its own teams won't support it like they didn't with the original PSVR šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Good to see Sony wasting money though.

Avatar image for vfighter
VFighter

8179

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#27 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 8179 Posts

Don't care. But good for the fans of VR who enjoy shovelware games I guess.

Avatar image for i_p_daily
I_P_Daily

21538

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#28 I_P_Daily
Member since 2015 • 21538 Posts

@kingtito: You're talking to a VR nutjob, seriously VR has fried their brains, its a lost cause talking to them, best to mock them and move on šŸ˜Ž

Avatar image for kingtito
kingtito

11230

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#29 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11230 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

@kingtito: You're talking to a VR nutjob, seriously VR has fried their brains, its a lost cause talking to them, best to mock them and move on šŸ˜Ž

LOL I like VR truly do. I'm waiting for a good headset that I could use with iRacing and to upgrade my PC to be able to run it properly. I still think it's a niche product and most likely a fad but you have a point. VR fanboys are a bit off kind of reminds me of cows just not AS delusional

Avatar image for sakaixx
sakaiXx

10724

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#30 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 10724 Posts

Loved first PSVR but will reserve my judgement on this new model. From leaks Sony will utilize a new VR Controller like the Valve Index and haptic feedback....

yeah this will be a expensive investment...

Avatar image for i_p_daily
I_P_Daily

21538

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#31 I_P_Daily
Member since 2015 • 21538 Posts

@kingtito: Oh they're more delusional, and quite a few are cows also, double whammy šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

If people enjoy it then thats cool, i just find that the VR nutjobs are crazy mofos šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Avatar image for Jendeh
Jendeh

287

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#32 Jendeh
Member since 2004 • 287 Posts

I wanted to love my PSVR, but I just didn't. I think maybe if horror games appealed more to me, I would have gotten something out of it. I still have my PSVR, but I've probably only used it a few dozen hours. All in all, not a great use of gaming funds. Maybe in another ten years it will reach a level that might make me try it again, but I can't imagine they've progressed enough to deliver a consistent flow of amazing games. The first PSVR felt like it was made up of "experiences" rather than games with great narratives.

Avatar image for mobius_basic
mobius_basic

675

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#33 mobius_basic
Member since 2002 • 675 Posts

@kingtito said:
@i_p_daily said:

@kingtito: You're talking to a VR nutjob, seriously VR has fried their brains, its a lost cause talking to them, best to mock them and move on šŸ˜Ž

LOL I like VR truly do. I'm waiting for a good headset that I could use with iRacing and to upgrade my PC to be able to run it properly. I still think it's a niche product and most likely a fad but you have a point. VR fanboys are a bit off kind of reminds me of cows just not AS delusional

Why wouldn't you use a Quest or Reverb then? Quest 2 has a great screen w/ virtually no screen door effect and is a few $100. The Reverb is a step above with it's res and screens but its $600.

I have a Fanatec setup with pedals + clutch, sequential shifter and standard H, connected to a Playseat. Its getting a little long in the tooth compared to their newer products but not in a rush to replace anything. Fanatec gear is expensive. I am currently using the Quest 2 and it performs awesome. I like playing Project CARS, Assetto Corsa Dirt etc. You should honestly give it a try once you get your PC setup. I really like racing in VR...so immersive when coupled with a wheel setup.

I am still primarily a 2d gamer but I like tech and gadgets. I have owned a few VR sets going back to 2014 from when I got my hands on a Oculus Rift dev kit. I own PSVR, Rift CV1, Quest and Quest 2. Out of all of them, Quest 2 hands down is the best. For the money...its hard to beat w/ its tracking and the screens at a per eye rez of 1832Ɨ1920 90hz refresh rate (soon to be 120hz). The resolution is in spitting distance of headsets that are double/triple the price.

Avatar image for mobius_basic
mobius_basic

675

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#34 mobius_basic
Member since 2002 • 675 Posts
@i_p_daily said:

@kingtito: Oh they're more delusional, and quite a few are cows also, double whammy šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

If people enjoy it then thats cool, i just find that the VR nutjobs are crazy mofos šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

That comment surprised me IP. With your love of racing games...thought you would be all over it just for that aspect.

Avatar image for i_p_daily
I_P_Daily

21538

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#35 I_P_Daily
Member since 2015 • 21538 Posts

@mobius_basic said:
@i_p_daily said:

@kingtito: Oh they're more delusional, and quite a few are cows also, double whammy šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

If people enjoy it then thats cool, i just find that the VR nutjobs are crazy mofos šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

That comment surprised me IP. With your love of racing games...thought you would be all over it just for that aspect.

Nothing wrong with traditional gaming, i drive my car everyday to work in "full VR" its overrated lol.

That and i don't want shit over my face and wires going everywhere. I'll sit this fad out.

Avatar image for mobius_basic
mobius_basic

675

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#36  Edited By mobius_basic
Member since 2002 • 675 Posts

@i_p_daily For me it's one cable but I get it...to each their own and it's not for everyone. Seems like a lot of video game racers enjoy VR setups, so I figured you would.

Now for the real life driving, if it's that boring sounds like you aren't driving the right car! :) I drive my cars in "full VR" too but I don't get to rip them up the roads unless I am on some empty back mountain road or track!!

Avatar image for i_p_daily
I_P_Daily

21538

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#37 I_P_Daily
Member since 2015 • 21538 Posts

@mobius_basic said:

@i_p_daily For me it's one cable but I get it...to each their own and it's not for everyone. Seems like a lot of video game racers enjoy VR setups, so I figured you would.

Now for the real life driving, if it's that boring sounds like you aren't driving the right car! :) I drive my cars in "full VR" too but I don't get to rip them up the roads unless I am on some empty back mountain road or track!!

I work 6 days a week and im stuck doing 50kph, so yeah its boring. Oh and i'm driving the right car, Aussie Holden.

I have no problem with people who enjoy it, just the crazies who say it will take over traditional gaming etc. Those people i like to make fun of :)

Avatar image for mobius_basic
mobius_basic

675

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#38  Edited By mobius_basic
Member since 2002 • 675 Posts

Aussie Holden?! The Aussie El Camino? Sweet bud! Won't get the chance to drive that here. I am just stuck with these 3, two for fun and one for hauling my Sea Doo and other water toys. But I do get to rally every once in a while down the street. Live 10mins away from the local rally racing track (pic of me tearing up the track in STI hatch).

Avatar image for rzxv04
rzxv04

2455

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#39 rzxv04
Member since 2018 • 2455 Posts

@Pedro said:

No image of the new hardware? šŸ˜‘

You bet the abrupt announcement is due to Sony smelling something big coming from MS soon.

Avatar image for rzxv04
rzxv04

2455

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#40 rzxv04
Member since 2018 • 2455 Posts
@mobius_basic said:

Aussie Holden?! The Aussie El Camino? Sweet bud! Won't get the chance to drive that here. I am just stuck with these 3, two for fun and one for hauling my Sea Doo and other water toys. But I do get to rally every once in a while down the street. Live 10mins away from the local rally racing track (pic of me tearing up the track in STI hatch).

Those are your cars? Man am I envious!

Avatar image for djoffer123
Djoffer123

659

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#41 Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 659 Posts

@rzxv04: pretty sure that was the point with his ever so subtle brag post...

Avatar image for rzxv04
rzxv04

2455

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#42 rzxv04
Member since 2018 • 2455 Posts

@djoffer123: Awesome then. You got it, you flaunt it. I love seeing the good stuff even if I'll never be able to purchase anything close to those stuff.

Avatar image for kingtito
kingtito

11230

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#43 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11230 Posts

@mobius_basic said:

Why wouldn't you use a Quest or Reverb then? Quest 2 has a great screen w/ virtually no screen door effect and is a few $100. The Reverb is a step above with it's res and screens but its $600.

I have a Fanatec setup with pedals + clutch, sequential shifter and standard H, connected to a Playseat. Its getting a little long in the tooth compared to their newer products but not in a rush to replace anything. Fanatec gear is expensive. I am currently using the Quest 2 and it performs awesome. I like playing Project CARS, Assetto Corsa Dirt etc. You should honestly give it a try once you get your PC setup. I really like racing in VR...so immersive when coupled with a wheel setup.

I am still primarily a 2d gamer but I like tech and gadgets. I have owned a few VR sets going back to 2014 from when I got my hands on a Oculus Rift dev kit. I own PSVR, Rift CV1, Quest and Quest 2. Out of all of them, Quest 2 hands down is the best. For the money...its hard to beat w/ its tracking and the screens at a per eye rez of 1832Ɨ1920 90hz refresh rate (soon to be 120hz). The resolution is in spitting distance of headsets that are double/triple the price.

FOV I want it at least 210, I like the PIMAX 8KX but I tried the PIMAX 5K and wasn't impressed and ended up returning it. The 8KX seems to have promise but I need to upgrade my PC before I could use it. Right now I'm waiting on the AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, 3080 waterforce for custom water cooling and we both know how hard it is to get our hands on either of those. I might wait for the gen 11 Intel chip releasing next month.

Yeah I have the SIMUCUBE direct drive wheel with HPP hydraulic peddles, TrackRacer 160 80/20 rig and I recently just purchased 3 Omen 27in 1440 144hz monitors. The only thing missing is a good VR headset.

Avatar image for mobius_basic
mobius_basic

675

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#44  Edited By mobius_basic
Member since 2002 • 675 Posts

@kingtito said:
@mobius_basic said:

Why wouldn't you use a Quest or Reverb then? Quest 2 has a great screen w/ virtually no screen door effect and is a few $100. The Reverb is a step above with it's res and screens but its $600.

I have a Fanatec setup with pedals + clutch, sequential shifter and standard H, connected to a Playseat. Its getting a little long in the tooth compared to their newer products but not in a rush to replace anything. Fanatec gear is expensive. I am currently using the Quest 2 and it performs awesome. I like playing Project CARS, Assetto Corsa Dirt etc. You should honestly give it a try once you get your PC setup. I really like racing in VR...so immersive when coupled with a wheel setup.

I am still primarily a 2d gamer but I like tech and gadgets. I have owned a few VR sets going back to 2014 from when I got my hands on a Oculus Rift dev kit. I own PSVR, Rift CV1, Quest and Quest 2. Out of all of them, Quest 2 hands down is the best. For the money...its hard to beat w/ its tracking and the screens at a per eye rez of 1832Ɨ1920 90hz refresh rate (soon to be 120hz). The resolution is in spitting distance of headsets that are double/triple the price.

FOV I want it at least 210, I like the PIMAX 8KX but I tried the PIMAX 5K and wasn't impressed and ended up returning it. The 8KX seems to have promise but I need to upgrade my PC before I could use it. Right now I'm waiting on the AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, 3080 waterforce for custom water cooling and we both know how hard it is to get our hands on either of those. I might wait for the gen 11 Intel chip releasing next month.

Yeah I have the SIMUCUBE direct drive wheel with HPP hydraulic peddles, TrackRacer 160 80/20 rig and I recently just purchased 3 Omen 27in 1440 144hz monitors. The only thing missing is a good VR headset.

210 FOV would be sweet man! I get what you are saying there...one thing with the Quest 2 has mediocre FOV...its really small and worst that the Rift or even the Quest 1. It is one thing that actually stood out to me immediately. I actually watched a comparison view of the PIMAX 8k...for as expensive as it is...it didn't hold up to the Reverb and the Quest. Many were quite surprised. Tyriel on Youtube recently did an in headset comparison for it against the Reverb, Quest 2 and 8k PIMAX, spoiler the PIMAX came in last.

Yeah good luck on the PC front, it's a total sh!tshow for parts. I was one of the lucky few who was able to complete a build late last year after the Nvidia 3000 series launch. Ended up doing a custom hardline loop with both CPU and GPU water cooled. Running a 10900k w/ RTX3090.

Your rig sounds bad ass by the way, much nicer than mine...thats for sure! Like I said mine is getting old, its still nice but doesn't compare to the new setups out there.

Avatar image for kingtito
kingtito

11230

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#45 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11230 Posts

@mobius_basic said:
@kingtito said:

210 FOV would be sweet man! I get what you are saying there...one thing with the Quest 2 has mediocre FOV...its really small and worst that the Rift or even the Quest 1. It is one thing that actually stood out to me immediately. I actually watched a comparison view of the PIMAX 8k...for as expensive as it is...it didn't hold up to the Reverb and the Quest. Many were quite surprised. Tyriel recently did an in headset comparison for it against the Reverb, Quest 2 and 8k PIMAX, spoiler the PIMAX came in last.

Yeah good luck on the PC front, it's a total sh!tshow for parts. I was one of the lucky few who was able to complete a build late last year after the Nvidia 3000 series launch. Ended up doing a custom hardline loop with both CPU and GPU water cooled. Running a 10900k w/ RTX3090.

Your rig sounds bad ass by the way! Like I said mine is getting old, its still nice but doesn't compare to the new setups out there.

Yeah the Pimax 8K was underwhelming at best but the new 8KX is supposed to be a big upgrade visually but I'll take that with a grain of salt. I was hoping the Star VR headset was going to be more consumer friendly but at 3K it's hard to justify.

I have a custom water loop now but my system is in need of an upgrade. I plan on doing another complete build with the ThermalTake distro case but 1st things 1st, need to get the CPU and GPU in stock.

BTW nice cars. I have the 2020 F150 Platinum edition and a couple of Harley's but no sports cars.

Avatar image for mobius_basic
mobius_basic

675

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#46 mobius_basic
Member since 2002 • 675 Posts

@kingtito Thanks man! You got a couple Harleys...you're already in the club! :) NICE! That 2020 Plat is something too ;). Those are REALLY nice trucks, my neighbor has one and I get a little jelly with my baby Ranger.

I haven't seen/heard of the 8KX...going to need to check this out.

Avatar image for kingtito
kingtito

11230

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#47 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11230 Posts

@mobius_basic said:

@kingtito Thanks man! You got a couple Harleys...you're already in the club! :) NICE! That 2020 Plat is something too ;). Those are REALLY nice trucks, my neighbor has one and I get a little jelly with my baby Ranger.

I haven't seen/heard of the 8KX...going to need to check this out.

The 8KX is nice but it's even more expensive that the 8K. Just another reason to be hesitant.

Yeah i love my truck and my wife loves the massage seats.

Avatar image for mobius_basic
mobius_basic

675

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#48 mobius_basic
Member since 2002 • 675 Posts

@djoffer123 said:

@rzxv04: pretty sure that was the point with his ever so subtle brag post...

Asshat much? The guy likes cars (has a nice one) and racing. Was sharing a common interest...there was no boasting in my post.

@rzxv04 said:

@djoffer123: Awesome then. You got it, you flaunt it. I love seeing the good stuff even if I'll never be able to purchase anything close to those stuff.

Thanks man...appreciate that. I have always been an "anything on wheels" junky since I was a kid.

Avatar image for rzxv04
rzxv04

2455

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#49 rzxv04
Member since 2018 • 2455 Posts

@mobius_basic said:
@djoffer123 said:

@rzxv04: pretty sure that was the point with his ever so subtle brag post...

Asshat much? The guy likes cars (has a nice one) and racing. Was sharing a common interest...there was no boasting in my post.

@rzxv04 said:

@djoffer123: Awesome then. You got it, you flaunt it. I love seeing the good stuff even if I'll never be able to purchase anything close to those stuff.

Thanks man...appreciate that. I have always been an "anything on wheels" junky since I was a kid.

Yw. Glad your childhood passion has materialized! Hope your collection keeps getting better.